Jump to content

[REL] KAM's GTA Scripts (2018) / UPD: 31.05.2020 /


gold_fish

Recommended Posts

As we can see, this is the material tab, where i selected a color map called "074a698.png" and a dual map called "074a698_swlight.png".
Blend modes are source color and dest color, i think that one would bring an exact 50/50 result when drawing (?).

0Yzjjat.png


 

This is the entry in RW analyze after exporting the model, the PLG sections are both empty and i cant find the "074a698_swlight.png" texture entry. So, what is missing here?

BUMYHBQ.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/22/2019 at 12:03 PM, Einheit-101 said:

As we can see, this is the material tab, where i selected a color map called "074a698.png" and a dual map called "074a698_swlight.png".
Blend modes are source color and dest color, i think that one would bring an exact 50/50 result when drawing (?).

0Yzjjat.png


 

This is the entry in RW analyze after exporting the model, the PLG sections are both empty and i cant find the "074a698_swlight.png" texture entry. So, what is missing here?

BUMYHBQ.png

Empty? The section is 112 Byte large, wouldn´t call it empty. On the pic you have selected exactly the wrong section.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are right, the other entry has 112 bytes and there is a line with my texture name in the hex field, but in-game the model still has no dual map applied. I tried replacing an object in gta3.img and i tried replacing a dff with MTA San Andreas.
Can someone maybe post an example model with confirmed working dual map?

Edited by Einheit-101
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Einheit-101 said:

You are right, the other entry has 112 bytes and there is a line with my texture name in the hex field, but in-game the model still has no dual map applied. I tried replacing an object in gta3.img and i tried replacing a dff with MTA San Andreas.
Can someone maybe post an example model with confirmed working dual map?

What that 452 Bytes large unknown section should be? Also does your model have UVmap2? You need UVmap2 for the dual map.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay, no, i dont have a 2nd UV map. I need to look into that first then, because i dont know yet how to add this. 

Do bump map, specular map etc all need the 2nd uv map? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Einheit-101 said:

Okay, no, i dont have a 2nd UV map. I need to look into that first then, because i dont know yet how to add this. 

Do bump map, specular map etc all need the 2nd uv map? 

You only need to specify the texture of the doualmap, then export with the pressed  button [normal]

 2XeWF.png   2XeXk.png

example https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-A35MhvkhN-0jhISOWJDHsAbmpS4FcyY

Edited by gold_fish
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see! That works! 
But this disables vertex prelighting at night, which means that the object will always be fully illuminated. 

I guess i can fix this by applying a simple shader to the model in MTA:SA if there is no way around this. Thanks so far!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Einheit-101 said:

I see! That works! 
But this disables vertex prelighting at night, which means that the object will always be fully illuminated. 

I guess i can fix this by applying a simple shader to the model in MTA:SA if there is no way around this. Thanks so far!

Yes, unfortunately doulmap does not work without normals, perhaps this is due to the fact that this function is intended for vehicles. Also, the night vertex color does not work simultaneously with the normals

Edited by gold_fish
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Einheit-101 said:

Okay, no, i dont have a 2nd UV map. I need to look into that first then, because i dont know yet how to add this. 

Do bump map, specular map etc all need the 2nd uv map? 

No, bump map and specular map are not using 2nd uv map, but SA reflection map does.

11 hours ago, Einheit-101 said:

I see! That works! 
But this disables vertex prelighting at night, which means that the object will always be fully illuminated. 

I guess i can fix this by applying a simple shader to the model in MTA:SA if there is no way around this. Thanks so far!

So that unknown section, I was asking about, was extra vert color, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Marko Croheart

Hello, Goldfish. When I import certain models from gta3.img in 3ds MAX and export them, they crash in-game. Some of the models are 5174, 5310, 5187, 5179, 3655, 3697 etc. What is causing this problem? I also notice in 3ds max that they are all black and disappear on zoom. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/6/2019 at 2:52 AM, Marko Croheart said:

Hello, Goldfish. When I import certain models from gta3.img in 3ds MAX and export them, they crash in-game. Some of the models are 5174, 5310, 5187, 5179, 3655, 3697 etc. What is causing this problem? I also notice in 3ds max that they are all black and disappear on zoom. 

I wrote about this in this post >

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/6/2019 at 1:52 AM, Marko Croheart said:

Hello, Goldfish. When I import certain models from gta3.img in 3ds MAX and export them, they crash in-game. Some of the models are 5174, 5310, 5187, 5179, 3655, 3697 etc. What is causing this problem? I also notice in 3ds max that they are all black and disappear on zoom. 

