Jump to content

[REL] KAM's GTA Scripts (2018) / UPD: 31.05.2020 /


gold_fish

Recommended Posts

i have a problem when i export with 'use vertex alpha' enabled  this happens to the model unknown.png

but if i disable 'use vertex alpha' it works unknown.png

but as you can see it is not as dark[i cant change how bright the object is]

is there a way to get brightness of vertex alpha without it enabled   
or this is just a bug with it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Bane712 said:

@Tut Greco  I still can't export models with reflections, i tried to check every option in the material options but no matter that i do, it just doesn't work

What am i supposed to do?

https://i.imgur.com/KNMZXp4.png

You need to assign an environment map (texture) in the reflection map slot under 'material effects'.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Tut Greco What kind of environmental map are we talking about?

I mean, i have google'd that, but i get different kinds of maps, like specular maps and occlusion maps and i don't really understand it, mind if you tell me what sort of map i am supposed to use in the material and how to create said map?

I think i can make a simple specular map in photoshop (greyscale), but i don't know if that's the map i need or if i'm missing something else.

Also, some models come with a reflection texture, specular or occlusion maps included in the .TXD file, but some others don't have such a thing and still have reflections in-game, how does that work?

I see a lot of options in the materials and they are really confusing, i see "Reflection Export", "Specular Image section" and "SA specular section", should i enable all options or just the first one?

Edited by Bane712
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Bane712 said:

@Tut Greco What kind of environmental map are we talking about?

I mean, i have google'd that, but i get different kinds of maps, like specular maps and occlusion maps and i don't really understand it, mind if you tell me what sort of map i am supposed to use in the material and how to create said map?

I think i can make a simple specular map in photoshop (greyscale), but i don't know if that's the map i need or if i'm missing something else.

Also, some models come with a reflection texture, specular or occlusion maps included in the .TXD file, but some others don't have such a thing and still have reflections in-game, how does that work?

I see a lot of options in the materials and they are really confusing, i see "Reflection Export", "Specular Image section" and "SA specular section", should i enable all options or just the first one?

GTA SA uses diffuse maps, specular maps (not changable by default) and environment maps. Occlusion maps and PBR style maps don't work with GTA SA without 3rd party plugins. Some mods require you to have bump map plugins added to your game files.

The environment map in this tool is refered to as Reflection map. In the material effects area where it says "NONE", select "Reflection map". A bit further down is the map slot where you plug in your environment map.

 

The path for these textures is: \Grand Theft Auto San Andreas\models\generic. From my knowledge you cannot change "xvehicleenv128" to use custom texture. You can however include a custom "vehicleenvmap128" (environment map) texture in your custom .txd as long as the name is different, e.g "myOwnEnv".

 

Only the first image (vehicleenvmap128) can be changed by adding it into your mod TXD (not the one found in generic directory).

dem.png

 

I hope that clears up a bit of confusion.

Edited by Tut Greco
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, mea said:

i have a problem when i export with 'use vertex alpha' enabled  this happens to the model unknown.png

but if i disable 'use vertex alpha' it works unknown.png

but as you can see it is not as dark[i cant change how bright the object is]

is there a way to get brightness of vertex alpha without it enabled   
or this is just a bug with it?

you need to make a prelight

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh by the way I was wondering why Kam's materials are so desaturated in viewport and render. The only way I found to make them appear normal is setting the ambient color from white to black but I know this isn't the ideal solution. Is it possible for you to change this e.g adding a function on import?

Edited by Tut Greco
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mea said:

i already did  here is another picture but with 0 brightness with 'use vertex alpha' enabled 

unknown.png

and if you want a video  here https://streamable.com/tr44uw

You need to export trees with vertex alpha separately, and the landscape without vertex alpha, in addition, in a single game after export with vertex alpha, you must register a special flag for the model in the IDE. How to do this in the MTA and samp I do not know

 

And why do you even need vertex alpha? For this piece of map you don’t need vertex alpha, export without it

Edited by gold_fish
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, gold_fish said:

You need to export trees with vertex alpha separately, and the landscape without vertex alpha, in addition, in a single game after export with vertex alpha, you must register a special flag for the model in the IDE. How to do this in the MTA and samp I do not know

 

And why do you even need vertex alpha? For this piece of map you don’t need vertex alpha, export without it

if i export without it i dont get same brightness

 it isnt as dark even tho its same setting in vertex color

Edited by mea
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Tut Greco So, i just have to grab "vehicleenvmap128" and plug it into the reflection map slot?

