2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Foreverpast

Bunker Sales: Solo Full Stock

brahmabull

I buy 75k of supplies and sell at 210k. All delivery methods are easily doable using this method, although the dune fav sell mission is always horrible to do.

The downside to that approach is that you have to do five sales (at 15-30 mins each) rather than just one to get a full Bunker's worth. Apart from the cost to your time, when you're selling, the Bunker isn't producing stock.

Compare that with the full bunker sale method, where you'll only take a small stock hit when going to creator then coming back to get a different delivery mission (that'll easily be doable solo).

I'm not sure how it works when it comes to how much you lose. I have only noticed it with slightly under 25% stock and with slightly less than 50%. In the first case i lost 1 unit(of which there are 100 in a full bunker). And with the second one i lost 2 units. That means that it would have taken me 7 or 14 minutes respectively to get that back(plus the cost of supplies for it). If that trend carries on up then with a full bunker you will lose close to an hour just to exit a sale. If we are lucky and it stays at 2 units then you still lose 14 minutes which is the same as you get with a usual sale with one vehicle. And that is given that the next mission is one of the 2 you can do solo.

It is a balance and personal preference thing. With a full bunker you risk(if you get the wrong mission) losing product which is both time and money. With a one vehicle sale you only pause production for as long as the sale lasts. Which for the Phantom Wedge, black insurgent and Marshall is usually less than 5 minutes.

This is in no way, shape or form an attempt to undermine the strategy by the OP or you. Your tactic could be the most effective overall but there are a lot of things to consider.

AStiffBreeze

I'm not sure how it works when it comes to how much you lose. I have only noticed it with slightly under 25% stock and with slightly less than 50%. In the first case i lost 1 unit(of which there are 100 in a full bunker). And with the second one i lost 2 units. That means that it would have taken me 7 or 14 minutes respectively to get that back(plus the cost of supplies for it). If that trend carries on up then with a full bunker you will lose close to an hour just to exit a sale. If we are lucky and it stays at 2 units then you still lose 14 minutes which is the same as you get with a usual sale with one vehicle. And that is given that the next mission is one of the 2 you can do solo.

It is a balance and personal preference thing. With a full bunker you risk(if you get the wrong mission) losing product which is both time and money. With a one vehicle sale you only pause production for as long as the sale lasts. Which for the Phantom Wedge, black insurgent and Marshall is usually less than 5 minutes.

This is in no way, shape or form an attempt to undermine the strategy by the OP or you. Your tactic could be the most effective overall but there are a lot of things to consider.

I just sold a full bunker solo. I had to retry twice, and I lost $42K of product by the end. However, I avoided four extra sales, plus any stock production halts during those sales.

When talking about sales times, don't forget the 30 minute green IPC when talking about the single vehicle sales either. You don't get those (or dune FAVs, or Marshalls) when selling full Bunkers solo.

And finally, the AFK nature of the full bunker sales is not to be underestimated, and, frankly, the most attractive thing about the whole proposition. Your only proper interaction is one full bunker sale, the other times it's just popping in to buy supplies. The latter is negligible in terms of time, so again your personal time investment becomes one sale per day, instead of five sales per day.

M.K.N.

...except then you have to make a long drive from Sandy Shores/Paleto Bay to Los Santos and back so unless you have the Oppressor, or even a lightning-fast aircraft like the Pyro, you'd have already ran out of time before you can even complete the deliveries. I know I have, it was never fun without the additional players. There's always a thing called strength in numbers, especially with friends or trustworthy players.

AStiffBreeze

...except then you have to make a long drive from Sandy Shores/Paleto Bay to Los Santos and back so unless you have the Oppressor, or even a lightning-fast aircraft like the Pyro, you'd have already ran out of time before you can even complete the deliveries. I know I have, it was never fun without the additional players. There's always a thing called strength in numbers, especially with friends or trustworthy players.

Just read the OP, it explains how to do it ;)

brahmabull

I just sold a full bunker solo. I had to retry twice, and I lost $42K of product by the end. However, I avoided four extra sales, plus any stock production halts during those sales.

When talking about sales times, don't forget the 30 minute green IPC when talking about the single vehicle sales either. You don't get those (or dune FAVs, or Marshalls) when selling full Bunkers solo.

And finally, the AFK nature of the full bunker sales is not to be underestimated, and, frankly, the most attractive thing about the whole proposition. Your only proper interaction is one full bunker sale, the other times it's just popping in to buy supplies. The latter is negligible in terms of time, so again your personal time investment becomes one sale per day, instead of five sales per day.