From which game? Also what you mean with that numbers 5174, ...?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://gyazo.com/c923ee951b2d0f2d5037ebbb6bc2ff6a

 

This is what happens when I use it in 2009. When I scroll once or twice to zoom in on the object after importing it just goes out of my view and I'm unable to find it again. I'm not sure why, it's always done this for me and I'm not sure if something on here has been posted already. I always have to completely restart.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Marko Croheart
4 hours ago, Apathyy said:

https://gyazo.com/c923ee951b2d0f2d5037ebbb6bc2ff6a

 

This is what happens when I use it in 2009. When I scroll once or twice to zoom in on the object after importing it just goes out of my view and I'm unable to find it again. I'm not sure why, it's always done this for me and I'm not sure if something on here has been posted already. I always have to completely restart.

You can press this Dcqw4t0.png but Goldfish said earlier about fixing this

 

cj2000 its from gta san andreas crash codes are 
SA-MP 0.3.DL-R1
Exception At Address: 0x77935DEC
Base: 0x03CD0000

 

It occurs when I import and export GTA SA model and try to create it in-game. But only some of them do, as I said that numbers are IDs of models.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Marko Croheart said:

You can press this Dcqw4t0.png but Goldfish said earlier about fixing this

 

cj2000 its from gta san andreas crash codes are 
SA-MP 0.3.DL-R1
Exception At Address: 0x77935DEC
Base: 0x03CD0000

 

It occurs when I import and export GTA SA model and try to create it in-game. But only some of them do, as I said that numbers are IDs of models.

That doesn't work. Already tried it. Hope this is fixed soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Apathyy said:

That doesn't work. Already tried it. Hope this is fixed soon.

I already wrote here, you need to remove omni that are far from the models, find them and delete, leave omnis that are in the vicinity of the model

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE

v 0.3.2

added:
- choice of material before you import the DFF (GTAMat or standard)

fixed:
- import 2dfx (fixed a critical bug)
- import map IO texture extension
- UPDATED map IO script and improved its compatibility with the latest version of the DFF importer
- updated script interface
- other minor code fixes and improvements

 

download https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hjKlZzNjxilEBfDGrSIN2iJF-1xSwVxU

or https://yadi.sk/d/DQMt4tMM3TTV5e

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fixed a critical bug that caused the camera to fly in max after importing dff with 2dfx

 

FHvjg-ZYFEo.jpg

EI4NBr5cztM.jpg

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello

 

I have a problem regarding the tool, everytime I import a dff file, 3d studio max crashes and i'm forced to restart it.

How could I solve this problem ?

 

Thanks in advance for further assistance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Toaster_Bath said:

Hello

 

I have a problem regarding the tool, everytime I import a dff file, 3d studio max crashes and i'm forced to restart it.

How could I solve this problem ?

 

Thanks in advance for further assistance.

What version of 3D max are you using?

This problem with any DFF ?

Can you give me this DFF?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE

v 0.3.5  (20.11.2019)

 

>>>>>>>>> [DFF IO]  <<<<<<<<<<<

fixed:
(20.11.2019)
 - import of multiclamp models (with clump UV Anim section)
 - other minor code fixes and improvements

 

 

>>>>>>>>> [Map IO]  <<<<<<<<<<<

 

added:

 - added mass IPL import
 - added import of map models with any (custom) texture extension
 - added the ability to select model material when importing
 - added binary ipl import (when importing, you must specify the path to gta.dat of your mod / game)
 - added the ability to select IPL sections for import (you need to put a checkmark in front of the desired section)
 - added the ability to fake map import (instead of map models, planes will be created)
 - added button to launch EMAPTool script of the ice version, designed for easy export of map mapping to IPL / IDE
 - added a detailed log when importing a map
 - added progress bar when importing map
 - added statistics of loaded map mapping
 - the script code has been improved, now it is more likely that the script will not crash due to an error, but will issue warnings in the log (F11) and continue its work
 - added more warnings and tips to help identify most of the errors on the part of the user
 - EMAPTool officially became part of the KAM script and is located in the '/ scripts / GTA_Tools (GF) /' folder (it is recommended to check for an update of this script in the VK office of the script author group)
 

fixed:

 - improved and redesigned script interface
 - improved and revised map import code
 - fixed import of multi-clamp models (with clump UV Anim section)
 - fixed the problem when import was stopped due to incorrect IPL / mapping
 - IPL import with comments has been fixed (all comments in Cyrillic should be at the beginning of the file BEFORE the INST section!)

 

Additionally:
 - added checking the dimensions of the model before exporting to the script of mass export of collisions in CST(export_steve_col_script.ms)

 

download https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hjKlZzNjxilEBfDGrSIN2iJF-1xSwVxU

or https://yadi.sk/d/DQMt4tMM3TTV5e

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

U_H3txmDBbY.jpg      rajCxzT7WY4.jpg

 

Edited by gold_fish
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, gold_fish said:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE

v 0.3.5  (20.11.2019)

 

>>>>>>>>> [DFF IO]  <<<<<<<<<<<

fixed:
(20.11.2019)
 - import of multiclamp models (with clump UV Anim section)

Not exactly shure what you meaning, but if it´s about multiclamp dffs containing UV Anim section(s), it make no sence bekause not existing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, cj2000 said:

Not exactly shure what you meaning, but if it´s about multiclamp dffs containing UV Anim section(s), it make no sence bekause not existing.

