4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

gold_fish

[REL] KAM's GTA Scripts (2018)

gold_fish
21 minutes ago, MrDadosz said:

There's another problem. If you export DFF, script will save model to 0,0,0 position but if you export COL, script will get current model collision instead of 0,0,0. Can you fix this? 

Sorry, I do not understand. You mean the pivot?

MrDadosz

Yes, I mean pivot, sorry. Look at this:

COL exporter should work like DFF exporter. If pivot's positions is different than X:0, Y:0, Z:0, script should move pivot to X:0, Y:0, Z:0 and then export, after this should set pivot's position to it's original position. That would be very comfortable, like DFF exporter is. It's useful when you have more than one model, you can export this without moving every object to the center.

Edited by MrDadosz

gold_fish
14 minutes ago, MrDadosz said:

Yes, I mean pivot, sorry. Look at this: 

COL exporter should work like DFF exporter. If pivot's positions is different than X:0, Y:0, Z:0, script should move pivot to X:0, Y:0, Z:0 and then export, after this should set pivot's position to it's original position. That would be very comfortable, like DFF exporter is. 

I'm understood, thank you.
Unfortunately, this is a COL IO bug, it moves the pivot to the center of the scene, it's a gross error 😃

I recommend to put the models in the center of scene before exporting the collision

In the future, I planned to work on COL IO and fix errors.

Edited by gold_fish

cj2000
On 6/22/2018 at 7:17 PM, gold_fish said:

Alpha is written in the day and night prelit, if night is on

But the values can be diferent, at least that what I´ve heared.

Edited by cj2000

gold_fish
23 hours ago, cj2000 said:

But the values can be diferent, at leas that what I´ve heared.

These are formalities)0

But can of course make a separate setting

cj2000
2 hours ago, gold_fish said:

These are formalities)0

But can of course make a separate setting

Not really necesary to use separate setting for night alpha, I use r value for alpha and g value for night alpha, both in chanel -2.

Poulain
Hello, here I am installing Kam's load a dff file. and ifp to do an animation of the early prologue gta san andreas. The problem I load the files the animation is done but not the animation of the move my character does not speak. 
And also I can not animate the object of the animations as for the prolog 3 there is a police car copcarla and unn taxi I select them with the structure of the objects click on the animation of the object nothing is can you help me please

gold_fish
9 hours ago, cj2000 said:

Not really necesary to use separate setting for night alpha, I use r value for alpha and g value for night alpha, both in chanel -2. 

I think this is not very convenient. The color of the prelite is tied to the alpha. Values may be needed by others

7 minutes ago, Poulain said:
Hello, here I am installing Kam's load a dff file. and ifp to do an animation of the early prologue gta san andreas. The problem I load the files the animation is done but not the animation of the move my character does not speak. 
And also I can not animate the object of the animations as for the prolog 3 there is a police car copcarla and unn taxi I select them with the structure of the objects click on the animation of the object nothing is can you help me please

Are you doing a cutscene?

Poulain

Yes, kind of  :)

What I would like to do.

The Hero

"Night" vertex alpha is the one that you normally see (day and night). The standard alpha channel is used for the wet road alpha effect on PS2 and with SkyGFX.

gold_fish
8 minutes ago, The Hero said:

"Night" vertex alpha is the one that you normally see (day and night). The standard alpha channel is used for the wet road alpha effect on PS2 and with SkyGFX.

Very strange... Deniska's script exports alpha to the structure of the day prelite

And after the export of the day's alpha the transparency is worked. Or i do not understand something?

Edited by gold_fish

Poulain

I started on Kam's script and I can understand some things but unfortunately some thing escapes me again. When I load a file in 3ds max to animate the animation is done without the I put a video for you to understand better

Edited by Poulain

gold_fish
11 minutes ago, Poulain said:

I started on Kam's script and I can understand some things but unfortunately some thing escapes me again. When I load a file in 3ds max to animate the animation is done without the I put a video for you to understand better

Sorry, but I understand in the cutscenes  modding and VC =|

Edited by gold_fish

Poulain

it not problem and thank a lot of for your help 

The Hero
8 hours ago, gold_fish said:

Very strange... Deniska's script exports alpha to the structure of the day prelite

And after the export of the day's alpha the transparency is worked. Or i do not understand something?

