3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

trip

Is this common in your area?

Motherstep

Just a guess at the cards your holding on that.

No format training, I'm just a simple man who takes sandwiches very seriously. I have very specific guidelines when it comes to sandwiches.

John Smith

Sliced haggis and tottie scone on a roll.

/thread

Motherstep

I like haggis, but I prefer black pudding if I'm rating things on the texture and taste overall. I can't say I've ever had haggis on a sandwich though, that just feels like an unnecessary extra step. Haggis is already complicated enough - so many animals stuffed inside each other.

John Smith

Black pudding is good too, but in terms of...spice...haggis sh*ts its intestines all over it. Try black pudding on a roll. You'll like it. In fact any solid breakfast item other than egg (why do people eat that sh*te, why?) goes well on a roll.

Motherstep

Hold up, did you just shame eggs?

chronic lumbago

Never heard of a fluff-r-nutter before. Anybody partial to a good old tayto or (insert favourite crisp brand) sandwich.

Step 1: White bread.

Step 2: Butter the bread

Step 3: Add the taytos.

Step 4: Enjoy culinary bliss.

Tayto-crisp-sandwich.jpg

We had a similar tradition, but instead we ate crisps inside a bun, not a sandwitch.

1. Make a hole in the bun.

2. Eat the inside

3. Stiff it with ketchup crisps

4. Enjoy!

We used to call them, and this is going to sound stupid because it's translated, "homeless buns". As in, homeless people would eat this kind of food and we usually ate them when hanging out outisde.

John Smith

Hold up, did you just shame eggs?

I didn't just shame them, I fried them, boiled them, poached them, scrambled them to death. F*ck those edible farts.

feckyerlife

my aunt makes a toasted jelly and cheese kinda weird. never tried pb n f. must be a PA thing.

Motherstep

It was only fairly recently when I learned what you referred to as "jelly" isn't what jelly is known as in the UK. I realised our equivalent is jam, but even that doesn't sound too appealing.

feckyerlife

It was only fairly recently when I learned what you referred to as "jelly" isn't what jelly is known as in the UK. I realised our equivalent is jam, but even that doesn't sound too appealing.

they are a tad different i believe our jelly is a bit more solid than your jam.

https://recipes.howstuffworks.com/question84.htm

Jelly, jam and preserves are all made from fruit mixed with sugar and pectin. The difference between them comes in the form that the fruit takes.

• In jelly, the fruit comes in the form of fruit juice.
  • In jam, the fruit comes in the form of fruit pulp or crushed fruit (and is less stiff than jelly as a result).
  • In preserves, the fruit comes in the form of chunks in a syrup or a jam.

Motherstep

Ah, okay. I thought there might have been a subtle difference, but I always get mixed up between preserves and jams anyway.

Somebody mentioned banana and mayonnaise sandwiches. You can drop the latter, but the former is a great sandwich ingredient. However, I'd opt for a brown or wholemeal bread over white. I know the savoury/sweet combination is a different beast but I'm not sure what you could pair with a banana that won't make you feel like throwing up all over the floor.

John Smith

Banana on a sandwich? You people need medication...

Hmmm nice bike

Is this a thing?Q6VIhcR.jpg

I heard my local radio station talk on how he likes to eat a mayo banana samwich every morning. :barf:

Jesus, that looks and sounds absolutely disgusting. But if a stock picture exists, then sadly, it's a thing somewhere.

Motherstep

If it killed Elvis, it must be good. Here is the frankly terrifying Wikipedia page for that very sandwich, the Fool's Gold Loaf.

elvissandwich1.jpg

EDIT: Apparently my sources have been mixed up. The Fool's Gold Loaf is merely a sandwich he enjoyed, not necessarily the one that finished him off. Either way, it's a great read and is enough to make your blood vessels tremble.

trip

Banana mayonnaise = ewwwww

Banana peanut butter = tasty.

Motherstep

Mayonnaise is a strange addition in that in takes very select main fillings for it to actually work.

Straypuft

If it killed Elvis, it must be good. Here is the frankly terrifying Wikipedia page for that very sandwich, the Fool's Gold Loaf.

elvissandwich1.jpg

EDIT: Apparently my sources have been mixed up. The Fool's Gold Loaf is merely a sandwich he enjoyed, not necessarily the one that finished him off. Either way, it's a great read and is enough to make your blood vessels tremble.

Didnt he also enjoy peanut butter and banana sammiches?

Motherstep

He certainly did, and he was no stranger to bacon and cheese either.

You can picture it now. It's 1972. You're at the front row watching Elvis Presley, the man himself, live on stage. You were sure he kept looking at you at the mid-way point, just as he and his band start slowing down for some sensual numbers. You must've been mistaken, surely not? Nevertheless, you feel the heat. There's chemistry. He keeps looking! He is! You can't believe it. Still numb from an unforgettable show, you feel a burly hand clap down on your shoulder. Spinning around, you see two sharply dressed, intimidating men. They ask you to come with them, because The King wants to see you. It's a wonder your legs kept you upright as you were practically marched into Elvis' dressing room. He shoots you a coy smile in between wiping his neck and face with an otherwise pristine towel. You're stunned. He moves in, locks you with a kiss that could awaken a fresh cadaver.

Fast forward some hours later and you've just had your world rocked by The King himself. You lay for a moment, sweating, the only barrier between you are the finest sheets found this side of the country. He rolls over. God, he smells incredible.

Wait. That's not him. That's... cheese?

He peels a fresh grilled cheese sandwich off a nearby press. He peels it in twain and hands you a slice. The sandwich is unforgettable.

Sanches

Nut cream (or peanut butter, whatever)? I've seen these only in western movies and cartoons. Here, the closest you can get is Nutella.

Edited by Sanches

Crokey

I know its not really a local thing but in general does anyone else dip their french fries into an ice cream/milkshake and eat it like that?

That is the work of the gods, the only thing I go near Mickey D's for

Is this a thing?

Q6VIhcR.jpg

I heard my local radio station talk on how he likes to eat a mayo banana samwich every morning. :barf:

What kind of evil is that?!? Bananas are minging, and Mayo is Satan's Man Fat.

If you want a good Sandwich then you can't beat a Sugar Puff Sandwich (or Honey Smacks in the US). A thin enough layer of butter to help the things stick, but not too much that the butter can be tasted. If you want to make it even better, swap the butter for Chocolate Spread.

Asmodo

Anyone else cut up strawberries or bananas and put it in your cornflakes? I know you can buy cereal with dried fruit pieces in it at the store but nothing beats freshly sliced.

uNi

Brie cheese + banana.

Pretty good, don't wander to far from a toilet though.

AiraCobra

Banana on a sandwich? You people need medication...

You've never had Peanut Butter & Banana Sammiches? The Fluff-n-Nutter came in second to the PB&B sammiches for our after school snack with a big glass of Hi-C Fruit Punch

Anyone else cut up strawberries or bananas and put it in your cornflakes? I know you can buy cereal with dried fruit pieces in it at the store but nothing beats freshly sliced.

I do that with Rice Krispies cereal and also with my Toast & Waffles.

Sometimes with my Waffles i'll put Peanut Butter & Bananas or Nutella W/ Strawberries & Bananas on Toast or Waffles

I know its not really a local thing but in general does anyone else dip their french fries into an ice cream/milkshake and eat it like that?
That is the work of the gods, the only thing I go near Mickey D's for
I prefer Wendy's Frosties over McDonalds Milkshake for my fry dipping experiences
Edited by Ai®aCob®a

Mr. Scratch

Jesus Murphy, there's 8000 calories in just one of those cocksuckers.

AiraCobra

At least i'm eating fruit... Heey-ooh

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

MCMXCII

Never heard of a fluff-r-nutter before. Anybody partial to a good old tayto or (insert favourite crisp brand) sandwich.

Step 1: White bread.

Step 2: Butter the bread

Step 3: Add the taytos.

Step 4: Enjoy culinary bliss.

-snip-

Used to do this with Cheetos or Gold Fish crackers. Except it wasn't just chips that were on my sandwich. I also either had ham or bologna, cheese, mayonnaise, and mustard on it. You can put just about anything on a sandwich.

Motherstep

Gentle reminder that brie is the superior choice to use in any sandwich that requires cheese.

Short Stay

~

Edited by Short Stay

GTA_CAT

Stop creating weird stuff and enjoy eating hundreds of years of tradition, the oldest sandwiches ever created, the original cold cuts of fresh meat: fuet, llonganissa, chorizo and jamon serrano and a lot more, all between two slices of bread condimented with olive oil and spreaded natural tomato.