3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

RoSA Project Reborn

.M.S

img file is not showing the mod in modloader, you sure its loading? Can see RoSA Reborn preview but not RoSA reborn. 

Could you please share a normal archive as well?

Edited by KyleSforza
  • 2 weeks later...

What's the difference between RoSa Reborn, and this one?: https://uk.libertycity.net/files/gta-san-andreas/108416-rosa-project-full-mipmap.html RoSa Reborn is like 4gb, and this one in the link is 6gb when unpacked.

RoSa Reborn released in 2018, the one in the link got released in 2017, but is lot bigger in file size.

Edited by gporium
  • 1 month later...
Officer Perez

Hi, I've seen the project progress and it looks pretty wood but I have a question, how much time is left until the project is 100% finished?

DeeGurTeh
On 12/22/2019 at 9:29 AM, JoaoPSantos said:

New version, guys:
FfzgVUB.jpg

Can u give a link bro?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
xXKenBlockXx

Thanks for the update, really appreciate it. Found some bugs though:

Pretty obvious. Not sure if known by now or not, but I thought I'd report anyway.

Barbed wire on the top of this fence, whatever this texture is:

OewEOPm.png

Gant Bridge:

jl3OJkr.png

2wZaAD7.png

Railroad bridge to SF:

MrHgOha.jpg

Edited by xXKenBlockXx
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2019 at 11:23 AM, DeeGurTeh said:

Can u give a link bro?

I like the current one (the last one) she looks like the original one but HD GG

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Inverno Nuclear

RoSA Project Reborn + Upscale
qfNMhUi.jpg

I mixed my ''AI Enhanced Textures for GTA San Andreas '' with this mod, now all 13.972 textures that ''RoSA Project Reborn'' don't exchange are replaced with my AI Upscale textures.
All bugs reported here and in MixMods comments section are fixed.
The mod went from 2GB to 5GB (compressed).

Download

Edited by Inverno Nuclear
  • Like 2
The____Mostwanted
17 hours ago, Inverno Nuclear said:

RoSA Project Reborn + Upscale
qfNMhUi.jpg

I mixed my ''AI Enhanced Textures for GTA San Andreas '' with this mod, now all 13.972 textures that ''RoSA Project Reborn'' don't exchange are replaced with my AI Upscale textures.
All bugs reported here and in MixMods comments section are fixed.
The mod went from 2GB to 5GB (compressed).

Download

Link is not working or shall we wait for the upload ? 

sociopart1

It's a real shame that "new authors" which actually did NOTHING don't allow to share this awesome work. All they did is grab the original RoSA from its original authors [dima001rus, MaKs_IV], changed a few files and call that "Reborn".
My opinion: if you stopped working on the mod, don't act like this. Inverno Nuclear did a good mod enhancement, but his mod is got deleted because of wrong name. This is a worst reason to delete a mod. Problem can be easily solved by a simple line in README, which should contain all authors involved in this project. 
Useless "copyright wars" like this will stop the modding. That's all.

P.S. Mod is finally deleted. So, how about to release RoSA Reborn without any IMG containers? I know about "loading speeds", but it may be useful if someone wants to merge this with another mod [on user's machine, ofc] without checking all 16K+ files inside gta3.img. And also, IMG release like this, due to "new authors" logic, should be removed, cause it's a modpack 😛.

Edited by sociopart1
  • Like 1
Junior_Djjr

Wait, which author banned this?

I'm one of the authors, and I'm ok. I asked MS, who is the main Reborn's version author, and he also is ok with this.

This is absurd, the RoSA Project is not created by us, we have no rights about this mod license, in fact we are editing this mod too.

8 hours ago, sociopart1 said:

It's a real shame that "new authors" which actually did NOTHING

The mod size increased from 3,8 GB to 5,3 GB. I think 40% isn't "nothing".

8 hours ago, sociopart1 said:

P.S. Mod is finally deleted. So, how about to release RoSA Reborn without any IMG containers? I know about "loading speeds", but it may be useful if someone wants to merge this with another mod [on user's machine

Just use IMG Manager.

Edited by Junior_Djjr
  • Like 1
sociopart1
4 hours ago, Junior_Djjr said:

I'm one of the authors, and I'm ok. I asked MS, who is the main Reborn's version author, and he also is ok with this.

