3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Hussein Sonic

Which city should be redesigned next?

Xiled
Posted (edited)

The first 3 cities in gta 1 were Liberty City, Vice City, and San andreas. A trend they have continued for 15 years.

GTA 2 was Anywhere City. 

Carcer City is mentioned in several gta games and is the setting for the game Manhunt. 

San Andreas kinda complicates it because it was a state that had 3 major cities, Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas. So the 3 cities that are really "left" Are Vice City, San Fierro, and Las Venturas. So far only Liberty City and Los Santos are part of the "HD" era. 

If San Fierro were to return I'm guessing most of the wilderness would be north of the Golden Gate (Gant) Bridge due to them putting Mt Chiliad in GTA 5. When the mountain (Mt. Diablo) is way closer to San Francisco than it is to Las Angeles. Closest South it could really go is Sutro Tower. Its crazy how tall that tower is...

Edited by Xiled

Crossbones

Vice City, easy.

lancevance123

The Legendary Vice City

allgoodinthehood

uhhh. obviously you didnt read it right. i said two different sentences. possibly the south, possibly Las Venturas... look here big dawg. I deal with people with you all the time. all I will say is if your gonna try and attack me, at least learn to read. calm your a.d.d, take a pill.

On 6/1/2018 at 5:46 PM, Official General said:

Las Vegas is in the Western USA and not in the South bro....think you need to check your geographical knowledge of the States. 

figured out how to quote.

new site looks good.

neo92boi

Liberty City in the scope of GTA V would be insane. 

If if they were to truly go in depth with the 5 boroughs, Long Island, Yonkers, Westchester, Newark, and Jersey City like they did with LA as LS it would break the world. GTA IV sold NYC short I’m sorry but it’s true.

Dudu RDRII
Posted (edited)

Vice City boi.

Edited by Dudu RDRII
Added a dot.

RetroMystic

None of them. Make a new city.

Timcatgt5

Lots of potential for Vice City to be featured in the next GTA, with the story set in present time, instead of it being held in the '80s (or a retro themed DLC may change that).

Maybe use an '80s styled plot for a modern occasion, as these things are very common nowadays, mixing retro with modern stuff (not that I'm a fan of it).

Am Shaegar

I want to see SF so badly. Initially I was inclining towards LV, but after reading a couple of comments I realised that LV isn't really so interesting to pick, at least, atm.

The next GTA should be somewhat serious in its theme (not too much like IV though) along with an awesome crime related storyline that features lots of interesting things to experience the dark, hidden corners of the streets and the city.

SF definitely sounds the most fitting in this regard, at least, based on the responses I have seen from many people who have good knowledge about SF and the citys' criminal background, as opposed to VC.

Honestly, I liked VC because of the period it uses to immerse the players with that era of Tommy's criminal career, interesting people and soundtrack, including the cartoony version of the city that still looks as beautiful as ever. I have mixed feelings about VC returning in the modern era, whether it will still manage to immerse myself in the same way it did back in 2002!?

UnknownDivision

Las Venturas, with modern graphics the lights and everything would look so beautiful.

blowtorchrepair

I think it will be Vice City, but could include an updated and possibly explanded Liberty City as well.  An elaborate story involving dealings in both cities could be epic.  Then GTAO could have LS VC and LC available.  

KD142000

Do them all. No excuse not to. If games like The Crew can pull it off, why can't GTA do the same? (I know the cities are tiny in The Crew, but still).

If I had to pick one, it's San Fierro.

allgoodinthehood

i hear an version of atlanta is next so...

el carlitos

LC, LV, SF, VC and LC. All in one map. Everything else would be disappointing.

TheSantader25

VC+LV in one map would be amazing. 

(Ambient)

None.

I think Rockstar should give us a completely new environment rather than recreating cities from the 3D universe over and over again.

Copcaller

SF and LV 

TheMckeever

I loved playing vice city back in day due to it being set the furthest back in time aside from London game which would be nice also to see return

Tao Cheng

Did you not hear project Americas? Las Venturas will be bordering Canada. Duh!

Evilbagelninja

San Fierro in the 70's or 60's would be amazing.

crankupthatjazz

I think a complete remaster of Liberty City, including making the boroughs much larger and adding the surrounding countryside, like Long Island and the Hudson Valley, to name a couple. 

GTA IV's map was so small, and the boroughs were in weird places, like they weren't adjoined with each other based on the actual geographic locations. 

I just think an HD version of Liberty City would be badass by itself, but if R* were to remake LC, they should definitely add countryside and fix the layout of the city to resemble the actual New York City a bit more closely. 

Haha365

San Fierro and Las Venturas

Am Shaegar

San Fierro. After experiencing SA's superb version so well designed I am highly interested in returning back to this city in even better details and atmosphere.

Jabalous

Looking around different threads and fan sites, one could only think of Vice City if Rockstar followed what the majority of voters and wishful thinkers are asking, or hoping, for. I believe that a San Andreas state comprised of San Fierro and Las Venturas, including all the countryside and rural areas surrounding them, will be a perfect setting for Grand Theft Auto VI. A two-cities setting with a natural transition between them when traveling via land will make the game feels large and allow Rockstar to do many things Gameplay and Activities wise, much more than a single- and flat-city setting that is Vice City. Think of a map that's twice the size of V's, with each city having the size of Los Santos, whereas the rest of the map will include small to medium towns, villages, farms, mountain ranges, isolated deserts, forests and so on. It will be a behemoth project, no doubt about that, the largest and probably the most challenging one they'd undertake.  

Edited by Efreet

Gettin up

All of them. But I'm happy if we get even one of them if the makers don't decide to move over another location.