2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

metoxys

Cheval Taipan Appreciation Thread

Maxxi

I'm still trying to figure out how this is a "Cheval".

Cheval is based on Holden. this is not a Holden at all

Cheval is basically Chevy. This is seemingly based on the Hennessey Venom F5, and Hennessey is known for using Chevy motors (I believe the LS6 is used?). It also gives them a reason to call it the Taipan, a reference to the Venom it is based on.

RetroStyle

Cheval is basically Chevy. This is seemingly based on the Hennessey Venom F5, and Hennessey is known for using Chevy motors (I believe the LS6 is used?). It also gives them a reason to call it the Taipan, a reference to the Venom it is based on.

The Venom is literally a modified lotus elise. If anything it should be an ocelot since the ardent is a lotus. Or maybe an invetero since thats who makes coquette. Of all the chevy brands in gta (cheval, declase, invetero, etc) they pick the one that fits the least lol. But R* logic intervened the same way they ruined the speed/acceleration of all the cars in a racing update with the rotten "Advanced flags" script. SMH

JR_Death

40917207792_d501c7d909_o_d.jpg

40917206962_b2460a8afe_o_d.jpg

40917206512_04c3e760e8_o_d.jpg

Cutter De Blanc

I'd buy this car if it weren't broken. It looks tough, and my character has a soft spot for American Super cars anyway.

Maxxi

The Venom is literally a modified lotus elise. If anything it should be an ocelot since the ardent is a lotus. Or maybe an invetero since thats who makes coquette. Of all the chevy brands in gta (cheval, declase, invetero, etc) they pick the one that fits the least lol. But R* logic intervened the same way they ruined the speed/acceleration of all the cars in a racing update with the rotten "Advanced flags" script. SMHThe Venom GT is based on a Lotus, yes. The F5 Venom is an all new design, though, and, typical to the Hennessey brand, uses Chevy performance to power their machines. Saying it should have been an Ocelot because the previous version of the real life counterpart was based on a Lotus makes zero sense.

Chrome Toyota Prius

I wish I didn't randomly throw matte paint on mine. It makes it look like it's made out of cheap plastic.

Jimrod

I wish I didn't randomly throw matte paint on mine. It makes it look like it's made out of cheap plastic.

Whack a pearlescent on the matte to fix that. 😊

KingBen

77ZAynW8C0ajTWVSmOxYWg_0_0_small.jpg

Love the looks of this car.

Dacelo

Declasse is Chevy, Cheval is mostly Holden with a little chevy influence in the Picador

Maxxi

Declasse is Chevy, Cheval is mostly Holden with a little chevy influence in the PicadorCheval Surge as well (Chevy Volt)

Bobfakkel
2h6d8ah.jpg

Davisbruh

Anyone got an opinion on the sound?

ajheadshot777

Meh.

But in all fairness, I was driving the XA-21 around for awhile beforehand... so my opinion may be a tad much subjective. :D

Cypher617

This car looks...idk...like a cute girl with big ass feet....something ain't quite right

Chang

Looks like two different cars smushed together from the middle.

It's a hunk of steel.

An associate I hired was drivings me to briefcase location, and I kept screaming "Go ANY faster!!?" into the mic.

Like the horsie logo, that's all i appreciate.

Non starter.

:) I Chang

Mattoropael

The Venom is literally a modified lotus elise. If anything it should be an ocelot since the ardent is a lotus. Or maybe an invetero since thats who makes coquette. Of all the chevy brands in gta (cheval, declase, invetero, etc) they pick the one that fits the least lol. But R* logic intervened the same way they ruined the speed/acceleration of all the cars in a racing update with the rotten "Advanced flags" script. SMH
The Venom GT is based on a Lotus, yes. The F5 Venom is an all new design, though, and, typical to the Hennessey brand, uses Chevy performance to power their machines. Saying it should have been an Ocelot because the previous version of the real life counterpart was based on a Lotus makes zero sense.

And then you realize the sheer irony of it being slower on a track than an electric Elise.