Do i change the name of the file or the default name is fine?

 

Edit: I tried doing this, and it helped a bit, the models i export look brighter and they don't look completely dark anymore, however, i still can't see light reflections in-game, like the daylight or the green light from the traffic lights.

Edited by Bane712
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Bane712 said:

@Tut Greco So, i just have to grab "vehicleenvmap128" and plug it into the reflection map slot?

Do i change the name of the file or the default name is fine?

 

Edit: I tried doing this, and it helped a bit, the models i export look brighter and they don't look completely dark anymore, however, i still can't see light reflections in-game, like the daylight or the green light from the traffic lights.

If you have specularity and envmap plugged in, the surrounding lights are more subtle as far as I'm aware - if you had none of them, the model would only be lit up by traffic and street lamps. That'd be why you're not noticing the effect of surrounding lights reflecting onto thr surface that much. I'm speaking a bit out of memory so forgive me if this isn't entirely correct.

 

It's worth noting however, only the last image is used by vehicle surfaces. The first one is actually for chrome parts primarily. Also I think we might have to switch to a new thread

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Tut Greco Well i don't know what the hell i just did but now i can export models with reflections.

I was messing with the GTA Material settings, unchecking and checking each option then export to see if some of them changed something, so i decided to use the option "DK plugin adaptation" instead of the "Material effects" option, i plugged the "vehicleenvmap128" texture in the slot and then exported, everything is working now, models do not look dark anymore and they have all reflections in-game, such as daylight, traffic lights and fire reflections, now i can finally make my own mods, lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bane712 said:

@Tut Greco Well i don't know what the hell i just did but now i can export models with reflections.

I was messing with the GTA Material settings, unchecking and checking each option then export to see if some of them changed something, so i decided to use the option "DK plugin adaptation" instead of the "Material effects" option, i plugged the "vehicleenvmap128" texture in the slot and then exported, everything is working now, models do not look dark anymore and they have all reflections in-game, such as daylight, traffic lights and fire reflections, now i can finally make my own mods, lol

I believe DK plugin adaption section of the material is for bump maps only, but it's possible that the reflection map slot serves same function as the one in Material effects section. Specularity and environment (reflection)maps works natively without the adaption. I'm glad you got it working though. Modding is really just trial and error. :catloaf:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, mea said:

if i export without it i dont get same brightness

 it isnt as dark even tho its same setting in vertex color

In any case, vertex alpha is not intended to change the color of the vertices of the model, it seems you do not quite understand what the vertex alpha is for, I do not recommend using it especially for server models. Just look at the tutorials on how to set up the prelite, and set it as you need the prelite, if you want a dark one, set the prelite value to 0, use the Prelite tools tool to set the prelite value for day and night

 

 

 

2 hours ago, Bane712 said:

@Tut Greco Well i don't know what the hell i just did but now i can export models with reflections.

I was messing with the GTA Material settings, unchecking and checking each option then export to see if some of them changed something, so i decided to use the option "DK plugin adaptation" instead of the "Material effects" option, i plugged the "vehicleenvmap128" texture in the slot and then exported, everything is working now, models do not look dark anymore and they have all reflections in-game, such as daylight, traffic lights and fire reflections, now i can finally make my own mods, lol

As far as I know in GTA there are no reflections in real time, all reflections work using a static image that simulates a reflection, in fact you see a reflection of the same image. Only ENB can allow adding real reflection of map objects to the  vehicle

Edited by gold_fish
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, gold_fish said:

In any case, vertex alpha is not intended to change the color of the vertices of the model, it seems you do not quite understand what the vertex alpha is for, I do not recommend using it especially for server models. Just look at the tutorials on how to set up the prelite, and set it as you need the prelite, if you want a dark one, set the prelite value to 0, use the Prelite tools tool to set the prelite value for day and night

 

 

 

As far as I know in GTA there are no reflections in real time, all reflections work using a static image that simulates a reflection, in fact you see a reflection of the same image. Only ENB can allow adding real reflection of map objects to the  vehicle

What exactly does ENB mean and how to use it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Bane712 said:

What exactly does ENB mean and how to use it?

A graphics mod. It works out of the box, but you can use those reconfigs/presets.

There is also another graphics mod that achieves the same goal, RenderHook

Link to comment
Share on other sites

reckless_jamaican

I'm having an issue, whenever I export a skin, even if it's just a simple re-texture (I'm pretty sure I know how to re-texture a skin) to one arm, when I load the skin IG, I get an error. 

