Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,091 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

metoxys

PSA regarding the performance of all of the new DLC vehicles

metoxys
Posted (edited)

Basically all of the new vehicles are going to be a lot slower than what the raw numbers would indicate

For racing purposes, don't buy any of the new cars unless you do your own testing beforehand or look at the testing results of other persons

These vehicles are all super expensive, so save your money

Here's more testing by my friendo adam10603:

And here's another vid by me showing what it means in practice:

Edited by metoxys

VolumeRX

Absolute f*cking disgrace from R*... why the f*ck would you slow down 2M$ supercars, to be slower than 500K cars, in a game in which top speed is already barely a 140MPH... f*cking assholes

BLACK DYNAM1TE

Only in the races, on the streets the Hotring Sabre feels like the fastest car in the game

Monkey_D_Dragon

Absolute f*cking disgrace from R*... why the f*ck would you slow down 2M$ supercars, to be slower than 500K cars, in a game in which top speed is already barely a 140MPH... f*cking assholes

On flat roads, do any of the new cars do 140? The old ones don't.

metoxys

On flat roads, do any of the new cars do 140? The old ones don't.

Haven't had the opportunity to test that yet, gotta wait for a scripthook update

AUScowboy

No, the new Entity tops out at 127MPH according to Broughy. I'm assuming that is the fastest of the vehicles released so far.

Rafae

The Sabre is a beast on straights too. Easily pushes 125, bordering on 130.

metoxys

No, the new Entity tops out at 127MPH according to Broughy. I'm assuming that is the fastest of the vehicles released so far.

The portion of the map that Broughy uses for his topspeed testing is not flat, it has quite a few elevation changes. Because of the handling flags, as I explain in the video, all of that hampers these cars. The top speed of these cars on a true flat surface, like what I use for my topspeed testing, should be a bit higher than that.

RetroStyle

This is ridiculous. They killed drifting for me. Everytime I use the handbrake to slide a corner, the engine cuts out. Leave it up to R* to ruin car speed and acceleration in a racing update. SMH r*. Im not buying another car, or even playing the game, until it gets fixed. :angry::v:

Dirty918

Doubt they care. They do this so when the new dripfeed super comes out it will be super fast,people buy it then they remove the restricter on the first batch of cars and poof the original released cars are faster than the one you just bought so then you need to buy ANOTHER car!

metoxys

Doubt they care. They do this so when the new dripfeed super comes out it will be super fast,people buy it then they remove the restricter on the first batch of cars and poof the original released cars are faster than the one you just bought so then you need to buy ANOTHER car!

This issue affects all of the vehicles in this update, including anything that will be dripfed.

AUScowboy

Yep, as the days and weeks pass more will notice, and hopefully complain/tweet/make tickets. Worst case scenario, it will be fixed in the next content update this summer. Best case, they can adjust/fix it via background scripts. Darkest scenario, it was intentional, tested and they have zero intention of changing anything..

Pedinhuh

I hope Kotaku makes an article about this so R* gets to see the size of the sh*t they just made by tinkering with stuff that was not needed.

HamwithCheese

Didn't they get rid of double clutching like two years ago? Then they added it in again? Now they've taken it out again? I guess you gotta fix what isn't broken.

Pedinhuh

Didn't they get rid of double clutching like two years ago? Then they added it in again? Now they've taken it out again? I guess you gotta fix what isn't broken.

Only for the new cars of this update and the Viseris, the rest of the cars are fine.

metoxys

Only for the new cars of this update and the Viseris, the rest of the cars are fine.

I can confirm this. It's only that specific advanced handling flag (the first significant bit, I explained this in my vid) that seems to mess up double clutching.

Mattoropael

Pariah: Bordering on 130? That's very cute.

Dragon_Of_Tragedy

Lol, you all act like you never bought a RE-7B before.

metoxys

Pariah: Bordering on 130? That's very cute.

The neutral top speed of the Pariah actually does border on 130. Its top speed on a flat and even road is 129.33 mph

RetroStyle

Was just testing my Viseris and the new cars. They cant even do a normal burnout by holding gas and brake. One wheel spins normal while the other wheel keeps locking up. SMH r*. Sad times for us car enthusiasts and racers. Hopefully they eliminate the ridiculous "Advanced flags" script ASAP.

mort1

So, rockstar made these cars worse on purpose, WTF?

jdv95

It simply HAS to be fixed next tuesday.

not only does this glitch make the prices

Of these cars a scam,it Also Will most

Likely ruin the performance of the ellie!

Can't they just fix the exploit (curb boosting)

Without slowing down the cars even when you are not in a race?

AUScowboy
Posted (edited)

Yeesh.. it really is ruining these cars for me :( What made them think this was even remotely a decent idea? What were they trying to achieve with this BS?!

Edited by AUScowboy

MeisterJazz

Is it possible for them to hot patch this? Its a scam tbh.

KD142000

R*, you have failed us, yet again. How stupid are the devs? Do they even think about things, anymore?

Shove RDR2 up your ass until you fix this! At this point, I wouldn't trust them to wash a sock, let alone make another game!

King™
Posted (edited)

Without the advanced flags, IIRC a fair few of these cars would be top of their class or extremely close to. (Except for things like the Taipan, that's just... Slow.) Some of them are still somewhat competitive as they are. They're just.. A little later in the update.

This definitely was not an unintentional development, it was just poorly implemented. They were trying to fix kerb boosting (realism, yay) and instead accidentally nerfed the cars more than they meant to.

I would like to see the handling flags to be removed and a slight nerf to the stats of the cars (which would still be a buff compared to how they are now). But if anything they'll probably just remove the advanced flags and call it a day.

Edited by King™

metoxys

Without the advanced flags, IIRC a fair few of these cars would be top of their class or extremely close to. (Except for things like the Taipan, that's just... Slow.) Some of them are still somewhat competitive as they are. They're just.. A little later in the update.

This definitely was not an unintentional development, it was just poorly implemented. They were trying to fix kerb boosting (realism, yay) and instead accidentally nerfed the cars more than they meant to.

I would like to see the handling flags to be removed and a slight nerf to the stats of the cars (which would still be a buff compared to how they are now). But if anything they'll probably just remove the advanced flags and call it a day.

The way I see it, without these handling flags, the only OP cars would be the Jester Classic, the Tyrant, and maybe the Tezeract. The Dominator GTX would be well-balanced at the top of Muscles and the Flash GT could possibly beat the Comet Safari as a Sports class rally car.

King™

The way I see it, without these handling flags, the only OP cars would be the Jester Classic, the Tyrant, and maybe the Tezeract. The Dominator GTX would be well-balanced at the top of Muscles and the Flash GT could possibly beat the Comet Safari as a Sports class rally car.

Eh, I guess I'm having "selective memory" then.

Now I think about it, actually, it makes more sense that they wouldn't want there to be such an effect..

Regardless, definitely should be addressed through some sort of fix soon.

MARINA

Nothing should be nerfed, if vehicles become too OP either re-class them or start adding better performing vehicles. Hell, buff some older vehicles

Mattoropael
Posted (edited)

A logical, simple fix would be giving these flags to every land vehicle, then increase engine power by a bit to all affected vehicles (including the new cars) to compensate for the lost speed that you used to get from just driving on a road.

The flags are evidently working, but they're simply killing these new cars without fixing the problem when they're the only ones that get them.

Edited by Mattoropael