2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

wizooord

Prejudice - How do you judge other players?

FloofehMoofin
Posted (edited)

Everything that was mentioned above. But mostly I judge outfits

- glitched outfits with clipping

You need to explain that to me :s clipping issues Edited by FloofehMoofin

xARMEDx

Tryhards are literal demon manifestations..literal.

7432ef9720d5b85a8028f55cce40cc47.jpg

Nah nah. Just 11 years old with autism where elders gave up

LOL they act like little monsters. Killing, cheating and blowing up anything, so demons is still my go to word for the bastards.

Sleepwalking

I actually used my default outfit very long time, because clothes were so expensive lol, I am glad I choose a good one. I didn't know people seeing default outfits and thinking "this is a cheater."

FloofehMoofin

Tryhards are literal demon manifestations..literal.

Nah nah. Just 11 years old with autism where elders gave up

LOL they act like little monsters. Killing, cheating and blowing up anything, so demons is still my go to word for the bastards.

See :D like little angry kids when you steal a loli from them :p

septimoose

This thread has interested me in how appearance causes bias within GTA.

I'm going to change my character's look to the most trash tryhard look you can get and see how other players treat me...

MadTitanThanos

I assume everyone online is incompetent, out to get me, and a complete f'ing moron with a 3rd grade education. This serves me well.

FloofehMoofin

I assume everyone online is incompetent, out to get me, and a complete f'ing moron with a 3rd grade education. This serves me well.

Wow calm down thanos... il give you the infinity stones.

MadTitanThanos

Wow calm down thanos... il give you the infinity stones.

I already got two of them junx. :lol::lol:

Mexicola9302

People wearing Bigness halfmasks are usually idiots too.

Piro

You need to explain that to me :s clipping issues

Glitched/Broken outfits that clip tru each other and look terrible, something that clearly doesn't work together

hqdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Kiethblacklion

negative-c015-512.png

Prejudice is an ugly thing and although sometimes your gut hits spot on, in most cases it doesn't justify itself, yet we keep judging other players by certain parameters.

Before i go on, let me just say that there are exceptions to every rule and nothing is absolute, always give that fact the proper attention and try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Please don't take anything personally, please avoid racism and please don't judge people here on how the judge people in game.

I'll start:

1. Players with long numbers in their names -

for example;

99120482905822zz

Ch6666666666

A4444444444

1234b1234c

I always assume there's something wrong with them, almost as if they're not real players but some hired trolls brought in to ruin the game or mess with accounts, be generally malicious or "groom" accounts to be sold at a later time, or something. I never trust those guys and try to avoid playing with them.

2. Players above rank 100 (supposedly not noobs anymore) who don't set their contact missions on hard difficulty when they're hosting -

I don't trust those either, i mean why wouldn't you? what's wrong with you? don't you want more money? are you here just to troll and kill other players with your vigilante and blow their cars at spawn?

3. Players with more race wins than losses -

Even though I'm currently one of those and I don't cheat or play dirty, most of the time I assume there's something fishy about them, likely to ram and block or split the session if they're losing or even cheat.

4. Low ranks (1-30~ish) who have expensive stuff and seem confident about their gameplay

I mostly assume they are cheaters or malicious trolls.

5. Players with obnoxious looking characters and vehicles (pink hair, red eyes, lightning shaped chest hair wearing only underwear and chrome vehicles with bright rims for example) -

I mostly assume they're not nice people, and would likely try to troll or harm anyone they meet.

6. Players ranked 200-600 -

I mostly assume the're at that phase when they're convinced they are so pro at GTA and are likely to act like a snob and kick anyone more than slightly higher ranked than them because they must be the only legit player around

7. Griefers and most tryhars -

I assume they are cunning and scummy in real life too and are generally bad people.

8. Low levels who spam explosives -

I assume the're either very stupid or cheating.

9. Players who are quick to accuse others of cheating with confidence and no evidence -

I assume they're the worst kind of people, be it a kid or an adult.

10. Players who join races to just AFK at the start line, race after race -

I don't even know man, f*cking aliens.

