2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

AiraCobra

The GTAO: Southern San Andreas Super Sport Series

Driver92

I dont get why people still moaning about a free DLC to an 5 year old game ,like "hello? it is free and the game is already 5 years old. be happy with what you get !"

Rafae

It's not five years old yet lol chill

kenmy13999

They're not even free, they're free to download but are funded by shark cards aka no shark card sales, no updates ;)

Driver92
Posted (edited)

i havent payed another dollar than the original game for ps3 and then for ps4.
Whoever buys those sharkcards really has too much money so thanks for financing my fun, at least i still have fun playing gta, instead of others probably online 24/7 and moaning that they dont.

What i did after a while was creating a new account to start from the ground up again and also that was fun. So its important how and how often one plays this game i guess.

Edited by Driver92

MajorVienna
Posted (edited)

Can't seem to private message other people ingame now (PC). Not sure when it was removed but the option just isn't there when you select another player in contacts.

Hats look even bigger now?

Edited by MajorVienna

StormerBoy

So the weather options have been updated in jobs eg races. I tried turning on rain at night, I think this is previously the one that never happened. It was said that the game couldn't handle those two combined, but I guess it can?

Rafae

So the weather options have been updated in jobs eg races. I tried turning on rain at night, I think this is previously the one that never happened. It was said that the game couldn't handle those two combined, but I guess it can?

Yes, they said in the Newswire they added new weather options for races.

Commander S

I dont get why people still moaning about a free DLC to an 5 year old game ,like "hello? it is free and the game is already 5 years old. be happy with what you get !"

Two words:

Opportunity cost.

As in, whenever R* makes something, that's time/resources/manpower that can't be spent on something else. So, when R* puts out supercar after supercar, that's coming at the cost of something different that people might actually want more. Or if R* decides to pad out a drip-feed with over a dozen vehicles, that's less time/effort/oversight than if they did 4-5 vehicles, but done with care, and with more meaningful customisation.

And with that being the case, the price is irrelevant - because it'd still be true if the game had paid DLC packs. Every time R* puts in stuff that doesn't work, or that no-one was asking for (particularly at this point in time, when GTAO has been out for nearly half a decade), think about what they could have done instead.

StormerBoy

Yes, they said in the Newswire they added new weather options for races. Yeah but I'm thinking of the time of day vs weather combinations that were perviously thought not possible? 🤔

Two words:

Opportunity cost.

As in, whenever R* makes something, that's time/resources/manpower that can't be spent on something else. So, when R* puts out supercar after supercar, that's coming at the cost of something different that people might actually want more. Or if R* decides to pad out a drip-feed with over a dozen vehicles, that's less time/effort/oversight than if they did 4-5 vehicles, but done with care, and with more meaningful customisation.

And with that being the case, the price is irrelevant - because it'd still be true if the game had paid DLC packs. Every time R* puts in stuff that doesn't work, or that no-one was asking for (particularly at this point in time, when GTAO has been out for nearly half a decade), think about what they could have done instead.

Exactly this. Same principle goes for when they give everyone a free 250k. If they didn't give free money, the cars would just be cheaper instead.

Monkeypolice188

Does anyone know if the higher EngineResistance value is worse or better to the vehicle? Some cars have 0.1, and the Hotring has 0.4. What's worse towards the car? My initial thinking was 0.1 would be lower if multiplying by a top speed or something, considering multiply anything a value lower than 1 means that a value closer to 1 is less of an affect.

rlk232
Posted (edited)

They really need to fix the handling flags. The xxr, taipan and tyrant are super expensive, so they cant be like dead last in races. I wasted money buying several more xxrs just to freeroam in but I expect theyll be fixed but it frankly seems they wont. Once you get a month in and 7 of 16 are out, itll either be fixed soon, much later, like in a few months or never. Nobody knows whatll come of it.

Edited by rlk232

ferguson99

If you want some of the best vehicles in GTAO, you have the put the effort in....... Not just play for half hour and whack on that gay "Fortnight"

kenmy13999

They really need to fix the handling flags. The xxr, taipan and tyrant are super expensive, so they cant be like dead last in races. I wasted money buying several more xxrs just to freeroam in but I expect theyll be fixed but it frankly seems they wont. Once you get a month in and 7 of 16 are out, itll either be fixed soon, much later, like in a few months or never. Nobody knows whatll come of it.

