Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,183 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

AnDReJ98

MOTW #100 Anniversary Thread

MOTW #100 Anniversary Poll  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite participant? (Only winners are included)

• Target13
    • AnDReJ98
    • Basketziga
    • The Odyssey
    • basket_boy123
    • JCGames
    • KingFZ
    • Blues2030
    • GalacticXp1
    • XXGTAXIVXX
    • KD Himan
    • Spider262
    • Martin_GDF
    • Chips237
    • ProDX34
    • Huzaifa Khan
    • gammoudicj
    • xMatix
    • FRArom
    • gheorgheM
    • Tukang Kerupuk
    • Revolver1
    • Vinesh
    • Heisenberg_GR
    • HardluckStyle
    • Yuneshin
    • Grand_Dyom
    • Husnain123
    • DKI
    • Jhandave
    • Mateus H
    • Secronom President
    • mister busta
    • Bender
    • Varro Sasuke
    • GHozT
    • GYA_water7
    • Fabeeeeeee
    • Danz
    • XdBrunoPt21
    • Topaz17
    • XxGrovexX
    • Aftab
    • Next Previous
    • Aflien
    • Roxie
    • CrisPK
    • Martin_Strada
    • (EMPTY FIELD)
    • Amethyst
  2. 2. Who is your favorite participant? (Only winners are included)

• Agent-X
    • Nafil
    • THBP
    • xghostx
    • Yasir RFL
    • MartZ (Previously known as Delaware)
    • (EMPTY FIELD)
    • GreenGoo

AnDReJ98
Posted (edited)

J1yWNz2.png
Click here to vote for the favorite theme that has been featured so far.

Celebrate the DYOM's most successful contest ever 100th (117th overall counted) anniversary with us!

History

In The Beginning...

Most of you probably don't know about this since it's been a long time ago, but idea for MOTW actually came from SOTW (Signature of the Week) in the first place. Back in the day, SOTW was a popular game on GTAForums, Visual Arts section today known as Graphic/Visual Arts in which GTAF artists create signatures following a specific theme, and then the community votes on the winner. I used to be really interested in that kind of stuff, and I started regularly participating in that small competition. Some time later, I thought of making something similar to SOTW but in DYOM section. Then, MOTW came up in mind. Of course, a lot had to be added/changed compared to SOTW since it was a bit more complex because the thing was about missions, instead of signatures obviously. And finally, on 8th May 2013, I've opened the very first MOTW dedicated thread consisted from rules and basic info about the contest. The theme was freestyle and eventually, the voting began with 9 entries. Few weeks later, I ran into some unexpected stuff in my life so I had pass MOTW leadership to someone else at the moment since I couldn't focus on it anymore. Although it was far from what it is today, MOTW kept on progressing after I gave the contest leadership to Chips237. Therefor, on 11 June 2013, The Odyssey made MOTW Discussion Thread (similar to today's Official MOTW Discussion Thread) to explain what this contest is about and how it works, as well as list every MOTW winner, pin the rules and of course, discuss about MOTW. Eventually, Target13 thought of making a system in which a MOTW winner gets to ''host'' the next week's competition as well as choose the theme. Shortly after, the idea got accepted by the community and the system turned out to be such a great idea which is present even today. Throughout the summer of the same year, contest started being more and more inactive by each week, which led to the small break. After activity was established again, MOTW resumed until the very early 2014 where it had officially ended due to inactivity.

Revival - New Era

After some time, on 13th April 2014, Target13 contacted me about MOTW and said that we should start it again on which I agreed. Once again, because of my life situation, I wasn't able to fully participate in MOTW's revival but Target13 took on it and made MOTW almost the same as it is today. With strict and defined rules, as well as strict layout & information of the thread which community members respected. After successfully reviving and defining MOTW, contest began in the spring and enjoyed the success throughout the summer, achieving the ''official'' DYOM contest status which resulted in every MOTW thread getting pinned while it's opened for submissions/voting (thanks to Secronom President, part of DYOM staff). The contest was eventually shut down in the autumn.

