Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,214 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

wizooord

Prejudice - How do you judge other players?

Voodoo-Hendrix

This is the ideal GTA Online character. You may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like.

mqdefault.jpg

Blasterman4EVER

I am prejudiced against players with "xX--------Xx" wrapped around their names.

I am also prejudiced against players with names like these:

IIIIII|||II||I||I|I|I|I|I|II|
x|||||||II||||X
||||llll||||||

It's ironic because the people with those names are as boring and useless as the barcodes they think they're cute for having as their names. They're trying to be clever, but they end up being just like the barcode analogy --- a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy with no personality.

Also prejudiced against anyone who has a terrible organization name, such as:

"An Organization"
"."

And anyone who has a crew emblem that makes it so you can't see what level they are.

I'll add more later.

X Mr Meaner X

My name has had the X's for well over 10 years now, simply because i'm too cheap to change my gamertag. I do seem to come across a few sessions where i get vote kicked straight-away. Little do they know how useless I am haha

Blasterman4EVER

My name has had the X's for well over 10 years now, simply because i'm too cheap to change my gamertag. I do seem to come across a few sessions where i get vote kicked straight-away. Little do they know how useless I am haha

A minor, insignificant offense, sir.

It's just seeing it ALL THE TIME that gets trying.

And it makes it hard as hell to find friends on your list.

The-Ghost
Posted (edited)

If someone arrives to the session and it looks like this:

mqdefault.jpg

Most of the time, they're up to no good.

Other warning signs:

- Gaudy, ill fitted and obnoxious vehicular customization taste (bright colors, chrome, dollar sign rims)

- Usernames with xX-Xx, codebars (IlIlIlIl), MLG and 420 references, the word "GTA"

- Alarming tendency to engage you in "PvP" and exploiting every single glitch, bug and exploit available to gain an unfair advantage.

- Suspiciously high player level and/or K/D ratio.

- Always goes after your cargo, no exceptions.

- Use of jargon like "1v1 at the beach", "no re" and "lzzzzzz"

Stay away at all costs.

IxBODIEDxxU00LZZZ joins the lobby

IxBODIEDxxU_LZZZ has registered as a CEO (pink because usually, they're the first people to register as CEOs in that lobby so they take that color or orange ..)

Take the L has activated Ghost Organisation.

IxBODIEDxxU_LZZZ has taken the easy way out

IxBODIEDxxU_LZZZ has been hit with an orbital strike.

IxBODIEDxxU_LZZZ left.

Edited by The-Ghost

X Mr Meaner X

Have been hit with a few bounties from stealing cars. Normally I just find someone to claim it ( I dont want the grief during crate runs). If someone takes the bounty and goes, I see them as no threat. The ones that continue to come after me tell me its time to find another session for selling crates. K/D means nothing to me compared to frustrations buying and selling product

Goku Black

Often times a higher level means nothing in GTA. I've had some of my best CEO associates be random low levels. Generally, though, a higher level is indicative of more experience. However I've seen level 500s play like noobs. I'm a level~ 310 myself, there are certain things I still struggle with like handling griefers and some tryhards.

I play on console though so things are different, some of you all probably have it ten times worse.

Often times

The-Ghost

Often times a higher level means nothing in GTA. I've had some of my best CEO associates be random low levels. Generally, though, a higher level is indicative of more experience. However I've seen level 500s play like noobs. I'm a level~ 310 myself, there are certain things I still struggle with like handling griefers and some tryhards.

I play on console though so things are different, some of you all probably have it ten times worse.

Often times

I'm very close to 1000, so basically, every time some punk sees something that's not right in the lobby that I am in, I get blamed for it because most of the time I'm the highest level in the said lobby.

I agree though, I remember playing a heist with randoms and the best one of them was a rank 28, the other two were higher than 100 and they both died.

Liyah Jade

I'm gonna automatically assume anyone that comes too close to me is a threat.

Gridl0k

There's one three-letter-acronym in your GT or Crew, representing a country, that will get you griefed into changing sessions, without fail. Because I'm a big racist.

willystylez

I'm gonna automatically assume anyone that comes too close to me is a threat.

That's the freemode rule. Kill or die.

FukNRekd
Posted (edited)

I'll take your bounties and leave you alone. Sometimes I'll gift you the money. :)

Also, I'm level 220 and I absolutely SUCK at pvp.