Okie dokie. I thought [according to discussion on MixMods] that authors don't allow him to share his pack, but it's not true. (????) Got it. Now I don't know why Inverno Nuclear deleted this.

The mod size increased from 3,8 GB to 5,3 GB. I think 40% isn't "nothing".

That 40%, according to MixMods [again], appeared because " all already edited textures and puts in all .txds files that use the same texture". So, it's not something new, and the mod, I guess, is still don't finished.

Just use IMG Manager.

How I can differ edited textures from unedited? There is 16K+ files!
IMG Manager allow to edit this archive, yeah, but it outputs corrupted archive if it's larger than ~6-7GB.
If it's possible, can you upload, at least, a list of changed files or smth like this? This will be useful.

Edited by sociopart1
  • Like 1
Junior_Djjr
11 minutes ago, sociopart1 said:

That 40%, according to MixMods [again], appeared because " all already edited textures and puts in all .txds files that use the same texture". So, it's not something new, and the mod, i guess, is still don't finished

40% more textures changed is something new, isn't it? And you're talking like we haven't created new textures.
There is no reason for you to belittle our work, no one here is saying that RoSA Project Reborn has changed the world, it is just an attempt to continue a mod that we like, and it has been very stopped lately. We only work on the mod when we have some time.

Okie dokie. I thought [according to discussion on MixMods] that authors don't allow him to share his pack, but it's not true. Got it.

It's confusing, the author posted there and said this:

And I want to make it clear that I HAVE NOT GIVEN PERMISSION to reupload or reposts those files.

Now he came here and said that we have not given permission to share this mod. ???

The only person who restricted any sharing was himself.

How I can differ edited textures from unedited? There is 16K+ files!

Simply the files at the end of the list, you have a list of all .txds there.

btw now the mod changes almost all txd map/object files (because of name textures changed). There's not much to do, there is a lot of .txd files with just one texture edited for example.

Edited by Junior_Djjr
sociopart1

It's a good thing that mod is still don't discontinued. 
However, it's a "very fun" situation. I have nothing to say about this.
Thanks for help in figuring out what's going on there. 

Edited by sociopart1
Junior_Djjr

It's a good thing that mod is still don't discontinued

Eduardo is trying to solving the problem that occurred after (really) replacing all the same textures. The .img file got too big (we are going to separate into more imgs) and some txds is not edited (Santa Maria Beach).

I don't think it's been talked about here before, but it was decided that the roof texture will have lower resolution (half?). This has reduced a huge amount of the mod's size, not only download, but for playtime, as the roof texture is not as important while you're playing, and it took a HUGE memory usage and loading. (that roof texture is from original RoSA btw, omg downgrade!!!)

So I don't recommend downloading the current version, wait for the new one.

Edited by Junior_Djjr
sociopart1
20 minutes ago, Junior_Djjr said:

Eduardo is trying to solving the problem that occurred after (really) replacing all the same textures. The .img file got too big (we are going to separate into more imgs) and some txds is not edited (Santa Maria Beach).

I don't think it's been talked about here before, but it was decided that the roof texture will have lower resolution (half?). This has reduced a huge amount of the mod's size, not only download, but for playtime, as the roof texture is not as important while you're playing, and it took a HUGE memory usage and loading.

So I don't recommend downloading the current version, wait for the new one.

I have an idea how to deal with that IMG problem, but, currently it's not possible. We can "hard-code" our IMG archives [files divided for ~1GB for better work] via hooking CStreaming::InitImageList, make an ASI and see what happens. 
Here's some cool bug - if you load, for example, old RoSA / SAUR using external archive [not from GTA3.IMG], some textures don't load. For example, some houses near Santa Maria beach will show a white texture. This bug isn't happening using a modloader, so, maybe it fixes streaming... IDK. 
That's why i'm thinking about hooking instead of defining files in GTA.DAT. Maybe it will fix this bug ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But it can "improperly" fixed by figuring out, which file(s) isn't load, and put them directly to gta3.img.
Loading? If the game will get DirectX11, it will decrease loading time. But, currently DirectX11 for SA is available in RenderHook.