MOTW went on hiatus for almost a year, but then in August 2015 community members started talking about MOTW and how fun it used to be when it was there. Just when I got back home from vacation, I was really inspired and decided to re-open the MOTW once again. Thanks to the previous leaderships (especially Target13) and other contributors, there was no need for extra work like when we were re-opening it back in 2014, so I decided to make a few changes here and there and start the submissions thread right away. But before opening the submissions, there was one more thing thing to do that was missing - The Official MOTW Discussion Thread. The thing that was missing since the day one (not counting the 2013's one which was a long time forgotten and outdated). So, I've decided to create the official MOTW thread and finally, on 27th August 2015, the Official MOTW Discussion Thread was opened, containing full info, rules/guidelines & list of all MOTW winners. Since the thread was created, it is regularly being updated to this day. Unexpectedly, 2015 was MOTW's most successful year ever in terms of number of participants. Despite MOTW being on hiatus for a very long time, it still managed to gain huge audience and popularity among the members of DYOM community. Even thought MOTW had least weeks in 2015 (mostly due to being opened very late), it turned out to be quite successful in numbers of participants and overall activity. The contest was closed in November but ended up reopened again in February 2016 due to high public interest. In 2016, MOTW experienced it's longest run ever at the time with total of 28 weeks (February-November). Since then, MOTW introduced a new reward for the winners - a temporary mission pin (for a week), besides it's regular rewards which include having a privilege of hosting a MOTW thread on your own and choosing the theme.

GTAForums Annual Awards.

On a second note, a separate project has been developed which is called MOTY (Mission of the Year) and is ongoing since 2013. Every mission that won in the contest is automatically participating in the final contest called Mission of the Year which is open to the public voting (just like regular MOTWs). MOTY's rewards include mission getting pinned for a year on the official DYOM website, mission being featured on the main MOTW topic, and since 2016, assigning a medal to winner's GTAForums account. In 2017, MOTY was officially included in GTAForums Annual Awards (special thanks to Kirsty). This made MOTW an official contest on both, DYOM section/website and whole GTAForums.

Today

Mission of the Week is considered as the most successful and longest contest on the run ever in DYOM history with more than 500 missions submitted (estimated) since 2013 from which 56 participants won at least one mission of the week. In 2017, MOTW surpassed it's 2016 record in number of weeks in one year, with 31 weeks that year. MOTW had the shortest rest between 2017 and 2018, which is only two months (being closed in November 2017 and resumed in January 2018). MartZ chose ''Best Friend'' as theme for MOTW #100 to mark the anniversary for a rather appealing atmosphere towards friendship, respect, loyalty and generosity.

Trophy List

[table]

MemberWin StreakTrophyGalacticXp117DiamondHuzaifa Khan8PlatinumAftab6GoldMartZ (aka Delaware)5Silver[/table]

Achievements

[table]

TaskAchievementParticipate for the first timeBeginnerWin your first MOTWLucky StarterParticipate 5 timesScoutWin more than one MOTWPlayerWin at least 3 MOTWsCompetitorParticipate 10 timesCelebrityWin 5 or more MOTWsSerious PlayerWin 3 or more MOTWs in a rowDominantParticipate 15+ timesMOTW StarSecond person with the most MOTWs wonMain CompetitorWin the most MOTWsKing of MOTW[/table]

Special Achievements

[table]

TaskAchievementWin Mission of the YearLegendWin Mission of the Year more than onceUnforgettable [/table] Edited by AnDReJ98

Nuddle King
Posted (edited)
Nice topic Andrej!Its my birthday too, And what the rewards for who gonna get the most votes? Edited by nuddle kid

AnDReJ98
Posted (edited)

Featured on the main MOTW thread, along with the trophy list which is coming soon.

Since GTAF poll feature is pretty messy and you must vote in both questions, making members able to cast multiple votes would be more fair since you will have to cast your vote in the second question anyway.