I just fixed the import of models with a multiclump, initially the script doesn’t load them, and activates the multiclump re-import mode, which must be done manually for each dff, but I corrected a little code to automatically ignore other types of clumps except for the one containing the model itself ( later can add the import of the animation itself uv)

Edited by gold_fish
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can you please... please fix this annoying "unknown property count in undefined" error when importing a .ifp file? Its a really annoying old bug and i can give you an example file that can not be imported because the script is broken somewhere.
It is very likely that the ifps get corrupted when saving / replacing with ifp I/O.


https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ygn8gqx7xdwchw/bug.ifp?dl=0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your work is really nice for improving it at better versions from the first ones made by KAMs only.

 

Even though, during this time, I'm wondering why a feature I appreciated were removed.. Particularly for me the export/import scale which was at 1 by default but could be changed before importing or exporting. I honestly had used it a lot of time. I tried with 3ds max to do it but the number value of a scaling object being in % is not exactly the same as with this old feature and it didnt work anymore when exporting... For example, even if I choosed to scale a dff at 2x bigger than his size and I pressed export to dff, the object remain at its initial size ingame. 

 

Could you add it that back in the next update while keeping the default setting of the object?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Dodow said:

Your work is really nice for improving it at better versions from the first ones made by KAMs only.

 

Even though, during this time, I'm wondering why a feature I appreciated were removed.. Particularly for me the export/import scale which was at 1 by default but could be changed before importing or exporting. I honestly had used it a lot of time. I tried with 3ds max to do it but the number value of a scaling object being in % is not exactly the same as with this old feature and it didnt work anymore when exporting... For example, even if I choosed to scale a dff at 2x bigger than his size and I pressed export to dff, the object remain at its initial size ingame. 

 

Could you add it that back in the next update while keeping the default setting of the object?

Oh sure

19 hours ago, Einheit-101 said:

Can you please... please fix this annoying "unknown property count in undefined" error when importing a .ifp file? Its a really annoying old bug and i can give you an example file that can not be imported because the script is broken somewhere.
It is very likely that the ifps get corrupted when saving / replacing with ifp I/O.


https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ygn8gqx7xdwchw/bug.ifp?dl=0

I have not dealt with scripts related to IFPs yet, I plan to update them in the future, but not earlier

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/24/2019 at 10:38 AM, Dodow said:

Your work is really nice for improving it at better versions from the first ones made by KAMs only.

 

Even though, during this time, I'm wondering why a feature I appreciated were removed.. Particularly for me the export/import scale which was at 1 by default but could be changed before importing or exporting. I honestly had used it a lot of time. I tried with 3ds max to do it but the number value of a scaling object being in % is not exactly the same as with this old feature and it didnt work anymore when exporting... For example, even if I choosed to scale a dff at 2x bigger than his size and I pressed export to dff, the object remain at its initial size ingame. 

What you're talking about is a 3ds Max thing. After changing the scale transforms (where they're not 100, 100, 100), you need to apply a Reset xForm modifier. This keeps the new scale intact on export not just for DFF but other formats as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tut Greco said:

What you're talking about is a 3ds Max thing. After changing the scale transforms (where they're not 100, 100, 100), you need to apply a Reset xForm modifier. This keeps the new scale intact on export not just for DFF but other formats as well.

Oh... Being almost a new user on 3ds and used the old version of kam script since the beginning, its something I didn't thought about, when using the nice one updated by gold_fish. I was sure there could be a setting in 3ds to do it but I didn't know which one.

 

I tried as you say and it does pretty well the job. The only small "problems" about it, is that the 3ds changing value isn't the same, for example, like in MTA SA changing scale (which is at 1.0 by default for each object whereas in 3ds its in %100 in Offset:World value) but its easy to convert so this is not a big problem. The second is that its a little more long than if gold_fish implemented it in kams script like the old one, which would be more reliable because it would be faster to directly set it from kams before importing or exporting, all that, with the same MTA scale value.

 

Otherwise, its also a fine way! Thank you for that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Tut Greco said:

What you're talking about is a 3ds Max thing. After changing the scale transforms (where they're not 100, 100, 100), you need to apply a Reset xForm modifier. This keeps the new scale intact on export not just for DFF but other formats as well.

Exactly my opinion. This is only the reason, why I have not included this feature into my script and not going to do it in the future. However I am about to write a small helper script doing the scaling worck.

At leas the way Kam did the scaling stuff in his script looks strange and complicated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 3 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.