Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,832 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

wizooord

Prejudice - How do you judge other players?

wizooord
Posted (edited)

negative-c015-512.png

Prejudice is an ugly thing and although sometimes your gut hits spot on, in most cases it doesn't justify itself, yet we keep judging other players by certain parameters.

Before i go on, let me just say that there are exceptions to every rule and nothing is absolute, always give that fact the proper attention and try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Please don't take anything personally, please avoid racism and please don't judge people here on how the judge people in game.

I'll start:

1. Players with long numbers in their names -

for example;

99120482905822zz

Ch6666666666

A4444444444

1234b1234c

I always assume there's something wrong with them, almost as if they're not real players but some hired trolls brought in to ruin the game or mess with accounts, be generally malicious or "groom" accounts to be sold at a later time, or something. I never trust those guys and try to avoid playing with them.

2. Players above rank 100 (supposedly not noobs anymore) who don't set their contact missions on hard difficulty when they're hosting -

I don't trust those either, i mean why wouldn't you? what's wrong with you? don't you want more money? are you here just to troll and kill other players with your vigilante and blow their cars at spawn?

3. Players with more race wins than losses -

Even though I'm currently one of those and I don't cheat or play dirty, most of the time I assume there's something fishy about them, likely to ram and block or split the session if they're losing or even cheat.

4. Low ranks (1-30~ish) who have expensive stuff and seem confident about their gameplay

I mostly assume they are cheaters or malicious trolls.

5. Players with obnoxious looking characters and vehicles (pink hair, red eyes, lightning shaped chest hair wearing only underwear and chrome vehicles with bright rims for example) -

I mostly assume they're not nice people, and would likely try to troll or harm anyone they meet.

6. Players ranked 200-600 -

I mostly assume the're at that phase when they're convinced they are so pro at GTA and are likely to act like a snob and kick anyone more than slightly higher ranked than them because they must be the only legit player around

7. Griefers and most tryhars -

I assume they are cunning and scummy in real life too and are generally bad people.

8. Low levels who spam explosives -

I assume the're either very stupid or cheating.

9. Players who are quick to accuse others of cheating with confidence and no evidence -

I assume they're the worst kind of people, be it a kid or an adult.

10. Players who join races to just AFK at the start line, race after race -

I don't even know man, f*cking aliens.

11. Players who change the radio station more than once when riding shotgun -

most likely an asshole

12. I just assume everyone i meet is a male until and if they casually mention they are a female ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not proud of judging books by their cover, a bit ashamed even, but 3 years of GTA:O experience had led me to the "conclusions" above,

and though many times I have been wrong, I keep thinking those things.

So, is there something you're guilty of?

Edited by wizooord

jdv95
Posted (edited)

the only people i judge beforehand are the ones that are dressed like they came right out of call of duty or battlefield.

90% of those people are tryhards and griefers and that is fact.

Edited by jdv95

just do it bob3

Sometimes after grinding a lot, I tend to go on a massive killing spree from the pure insanity of grinding non-stop.

Quinn_flower

level 8000

Voodoo-Hendrix
Posted (edited)

If someone arrives to the session and it looks like this:

mqdefault.jpg

Most of the time, they're up to no good.

Other warning signs:

- Gaudy, ill fitted and obnoxious vehicular customization taste (bright colors, chrome, dollar sign rims)

- Usernames with xX-Xx, codebars (IlIlIlIl), MLG and 420 references, the word "GTA"

- Alarming tendency to engage you in "PvP" and exploiting every single glitch, bug and exploit available to gain an unfair advantage.

- Suspiciously high player level and/or K/D ratio.

- Always goes after your cargo, no exceptions.

- Use of jargon like "1v1 at the beach", "no re" and "lzzzzzz"

Stay away at all costs.

Edited by Voodoo-Hendrix

Verbal Soze
Posted (edited)

Yeah for me it's that someone who always use a weird pv for instance dollar rims kuruma, gold deluxos especially f*cking vigilante usually they ram everyone and hijacking the mission destroying other players PV in missions or heists

but i've met a player that are not like that last month i played with a level 400ish and yeah chrome khanjali and i thought sh*t i'm f*cked started running to my nightshark, but no, he didn't ruined the missions or killing not destroying PVs, he just invited us to roll with him, which i refuse (chrome tanks? Yeah no thanks bud)

Edited by ryannata

REXX

Pogo is a no-go.

FloofehMoofin
Posted (edited)

If someone arrives to the session and it looks like this:

mqdefault.jpg

Most of the time, they're up to no good.