Edited by sociopart1
Inverno Nuclear

Initially I called the file ''RoSa Reborn 1.3'' just to difference this from the version of MixMods, so the mod author said to me:
''You are releasing it with the official title, but all you did was mount a modpack''
Modpack? I fixed all bugs caused by you guys, I inserted almost 20.000 textures upscaleted by me during hours and hours (my pc even freezed).
The only wrong thing I did was includ some mods made by your forum members, initially I didn't think this would be a problem, since most of those people are part of your modding crew, and have accounts on your forum.
All you needed to ask was for me to remove those files, so I would, but instead, all I recivied was attacks. 
Maybe I get it wrong, since my language is spanish and I still learning portuguese (I'm venezuelan, live in brazil since 2017), but from what I get, I saw that messages as attacks.
You din't asked me to remove the mod, but you didn't like what I did, won't approved what I did and demoted my work like it was nothing. So I removed it.
I expressed myself wrong in the reply to ''The____Mostwanted'', it's not ''allow me to share my work'' it's ''don't like me to share my work''.
Even acused me to be other person. just check my ip (don't dare post my personal info here), I never registred in your forum before, I just read the posts since 2018. You and your forum members are just crazy.
As you said, all I did was a modpack, it's worth nothing, so why cry about it? you and your forum members caused the removal in the first place.
And to clarify, what I said on your forum, Is that I don't allow reupload of my work on your site, I don't want anything made by me publishied on mixmods. If you post any mod made by me in your site, it will be against my will.
I have followed your discussions since 2018, and know that you like to be the superior, better than anyone, the one that is always right.
You will reply my comment trying to force people against me, distorcing things that I said. Well, do it then, I don't care. 
I won't will lose any more second talking with you.

Junior_Djjr

34 minutes ago, Inverno Nuclear said:

Modpack?

I only said this because, in fact, it was a pack, with 13 other mods:

zNQpgK7.jpg

Fórum MixMods does not have a real rule about mod packs, as long as you do some other job above this and keep all the credits and links (you probably keep the credits on the download so there is no problem for the forum rules). I just don't think the RoSA Project Reborn should be released including a pack of other mods, it should be just the textures. Or share this pack without relation to RoSA.

My suggestion is that you only share the RoSA Project with the texture upscales, so it could be an alternative separate download. But I suggest that you wait for the new version of the RoSA Project Reborn before it, it is already fixed and more complete.

BTW mod packs are prohibited in the GTA Forums. So, you can't actually post here not because of our opinion, but by the rules of the GTA Forums. And this has nothing to do with your help on the RoSA Project textures and the AI upscaled textures, it only has to do with the mod pack included in the download.

Vm9jw6ogcG9kZSB0ZW50YXIgZW5nYW5hciBvdXRyYXMgcGVzc29hcywgbWFzIGV1IHRlIGNvbmhlw6dvIGjDoSBhbm9zLCBBbmEu

• Bruh 1
Inverno Nuclear

I included those because they are HD remakes of the originals, and and I didn't think it was a problem, because most of the authors is part of your forum and most of the oficial mod topics belongs to your forum (When I searched the original source on google, most of time it was your forum).
Also, those files was placed in a folder called ''aditions'' with .txt credits. So it was not mixed in the core files.
I didn't like the way I was treated in your forum, all you needeed to ask was to me remove those 13 mods and reupload, but you and your goons atacked me.

Again, it can be a misunderstood since I still learning portuguese, but from what I could see, you and your forum members treated me in a very harsh manner and you didn't clarify that was not the case in your reply.
I not interessed in colaborate with your work anymore. And I not give permission to use my textures on your mod.
Anyone that wish mix my mod and RoSa, can do that, but for personal use only. I'ts a automated thing, all it's needed to make is extract the .txd in folder, go to rosa, serch ''.png'', separate as size, then delete all .png bellow 150kb, then move those folder to my extracted mod, replace and rebuild the .txd

When you said ''this is just a modpack you shouldn't use RoSa name in this''
You are disdaining the many hours I spent upscaling the textures and fixing the bugs caused by your crew.
It's so hard to be nicer and just ask ''can you remove those 13 mods and remove the rosa name from the file, please?''

After I deleted my google drive files and stated that I don't want my mods in your website anymore, one of your forum members even said ''we should just reupload and repost his mod here hehe''.