 

Error MSG:

warning: model X wouldn't load in time!. 

 

P.S: X represents the ID of the skin.

 

I'm using, 3ds max 2021, when i'm exporting, skip col is selected and I use "Bones/Skin export". Also I use windows 10 pro 64 bit, if that is important.

 

If someone knows how to fix this, please message me here or DM me on discord: KyngHuncho#1719

Edited by reckless_jamaican
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@gold_fish The dff is not exported when I apply welding to a skin, a gun or some part of cars. This did work with the old kam's

Yes, it is exported, but the welding is not. In the game it appears without welding

Link to comment
Share on other sites

any plans on adding .txd support as well? we're exporting .pngs and adding filepath to them to get the textures to load. I'm a beginner in modelling so I don't know if there's a shortcut of doing that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, turret001 said:

any plans on adding .txd support as well? we're exporting .pngs and adding filepath to them to get the textures to load. I'm a beginner in modelling so I don't know if there's a shortcut of doing that

Unfortunately this is not possible, sorry

 

 

On 6/27/2020 at 11:50 PM, Cap'n_Cook said:

@gold_fish The dff is not exported when I apply welding to a skin, a gun or some part of cars. This did work with the old kam's

Yes, it is exported, but the welding is not. In the game it appears without welding

What kind of welding are You talking about?

Edited by gold_fish
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When importing IDE and IPL this pops up in the Max Listener:

78A0Ekb.png

 

No objects are loaded, and DFF are not imported, these are my settings:

 

hxxi4VW.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

reckless_jamaican
On 6/26/2020 at 1:04 AM, reckless_jamaican said:

I'm having an issue, whenever I export a skin, even if it's just a simple re-texture (I'm pretty sure I know how to re-texture a skin) to one arm, when I load the skin IG, I get an error. 

 

Error MSG:

warning: model X wouldn't load in time!. 

 

P.S: X represents the ID of the skin.

 

I'm using, 3ds max 2021, when i'm exporting, skip col is selected and I use "Bones/Skin export". Also I use windows 10 pro 64 bit, if that is important.

 

If someone knows how to fix this, please message me here or DM me on discord: KyngHuncho#1719

Just an update, I don't think you guys should use this Kam's on 3ds max 2021 for Skin modeling. I tested it and it continuously crashes my game. Also it says that It is for 2020 but I have also tested it on 2020 and it still crashes my game after exporting the modified skin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, reckless_jamaican said:

Just an update, I don't think you guys should use this Kam's on 3ds max 2021 for Skin modeling. I tested it and it continuously crashes my game. Also it says that It is for 2020 but I have also tested it on 2020 and it still crashes my game after exporting the modified skin.

Please create a new thread in https://gtaforums.com/forum/332-gta-iii-vc-sa/ and post screenshots of your scene, the model, the hierarchy and export settings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/28/2020 at 7:36 PM, turret001 said:

any plans on adding .txd support as well? we're exporting .pngs and adding filepath to them to get the textures to load. I'm a beginner in modelling so I don't know if there's a shortcut of doing that

What exactly you mean by .txd support? Reading uncompressed textures from txd is really dificult and for compressed ones imposible. SDK could be a solution.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://streamable.com/ql34fw  goldfish  my problem is not with vertex alpha  all i mean is vertex color doesnt export with the model even with prelite tools   here is the video of proof from applying vertex color to testing ingame 


[edit]   i have found a way to make vertex colors work with my models   if i used RWIO by the hero and disabled lightning flag then the vertex colors will work

Edited by mea
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, is it possible that you can prevent the MAP IO from creating selection sets when importing IPL files? It creates them for individual objects rather commonly which isn't all that feasible for working with scenes. 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2020 at 2:20 AM, Cap'n_Cook said:

@gold_fish The dff is not exported when I apply welding to a skin, a gun or some part of cars. This did work with the old kam's

Yes, it is exported, but the welding is not. In the game it appears without welding

but old welding are working

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/3/2020 at 1:54 PM, cj2000 said:

What exactly you mean by .txd support? Reading uncompressed textures from txd is really dificult and for compressed ones imposible. SDK could be a solution.

something like, whenever you load a model, 3ds finds its .txd, exports all pngs and uses them. however, I already exported every .png from every .txd ever so it's not a problem for me anymore!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 3 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.