Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Tuners
      2. Updates
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Blood Money
      2. Frontier Pursuits
      3. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      4. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

      1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

[REL] KAM's GTA Scripts (2018) / UPD: 31.05.2020 /


gold_fish
 Share

Recommended Posts

Fiammanera628

Hello,

I am new on GTA San Andreas modding, and I did a car modl only when I install it with GTA Garage mod Manager looks perfect, but when I load the car with car spawner, it crash instantly or, instead, it bloks (don't freeze) itself in the car spawner menu, and don't letting me doing anything that cloase the game.

 

I work with 3ds Max 2019 and the v0.3.7 of gold_fish's script.

 

Can someone help me, please?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Fiammanera628 said:

Hello,

I am new on GTA San Andreas modding, and I did a car modl only when I install it with GTA Garage mod Manager looks perfect, but when I load the car with car spawner, it crash instantly or, instead, it bloks (don't freeze) itself in the car spawner menu, and don't letting me doing anything that cloase the game.

 

I work with 3ds Max 2019 and the v0.3.7 of gold_fish's script.

 

Can someone help me, please?

 


Are you replacing a car or adding a new one? And how did you export it from 3dmax, did you add colision to the car? (specified in the script interface)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fiammanera628

I am replacing the Uranus, and yes, I added collision from uranus.dff

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MARWANE1908

Hi, I am experimenting with making a standalone game from gta sa map, and to convert this map into a game engine I used Kam's Max Scripts but I had these issues in buildings, houses and in many designs on the map. Is there a practical solution to this problem without wasting time? And in the event that there is no quick solution so there is no problem with a solution that takes a lot of time, please help and thank you

Pictures are the problem :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15OB8S2vYGf5gQ-T2jjYrIdjgifRfs_n5/view?usp=sharing

 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b2MWF11-uFQNeVgnLnDXSM_7PPhQE5kx/view?usp=sharing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/29/2021 at 7:22 PM, MARWANE1908 said:

Hi, I am experimenting with making a standalone game from gta sa map, and to convert this map into a game engine I used Kam's Max Scripts but I had these issues in buildings, houses and in many designs on the map. Is there a practical solution to this problem without wasting time? And in the event that there is no quick solution so there is no problem with a solution that takes a lot of time, please help and thank you

Pictures are the problem :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15OB8S2vYGf5gQ-T2jjYrIdjgifRfs_n5/view?usp=sharing

 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b2MWF11-uFQNeVgnLnDXSM_7PPhQE5kx/view?usp=sharing

 

No access

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 7/2/2021 at 2:16 PM, MARWANE1908 said:

 

I think this is not a problem, rather a feature of the GTA SA map, black polygons can be double polygons (this is not a bug) or 3dmax does not correctly display polygon smoothing, this can be fixed by selecting all polygons of the model and generate smoothing groups automatically (auto button)

Edited by gold_fish
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Hi, After Col export is so large, is there a tool to compress the size?

Edited by Meng Fan
typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/4/2021 at 6:44 AM, Meng Fan said:

Hi, After Col export is so large, is there a tool to compress the size?

 

256 per axis? Probably your model is very large, in GTA the limit is 255 units in the dimensions of the model, in this case you need to cut the model

Link to comment
Share on other sites

These tools are simply amazing, it makes working with many objects much faster 🤩 thanks a lot gold_fish

 

I have 3 suggestions/improvements that I think would be very helpful:

 

1) The ability to import IDs from a list written to a .txt file or 3ds max itself.  In this way the user chooses with precision the IDs that he wants to use in his map.

12313231321.PNG

 

2) Add an option to increase or decrease the brightness when copying the color of a vertex.  Currently you can only increase or decrease the contrast of the object, something that is not very useful

(2 models to example).

232323.PNG

 

3) A converter from RW/KAM to standard material (and vice versa) would be very useful since there are many scripts that only work with standard materials.  GIMS Evo has an option like this but it doesn't work that well and installing GIMS just for this function is a hassle.

213232323.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 7/6/2021 at 4:46 AM, Weaita said:

Add an option to increase or decrease the brightness when copying the color of a vertex.  Currently you can only increase or decrease the contrast of the object, something that is not very useful

(2 models to example).

 

Is that what you mean?

74cb426c281cb110.JPG

* sat it's brightness

* value it's contrast

?

Edited by gold_fish
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/5/2021 at 12:06 AM, gold_fish said:

 

256 per axis? Probably your model is very large, in GTA the limit is 255 units in the dimensions of the model, in this case you need to cut the model

Thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/7/2021 at 11:00 AM, gold_fish said:

 

Is that what you mean?

74cb426c281cb110.JPG

* sat it's brightness

* value it's contrast

?

Mmmm Value looks like the brightness for me but yes, a way to make the model more dark

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Hello, is there a tutorial on making collisions using Kam's? 
Thing is, I can generate a .col file of the whole model, but I want to leave some parts out. There are a few small items that don't require collisions but I don't know how to exclude them from the generated .col. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am facing issue when trying to import fat,skinny, normal cj.. the multi clup import seems to be greyed out I cant use it whatsoever pls help

Link to comment
Share on other sites

in latest version when Exporting vehicles with Normals option on it takes 100 years to export can you fix that ? old Kams script works well 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In latest versions, when I exporting vehicles and tested it. Why the car paint looks flat? is there any way to fix it?

 

Edit : nvm, I found a way to fix it the next day.

Edited by KiloRyu
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

--spinner ISc "Import Scale: " fieldwidth:42 range:[0,100,SPscale] align:#right

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can this line of code be added and used?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Could you put an options for the import materials to use the texture name instead of creating GTA_Mtl over and over??? please

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Alien31 said:

Could you put an options for the import materials to use the texture name instead of creating GTA_Mtl over and over??? please

Hi Alien31 I'm curious, why do you need this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/10/2021 at 8:04 AM, Tut98 said:

Hi Alien31 I'm curious, why do you need this?


It's for an external project, i know GTA doesn't use mat names, but most stuff, like Unity, UE4, or Blender do use mats names, same for .FBX exports,
i don't know if there's a way to pick the materials that use a specific textures, and rename them myself, i need it, they can't be GTA_Mtl or Standard over and over, they must use their names...

Also do you have discord?

Edit: i solved my issue, one of my friends did a script for me.

Edited by Alien31
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, F_act said:

in 3ds max

https://imgur.com/a/xQcU5WA

in game

https://imgur.com/a/auDoJ6R

 

how to fix this?

 

It could be one of many things!

  • Vertex illumination for some of the faces are full white, meaning the texture will appear completely white
  • Not all of the light's faces has the correct texture applied or their UV's are not unwrapped correctly
  • Some sort of Z-fighting issue

You can also try exporting with UV-fix, Mesh-fix or breaking all of your UV vertices by adding an Unwrap UVW modifier and going into UV editor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Tut98 said:

You can also try exporting with UV-fix, Mesh-fix or breaking all of your UV vertices by adding an Unwrap UVW modifier and going into UV editor.

 

that's allready apply these fix before exporting, in 3ds max it's fine, when in game the uv look broken 

 

Edited by F_act
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.