3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Mauritium

[GTA SA] Tomb Raider: Last Crusade

Davve95
Posted (edited)

That's cool! CJ got bored of being a gangsta man and gangsta wars.

Edited by Davve95

Mauritium

Croft Island, only land (Without buildings)

Also some images:

0E77C2AB5.png

E28FF2874.png

F6E0676B9.png

ECD0E8615.png

Mauritium

Swimsuit Lara:

C897FA788.png

0E4686FDA.png

45E9B39DD.png

MrSmarter22

The updates look stunning!!

Mauritium
Posted (edited)

The updates look stunning!!

Thanks! Here are some more pics, City outfit (My favorite :lol:) :

14DF31FEB.png

BE9A6F976.png

AD4009294.png

Edited by Mauritium

Mauritium

Should I keep this as an Easter Egg? :lol::lol::lol:

78529F589.jpg

denis1379
Posted (edited)

On of the picture on first page had light issue with running dinosaur. Why is it so dull?

Nice Crash, maybe you can implement someone from Core Design or Crystal Dynamics games like Gex and Soul Reaver 😁😁😁

Edited by denis1379

turbocharger

f*cking awesome. You do stuff thouroughly, no half-assing, dedication is real. You've already made SA look like a completely different game. Hopefully someone will recognize your effort and lend you a hand with the programming aspect. So far, this is kickass.

Mauritium

On of the picture on first page had light issue with running dinosaur. Why is it so dull?

Nice Crash, maybe you can implement someone from Core Design or Crystal Dynamics games like Gex and Soul Reaver

It's one of the earliest pictures, I had some problems with ilumination on added objects but I already fixed that. I could add some special outfit cheats in the future, I'm just waiting to finish the Tomb Raider part :lol:

f*cking awesome. You do stuff thouroughly, no half-assing, dedication is real. You've already made SA look like a completely different game. Hopefully someone will recognize your effort and lend you a hand with the programming aspect. So far, this is kickass.

Thank you very much! Your kind words really mean a lot to me :santa: , hopefully some programmer will find the project interesting and join, I'm already making maps with programmation in mind (Switches, door placements, secret items, etc)

Mauritium

I can only agree with what the others have said. BTW, wouln't you think a fmv character model of Lara would be a nice addition, just like in the picture below?

https://pedro-croft.deviantart.com/art/Lara-Croft-FMV-Edited-Download-XPS-486028817

lara_croft_fmv_edited___download__xps__b

I like the idea, probably gonna rig it in the future, I could also use if for making a cover like the old games :lol:

MrSmarter22

Any progress?

Mauritium
Posted (edited)

The mod is not dead! I just stopped updating because I'm focusing on the map making :lol: also the forum seems to be a little dead. I mean, I made various threads with little to no response at all. I suppose SA modding is dying :panic:

Anyway, here's a little update: I was not satisfied with the initial island, I though it should be a place where the player can do many interactions and learn the new mechanics, so, it's like a little tutorial. The place is now an island in Scotland (A mix between Willard's Lair in TR3 and Streets of Rome from TR4). I'm currently working on making a lot of secret places, so the player can explore, collect keys, etc (If I don't find a good programmer, I'm f*cked because a lot of things are placed exclusively for advanced lever mechanics, doors, etc). Some pictures (From Maya, since I didn't finished yet):

B64.jpg

In the top of that yellow structure, is going to be a little statue that moves with the push of a button, probably hided inside of one of the buildings...

09F.jpg

DC6.jpg

838.jpg

8E09DBB97.png

4F3D6E341.jpg

28F4C9EBF.jpg

9A77663CB.jpg8E09DBB97.png

As you can see, there's a lot of subterranean places to explore

This is how it looks without the subterranean places AT THE MOMENT. I'm just starting :lol:

26EA46D19.jpg

In that empty space at the side, is going to be the Croft Manor

-

Also I fixed a couple of animations that were bothering me, like the landing one... So... It continues. Although I'm not working as hard as I was before, I'm doing a lot of extra hours on my job so... I don't have as much time as before...

Edited by Mauritium

LaDiDa

Looks great!

P.S. spoiling locations of hidden stuff kinda defeats the point (even if it's a tutorial map). 😉

Mauritium

Looks great!

P.S. spoiling locations of hidden stuff kinda defeats the point (even if it's a tutorial map).

Hahaha I agree, but I hope most people who play the mod won't search in the second page of the forum thread :lol:

goodidea82
Posted (edited)

The mod is not dead! I just stopped updating because I'm focusing on the map making :lol: also the forum seems to be a little dead. I mean, I made various threads with little to no response at all. I suppose SA modding is dying :panic:

There is less activity currently, but it's certainly not dying. For instance, I was away for a half year, now active, then there will be big breaks again. Several people anouced that they will stop, but then they came back. It will continue just like other ongoing activities for old games like TR (mid 90ies), Sonic(early 90ies), Ron Gilberts point&click adventures (80ies). I'm excited about your project and other projects even if I don't post much.

I think it is very important to make stable mods that do not crash the game. When the game crashes, users lose trust in mods and then turn away altogether.

Edited by goodidea82

MrSmarter22

Wow, love the progress made on the new map. Also like the idea that Croft Manor is finally being implemented.

Mauritium

There is less activity currently, but it's certainly not dying. For instance, I was away for a half year, now active, then there will be big breaks again. Several people anouced that they will stop, but then they came back. It will continue just like other ongoing activities for old games like TR (mid 90ies), Sonic(early 90ies), Ron Gilberts point&click adventures (80ies). I'm excited about your project and other projects even if I don't post much.

I think it is very important to make stable mods that do not crash the game. When the game crashes, users lose trust in mods and then turn away altogether.

I guess you are right, nothing really dies on the Internet, there is always a group of people that continues the traditions :lol:

Wow, love the progress made on the new map. Also like the idea that Croft Manor is finally being implemented.

Thanks!

Mauritium

Wow! Loving the new forum design

MrSmarter22

Is this still being worked on?

Mauritium

Of course! Although I'm a little slow because my mouse broke 2 weeks ago and I can't move things correctly. Also I'm working a lot 😂

I was thinking about releasing the lara models, animations, sounds, (Basically, the character) so you guys can test things

By chance, do you guys know if it's possible to make swimable bodies of water, without messing with the sea chunks? I mean, like small pools, something similar to Glen Park in Los Santos

goodidea82
Posted (edited)

Good to hear you're working on it.

I would expect that when opening a map with MapEditor II you could see how the water pond is done.

Edited by goodidea82

MrSmarter22
Posted (edited)

I think it would be awesome if you could add villains such as Larson or Pierre as enemies.
Larson_TR5.jpg

Edited by MrSmarter22

Mauritium
Posted (edited)
On 6/26/2018 at 3:30 PM, goodidea82 said:

Good to hear you're working on it.

I would expect that when opening a map with MapEditor II you could see how the water pond is done.

That's great! I will investigate this topics in order to learn how to make better maps, thanks 😃

On 7/5/2018 at 7:02 AM, MrSmarter22 said:

I think it would be awesome if you could add villains such as Larson or Pierre as enemies.
Larson_TR5.jpg

They will be, although I'm having some problems ripping TR4 models because the .TR files are different from the previous games and the old software I'm using to extract them cannot read them. I think there is a way to convert them.

I'm sorry I'm not communicating a lot, I'm trying to update my PC because of work and I'm not working too much on the mod... Soon I will make a little pack with the skins I have till the moment, the animations, sounds, etc. so you can test them yourself :P

Thanks for being patient :p

Edited by Mauritium

Mauritium

Ok, here I have the pack I promised, sorry to kept you waiting 😰 having some problems at home and work...

I MUST mention, the Parkour mod and the weapon scroll animation mod are not made by me, I only modified it to make it look like the Tomb Raider games...

Hope you like it :)

LINK REMOVED BY STAFF

∴

Generally, mod packs are not allowed. Please obtain relevant credit and permission that you have received in order to edit somebody else's mod.

Mauritium
Posted (edited)

I higly recommendusing this mod in combination with DK22Pac's "IV Style Weapon Scrolling" and the "Parkour Mod" you can get in this video:

(It doesn't say the author's name, sorry!)

Edited by Mauritium
I F*ked up the font and the size by copying and pasting.

Mauritium

After years and years of playing, i JUST discovered, that if you press second click and shift, you enter on fight mode after cover, and you can walk in lateral motion. This is great news for precision jumps ^^

goodidea82

Thanks for posting the download link.

Consider uploading it to a gta-specific website (e.g. gtainside) because more people will see it and the links are persistent.