Well you don't get the green insurgent because you choose to not do it at a cost. 42k is 42k lost plus the 42 minutes it will take to produce it. But as we pretty much both are saying, it comes down to personal preference and how you play the game. I sometimes go AFK for the bunker to fill too but i do it in a mission to not pay any daily fees at all. Plus when the bunker is just about finished i end the mission for an extra 20k. So i already have to do stuff and doing a little sell mission doesn't bother me.

AStiffBreeze

Well you don't get the green insurgent because you choose to not do it at a cost. 42k is 42k lost plus the 42 minutes it will take to produce it. But as we pretty much both are saying, it comes down to personal preference and how you play the game. I sometimes go AFK for the bunker to fill too but i do it in a mission to not pay any daily fees at all. Plus when the bunker is just about finished i end the mission for an extra 20k. So i already have to do stuff and doing a little sell mission doesn't bother me.

Well if we're going to factor in that there are the small stock losses when exiting, which we are, then we need to also factor in that that means you never have to do the crappy sales when selling solo, you only get the best ones (black IPC and phantom wedge). No more annoying dune FAVs, or monster trucks, or 30 minute IPC deliveries.

If we're talking about playing the game actively when doing the bunkers, don't forget that by selling full stock solo, you can replace those four smaller sales you would've done otherwise with I/E work instead: instead of doing the five small sales, you could source and sell two high end cars ($160,000 profit) and then do a full bunker sale in roughly the same time frame (being very conservative).

brahmabull

Well if we're going to factor in that there are the small stock losses when exiting, which we are, then we need to also factor in that that means you never have to do the crappy sales when selling solo, you only get the best ones (black IPC and phantom wedge). No more annoying dune FAVs, or monster trucks, or 30 minute IPC deliveries.

If we're talking about playing the game actively when doing the bunkers, don't forget that by selling full stock solo, you can replace those four smaller sales you would've done otherwise with I/E work instead: instead of doing the five small sales, you could source and sell two high end cars ($160,000 profit) and then do a full bunker sale in roughly the same time frame (being very conservative).

Having never attempted a full bunker sale i can't be sure but i assume that each of those 2 would take almost the entire 15 minutes to sell since it is 2 trucks or 3 black insurgents. And if i get any of those 2 or the marshall i will have those done in less than 5. So i can do 3 of those in the time someone could do one full bunker sale. I think the effectiveness in both cases are very close and personal preference plays the bigger part. Plus there is the safety factor. I have done Phantom Wedge missions where i got really unlucky when hitting a car and it sends the truck into a pillar on the freeway and the trailer detaches and is placed in a really bad position. And when i try to attach to it cars and police cars keep driving between my truck and the trailer and i waste a lot of time. I can still make it with one truck and 15 minutes but with 2 trucks i would have, on at least 2 missions, lost the second trailer and thereby half of my stock had it been a full bunker. That would have been a guaranteed rage quit.

But the thing that matter is that we have our own methods and that we like it that way.

AStiffBreeze

In about $80,000,000 of full bunker solo sales, I've never failed a single solo sale that I've attempted (Farmhouse Bunker). There is a heap of time for both Phantom wedges and the black IPCs. I think the Marshalls would also be possible, but that one is too close for me to bother risking when the fee for exiting is so small.

FukNRekd
Posted (edited)

^^^ this. Also at farmhouse.

This weekend I came close though. 3 IPCs and all about 3 to 4 miles away (usually one is only 2 to 3 miles away so it's real easy even if you screw up a bit). I did it with about 40 seconds left. Being able to fly the buzzard in at speed, touching down inside the horse corral and sliding under the trees stopping next to the IPC has been a big help. :)

Edited by FukNRekd

Withnail67

I was helping a crew buddy do the dreaded FAV sales mission (we didn't get them all delivered) and I noticed that when one buggy was destroyed, the "crate" was left on the map. Does anyone know if you can destroy the FAV at the start of the mission and then pick up the guns you're selling in another vehicle (eg the Buzzard)?

FukNRekd

That would be nice...

brahmabull

I was helping a crew buddy do the dreaded FAV sales mission (we didn't get them all delivered) and I noticed that when one buggy was destroyed, the "crate" was left on the map. Does anyone know if you can destroy the FAV at the start of the mission and then pick up the guns you're selling in another vehicle (eg the Buzzard)?

You didn't try picking it up after you saw it?

Withnail67

I should have picked them up, but I was trying to get one more delivery done for him before the timer ran out. Newb mistake I know!

Foreverpast
Posted (edited)

Another 2x week in Bunker sales currently, that makes it what the 4th time we've gotten this bonus since April?

Anyone who utilizes this solo method, or some form of it should be set $ wise now through summer.

The 2x on these new Martin Contact Missions this week are a great combo with it, since the missions themselves only take 5-6 minutes when using the right vehicle.

