4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

SILENCOM

Vapid GB200 Appreciation Thread

Fugitive69

How is the sound?

AUScowboy

Haven't enjoyed a sports car this much since the Omnis and Tropos. Very grateful that there are designers on the team that also seem to value retro rally/group A/B cars. Don't even mind the recycled engine note! It's taken some getting used to due to that sh*tty new flag that ruins acceleration and rev limit, as well as the suspension quirk and tendency to want to flip... those last two qualities are actually fun though as they only add to the realism of what I imagine a RS200 would handle like. There is a great video of Kenny Block driving his 200 around the canyons in Cali, you should see the dudes face when the turbo kicks in at an inopportune time: abject terror lol..

Until those sh*tty new flags are adjusted, I'll simply be pretending that the acceleration issue in first gear with midrange speed boost is turbo lag. It seems to happen sometimes even when not trying to MRSB..

wangsparkinglot

Man this thing is nifty.. Handles like it's on rails and is a great edition to to the tropos and omnis.

More of these and less of the generic supercars

Mach1bud

It's pretty detailed too. Turbo V6 in the back, working belts, with correct placement and routing of the turbo piping. Goes up into the roof scoop where the intercooler is on this car. Very cool stuff.

Shifty_Nifty

Whats with the silly handling??

After driving with it a bit more, i take it back, its actually very fun to drive.

Scottiedog123

It's pretty detailed too. Turbo V6 in the back, working belts, with correct placement and routing of the turbo piping. Goes up into the roof scoop where the intercooler is on this car. Very cool stuff.

The details are nice, shame they couldn't put the right engine in though. Drives just right for a GTA rally car. Nice liveries aswell. Overall.. good car,good car.

McGhee
Posted (edited)

Tried this car out on a few rally tracks I created and I must say I dont always like it. I find it very nose heavy for a mid engined car. As soon as it gets air time, the nose dives down immediately like a huge invisible hand pushes it down. Using the handbrake on tight corners result in huge oversteer, which feels more like the front wheels simply get glued to the surface. It does handle better than a Tropos Rally, but Im not gonna buy one.

Its a darn good ripoff of the original, though. Nice job!

Edited by McGhee

Panos Vl

2rbywzo.jpg33nbuh5.jpgou2n9x.jpg2qk849d.jpg

EkaSwede

Oh wow, I need to get this one as well. It can be sprunked!

Ryancoke66

This is such a fun car to drive around in. You can spin around so easily. I read somebody described it as zippy and I think that's the perfect way to describe her. You can also weave through traffic pretty.

Turning it into a buggy is pretty fun as well, I've been driving around FR in passive with it for the last half hour lol

WildBrick142

This thing is so cute! And it handles pretty well too, real fun to drive.

Mine's the gray one (the Sprunk one belongs to @Amy Vinewood)
kVzZxKS.png

nido997

so I did some minor changes here and there :

20180321173312_1.jpg

20180321173319_1.jpg

20180321173324_1.jpg

20180321173331_1.jpg

20180321173425_1.jpg

20180321173545_1.jpg

It still feels too "bouncy" , the suspensions are a bit too firm ....

AUScowboy
Posted (edited)

I went up to the second to last suspension option and it feels noticeably better, the competition option is too stiff and prone to flipping and the third option wasn't stiff enough for my tastes. Tuner/off road tires will help too if you're willing to part with the stock wheels.

Edited by AUScowboy

nido997

I went up to the second to last suspension option and it feels noticeably better, the competition option is too stiff and prone to flipping and the third option wasn't stiff enough for my tastes. Tuner/off road tires will help too if you're willing to part with the stock wheels.

I went with the second to last suspension option too , and it still felt too stiff IMO ... maybe tuner wheels would help a little bit ...

Partajeesus

No pics from me. Instead I made a video with rockstar editor using my own track.

Link to race (ps4): http://rsg.ms/41beb0b

The Collector

wd8pGQazPUyy-kfgidfCBg_0_0.jpg

MeisterJazz

I feel like I should've gotten this instead of those overpriced supercars.

EkaSwede

This car is really jumpy and twitchy. It accelerates really fast for the first gears, and it has this weird fast turning thing going on around with strangely bouncy wheels

I like it.

