Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,242 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

AiraCobra

The GTAO: Southern San Andreas Super Sport Series

ShadowlessDevil
15 minutes ago, Rafae said:

Well, at least this drip feed  (minus the JC) is officially over. Hopefully they're fixing the Jester Classic and release it with the next update or even better, via a hotfix (if possible) during the next few weeks.

This DLC was tedious! I'm glad it's over...

StormerBoy

What have we had today, transform races, content creator update or both?

Doesn't the next update need to come out in June, before their financial quarter ends?

Rafae

Both.

Next update's been delayed to either July or August. Most likely July.

StormerBoy

Funny how they broke their transform release schedule then, just to delay it by one week. So after today there is only one thing left to release, the car. I wonder what they'll do to keep the us entertained for the next month or so? I hope that vip work double money compensation hasn't harmed our chances of getting double money on cars, heists or dd heists before the next update.

ShadowlessDevil
54 minutes ago, Rafae said:

Both.

Next update's been delayed to either July or August. Most likely July.

Dumb move by Rockstar IMO to delay DLC unelss they put another filler DLC until the next big one or  they will most  put business double 2rp and money every week when the tunables update.. 

Rafae

The car might even be coming with the next update, who knows. Or maybe they're just tinkering with it to still release it with the current drip feed over the next few weeks.

ShadowlessDevil
2 minutes ago, StormerBoy said:

Funny how they broke their transform release schedule then, just to delay it by one week. So after today there is only one thing left to release, the car. I wonder what they'll do to keep the us entertained for the next month or so? I hope that vip work double money compensation hasn't harmed our chances of getting double money on cars, heists or dd heists before the next update.

Most probably they will put the different business'  double money and RP.. but at some point of the drags on until August for a new DLC people will get bored fast! I think the next DLC will drop in July

Rafae
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ShadowlessDevil said:

Dumb move by Rockstar IMO to delay DLC unelss they put another filler DLC until the next big one or  they will most  put business double 2rp and money every week when the tunables update.. 

Indeed. This is the first time since GTA Online launched that we won't be getting an update in June. Weird really, especially considering that ever since they abandoned last gen we've been getting regular updates in March, June and December (fall updates vary by month) every year.

This year is different though I understand, being that RDR2 comes out in fall and they most likely want attention on that for this month considering E3 is in June too.

This next update is supposed to be the biggest yet too though so I guess that makes the delay slightly more bearable.

Edited by Rafae

ShadowlessDevil
3 minutes ago, Rafae said:

Indeed. This is the first time since GTA Online launched that we won't be getting an update in June. Weird really, especially considering that ever since they abandoned last gen we've been getting regular updates in March, June and December (fall updates vary by month) every year.

This year is different though I understand, being that RDR2 comes out in fall and they most likely want attention on that for this month considering E3 is in June too.

This next update is supposed to be the biggest yet too though so I guess that makes the delay slightly more bearable.

Biggest and most probably the priciest as well.. we've had  double money and RP on business for the last month or so.. Wait a minute!!  If RDR2 is coming up in October wouldn't it be logical to have the DLC in July and have the  dripfeed until October? it would be 3 months. and in october it's the Halloween Tunables..

Rafae
1 minute ago, ShadowlessDevil said:

Biggest and most probably the priciest as well.. we've had  double money and RP on business for the last month or so.. Wait a minute!!  If RDR2 is coming up in October wouldn't it be logical to have the DLC in July and have the  dripfeed until October? it would be 3 months. and in october it's the Halloween Tunables..

Yep, pretty sure that's why they did it but I recall Yan saying how it's supposedly two content updates in one so I wouldn't be surprised if the drip feed stretches to the end of the year. That way they won't have to put out any more new title updates for GTAO this year since they'll be so occupied with RDR2 during the fall/winter.

StormerBoy

Well we know there surely won't be any updates in Sep, Oct or Nov due to RDR2. Something in Dec I would think. So that leaves us with the July update, which will be covering what would normally be the June and Aug/Sep updates.

ferguson99

Some of these YouTube nerds need to get to school...… instead of bunking off, when it "update Tuesday" 

Every week they blabbing B.S about this Jester classic. (fuming)

Rafae
Posted (edited)

I'll be surprised if we get an actual update for GTAO in December this year. Logic tells me Rockstar will be focused primarily on RDR2 and RDO.

Edited by Rafae

ShadowlessDevil
24 minutes ago, ferguson99 said:

Some of these YouTube nerds need to get to school...… instead of bunking off, when it "update Tuesday" 

Every week they blabbing B.S about this Jester classic. (fuming)

Or when they say, " I have no idea why Rockstar is doing this"  No kidding as if they'll tell you the reason.  

Cheesy_wotsit
Posted (edited)

I'll be surprised if we get an actual update for GTAO in December this year. Logic tells me Rockstar will be focused primarily on RDR2 and RDO.

Seems logical that they would give an update that will span over the release period of RDR2 and a month to three past it, they will then be able to judge just weather or not RDR2 is going to be the wallet hoover that GTAO has turned in to. I wouldn't be shocked to find that Rcokstar have some emergency low effort content that they could throw in to GTAO if it turns out that RDR2 and it's online content isn't drawing the cash that they seem to have gotten so accustomed to with GTAO. This way they can keep the cash flowing in until they are able to come up with some new DLC for GTAO. If on the other hand RDRO proves to be the money maker GTAO is (I seriously doubt it given that Rcokstar have all but pissed away any good will they had with long term fans) then watch as Rcokstar drop GTAO faster than a mouldy dog turd.

Edited by Cheesy_wotsit
None of your business mate!

Rafae

Yeah but they're not gonna put out a huge GTAO update right after RDR2 comes out. That makes no sense whatsoever.

Commander S

Yup - particularly because RDO has now been more-or-less confirmed, along with a good idea of the kind of DLC things they might add (horses, outfits, weapons, camp styles, etc.).

Even if they fall back on a more traditional model of weapon/costume/etc. packs as paid cosmetic DLC, rather than a GTAO-style microtransaction approach (which, considering how lucrative GTAO has been, I don't see them doing...), they're going to want to plug the immediate post-launch stuff pretty hard, in order to 'strike while the iron is hot', even if the game doesn't get the kind of longer-term support that GTAO has had.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a 2014-style smaller Festive Surprise this year - just enough to add things like a free mask and whatnot, because people will be miffed if there isn't something (odds of it being vaguely Western-themed, like a red cowboy hat with snowflakes on it? :pp). Maybe they'll wait until June to kick off with GTAO updates again (or not, depending on how RDO fares) - but yeah, I think it's a safe bet that it'll be wall-to-wall Red Dead from October until ...maybe sometime in 2019.

(...come to think of it, will RDO get a Festive Surprise as well?)

Bruce Khansey

I think this is the worst DLC ever released.

FuturePastNow
9 hours ago, Bruce Khansey said:

Have to agree. I like cars that are fast, handle well, and look cool, but I don't care at all about racing them.

They screwed up the former with botched handling files and gave us nothing new to do but the latter. I can forgive weak content if they get the cars right, and I can forgive weak cars if they give me engaging content. SSASSS got neither right.

Commander S
On 6/20/2018 at 2:54 PM, Bruce Khansey said:

Counterpoint: no research, only one armed vehicle, no orbital cannon...

Don't get me wrong: it's definitely 'not good' - but it's just 'underwhelmingly bad' not 'game-breakingly bad', at least... :turn: