Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. After Hours
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

gold_fish

[REL] KAM's GTA Scripts (2018)

Recommended Posts

gold_fish
8 hours ago, dan4master said:

Hello, I will try explain myselft with the better english than I can xD. My problem is the next: since I used the old Kams scripts I havent can convert .OBJ to .DFF directly, I need convert the .OBJ format to .3DS and then export as .DFF. And that is because whent I try convert .OBJ to .DFF directly happens this (not the color red of some parts):

  Reveal hidden contents

Is like the UVS change when you export the file. I want be able to import .OBJ and directrly export it as .DFF becase if I export it as .3DS the smooth groups get lost and the model looks terrible. So I wonder if you can make something at future release of these scripts. Any way, I will get pics to explain myself better. I'll post it as replies.

Do you have the original model in obj format? Why do you need to export to 3ds? You can load obj into 3ds max and use the kam scripts to export to dff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5Alex
Posted (edited)

It's possible use it in 3D's 2019?

Edited by 5Alex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gold_fish
5 hours ago, 5Alex said:

It's possible use it in 3D's 2019?

You can of course, but I did not test

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
santosvagos
Posted (edited)

Just download the update but how do i install texture folder ???  should i paste it into map folder or gta tool folder

Edited by santosvagos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gold_fish
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, santosvagos said:

Just download the update but how do i install texture folder ???  should i paste it into map folder or gta tool folder 

no, it's are standard textures, they are extracted from the txd  for quick access to them, do not pay attention to it

Edited by gold_fish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
santosvagos

sorry , i forgot to ask you about this . Do i have to delete every components of the previous version in order to install the latest version ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5Alex
Posted (edited)

Unfortunately I can not use this in the 2019 version.

OHQqkH3.png

 

Edited by 5Alex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gold_fish
On 8/26/2018 at 11:56 AM, santosvagos said:

sorry , i forgot to ask you about this . Do i have to delete every components of the previous version in order to install the latest version ???

No. Read readme, everything is written there

5 hours ago, 5Alex said:

Unfortunately I can not use this in the 2019 version. 

OHQqkH3.png

 

What does this prevent? Is the script crashing? Does not start? What exactly is the problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5Alex
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, gold_fish said:

No. Read readme, everything is written there

What does this prevent? Is the script crashing? Does not start? What exactly is the problem

I tried to use it in different ways but, nothing!

Edited by 5Alex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gold_fish
1 hour ago, 5Alex said:

I tried to use it in different ways but, nothing! 

 

Is this rollout on the side?

 

l4TybwL8leI.jpg

 

After pressing DFF IO, the does nothing? Open the listener (f 11) show me the contents of this window

after clicking on the DFF IO button

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
santosvagos

Look like the script only works on 3ds max 2009 , 2012 and 2017 .  I am using 3ds max 2014 whenever i import Gta sa DFF files and export them by bone/skin export . The skins mess up in the game even i do nothing to them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryba15

This script is probably only one which can correctly export opacity of textures(without using alpha texture) which can be displayed correctly without using SilentPatch, but I notice problem with mixing smoothing groups, or giving this same VC different polygons, so it's look like unity. You can see my problem in pic bellow.

2M45K.jpg

Edited by Ryba15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gold_fish
1 hour ago, Ryba15 said:

This script is probably only one which can correctly export opacity of textures(without using alpha texture) which can be displayed correctly without using SilentPatch, but I notice problem with mixing smoothing groups, or giving this same VC different polygons, so it's look like unity. You can see my problem in pic bellow. 

2M45K.jpg

I already know about the problem.
Before imposing the prelit on the model, you need to manually break all the vertices.
Later I will write a special script to automate and save the size of dff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryba15

Break vertex before export help.

I notice second problem with too dark VC and NVC. My object already have VC and NVC set by Vertex Paint tool, and when I don't use Silent Patch, or play on MTA on my map, object exported by this tool are too dark. Object in picture is only sand around sandpit, rest of objects are exportet by Deniska's script.

2M4FH.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gold_fish
7 hours ago, Ryba15 said:

Break vertex before export help.

I notice second problem with too dark VC and NVC. My object already have VC and NVC set by Vertex Paint tool, and when I don't use Silent Patch, or play on MTA on my map, object exported by this tool are too dark. Object in picture is only sand around sandpit, rest of objects are exportet by Deniska's script. 

2M4FH.jpg

please give these models, one of them exported by a deniski script, the second one is a kam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryba15
14 hours ago, gold_fish said:

please give these models, one of them exported by a deniski script, the second one is a kam 

https://files.fm/u/3cen98d9

I found option in SilentPatch which fix colors on KAM's model, but it's only in older version of SilentPatch.

Quote

; This enables shader-based Night Vertex Colours
; Disabled automatically for SA-MP
NVCShader=1

 

Edited by Ryba15
fg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gold_fish
1 hour ago, Ryba15 said:

https://files.fm/u/3cen98d9

I found option in SilentPatch which fix colors on KAM's model, but it's only in older version of SilentPatch. 