Other warning signs:

- Gaudy, ill fitted and obnoxious vehicular customization taste (bright colors, chrome, dollar sign rims)

- Usernames with xX-Xx, codebars (IlIlIlIl), MLG and 420 references, the word "GTA"

- Alarming tendency to engage you in "PvP" and exploiting every single glitch, bug and exploit available to gain an unfair advantage.

- Suspiciously high player level and/or K/D ratio.

- Always goes after your cargo, no exceptions.

- Use of jargon like "1v1 at the beach", "no re" and "lzzzzzz"

Stay away at all costs.

R4Go94f.jpg

Tbh these 11 years old tryhards love rebreathers that much.

Edited by FloofehMoofin

septimoose

I don't judge players until they're on my screen. Then it's terminate with extreme prejudice.

I'm just saying, it's a big map, there's no need to cross my path unless you're looking for trouble

FloofehMoofin

I don't judge players until they're on my screen. Then it's terminate with extreme prejudice.

I'm just saying, it's a big map, there's no need to cross my path unless you're looking for trouble

what if they just wanna get hugs ?

NAHHH!

StangOne50

I treat all dots equally-as the enemy.

Hurst.

You can tell pretty much straight away if someone's a bellend on this game.

Anyone who is just crying for attention in a brightly coloured supercar, with a horrible dress sense and beep the horn when they're near you. Sorry, mate you're getting slugged.

Big Molio

Kill it before it lays eggs!

maxresdefault.jpg

FloofehMoofin
Posted (edited)

You can tell pretty much straight away if someone's a bellend on this game.

Anyone who is just crying for attention in a brightly coloured supercar, with a horrible dress sense and beep the horn when they're near you. Sorry, mate you're getting slugged.

NaturalTatteredDassie-max-1mb.gif

Beeping horn guy

maxresdefault.jpg

idk why people like this. Looking ugly af. why kids love such a garbage outfit ?

Edited by FloofehMoofin

Voodoo-Hendrix

maxresdefault.jpg

Here's a tip: aim for the nerve stem and put it down for good.

Big Molio

idk why people like this. Looking ugly af. why kids love such a garbage outfit ?

It’s a kind of uniform for them.

KWF1981

I only judge folk based off of actions really. If someone's cheating or taking the piss, I move on and just think nothing of it. If folk play fair, within the game's parameters, have at it. I'll do my thing, and if we gel or clash, that's the variety I enjoy. Just never know in any given session where it goes, lol.

Vyax

Anyone who speeds towards my location in a jet that I haven't made a truce with is someone I'll likely blow out of the sky.

Hurst.

Anyone who speeds towards my location in a jet that I haven't made a truce with is someone I'll likely blow out of the sky.

giggidy.

Hécate-II

Pogo is a no-go.

Raccoon mask.

I immediately summon my Avenger and perform a preventive air strike in case this person would eventually, in a close futur, wants to troll me. I know I'm right, raccoon mask peoples are evil.

FloofehMoofin
Posted (edited)

Ahhhhhh. They try to hide thier real form. Clever guy ^^

ezgif-4-9d6d7a5c5b.gif

Edited by FloofehMoofin

Nutduster

- Guys with gamertags xXxL1k3_tH1sxXx.

- Bonus points if their tag works in a reference to GTA, e.g. xXxHa1LhYdRaxXx.

- More bonus points if their tag has "lol," "umad," "salty," "420," or "itsyaboi" in it.

- Gas mask outfit. That's the Pogo-mask-and-boxer-shorts of 2018.

- Spamming EWO. Whether they are near me or not, whether they've killed anyone recently or not, seeing that in the feed puts me on high alert.

- Constant switching between CEO and MC while not doing any work for either. I do this occasionally to get a bike quickly but the guys who do this every other minute are clearly Oppressor whores who also need access to BST and ghost org. The more you do it, the judge-ier I get.

- Deluxo icons. Yeah I own one too but I don't care. If you're in it I kind of want to kill you. Deluxo drivers are 80% of the time complete knobs.

- Large crews who flog Stand Your Ground together. I feel for all the low levels who go over there think this is anything other than a honey trap for kill-farming.

- Red dots in passive. Who are you kidding?

- Level 8000 of course.

Sleepwalking
Posted (edited)

the only people i judge beforehand are the ones that are dressed like they came right out of call of duty or battlefield.

90% of those people are tryhards and griefers and that is fact.

This, when I see those guys I say oh look, trouble is coming that way. They may call you pussy because you are in passive mod and not interested with PVP.

Also I always check lobby, if I see someone above rank 1500; I leave.

If I see a deluxo, an oppressor or a jet approaching me I immediately go to passive mod; because someone friendly doesn't use these to approach you.