TheBricktop

Wanted to take it for a short ride but decided I don't have that much time and went on foot

Maxxi

The Venom GT is based on a Lotus, yes. The F5 Venom is an all new design, though, and, typical to the Hennessey brand, uses Chevy performance to power their machines. Saying it should have been an Ocelot because the previous version of the real life counterpart was based on a Lotus makes zero sense.

And then you realize the sheer irony of it being slower on a track than an electric Elise.

We weren't talking performance. We were discussing the name and where it might have come from.

RetroStyle
Posted (edited)

Saying it should be a cheval instead of an invetero (which makes the corvette in game) makes even less sense. Also the F5's engine is completely new made by Hennessey themselves. It literally has no ties to any other car manufacturer, so there goes that argument.

Edited by RetroStyle

Maxxi

Also the F5's engine is completely new made by Hennessey themselves. It literally has no ties to any other car manufacturer, so there goes that argument.

I actually did not know that about the F5. Interesting.

RetroStyle

Also the F5's engine is completely new made by Hennessey themselves. It literally has no ties to any other car manufacturer, so there goes that argument.

Its a pretty bold move. Theyre doing everything in house on the F5. I wonder what kind of longevity they can get out of a 1600hp engine?

Pedinhuh

I decided to bite the bullet and not wait for a discount, I have to say I'm enjoying the car a lot!

For ONCE I can see the dials of the dashboard of this type of interior, and I didn't knew it had a digital speedometer in the middle! That's a very cool detail!

Acceleration is ass and handling is Meh at best, but I have no complaints about top speed, if the speedo is any indication, this car averages a top speed of 130MPH on a straight line in a flat surface, not bad at all!

FOV inside the car is great as well, no complains there either.

Tuning parts are OK, I don't like that the stock spoiler doesn't give it traction boost, there should be a option to remove the spoiler, and there should be some liveries options(though I can understand why, the F5 is not released yet and there are no race versions of it).

I used the black license plate on it and I can barely notice it's odd placement on the back bumper.

My only real complaint is the engine sound, it's just too generic - This car deserved a sound like the monstrous V8 the real deal has.

mrgstrings
Posted (edited)

Meh.

But in all fairness, I was driving the XA-21 around for awhile beforehand... so my opinion may be a tad much subjective. :D

Even the XXR sounds better.

Edited by mrgstrings

Maxxi

Its a pretty bold move. Theyre doing everything in house on the F5. I wonder what kind of longevity they can get out of a 1600hp engine?Yea that has got to be expensive to maintain. That much force being exerted at such a high rate probably won't be very pretty in a few years.

Pedinhuh
Posted (edited)

I'm quite sure most turbocharged hypercar engines would not get past the 60k miles without a rebuild, and it's not like those who can buy those things wouldn't have enough money for it.

Hell, how much can a AMG's P1 engine is expected to last again? 25k miles?

Edited by Pedinhuh

Davisbruh

Meh.

Even the XXR sounds better.

What engine sound did they reuse for this?

Cutter De Blanc
Posted (edited)

I bugged them about it and Rockstar support asked me for a video of the car not going fast.

I bought one to see, and the car does feel broken, it doesn't seem to want to open up past 130mph but it feels like it should be able to and that the engine is being limited. Raced it against my Bullet in a drag race, it got the exact same time.

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

Pedinhuh

There she is, my newfound love:

TJWoEzrth0ir0MseH18rWg_0_0.jpg

hjcBKQDi5kGypyHgxlOy5w_0_0.jpg

eBYeNQ7pjUeCHxg715id9w_0_0.jpg

I love this interior and the dials

ZalPz_zst0ybLsxXvlNfag_0_0.jpg

I don't even mind the lacking performance, I came 4th place at the end of this race, gained about 6 positions because randoms are idiots.

My only real complaint is the engine sound, it's to weak and generic for it(for anyone wondering, it sounds just like the Turismo R and the Carbonizarre)

rlk232
Posted (edited)

It's bizarrely big, odd looking, terrible at racing and inordinately expensive. Trump will take 11.

'

EDIT: FIX IT COKSTAR!

Edited by rlk232

Cutter De Blanc

A car this big should sound bigger.

It drives like someone is crushing it's balls though, so maybe that's just the sound the car makes when it's castrated