 

You export the vertices alpha channel , try exporting through the kam  with this check mark

2M69p.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryba15
6 minutes ago, gold_fish said:

You export the vertices alpha channel , try exporting through the kam  with this check mark 

2M69p.jpg

 

 

KAM's version of this object display Vertex Alpha correctly(without using Silent Patch). Problem with KAM's version of my object is only with little bit darknest VC and NVC, like on this comparison.

2M4FH.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iDrill

Are we going to ignore the fact that exporting skins no matter if you have changed anything on them messes them completely up in-game? Fix that. Deleting this version for now, useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tut Greco
7 hours ago, iDrill said:

Are we going to ignore the fact that exporting skins no matter if you have changed anything on them messes them completely up in-game? Fix that. Deleting this version for now, useless.

The only issue I'm experiencing is the pivot being reset to the top of .y mesh, that's all - the version of his is very sustainable and makes adding particles etc. a job that anyone can do rather than having to use an external program such as rw editor. Be a bit grateful about people voluntarily releasing such useful tools sir.

 

Now for the skin issue, are you sure it isn't a problem with the rig or something alike? Can you show images of your max file and ingame? Is the result different using vanilla kams script?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
santosvagos

even when i din't do any thing to the skins , the skins still messed up in game after exporting . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iDrill
9 hours ago, Tut Greco said:

The only issue I'm experiencing is the pivot being reset to the top of .y mesh, that's all - the version of his is very sustainable and makes adding particles etc. a job that anyone can do rather than having to use an external program such as rw editor. Be a bit grateful about people voluntarily releasing such useful tools sir.

 

Now for the skin issue, are you sure it isn't a problem with the rig or something alike? Can you show images of your max file and ingame? Is the result different using vanilla kams script?

I've had a skin request, it was basically retexturing and a headswap of original SA skins. Everything was rigged correctly and I've exported the skin with the 2018 Kam's Max Script. Loaded it in-game the skin was standing horizontal, the skin wasn't responding to the movements at all. It was floating. I decided to import a vanilla skin and change nothing, simply import and export and had the same issue.

 

I thought it must be a issue with the new Kam's Max Script and decided to replace it with the vanilla script, everything worked fine then.

 

I must give huge props when it comes about importing buildings or general objects with NVC. No need to workaround and make my own vertex colors.

 

I'll stick to using the vanilla script for skins and the new one for buildings or objects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gold_fish
19 hours ago, iDrill said:

I've had a skin request, it was basically retexturing and a headswap of original SA skins. Everything was rigged correctly and I've exported the skin with the 2018 Kam's Max Script. Loaded it in-game the skin was standing horizontal, the skin wasn't responding to the movements at all. It was floating. I decided to import a vanilla skin and change nothing, simply import and export and had the same issue.

 

I thought it must be a issue with the new Kam's Max Script and decided to replace it with the vanilla script, everything worked fine then.

 

I must give huge props when it comes about importing buildings or general objects with NVC. No need to workaround and make my own vertex colors.

 

I'll stick to using the vanilla script for skins and the new one for buildings or objects. 

In the near future I will try to solve this problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kosidian

gcfvPvd.png

I'm using 2012 3dsmax with this script and I exported my skin, this happened, similar to the guy above.

The model doesn't move at all and it's just floating horizontally.

Edited by kosidian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
benvok

hey! how can i export .sae in 2dfx section?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gold_fish
On 11/6/2018 at 5:11 PM, benvok said:

hey! how can i export .sae in 2dfx section?

 

 

Look for lessons on the use of the script dexx tool, if you need to export light, then you can export through this kam script

Edited by gold_fish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrDadosz

Hello again. Can you fix this?
no uv pack: https://i.imgur.com/LlgpcYZ.png

uv pack: https://i.imgur.com/j71y69i.png

it's 100% fault of exporter, it's deattaching fragments of skin. It's possible, because GTA characters doesn't have that line on their faces:

VYCpQ7h.png

 

//edit: I found kams with fixed uv's: 

 

Edited by MrDadosz
found improved kams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cj2000
On 11/5/2018 at 5:38 PM, kosidian said:

gcfvPvd.png

I'm using 2012 3dsmax with this script and I exported my skin, this happened, similar to the guy above.

The model doesn't move at all and it's just floating horizontally.

Looks like skin, bones or both were not exported. Have you used the charecter export?

On 11/6/2018 at 3:11 PM, benvok said:

hey! how can i export .sae in 2dfx section?

 

 

Which 2dfx section?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrDadosz
On 11/5/2018 at 5:38 PM, kosidian said:

gcfvPvd.png

I'm using 2012 3dsmax with this script and I exported my skin, this happened, similar to the guy above.

The model doesn't move at all and it's just floating horizontally.

You have to use vertex colors set to normals, otherwise your character won't have animations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.