This is an incredibly easy, massive money making week.

Edited by Foreverpast

FukNRekd
1 hour ago, Foreverpast said:

Anyone who utilizes this solo method, or some form of it should be set $ wise now through summer.

The 2x on these new Martin Contact Missions this week are a great combo with it, since the missions themselves only take 5-6 minutes when using the right vehicle.

It's been a very lucrative few weeks for me with the 1.15 million bonus, the VIP 2x, the Bunker 2x and all the sales on stuff I needed to grow my business.

My new account (created about 6 weeks ago) is already level 86, owns Maze West office, La Puerta vehicle warehouse about 23% full, Chumash bunker fully upgraded, Zancudo's A2 hanger with workshop, a buzzard and an upgraded Akula.

I'm certain I'll be getting an MOC for 50% off this weekend and then I'm not sure what I'll do. Hopefully next week we'll get some I/E love and more good 2x contact missions.

BTW, r.e. deluxos in the Martin missions... I have seen several people complain about them running in and finishing the mission before the rest have a chance to get there and all I can say to that is, go away. No, really... go away. This week is about making money and if these deluxos can get us in and out of the missions faster so we can load up the next one, f*cking bring it!!

brahmabull
2 hours ago, Foreverpast said:

Another 2x week in Bunker sales currently, that makes it what the 4th time we've gotten this bonus since April?

I haven't tried this with the new missions. However when i did a very thorough test in the early days of Bunker sales i found that if you enter a mission and exit it again before the 7 minutes(that it takes to produce a piece) then it wouldn't produce anything. I had to stay in a mission for 7, 14, 21 etc minutes to produce. I don't know if the new missions work the same way.

FukNRekd
9 minutes ago, brahmabull said:

I haven't tried this with the new missions. However when i did a very thorough test in the early days of Bunker sales i found that if you enter a mission and exit it again before the 7 minutes(that it takes to produce a piece) then it wouldn't produce anything. I had to stay in a mission for 7, 14, 21 etc minutes to produce. I don't know if the new missions work the same way.

Good point, I believe they do work the same way. Today when I got done with a few Martin sessions my bunker stock did go up but not quite as much as I expected.

MRMO88
18 hours ago, brahmabull said:

Aahh!  Penny dropped for me. 

I was wondering why my stock was barely budging after a hour of those missions. Will need to take my time with them then. 

Gat_2011
Posted (edited)

made some videos of full bunker sales in solo

2 trucks

Spoiler

Spoiler

3 insurgents

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Gat_2011
one more video with 3 insurgents added

Foreverpast
Posted (edited)

Something to note, the police pursuing you work the same as was when npc gang cars do, wait for them to be extremely close as you make a drop-off & those near you will vanish.

Sometimes their vehicles will remain around though/empty.

Edited by Foreverpast

FukNRekd
Posted (edited)
On 6/3/2018 at 12:55 AM, Gat_2011 said:

made some videos of full bunker sales in solo

Didn't watch the whole thing, but some advice if you're open to it...

1. Keep agent 14 on the fone til he hangs up, it doesn't start the global signal timer until he's done. Especially if you're using you MOC truck. Same with I/E.

For solo  lobbies it also postpones the NPC LEO timer so gives you a bit more time to relax.

2. Leave Farmhouse to the east when you get IPCs or trucks, thru the corral, the field and down the embankment to the freeway. It shaves 1/4 mile off the trip and by getting to the freeway faster you're travelling faster than you would be on that long dirt road.

Just be careful not to hit the tree on the embankment. I go just right of that line you see in the dirt and clear the trees pretty easily.

Edited by FukNRekd

Halal Cyborg

Personally I can do all sales solo except the dunes.

theres some much easier routes than others for both the ipcs and marshalls though.

i can sell two dunes solo using buzzard to get around just 

Foreverpast
Posted (edited)
On 6/6/2018 at 5:14 AM, Halal Cyborg said:

Personally I can do all sales solo except the dunes.

Full sales?

Because if that's the case, it would be very much appreciated if you can make a video showing how you manage to solo at full stock the Green Insurgent Delivery method.

Physically it's impossible by all normal standards, to do so without additional players.

A player has 30 minutes to drop off 15 packages at various locations all over the place & in addition eliminate Merryweather at every single drop-off.

It's essentially the Black Insurgent method, but 5 stops per vehicle instead of just one + forced combat against NPCs whereas with the Black Insurgents it's only optional.

As well while technically it is possible to complete full sales solo with the Marhsalls, it's incredibly rare as it totally relies on perfect route driving & certain drop-off locations.

It's so rare to the point where it can't be done with reasonable enough chance to be considered a viable alternative to the Black Insurgent or Phantom Wedge.