11. Players who change the radio station more than once when riding shotgun -

most likely an asshole

I'm not proud of judging books by their cover, a bit ashamed even, but 3 years of GTA:O experience had led me to the "conclusions" above,

and though many times I have been wrong, I keep thinking those things.

So, is there something you're guilty of?

So you essentially judge every gamer in the game in a negative manner...

I'm level 176 but I don't always set my contact mission to hard unless I'm with my crew mates or I'm by myself. If I'm hosting and randoms join, I don't put it on hard unless they ask because I don't know how skilled they are. No sense in me assuming they can handle it.

I don't judge players based on their names, their looks, which cars they drive or how their customization looks. I base my judgement on how they act. Whether its racing, running around in free roam or a contact mission. I wait to see what they do before making any sort of call on whether to avoid them or not.

Derphoe

I never really thought about how I judge other players untill reading your post. If I see someone with a barcode name or KD over 2.00 I assume they are a try hard, greifer and avoid them. If I see someone in a deluxo or oppressor I automatically assume they are hostile. That's about it though because I usually just avoid everyone in general or play public solo sessions.

FloofehMoofin

Glitched/Broken outfits that clip tru each other and look terrible, something that clearly doesn't work together

Ahhhhhh now i understand :D

xARMEDx

this hahahahaha

Derphoe

hqdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Ya, I can honestly say that I was once killed by a floating gun with gloves attached to it.

Fatsanchez

There was this one time I met this most wonderful gentleman which didn't instantly shoot me on sight. It was a horse-dude. Then he went to led me to this amazing ride on his BF400, to show me the wonders of San Andreas. My life changed at that moment, and I knew I had to be a horse-dude too. And I now wear my horse-mask as much as I can. So whenever I run into another horse-dude I know that everything is going to be well. That is the only preconception I'll ever carry with me.

Piro
Posted (edited)

Well... you could say the same thing about real life.

There was this one time I met this most wonderful gentleman which didn't instantly shoot me on sight. It was a horse-dude. Then he went to led me to this amazing ride on his BF400, to show me the wonders of San Andreas. My life changed at that moment, and I knew I had to be a horse-dude too. And I now wear my horse-mask as much as I can. So whenever I run into another horse-dude I know that everything is going to be well. That is the only preconception I'll ever carry with me.

tenor.gif

Edited by Piro

flexcreator
Posted (edited)

1. Players with long numbers in their names -

for example;

99120482905822zz

Ch6666666666

A4444444444

1234b1234c

That's usually chinese players and they are not nessesery cheaters. I believe, they are using their QQ messenger IDs as a nickname. Could be wrong.

4. Low ranks (1-30~ish) who have expensive stuff and seem confident about their gameplay
I mostly assume they are cheaters or malicious trolls.

Some players use their secondary characters. The bank account is shared between both characters. So, you can be rich in a legit way. Even if you are low-level.

6. Players ranked 200-600 -
I mostly assume the're at that phase when they're convinced they are so pro at GTA and are likely to act like a snob and kick anyone more than slightly higher ranked than them because they must be the only legit player around

Well, I rarely seen players with this rank kicking anyone.
7. Griefers and most tryhars
I assume they are cunning and scummy in real life too and are generally bad people.

I want to believe that too :( But sadly, usually they are nice and polite IRL. And almost none of them are "kids".

9. Players who are quick to accuse others of cheating with confidence and no evidence -
I assume they're the worst kind of people, be it a kid or an adult.

Yay! That's me! :D

If I see a player with a high K/D ratio (20 or more) and no visual symptoms of being a tryhard, I'll assume that he is cheating right away. Yes, I'm guilty of prejudice as well.

Edited by flexcreator

HARBUJAHN
Posted (edited)

I love everyone

Edited by HARBUJAHN

ALLWORLD19

level 8000

if i join your heist and its on easy or normal and without player saved outfits you're a heist noob and dont have a clue

Happy Hunter

Barcodes are one of my number 1 targets. Also broomsticks that just happen to be MCs - these days I wait to see if they're just using it for transport during business sales, but more often than not they're spamming it in PvP.