Sorted. You can choose ''empty field'' If have you previously voted in the first question.

Edited by AnDReJ98

Nuddle King
I know someone who was really known in 2011, He was participater in MOTW too much. But he banned for unknown reason, and I believe he innocent because trusted members trust him.

MartZ2

I'm here since #60. This contest is always gonna be somewhat special to me, given how it got me a name in this subforum, since the first published mission of mine here was the winner of MOTW #60.

MartZ2

Sorted. You can choose ''empty field'' If have you previously voted in the first question.

Also, there's got to be an empty field selection for the first poll, aswell. In case anyone wants to vote for me or some other guy in the second poll.

Huzaifa khan
Posted (edited)

I'm here since MOTW #19. And this contest is really special for me. The only place where you can challange your skills with all greats, the most active topic in whole forum, right now I won 8 MOTW contest. Soon I arrive in Double figure and compete with Galactic :D;)

All credits goes to AnDReJ98, Chips, The Odyssey and Target13 for running this awesome contest. :):^:

Edited by Huzaifa khan

DYOMER99

Even though am new to MOTW ( since #89 ) I have enjoyed it more than anything else on DYOM. This has always been challenging, inspiring, and chilling! Congrats to all winners and credits to Andrej, Target13 and all those who came up with the idea of MOTW and maintained it so good!!!

AnDReJ98
Posted (edited)

Added ''empty field'' on every poll/question. This should have been there since the beginning but thanks to my broken mind and overtired body, there we go. At least, better ever than never.

Also, I'll be working on the trophy list.

Edited by AnDReJ98

VenomDYOM

I don't know when I started to participate in the MOTW... I think it was like #34th one when I made the horror theme instead of Ambush, that's really bringing memories :)

AnDReJ98

A trophy list has been added along with achievements and special achievements.

GalacticXp1

Greetings to everyone, I started on MOTW #1 when xGhostx made a mission and challenging the participants to make a video of that mission and see who got the best time to finishing it, it was kind of fun back than since we were all pretty much starting to compete against each other, I have enjoyed playing MOTW when ever I get the chance and it has given me some time to enjoy playing a fantastic game.

MartZ2

Greetings to everyone, I started on MOTW #1 when xGhostx made a mission and challenging the participants to make a video of that mission and see who got the best time to finishing it, it was kind of fun back than since we were all pretty much starting to compete against each other, I have enjoyed playing MOTW when ever I get the chance and it has given me some time to enjoy playing a fantastic game.

You hold a colorful career, Galactic. Your work's got heart in it, I can tell you that much.

Aftab
Posted (edited)

Started participating from #46 and won for the first time in #53. Participated 15 consecutive times from #46 to #60.

And total number of missions I've made for MOTW are 26.

MOTW is my favourite event on gtaforums tbh.

Edited by Aftab

Yasir_RFL

I'll never forget my first participation, MOTW 52. I'll never forget my first great rivals either, Huzaifa and Aftab. Code of Silence & Mission Valentine are first missions, I played from MOTW lists.

Martin_Strada
Posted (edited)

Started to participate MOTW in MOTW #70 and that contest was my first winner.

Edited by Martin_Strada

DroidX

I started in MOTW# 17. It surely was a while ago, but only joined a couple of times. and Finally Won My First Mission [MOTW-100]

To be Honest I've been around DYOM from almost the Beginning, but didn't got to involved in It. I Played Missions from lots of Great Designers like Chimpso, Secronom-President, XghostX, Jimmy-Leppard, and the one I made a Good Friend of Galactic. Hope He Gets Back into Finishing TDW4 One Day

Jisseikatsu

Hope He Gets Back into Finishing TDW4 One Day

That would be a dream come true.

Nuddle King

I start playing MOTW missions at MOTW#77, and somehow I enter GTAF and start voting at MOTW #96, its was so cool. Thanks for Andrej and Secronom for showing GTAF news in DYOM. By that I know now how MOTW progress going.:)