3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
tasic89

Please explain - why so many cars ?

Dragon_Of_Tragedy

Hard to explain if you aren't a car guy.

Hard to explain born in the wrong generation.

CarimboHanky

And I am reading that some users wants more garage space... How do you buy your cars ?

Like, what is your purpose to have that many, when most of them are ... ugly ? :D

how do i buy my cars? i open the website, see the car, if it appeals to me, i buy it.

the purpose of having many cars is, well because i can, i like cars, i like to collect cars, so yeah

as for most cars being ugly, well thats like your opinion, everyone has different tastes, for example my bro likes high end cars, sometimes we just cruise around, he in his shiny super and and me in one of my rusty ratrods 🤣

deadx23

Why? Because I have so many garage spaces,I don't want to look at empty spaces in my garage.

Rafae

Why? Because I have so many garage spaces,I don't want to look at empty spaces in my garage.

Don't buy the garage spaces then 😎

CaliMeatWagon

when most of them are ... ugly ? :D

Opinions are like....

HamwithCheese

Why so many planes? Why own so many guns? Apartments? Shoes? Hell, why buy the game, just play saints row. In fact, why buy that? Or a console? Why want?

Because we like it.

The Collector
Posted (edited)

I read the first line of OP post and already knew he is a lost cause. Weaponized Vehicles and Armored ones (Rolling my Mother Fuxin Eyes) Hey at least OP and young children have the same tastes apparently. "OH boy a sports car with guns on the front, Yippeeee!"

Edited by The Collector

MisFit-138

Because the thought the box said Gran Turismo and are clueless to GTA's legacy of not having anything to do with collecting every car in game.

Mach1bud

Because the thought the box said Gran Turismo and are clueless to GTA's legacy of not having anything to do with collecting every car in game.

I don't agree with that, pretty much every GTA involves buying multiple properties to store more and more vehicles.

dairyworker

Some of us just really like and appreciate many different cars. I collect hot wheels, all different kinds, 30's hot rods to modern hyper cars. When i play video games i sit in my basement surrounded by over 3000 toy cars. If that doesn't help you understand than i don't know what else to say.....

I also am amazed that this is still a question.

Sleepwalking
Posted (edited)

Game appealed many car enthusiasts over years.

They want to buy & store as many car as they can. Because why not? Entering your garage and looking your beauties is still satisfying. If new cars are added to play with, then you will need to extra space as a result.

Edited by Sleepwalking

Aznknight

This is like buying Doom and asking why so many alien monsters.

You must've been dropped as an adult.

MisFit-138
Posted (edited)

I don't agree with that, pretty much every GTA involves buying multiple properties to store more and more vehicles.Fair enough, just throwing some salt around😉 But seriously, having a car collection is very new. I mean having more than 2-6, can't really remember how many cars we could have in SA with something in every garage. People act like this game is about cars, cars only, and racing those cars.

GTA is way more than "a car game". People try to label anything beyond racing in this game as "more militarized pew pew pew cod crap for children" while ignoring everything about this games history. There is a huge overlap in violence and conflict over racing, and definitely over car collection, in every iteration of this game.

That's why I personally don't get the focus on car collection and racing, it kind of misses the point of being GTA. If that's the only thing some people want, then there are games that offer this in spades. They can even have the oh so important correct brand manufacturer and fender accuracy.

That being said, I DO understand that you guys do in fact enjoy it, and I support you guys getting more garage space, just not of the expense of new things to do and the freeform chaos that game actually IS this games identity. If everyone could quit insisting this game is, was, or ever should be Forza, Midnight Club, Ridge Racer, Need for Speed, or Gran Turismo maybe we can continue to expand on gameplay instead of making some lateral move racing DLC that apes some other games identity.

Edited by MisFit-138

No Use For A Name
Posted (edited)

Short answer: because I enjoy collecting cars

Long answer: because I enjoy collecting cars. It keeps me entertained

Edited by No Use For A Name

KWF1981
Posted (edited)

<snip>

I absolutely agree GTA is far more than this topic about cars/collecting. But also, as a huge San Andreas nut, remember being able to own every property in the game, and enjoying things like the Maze Bank Arena and driving school, and various other car/bike related activities that were, aside the gang wars part, a huge part of that game.

For me, I loved owning all the cars I could enter the car bouncing side mission with, lol. But also, collecting all the various sports and muscle cars there to store in areas that I felt suited the car a little too, lol. And rare to find ones, or the one's we unlocked too. And there was no insurances or replacements there, lol. We had to take care of out babies. That game was so vast for it's time. Just coasting to the gym was great fun, and it just grew from there. (Through personal reasons, I didn't play GTA IV as much as wanted/could, so can't compare - Just San An left a big mark for me).

IMHO though, I agree about the emphasis on racing, at least like this. There should be more emphasis on street racing and other things like that, meets and drag strips even. Again, the car bouncing mini game too. So many quirks that can be side distractions to the main show.

The beauty of this game, like San Andreas is that it allowed the meaty action to be there, and on the side, as the franchise grew, so did our options.

So much room/potential for more of it all really. Garage space is no different. (Though, I don't want folks to be pestered by messages or calls to buy any they may add in future, frustrates those not keen. Optional, additional stuff, most definitely IMO).

Edited by KWF1981

Quinn_flower

cause r* ran out of ideas

Rafae

Always the party pooper

Quinn_flower

Always the party pooper

idgf anymore

Rafae

Of course you don't

carnerd3000

Off topic - Quinn, I actually just finally realized your profile pic is Helena from Resident Evil 6 lol.

mav

Because I love cars since I was a kid and can't reasonably have 120+ cars IRL so games like GTA and Gran Turismo are the next best thing. And as a kid at heart still, I get all giddy and excited about owning the same car or similar virtually as in real life.

You should ask this guy why he has so many cars, including this one from the 1920's that's powered by an airplane engine.

33759086486_35ac5ceb44_b.jpg