Tryhards themselves are an abomination, far less respectable than a humble griefer or playful troll. I like to get them trapped in an endless loop of suicide - just need to hover over them.

I find unicorns tend to be rather honourable. Also people using Starlings or effectively using attack helicopters tend to play PvP in a somewhat clean way.

MadTitanThanos

Well... you could say the same thing about real life.

tenor.gif

I could, huh? What kind of sh*thole do you live in?

willystylez

I don't judge players until they're on my screen. Then it's terminate with extreme prejudice.

I'm just saying, it's a big map, there's no need to cross my path unless you're looking for trouble

This. 100% this.

wizooord
Posted (edited)

So you essentially judge every gamer in the game in a negative manner...

Not really, there are plenty of other traits I pick up on and pass positive judgement on players, but prejudice is usually about the negative so I only concentrated on those. I also almost always give them the benefit of the doubt and a chance (AND a second chance) to prove my primitive prejudiced mind wrong, I'm not quick to draw conclusions.

I'm level 176 but I don't always set my contact mission to hard unless I'm with my crew mates or I'm by myself. If I'm hosting and randoms join, I don't put it on hard unless they ask because I don't know how skilled they are. No sense in me assuming they can handle it.

That's how I expect one to treat heists, but contact missions are easily done alone especially at level 176, the other players are just there as a safety net for if you die mid-mission so they can complete it, or just to be amazed by how awesome you are with your unique ways of completing them ;p

Also when I join and see that the host is not a noob but the mission is not on hard I immediately leave, with a feeling that I almost just got robbed for my time, and I assume I'm not the only one, plus, all it ever does is give you one less life, as if you need it that much, nothing actually becomes harder, perhaps you should be more confident in your capabilities :)

-----
Thanks for contributing, everyone! some of the comments are really insightful and fun to read :)
Edited by wizooord

flexcreator

Barcodes are one of my number 1 targets.

A Barcode sent me a friend invite once. I didn't know how to react :D

Sanches
Posted (edited)

Well, while sitting on a passenger seat, i often look at the map and see who's on our way. Then im doing a quick research on them. Here's my stupid list of criteria.

1. Rank.
If player's rank is low (around 20), we often get confronted, because of that "destroy supplies to get 2000 dollas" thing.
If player is high level, then usually i don't expect him to confront us. But still my expectations sometimes fail.

2. Nick or crew name.
Probably the most deceptive criteria. If guy has nick such a as "PisswasserJewGasser" i don't expect anything serious from him.

3. Chat.
Usually shows player's behaviour from the beginning. Some players really like to "inform" others that they're going to destroy the lobby.

4. Outfit.
Self explainatory. If a guy looks like an half invisible duffle animal, i never expect them to let us go peacefully.

5. K/D ratio.
Boi which has 5 k/d, of course he won't let a defenceless Post Op van go, lol.

Edited by Sanches

septimoose

Barcodes are one of my number 1 targets.

A Barcode sent me a friend invite once. I didn't know how to react :D

Was it IllIlIIlIlIIlIlII or IllIlIIlIlIIlllII? cos IllIlIIlIlIIlIlII is a douche but IllIlIIlIlIIlllII is alright.

irish.chr

Sorry to sound like a mall cop, but it wasn't too long ago this topic was over-covered, mocked, and even became satirized.

You should always give the Search feature a shot before creating a thread like this, because there really is a LOT out there:

/thread?

Or instead of having three separate threads we could do it in this one.

You don't have to be the OP of every thread on the forum you know.

wizooord

Sorry to sound like a mall cop, but it wasn't too long ago this topic was over-covered, mocked, and even became satirized.

You should always give the Search feature a shot before creating a thread like this, because there really is a LOT out there:

I did search and am familiar with those topics but I wanted to address prejudice on a wider scale without restricting it to one category, see the little unrelated stuff people judge on, naturally similar answers as in those threads would pop up, but some things in here might not fit in them, I apologize for any inconvenience.