Got beat 12 to 2 by a level 170 the other day. Made me want to git gud but it's tough to aim on a console.

Edited by FukNRekd

TheFroggmann

I am prejudiced against:

Level 2000-8000

Bigness Masks

Headscarfs

White hair

Barcodes

xXSniper_Ninja_KillaXx type names

GTAOnline_(insert adjective here) type names

EWO players

Anyone in a Deluxo, Broomstick, or tank

Rolly Pollys

Wigglesnipers

Goku Black

Often times

I'm very close to 1000, so basically, every time some punk sees something that's not right in the lobby that I am in, I get blamed for it because most of the time I'm the highest level in the said lobby.

I agree though, I remember playing a heist with randoms and the best one of them was a rank 28, the other two were higher than 100 and they both died.

That stuff makes zero sense lol, you'd think a higher level would have more experience.

Xxx... type names and the barcodes tend to be griefers or tryhards with a high mental state. You know the player is up to no good if they are red and passive.

I also watch for jet players, they are a threat. I don't have a jet to fend them off with but my Savage can make quick work of inexperienced pilots.

There are also certain cues that I pay attention to, like the kill feed, etc.

Sentinel Driver

Joker cosplayers are retarded griefers

Tryhards, well their outfits and names are usually a dead giveaway

Low levels I assume to be noobs, especially if they're hosting regular heists

High ranks with a kd around 2-3 are usually experienced and can handle themselves in pvp

rank 8000 kd 8842893 well do I even need to say anything

Dragon_Of_Tragedy

You can't judge other people on here. That got me banned for two weeks. Check my Twitter.

les999

Also prejudiced against anyone who has a terrible organization name, such as:

"An Organization"

That's not their actual organisation name, it's what the game displays when the name is in another character set that your language settings can't handle, e.g. it might be Chinese.

The Other Dude

Bright red Lazer/Hydra/Oppressor/Deluxo blip? That's a paddlin'

Typical tryhard outfit of bulletproof helmet, rebreather and invisible body parts? That's a paddlin'

Being obnoxious on the mic? Ooh you better believe that's a paddlin'

PwnageSoldier

Gotta update/renew the list because why not.

F*ck anyone in a Deluxo, Oppressor, Akula, Hydra, Lazer, or some weaponized vehicle (yes, I realize this includes me).

Anyone with some retarded tryhard name (ex. xX_PogoGTA69_Xx) gets a spanking (sometimes, if these players EWO too much, then I'll be more inclined to orbital strike them)

If you look like a tryhard, your gonna get a good spanking if you come near me unless your on my friend list.

Lucius M. Galloway

I started auto invite for a survival today and I look at my screen to see a level 500 join. I was about to hit start until I looked at the character and saw a guy with invisible arms, a bulletproof helmet, joker face paint, and the try hard garments. I clicked on his name and clicked kick. These guys do nothing but spam explosives and rage quit when they die, once.

My thing is, just dress to reflect your play style. If you dress in a top hat, suit and tie and dress shoes, you're semi competent or just a playful person. If you're dressing like Sam Fisher, I can tell you're serious business, or you're a fake, either way, the mettle with be tested by round 7.

All of my outfits are consisted of jewelry, designer wear, a suit, and two battle gear sets. I wear the battle clothes when everybody has died, or wants to f*ck with me, to reveal my true colors so to speak. I dress like a rapper but I play like a soldier, and that's why I'm the last man standing and some people take notes by copying my play style, and some just do what killed them in the first place.

Clothes is a big factor for me. The outfit tells me everything I need to know really. Then there's weapons. I know my spray and prayers from my semi automatic/burst fire smart guys.

I've already explained this sh*t in back story on play style so you know...

Peace.

slowburn29

I'm learning to judge players on their merit and usefullness in situations. Their proclivity to death is also a factor. Unfortunately these are 20/20 judgements

You also can't trust a man that wears tight bright pants

VDTor

I had a fight one time with a wannabee tryhard and he kept taking EWO. It was funny when I looked in the info screen and realized how many times he EWO'd to try to kill me but ended up leaving with no kills but killed by me 5 times.

0wn996

Just two things really, spawnkilling and taking the easy way out.

Besides that, everything goes if you ask me.

Ow and what i also hate is people begging for money and people that get upset when they (or their organisation) get killed.

After all, rockstar gave us stealth helicopters, tanks and rocket spamming bikes, so why shouldn't people use them.