Even having a mishap in the BI or PW still leaves plenty of time to complete the sale, & the same goes no matter where the drop-off points are located.

Edited by Foreverpast

Halal Cyborg

I'll admit that some of the insurgents routes are impossible but I've many times sold them solo...certainly the one where you end up in the warehouse district for the last drop is very doable as well as the one near the garage next to lsc on popular street.

the marshalls I can do more easily although I sometimes miss one drop or two at worst but I suck at driving those things.

im greedy and play solo mainly so I've tried all solo...I can do two dunes on a good day with the right drops too.

Obviously if going for high demand bonus I'd never go for multiple vehicle sales...if I'm in a Nat lobby though and I'm extending rockstars double money though ☺

FukNRekd
Posted (edited)
On 6/9/2018 at 1:16 PM, Foreverpast said:

Full sales?

Because if that's the case, it would be very much appreciated if you can make a video showing how you manage to solo at full stock the Green Insurgent Delivery method.

Physically it's impossible by all normal standards, to do so without additional players.

A player has 30 minutes to drop off 15 packages at various locations all over the place & in addition eliminate Merryweather at every single drop-off.

It's essentially the Black Insurgent method, but 5 stops per vehicle instead of just one + forced combat against NPCs whereas with the Black Insurgents it's only optional.

As well while technically it is possible to complete full sales solo with the Marhsalls, it's incredibly rare as it totally relies on perfect route driving & certain drop-off locations.

It's so rare to the point where it can't be done with reasonable enough chance to be considered a viable alternative to the Black Insurgent or Phantom Wedge.

Even having a mishap in the BI or PW still leaves plenty of time to complete the sale, & the same goes no matter where the drop-off points are located.

I had 3 marshals yesterday and the only reason I made it was how close to chumash they were. Any further and I would have not made it in 15 mins. Didn't have any issues either. Took 5 seconds after first drop to take out heli gunners then quickest route around the 'circle' of drops.

Edited by FukNRekd

FrancisBlack
Posted (edited)

Having a second xbox and GTA setup really helps this process out and has allowed me to do full bunkers on everything but Marshalls and Dunes "duosolo". I can definitely recommend the Farmhouse over Ft Zancudo and Paleto bay as I have had both. 

On 6/9/2018 at 4:54 PM, Halal Cyborg said:

I'll admit that some of the insurgents routes are impossible but I've many times sold them solo...certainly the one where you end up in the warehouse district for the last drop is very doable as well as the one near the garage next to lsc on popular street.

the marshalls I can do more easily although I sometimes miss one drop or two at worst but I suck at driving those things.

im greedy and play solo mainly so I've tried all solo...I can do two dunes on a good day with the right drops too.

Obviously if going for high demand bonus I'd never go for multiple vehicle sales...if I'm in a Nat lobby though and I'm extending rockstars double money though ☺

Edited by FrancisBlack

FrancisBlack
Posted (edited)
On 6/9/2018 at 3:16 PM, Foreverpast said:

Full sales?

Many times I have been able to get 14 out of 15 Merryweather insurgent stops without using my second xbox. Which in my book is good enough on a full load 1.1 million. 

Edited by FrancisBlack

Foreverpast
Posted (edited)

*If someone can, I'd really appreciate seeing a delivery video of full stock solo with the Green Insurgents.*

I keep seeing & hearing people say they often successfully deliver full solo sales with them most of the time that those delivery methods appear.

6 hours ago, FrancisBlack said:

Many times I have been able to get 14 out of 15 Merryweather insurgent stops without using my second xbox. Which in my book is good enough on a full load 1.1 million. 

If you don't complete the delivery entirely you don't get paid, so 14 out of 15 drop-offs is kinda pointless in regards to worth.

& total value is $1,050,000, not $1,100,000.

Edited by Foreverpast

FrancisBlack
17 minutes ago, Foreverpast said:

*If someone can, I'd really appreciate seeing a delivery video of full stock solo with the Green Insurgents.*

I keep seeing & hearing people say they often successfully deliver full solo sales with them most of the time that those delivery methods appear.

If you don't complete the delivery entirely you don't get paid, so 14 out of 15 drop-offs is kinda pointless in regards to worth.

& total value is $1,050,000, not $1,100,000.

No it logs how many items you dropped off and then it does a calculation based on how many were delivered. You do not have to finish all drop offs. 

Foreverpast
3 minutes ago, FrancisBlack said:

No it logs how many items you dropped off and then it does a calculation based on how many were delivered. You do not have to finish all drop offs. 

Huh, never really kept track of that, good to know.

Regardless though, my initial response on the matter of the Green Insurgents was about how to complete full sales guaranteed, not partial or close to complete sales.