Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,463 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

bl00dykill5

Do you think the change in KD ratio and the "Kill Yourself" will actually cause less tryharding?

bl00dykill5

Or do you think the level of tryharding will relatively stay the same?

Giantsgiants

Nah.

A lot of the trolls and griefers kill for the sake of killing.

StangOne50

Nah, they will tryharder.

III-Ari-III

First they have to actually know the change.. which a lot of them with their iq, won't even know.. then there is the fact that they can still annoy the f*ck out of you.. they should have added a cooldown of 1 or 2 minutes to suicide, that would fix the suicide problem, not this.

Nutduster

I think it will barely affect anything. Most tryhards just want to win the fight they're in, k/d is a secondary concern at best. Second, as I understand it this only tracks actual use of Easy Way Out, not suicide-by-explosive, which many tryhards already prefer anyway. So while this is a positive change, it's an incredibly minor one. If they want to combat the plague of suicides, they need to do a lot more.

Commche

Nope. All day I've played people still spam EWO or blow themselves up. Even once the information becomes more widespread, it doesn't change the fact that people can still safely EWO before they get hit or just blow themselves up. There is no real fix to this "problem" and frankly every bit of development time and money dedicated to trying to solve it is a waste.

If people suicide spam, just walk away and let them waste their time. Easy.

Zader

I watched two sh*tters race to the bottom earlier just spamming it to avoid dying to one another.

It's going to take them a long time to catch on, if they ever do, and it's going to be hilarious to watch.

I think by the time the lot of them find out, their ratios will have dropped far enough that they might give up entirely on the game. Wouldn't mind that any.

MARINA

I never EWO, I just RPG myself. It's easier and less time consuming

Furry_Monkey

It will cause some to change the way they play, but just like every other change in the game, some people will cry but eventually everyone will simply adapt their playing style and we'll be back to square 1.

Unless they make every suicide count as a player death then nothing has changed. Even that would only slow some people down.

Sanches

Of course griefers will stay. They will stay even if NPC kills and deaths would affect your ratio.
But this indeed will change atleast some precentage of fights. Atleast if your opponent would like to EWO without losing k/d, now he needs to set up that death (placing a stickie or shooting himself with RPG), which will give you atleast a few more seconds to actually kill him.

Tails Prower

Excuse my ignorance but what has actually changed about k/d ratio and kill yourself?

I am not a "tryhard" but I have been enjoying PVP more since I have got much better at it of late so if someone could explain the change I'd

appreciate it!

wizooord

Nah. They will adapt. Like cockroaches.

Opzeker

Not at all, it's about denying you the kill and the little scorefeed on the bottom of the screen.

A bit like cheating in a football match, Luis Suarez blocking the ball on the goal line in the last few minutes in the World Championship match against Ghana a few years back.

TCA

They would have to make a change to the kill feed kinda like DM. You kill your self accidental in a DM you lose a point. That would have to be factored in at some point, then that should stop the blow myself up looping.

Talisman_83

I think the only real solution to this problem is:

1. Your own weapons cannot kill you.

and

2. Remove EWO entirely.

⁣V⁣

Think EWO was mostly used to escape the cops because it's cheaper and faster than running away or calling Lester to remove it by paying $600 (Doomsday made it FREE).

Most tryhards use RPGs or place a sticky and dance around it. Or double-tap Dpad right that throws and detonates the sticky as soon as you throw it.

So, nah. People will stop using EWO but not stop killing themselves to prevent someone else from doing it.

TCA
Posted (edited)

I think the only real solution to this problem is:

1. Your own weapons cannot kill you.

and

2. Remove EWO entirely.

Good suggestion should send that to the devs! Well the first one. But 2 could be you can only EWO if you have a wanted level of Id say 3-4 star. Edited by TCA

Nutduster

They won't make it so that your own weapons don't kill you, that's never happening.

KWF1981

Nope!.

elfoam

I think it will barely affect anything. Most tryhards just want to win the fight they're in, k/d is a secondary concern at best. Second, as I understand it this only tracks actual use of Easy Way Out, not suicide-by-explosive, which many tryhards already prefer anyway. So while this is a positive change, it's an incredibly minor one. If they want to combat the plague of suicides, they need to do a lot more.

Rockstar must have decided they weren't willing to forgo the price of explosives... typical. They only have $$$$$'s in their eyes not matter what they do

deadx23

Just imagine they stop caring for k/d ratio :O :thinking:

Uncle Sikee Atric

Will the changes matter?

a0qre.gif

elfoam

Maybe they should just delete the K/D ratio?. I never cared about it for years and mine used to be .79 forever but since they brought out all the evil machinery like the Akula and such.. mines over 6 now and I'm starting to look at it once in a while but it would be better for everyone if it was gone.

Nutduster

Maybe they should just delete the K/D ratio?. I never cared about it for years and mine used to be .79 forever but since they brought out all the evil machinery like the Akula and such.. mines over 6 now and I'm starting to look at it once in a while but it would be better for everyone if it was gone.

Never happening. And probably shouldn't. Most players want to see the stat even if theirs isn't that good, and even if the imbalances in the game mean it's an easy stat to manipulate.

flexcreator

Maybe they should just delete the K/D ratio?.

K/D is one of the very few reliable options to detect godmode cheaters.

Furry_Monkey

Other than the fact they're air thrusting while you unload your RPG directly in their face?

Nutduster

There's nothing reliable about it. Some of the biggest k/d offenders aren't using glitches; they're just exploiting the hell out of the jet and passive mode. They're only ever in one or the other.

flexcreator

Other than the fact they're air thrusting while you unload your RPG directly in their face?

Cheats can be enabled and disabled mid game on PC.

they're just exploiting the hell out of the jet and passive mode

I met guys who are exploting jets and passive mode. They have k/d 16 or close.

If a player have K/D=98 and he is not using any weaponized vehicle - that's a whole different level.

Rykjeklut

Not at all, it's about denying you the kill and the little scorefeed on the bottom of the screen.

A bit like cheating in a football match, Luis Suarez blocking the ball on the goal line in the last few minutes in the World Championship match against Ghana a few years back.

Comparing Suarez with EWO-c*nts might be the most apt thing ever.

OT: No, I doubt it. But being a positive guy, I'll see it as a nice start.

Voodoo-Hendrix

If we're comparing EWO to soccer, EWO is the equivalent of literally moving the goal out of the way every time the rival team is about to score.