Are you using an unmodified PC version? In that case you may be right although I'm not sure vertex alpha is working at all with that.

The versions where vertex alpha actually does work (PS2, Xbox, PC with skygfx) do it the way I described.

gold_fish
1 hour ago, The Hero said:

Are you using an unmodified PC version? In that case you may be right although I'm not sure vertex alpha is working at all with that.

The versions where vertex alpha actually does work (PS2, Xbox, PC with skygfx) do it the way I described. 

Of course, this works. And then how is the mixture of grass textures implemented in SA(pc)?)

Here is an example. Maybe we do not understand each other?)

The Hero

Alright I investigated and it turns out that vertex alpha works when lighting is disabled in the DFF. This is not the case for most objects.

gold_fish
24 minutes ago, The Hero said:

Alright I investigated and it turns out that vertex alpha works when lighting is disabled in the DFF. This is not the case for most objects. 

lighting flag?

To be honest, I still do not know exactly the purpose of this flag

The Hero

It just disables lighting for the dff. For a prelit geometry that means the vertex colours will be passed through without ambient or diffuse lighting applied to anything. I believe this is the only case where vertex alpha can work with the default d3d9 pipeline (on which the SA building pipeline is based).

Shagg_E
16 hours ago, Poulain said:

Use CS actors for face animations. They are has a "cs" prefix on the model name.
For example, in Vice City you have a "player" model, which has cutscene version named "csplay". For "IGKen" it will "CSKen".

For cutscene animations use IFP-ANPK-TOOL. Here the help file for it. It's in russian, so translate it with google.
Also read cutscenes tutorial here: 1, 2, 3. It's also in russian and quite little informative, but I working on big video tutorial right now.

You can also use my beta maxscript for easement of animation.

Edited by Shagg_E

Poulain

Thank you thank you x1000000 😍😍 everything worked even the animation that did not work it's great. 

your tutorial is on what and if you have a channel it would bother you to pass it to me ☺️

gold_fish
43 minutes ago, antonydl said:

hello, i use Kamas script to import .dff files to 3ds max, but when i import them, some part get wrong axis in scene. please give me a solution. thanks
http://s9.picofile.com/file/8330567292/2018_06_30_21_11_00.jpg
2018_06_30_21_11_00.jpg

try importing with the seggaeman's plugin

or the old version of the kam's script

Edited by gold_fish

antonydl

i want to import my eported .obj model from Zmodeler  to 3ds max but i got this error . how i can fix this?

2018_05_11_17_40_12.jpg

gold_fish
4 hours ago, antonydl said:

i want to import my eported .obj model from Zmodeler  to 3ds max but i got this error . how i can fix this?

2018_05_11_17_40_12.jpg

I think the problem is that you did not correctly export the model out of zm

cj2000
22 hours ago, antonydl said:

2018_05_11_17_40_12.jpg

Why using obj? 3ds format is much beter, or you can import dffs created with Zmod using my version of Kams script.

antonydl
On 7/3/2018 at 5:14 PM, cj2000 said:

Why using obj? 3ds format is much beter, or you can import dffs created with Zmod using my version of Kams script.

3ds format get lost normals and pivot points for parts

cj2000
58 minutes ago, antonydl said:

3ds format get lost normals and pivot points for parts

Then use dff.

Edited by cj2000

NoobDude-

Well done, was looking for this. Time to switch to 2017 version.

dan4master

Hello, I will try explain myselft with the better english than I can xD. My problem is the next: since I used the old Kams scripts I havent can convert .OBJ to .DFF directly, I need convert the .OBJ format to .3DS and then export as .DFF. And that is because whent I try convert .OBJ to .DFF directly happens this (not the color red of some parts):

Spoiler

Is like the UVS change when you export the file. I want be able to import .OBJ and directrly export it as .DFF becase if I export it as .3DS the smooth groups get lost and the model looks terrible. So I wonder if you can make something at future release of these scripts. Any way, I will get pics to explain myself better. I'll post it as replies.