Edited by Sleepwalking

UncleScrooge

Ahhhhhh. They try to hide thier real form. Clever guy ^^

ezgif-4-9d6d7a5c5b.gif

I'd wager many who dress this way are insecure and desperate to fit in. They are sheeple idolising a poor choice of shepard.

TheSadisticOwl

My prejudice comes more from how players in this game dress and look like.

1. Casual clothing players: I tend to assume that these players don't engage in PVP often and therefore at the most friendly of the bunch, specially if they're high ranked. I dunno why, but I've noticed a pattern with high ranked players being mature and friendly unless threatened. I've drove by some simply honking at them to see how they'd react and I can count on my fingers the times I was shot. But maybe I'm just lucky.

2. Tryhard clothing players: Everyone knows them. Bulletproof helmet, ridiculous outfit, red eyes with black eyeliner, white hair, rebreather, covered in blood from EWOing. No need for explanations here.

3. Suit clothing players: Is it just me or do most ranks from 1 to 50 wear three piece suits? I may be wrong, but I've seen more high ranked players dressed in different clothing rather than suits. Anywho, at first glance, I assume they're new at the game considering that the suits they wear are from the outfits you get from buying clothing at the clerk's desk in clothing stores.

4. Biker dressed players: Players who dress like this are probably in those MC crews that roleplay a lot. I assume they're pretty good at PVP without bulletproof helmet shenanigans, but also like boasting about the people they kill a lot. If you go through the Snapmatics page on Social Club, you find a lot of pictures of dead players with humiliating writing around his corpse and they tend to come from these crews.

5. Female characters: When a female character doesn't look edgy and in a tryhard outfit, I tend to assume they're not only someone's second character, but also from a person who enjoys doing Snapmatics of their female character. I generally don't care if the person behind a female character is male or female, but if the female characters is wearing little clothing and the person speaking through the mic has a deep, post 30s voice, I feel a bit creeped out.

6. Pogo and raccoon mask players: I hated these back then and I still do. They're usually annoying trolls and griefers who use tryhard tactics, only lacking the bulletproof helmet. In contact missions, these guys are not to be trusted at all. They're the most likely to f*ck everything up on purpose.

7. Fox and wolf mask players: I've seen plenty of furries wear those masks around. I can tell them by their name or by looking at their crew name, as it tends to be rather furry based. I dunno much about furries, but I guess they're nice?

8. Sport shorts players: Again, probably trolls and griefers. Extra points if they're wearing the pogo and raccoon masks.

9. Male and female characters that have made good use of the customization sliders: You can find a lot of them at the Show Your Character thread. They're definitely people who like to show off their character in Snapmatics.

10. Youtuber copycats: I don't see them as often anymore, but people did tend to copy Vanoss, Lui Calibre, DaithDeNogla and plenty of other more famous GTAO youtubers back around 2014 to 2016. I tend to assume they're underaged since those youtubers had (and have) a lot of fans around the age of 10 to 15.

11. DLC outfits players: Those players who instead of making their own outfit use something that they bought at the clerk's desk. They tend to be low ranked, so they probably just started out the game and/or just don't really care about dressing their characters uniquely.

CaptainMarvel

By the sound of a smoke detectors batteries dying and constantly beeping through a players microphone.

Not only are you annoying but also extremely ignorant for his/her and their family or roommates safety.

Rykjeklut

I automatically assume that anyone below level 100 is a child.

If your name includes "weed","420","xXx", or those barcodes, you have autism.

If you're better than me in PvP, you're a cheater.

If you have more race wins than losses, you're a cheater.

If you don't put missions on hard, you're a child.

xARMEDx

Tryhards are literal demon manifestations..literal.

7432ef9720d5b85a8028f55cce40cc47.jpg

FloofehMoofin
Posted (edited)

Tryhards are literal demon manifestations..literal.

7432ef9720d5b85a8028f55cce40cc47.jpg

Nah nah. Just 11 years old with autism where elders gave up Edited by FloofehMoofin

Piro
Posted (edited)

Everything that was mentioned above. But mostly I judge outfits

- tryhard outfits

- glitched outfits with clipping issues

- people that run around in underwear (usually with facepaint and tattoos)

- people with default outfit (probably scriptkido)

- people in skinny jeans and this hoodie:

mqdefault.jpg

Edit:

oh and

- people that religiously fallow GPS and NEVER use shortcuts

- people that always jump out aircrafts instead of landing

- people that are lvl +200 and they don't know how to fly helicopters

- ugly people

edit2:

I like gentlemen in suits tho.

Edited by Piro