Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (93,040 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

jpm1

State of Decay 2

darthYENIK

Had an enclave move in and start getting pushy with their requests for supplies.  Refused them at one point, due to being rude and I didn’t have enough to give them and keep for my own.  They got hostile.  Thought about leaving them because they live in an area I rarely visit in the middle of nowhere special.

I wanted to confront them.  But thought it might get messy.  So I recruited an assassin.  I knew another group for as long as my group had been in the region, but they no longer had anything to offer, and their enclave disappeared off the map, leaving them in a restaurant doing nothing.  They were a group of three battle hardened paramilitary looking guys.  I recruited the leader.  Waited until night.  Sent him out to the hostile group’s house with a .50 cal sniper rifle, and popped their heads from a hundred yards out.  Gave him some utilities text books because my old utilities guy died (long boring story), and now I have a hydroponics garden.

jpm1

hostile humans have zero chance against an M16. take a teammate with you. and while the AI is unsure what target it should attack, blow their heads off. more or less same strategy than with ferals. when you meet one, disconnect your brain, and reconnect it onto the following sentence 'blow his *** head off' ^^. with 3 humans groups generally once you killed 2 of them the third surrenders, and you are given the option to ban him. but be careful because i noticed that you can blow allied heads as well. and sometimes when a human nearby calls for help, and there's lot of Z incoming. while you try to clear up a bit the area with firearms, sometimes you kill the human as well. you can still loot his corpse lol, but it wasn't what you were supposed to do x)

DexMacLeod

Finally got a couple nights of multiplayer in last weekend and it was a bit of a mixed reaction. The first night he came into my map and it was all pretty smooth but the second night we went into his and I was having major de-sync issues. 

Pretty much any time we got into a car it would look like we were constantly crashing into things then suddenly we'd be back on the road. Things apparently looked just fine for him but it made it so that I pretty much couldn't drive at all. Not sure if that's the game's fault or just something was going on with my internet at the time.

Another weird thing is that his map was incredibly tame. We hardly ever saw any hordes and no freaks outside of Infestation Screamers in a little over 2 hours of play. He was still very, very early into the game but I remember having Ferals and Juggernauts all over the place from the get go.

On the upside, my map is pretty close to running dry on supplies and I was able to horde up on gas cans and vehicle repair kits while in his. Also, since we both decided to start in different maps, going into his game actually felt like I was going somewhere. Not sure I've ever really had an experience like that in a game. 

jpm1
Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2018 at 7:23 PM, HaRdSTyLe_83 said:

does this game have an end? i just cleared all plague nests and moved to a second map and started all over again in the bigger base i found

actually yes and no. you can end the game by completing all the chief missions. but it's not really and end. as you will quit your actual community, but you will gain great bonuses for your next communities. just finished with a builder chief, and now i can start a new community with the ability of

having water, and electricity with 0 fuel consumption, and 0 noise

. plus all you survivors will gain the survivor title. and you can choose them again if you want for your next community. and of course with all their skills. and the ending cinematic is pretty cool also BTW

Edited by jpm1

jpm1

Willy pete. with 1 grenade i eradicated an infestation 😄

Hfje3ya.jpg

attacking the supremacists

kHuJ7ds.jpg

the ending idea is great. the idea of giving you bonuses, as well as the ability to restart with experienced survivors is brilliant

GTA3Rockstar

I really want a lot more customization like in 7 Days to Die.

Can destroy the world and build your base from the ground up.

HaRdSTyLe_83
On 6/12/2018 at 9:06 PM, jpm1 said:

actually yes and no. you can end the game by completing all the chief missions. but it's not really and end. as you will quit your actual community, but you will gain great bonuses for your next communities. just finished with a builder chief, and now i can start a new community with the ability of

Reveal hidden contents

having water, and electricity with 0 fuel consumption, and 0 noise

. plus all you survivors will gain the survivor title. and you can choose them again if you want for your next community. and of course with all their skills. and the ending cinematic is pretty cool also BTW

i finished the first with the warlord legacy

Spoiler

the bonus makes the game 2 easy IMO, you get so many grenades that if you want you can just run along the map and blow the nests as fast as you want, you also get the .50 sniper that alone, can take the nest with 3 shots, and a bunch of ammo

jpm1
Posted (edited)

yeah finished with builder, sherif, and i'm about to finish with warlord, but i'm making it last long for the fun. well yeah the bonuses make it easier, but that way you can equilibrate your base, and just have fun. whatever your base stock it's still not easy. i mean if you attack a jug with low health whatever your napalm stock you'll die. and you never know what can happen. when you respond to a distress call it could be 10 Zs waiting for you, as it could be 20 or 30 folks flanked with a couple of ferals waiting for you as well. it happened to me already, and with no car, it simply turns into nightmare in seconds 😁. and the more you last the more the spawnings increase, and make the moves delicate. each time you switch a map the difficulty increases

sherif bonuses are

supplies of all kind. snacks, supplies, grenades...[/spolier]

Edited by jpm1

HaRdSTyLe_83

Im on the 3rd legacy, first time i  switched the map 2 times before ending it. Its a shame we always restart in the same map.

Its getting easier even without the bonus. I have zero outposts and always around 15-20 resources each, and a truck parked outside full of resource bags. I now always take a team mate with me for the extra carrying capacity.

I dont know much about the first game, but i hope this one gets updated with more stuff to do, maybe some sort of extreme mode or something

jpm1
Posted (edited)

things are getting serious with map 3. on 3rd map you clearly see spawnings are increased. it's very difficult to make 30m without meeting a Z. your base supplies have almost zero incidence when you are surrounded with lot of Z. finished the warlord legacy and i find the bonuses pretty lame btw. 3 M16, 200 bullets.. you don't go far away with that. i think the game difficulty is more or less based on SoD 1 scheme. the more you switch maps the more it becomes nightmaristic. right now we are hunting the legacies, but once we'll get the 4, we'll keep switching maps, and difficulty will really increase. the 2 first maps are really easy. things are starting to get really tough with 3rd map. i remember playing 1 after 5 or 6 map switches, and there were litterally hundreds of Zs around

Edited by jpm1

HaRdSTyLe_83
4 hours ago, jpm1 said:

things are getting serious with map 3. on 3rd map you clearly see spawnings are increased.

it looked the same in the 3rd map to me, ill try it again after unlocking all legacies, but i doubt by that time im still motivated to do so.

finished the warlord legacy and i find the bonuses pretty lame btw. 3 M16, 200 bullets.. you don't go far away with that

it also gives you a 0.50 sniper plus 50 ammo enough to blow 17 plague nests  +  a hand full of grenades that will do the same.

if you brought 3 or 4 cans of fuel from the previous legacy, you can just roam around the map and blow all plague nests in one go

jpm1

don't waste the .50 for nests. more fun on juggies. just popping in to say that there are revolutionaries dressed Zs right now in the streets. probably because of the 4th of july