GradientDruid

yUtsNs97ME6w89nzv085RQ_0_0.jpg

U0HSWQK290eb3tNFYoqOhA_0_0.jpg

oUrdoAVLH0-2w3BdgoqzIQ_0_0.jpg

ZL8qhzSf8EmDIEB6XGYnEw_0_0.jpg

sXBw0_1wsEyxRCX8B2M1CQ_0_0.jpg

9OjSFwPYf0SeSNCOgpoAYQ_0_0.jpg

noboost4u
Posted (edited)

Hi all, I've been a long time admirer of the cars on these forums so decided to join on the community in support of it, so glad to be here. First of I'd like to say how much I love this car the RS200 is one of my most preferred cars of all time and I believe they did an amazing job on it, not unlike the atrocious representation of the Supra they are adding later on; however being this car isn't perfect either I may be just being a bit nit picky but the trailing arms on this car appear to be unevenly loaded so the left arm hangs lower also if anyone has one in a bright color or if you don't just go to los santos customs and scroll to ice white you will notice a little texture dot above the intercooler scoop in the car's color (so as long as you're viewing the car from the rear). Just little things I know but the little annoyances on this car are unfortunate considering the vehicle itself is proportioned and detailed nicely as is the engine bay even thought the block model is questionable and asking for the spare wheel is probably a little too much. Again great car it is as almost completely as good as a representation can get but just a little more care in it and it would be perfect (it's almost there!) Otherwise it is amazing and fun to drive. Thank you all.

Edited by noboost4u

Voodoo-Hendrix

Hi all, I've been a long time admirer of the cars on these forums so decided to join on the community in support of it, so glad to be here. First of I'd like to say how much I love this car the RS200 is one of my most preferred cars of all time and I believe they did an amazing job on it, not unlike the atrocious representation of the Supra they are adding later on; however being this car isn't perfect either I may be just being a bit nit picky but the trailing arms on this car appear to be unevenly loaded so the left arm hangs lower also if anyone has one in a bright color or if you don't just go to los santos customs and scroll to ice white you will notice a little texture dot above the intercooler scoop in the car's color (so as long as you're viewing the car from the rear). Just little things I know but the little annoyances on this car are unfortunate considering the vehicle itself is proportioned and detailed nicely as is the engine bay it is very nice (even though it lacks the spare wheel but I can forgive that) But it is a cam in block V8 with for some reason 6 induction pipes on top. Again great car it is as almost completely as good as a representation can get but just a little more care in it and it would be perfect (it's almost there!) I'd honestly just want them to fix the texture above the scoop and the arms and now hopefully the Supra sees adjustments as well because that thing just needs help. Thank you all.

Welcome to the forum man, enjoy your stay!

noboost4u

Hi all, I've been a long time admirer of the cars on these forums so decided to join on the community in support of it, so glad to be here. First of I'd like to say how much I love this car the RS200 is one of my most preferred cars of all time and I believe they did an amazing job on it, not unlike the atrocious representation of the Supra they are adding later on; however being this car isn't perfect either I may be just being a bit nit picky but the trailing arms on this car appear to be unevenly loaded so the left arm hangs lower also if anyone has one in a bright color or if you don't just go to los santos customs and scroll to ice white you will notice a little texture dot above the intercooler scoop in the car's color (so as long as you're viewing the car from the rear). Just little things I know but the little annoyances on this car are unfortunate considering the vehicle itself is proportioned and detailed nicely as is the engine bay it is very nice (even though it lacks the spare wheel but I can forgive that) But it is a cam in block V8 with for some reason 6 induction pipes on top. Again great car it is as almost completely as good as a representation can get but just a little more care in it and it would be perfect (it's almost there!) I'd honestly just want them to fix the texture above the scoop and the arms and now hopefully the Supra sees adjustments as well because that thing just needs help. Thank you all.

Welcome to the forum man, enjoy your stay!

Thank you Voodoo-Hendrix, appreciate the replay and welcome! And glad to do so, now to figure out how to contribute and post photos. lol

SILENCOM

Welcome!

Fugitive69

Its really fun to drive this, the only car that can lets you feel some adrenaline.

Though the only thing that bothers me is the unpaintable green safety belts in the interior. Its really f*cking annoying. Rockstar really has to always ruin everything with 1 small thing that could easily be fixed.

Lucho23433

Can you change the color of the stock rims via ifruit app?

oleg_aka_djmeg

gotta be the most atrocious car to drive in the entire game. seeing how people here actually like it and find it fun, i seem to understand why other people find ramming and driving backwards in races funny.

Dacelo

Easy cars aren't fun to drive.

Scottiedog123

gotta be the most atrocious car to drive in the entire game. seeing how people here actually like it and find it fun, i seem to understand why other people find ramming and driving backwards in races funny.

My ability to drive this car and enjoy it, has nothing to do with ramming or driving backwards, I don't do those things but I do enjoy this cars excellent handling.

oleg_aka_djmeg
Posted (edited)

that is true except if you talk about difficult cars, gb200 and viseris would fall into the realm of artificial difficulty because they have retarded suspension settings. something like the dominator or the mamba would be an actual difficult to drive car.

My ability to drive this car and enjoy it, has nothing to do with ramming or driving backwards, I don't do those things but I do enjoy this cars excellent handling.

i meant it in "to each their own" way. Edited by oleg_aka_djmeg

Voodoo-Hendrix

Can you change the color of the stock rims via ifruit app?

Yep you can!