They most likely need a new update to fix it and it's well known that R* don't release a update just to fix this kind of things. The XXR and Taipan will probably never be any good at racing any way but they could be better than they are, they're not even drivable in freeroam imo..

This ruined the whole update for me and I agree that they need to fix it but don't hold your breath hoping anything will happen before the next update.. I actually believe they will fix it but time will tell

Dr.Rosenthal

^

Yes they probably wont fix the cars until next update, which is completely reasonable. But yeah they have to fix it. The Taipan feels like it never shifts up from 2nd gear, they honestly cant let a $2M car behave like that lol

SideStunt

The only car which should have been hit with the handling flag bullsh*ttery is the Pariah :lol:

StormerBoy

'Fixed an issue that resulted in cars turning invisible in Team GTA Races.'

What the hell is one of those? Do they mean a rally race, those can't be gta?

Verstappen

They are, I thought it was a glitch at the time. But it does exist, somehow.

StormerBoy

How weird. Why's it called team gta race and not rally gta race? I'll have to check that specific race, as I don't see it as an option on criminal records. Anyone know what dlc this dropped with?

ShotGunRain

Does anyone know if we will be getting any vehicles during this upcoming Tuesday? Thanks in advance!

EVOLUT7ON

Does anyone know if we will be getting any vehicles during this upcoming Tuesday? Thanks in advance!

Tyrant and Dominator GTX

StormerBoy
Posted (edited)

How weird. Why's it called team gta race and not rally gta race? I'll have to check that specific race, as I don't see it as an option on criminal records. Anyone know what dlc this dropped with?

Turns out that you can do this mode on criminal records, select gta race, scroll down and select teams on.

Seems the reason it isn't called a gta rally race is that the driver can see the checkpoints. Still would be interested to know when this dropped though?

Edited by StormerBoy

ShotGunRain

Tyrant and Dominator GTX

Chang

This whole "Super Sport" needs some more Super.

So far the "Super Sport" cars got no Super.

Nitrogen or remove flags.

New helmets?

How much longer till "Super Sport" is done? Cuz it's done.

Tyrant or Teraczk? Trick Retorical Question.

:) I Chang

Tye_Gordon_007

Jester classic needed livery's ITS A MUST and please it needs a huge fix overall, overflod tyrant need a massive scale down size (too huge), the vapid ellie was nice but missing a spoiler, a car without spoiler is almost not a car. The tezeract engine sound needs to be a little higher, ik its an electric car but it needs a bit of a higher sound, and as for the nascars well they are nice, but i feel like they shouldve made 1 other nascar model and both with the same speed, it works well. Other then that great update.

^

Yes they probably wont fix the cars until next update, which is completely reasonable. But yeah they have to fix it. The Taipan feels like it never shifts up from 2nd gear, they honestly cant let a $2M car behave like that lol

i definitively agree with this. Taipian is basically "a trash" i ignored that car like it never existed ... what a tragedy ..

Tye_Gordon_007

WHere is the 3 cars ! where is my jester CLASSIC >_<

rlk232

STILL no Jester Classic. Man, they are some of the worst business people I've ever seen.

Shadowfennekin
15 minutes ago, rlk232 said:

STILL no Jester Classic. Man, they are some of the worst business people I've ever seen.

It's not even a good car

Why hold it out?

ShadowlessDevil
4 hours ago, Shadowfennekin said:

It's not even a good car

Why hold it out?

So they can make the drip feed last longer haha

Rafae

Well, at least this drip feed  (minus the JC) is officially over. Hopefully they're fixing the Jester Classic and release it with the next update or even better, via a hotfix (if possible) during the next few weeks.

irish.chr

Anyone expecting the Jester to be "fixed" is going to be very disappointed. 

It was delayed to extend the drip feed. No other reason. If Yan was right about the next update being slightly delayed, it only makes sense to drag this out even longer.

When have R* ever changed a vehicle after it's been added? Apart from small things such as texture bugs, the answer is never.