I also want to say sorry to that 13 authors, I should have asked permission from them. But in other hand Junior, you also should ask permission before post mods in your site. What is the difference from what I did and what you do with your website? you post mods from other people without permission, all you do is give credits, but that I did too..

1 hour ago, Junior_Djjr said:

BTW mod packs are prohibited in the GTA Forums

So Sa_DirectX is a modpack, because comes with mods from other authors too, and it have a official topic here.
Even comes with the game crack (in the ''+ Optimiser'' folder and with a second crack renamed to enb.exe )

EduardoDev
24 minutes ago, Inverno Nuclear said:

When you said ''this is just a modpack you shouldn't use RoSa name in this''
You are disdaining the many hours I spent upscaling the textures and fixing the bugs caused by your crew.

There would be no problem if you had uploaded RoSa archives together with your upscaled textures, in fact it would be great, but as you uploaded those together with 10+ other mods, it is definitely a modpack, and therefore, it probably shouldn't be releades with RoSa associated in the modpack title. No one is "disdaining" your job with the textures.

The bugs "we" caused were a symptom of the extraction of the textures from all the txd's, cause I had to check and compare each one to see what's from RoSa and what's og stuff. As there are tons of textures, some weird ones got in the wrong places, as different textures used the same name in RoSa, but not in the original files. As you can probably see, there was a lot of room to make error there, as a good part of the job was batch stuff. But yet, I fixed most of the stuff, and checked every texture again. I had the fixed build for about 2 months, but there's some kind of limit in img's. Putting hundreds of "heavy" txd's for modloader to load really affects performance, and makes the game unplayable for most people, including me, so we had to figure another way to do it and also make some optimizations. As I am a student and have a full time school, I don't have much time, but I am making my way there.

Inverno Nuclear

Instead of just ask nicely to me to do those changes, all I received was attacks and harsh replies.
And as I said, those mods were in a separate folder, called ''additions'', all I had to do was just delet this folder and reupload the files, I also could remove the RoSa name from it since junior don't want my mixture to be related with RoSa.
But after all thath sh*tshow, I don't want my work envolved with RoSa anymore.

24 minutes ago, EduardoDev said:

No one is "disdaining" your job with the textures.

Yes they are, Junior don't deny that in his reply, just go see junior's forum, I shared my mixture there too.

There is already 16 messages about this. It's useless, I won't will upload the files (in fact I already finished the game and deleted them), and as I said, I don't allow reuploads of my work and don't give permission to you guys use my textures in RoSa, if you guys want, do upscale by yourselfs.

but there's some kind of limit in img's

You can use this img limit adjuster https://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=19468  I used in my mod and separated gta3.img in 4 different .img files, bellow 2GB.

All you need to do is add the .img names in gta.dat

Putting hundreds of "heavy" txd's for modloader to load really affects performance

Probably related to hardware power, I used this Upscale + Rosa mixture in modloader without any problem, even finished the game.

As I said, I really sorry to have include other 13 mod (even it was in a separated and optional folder with credits). The file is deleted now, its all resolved.
No need to extend this more than it is now.

And since I breaked the gtaforums rules, I have no problem in be banned if it is the moderators wish.

EduardoDev
25 minutes ago, Inverno Nuclear said:

if you guys want, do upscale by yourselfs.

Yeah, we have done it sometimes, M.S. does it quite often, mainly for VRTP, but whenever we can remake the texture, we will prefer to in most cases.

You can use this img limit adjuster https://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=19468  I used in my mod and separated gta3.img in 4 different .img files, bellow 2GB.

All you need to do is add the .img names in gta.dat

That can (and probably will) be useful, thanks.

Probably related to hardware power, I used this Upscale + Rosa mixture in modloader without any problem, even finished the game.

It is mostly related to memory usage, and only happens when the txd's are not in img's. This shouldn't be a problem to whoever has a lot of RAM and a fast SSD, but I can't release a mod that will disable a good portion of users to use RoSa, as they could before (even tho my current build uploaded to public is quite buggy, it still runs).

Edited by EduardoDev
Missed an impostant info about performance.
Junior_Djjr
37 minutes ago, EduardoDev said:

No one is "disdaining" your job with the textures.

28 minutes ago, Inverno Nuclear said:

Yes they are, Junior don't deny that in his reply

?

2 hours ago, Junior_Djjr said:

Fórum MixMods does not have a real rule about mod packs, as long as you do some other job above this and keep all the credits and links (you probably keep the credits on the download so there is no problem for the forum rules). I just don't think the RoSA Project Reborn should be released including a pack of other mods, it should be just the textures. Or share this pack without relation to RoSA.

My suggestion is that you only share the RoSA Project with the texture upscales, so it could be an alternative separate download.

Seriously, I just asked to change the name of the mod to make no relation to original RoSA (because you posted the mod with the name "RoSA Project Reborn 1.3") or remove the other 13 mods from the pack if you want to make it related to RoSA.

This is just a request to respect the authors, I never spoke a word about your work.

Edited by Junior_Djjr
Inverno Nuclear
28 minutes ago, Junior_Djjr said:

I just asked to change the name of the mod to make no relation to original RoSA or remove the other 13 mods

No, you said ''you are releasing it with the official name, all you did was just take Rosa and mounted a modpack with it''.

You disdaining the many hours I spent upscaling the textures and fixing the bugs caused by your crew.

You was extremely harsh and your forum members had this stance as well. Even accused me of being another person.

No matter what you guys say, I won't will reupload the files (in fact I can't, it's all deleted), and still don't allow reposts of my mods on mixmods.

And in fact doesn't make sense mixture upscales + hd textures, upscale are great, but a proper hd remake is much better.
You guys should reach this guy and ask him for his files, as I said RoSa still needs to do 13 thousend textures, any help would count.

28 minutes ago, Junior_Djjr said:

because you posted the mod with the name "RoSA Project Reborn 1.3"

After these message I changed the name to ''Rosa + Upscale'' but your forum members still attacked me.

I was going to upload without third party mods (would take time, it was almost 6GB after all) , but after read those messages I given up and just deleted the file in its entirety.

As you and your forum crew implied, what I did is means nothing,it's just a modpack, don't worth anything.
So why do you guys keep crying about it? it's deleted already, I can't do anything more.
And again, I really sorry for all this mess.

And thanks for help me practicing my english 😏

Junior_Djjr
2 minutes ago, Inverno Nuclear said:

You disdaining the many hours I spent upscaling the textures and fixing the bugs caused by your crew.

But I didn't mention your other upscale mod, I'm saying about the RoSA Project pack, your upscale mod is really a good work that incredibly you were the first person to do it for GTA SA.

I meant that you took your other mod and put it on RoSA together with 13 others and released the mod with a name as if it were official.
The 6 fixes that you did in fact I didn't consider, I barely paid attention to the publication, but I also don't think that it took "many hours" since some of these is about taking the .txd file from the old version (because in this new version it wasn't edited). What actually cost you many hours was your upscale mod which is very good, I haven't tested it but from the images you showed it looked great to use while RoSA is not ready yet, which is why I told you that you could release it together with RoSA, just them, without the pack.

In short, the only thing that I didn't consider was the 6 fixes you made... You are taking this very seriously.

I liked your work with the upscale mod, but what if I didn't? This is just an opinion of a random person...

Inverno Nuclear
21 minutes ago, Junior_Djjr said:

I didn't consider was the 6 fixes you made

I spent more than 3 hours fixing every problem I saw while walking trough the map. For sure wasn't only 6 fixes, was more, I just don't bother in list them all.

21 minutes ago, Junior_Djjr said:

I meant that you took your other mod and put it on RoSA together with 13 others and released the mod with a name as if it were official.

Instead of attack me, you should have just asked me to remove those mods and the RoSa from the file name. So nothing of that would've happened.

And as I said, I didn't wanted to steal RoSa to myself and act like his author. I just couldn't think of another name and since there is 2 versions of the mod, I just called it V3.

I changed the name to ''RoSa + Upscale'' and was reuploading the file without other mods but your forum crew kept attacking me so I deleted it.

You and your forum crew harshly attacked me when there's no need to that. I wouldn't have this reaction for nothing.

If you wish, you can publish my ''AI Enhanced Textures for GTA San Andreas'' in your site, just keep the original download link. Can also create a .bat that mix my mod with RoSa so the people can decide to it or not, but can't post both of them in a pack together.

• Like 1