3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

WildBrick142

Hotring Sabre Appreciation Thread

Arrows to Athens
Posted (edited)

I hate how clutch kicking this thing makes it slower. It's just such a nuisance, because I've gotten so used to clutch kicking most of my cars. Rockstar need to fix their sh*t.

That advanced flags thing is not only detrimental to the new cars performance, it's also useless.

You can curb boost in this thing for days.

I've noticed you can't clutch kick the Viseris anymore as well. What the f*ck are they doing? Why do they love finding new ways to f*ck everything up?

It's all over the forums I am suprised you haven't noticed. All of the cars in this update are like that plus the Viseris.

All of the cars have significantly reduced performance due to some new stuff they put into the code. Many of us think it will be removed due to all the complaints.

But the Viseris wasn't even part of this update; it was part of the Doomsday Heist update, and that's what baffles me. I'm well aware that the cars in this update are affected by something in the handling files, but the Viseris isn't part of this update. Its top speed was nerfed in this update, yes, but for some reason, they messed up its ability to clutch kick. I thought this issue only affected the cars from this update? Unless the top speed patch somehow caused it, because prior to the Viseris' patch, you could clutch kick it.

Edited by Arrows to Athens

Mach1bud

I hate how clutch kicking this thing makes it slower. It's just such a nuisance, because I've gotten so used to clutch kicking most of my cars. Rockstar need to fix their sh*t.

That advanced flags thing is not only detrimental to the new cars performance, it's also useless.

You can curb boost in this thing for days.

I've noticed you can't clutch kick the Viseris anymore as well. What the f*ck are they doing? Why do they love finding new ways to f*ck everything up?
It's all over the forums I am suprised you haven't noticed. All of the cars in this update are like that plus the Viseris.

All of the cars have significantly reduced performance due to some new stuff they put into the code. Many of us think it will be removed due to all the complaints.

But the Viseris wasn't even part of this update; it was part of the Doomsday Heist update. Its top speed was nerfed in this update, but for some reason, they messed up its ability to clutch kick. I thought this issue only affected the cars from this update?

All the update cars plus the Viseris. It did not get the same new lines of code as the new cars, but has all the identical symptoms. Lower top speed. Short shifting. Slows down over bumps. Clutch kicking gone. Has bouncy suspension now.

So somehow they altered the Viseris in the background the same way they did all the new cars.

Arrows to Athens

All the update cars plus the Viseris. It did not get the same new lines of code as the new cars, but has all the identical symptoms. Lower top speed. Short shifting. Slows down over bumps. Clutch kicking gone. Has bouncy suspension now.

So somehow they altered the Viseris in the background the same way they did all the new cars.

Well, the Viseris did feel weird when driving it after the update, so you have a point there. It reached top speed quite fast, too, since it skipped gears, which is what indicates the shirt shifting, I believe?

"So somehow they altered the Viseris in the background the same way they did all the new cars."

Exactly what I'm thinking. The patch somehow gave the Viseris the SSASSS vehicle symptoms.

"Slows down over bumps"

By bumps, do you mean curbs, also? Because from what I've seen, you can still curb boost perfectly fine with the Hotring. Not sure about the cars, though.

Mach1bud
Posted (edited)

Well, the Viseris did feel weird when driving it after the update, so you have a point there. It reached top speed quite fast, too, since it skipped gears, which is what indicates the shirt shifting, I believe?

"So somehow they altered the Viseris in the background the same way they did all the new cars."

Exactly what I'm thinking. The patch somehow gave the Viseris the SSASSS vehicle symptoms.

"Slows down over bumps"

By bumps, do you mean curbs, also? Because from what I've seen, you can still curb boost perfectly fine with the Hotring. Not sure about the cars, though.

Yes curb boosting. Ironically the Hotring is one of the only cars that does not have that one particular line of code that makes it slow down over bumps. Idk why they ommited it like that specifically. All the rest, the new supers, GB200, Ellie, and Viseris slow down when they hit bumps. You can literally hear the engine cut out for a second.

Here is the topic all about it. If you watch the two videos in the OP they show what Rockstar has done pretty well.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/907171-psa-regarding-the-performance-of-all-of-the-new-dlc-vehicles/page-1

Edited by Mach1bud

Arrows to Athens

"Slows down over bumps"

Yes curb boosting. Ironically the Hotring is one of the only cars that does not have that one particular line of code that makes it slow down over bumps. Idk why they ommited it like that specifically. All the rest, the new supers, GB200, Ellie, and Viseris slow down when they hit bumps. You can literally hear the engine cut out for a second.

Here is the topic all about it. If you watch the two videos in the OP they show what Rockstar has done pretty well.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/907171-psa-regarding-the-performance-of-all-of-the-new-dlc-vehicles/page-1

Man, Rockstar is stupid.

Gt3655

This car looks great. I competed in hotring races.. if only the majority of randoms I encounter weren't trash I'd enjoy the races more. Oh well

Bravado Buffalo
Posted (edited)

Burger Shot livery looks nice.

41278968841_3756632cb1_o_d.png

26407101447_85534a5f29_o_d.png

41235649202_c15bce3eb1_o_d.png

27406384638_d4dbe0d4d7_o_d.png

41235636112_47b81a8c46_o_d.png

41278978081_a12bfdf5a2_o_d.png

27406315258_c531443c79_o_d.png

26407119537_41cbea6e03_o_d.png

39469205150_485529ac5a_o_d.png

Edited by Bravado Buffalo

AUScowboy
Posted (edited)

I love this car, and when they fix clutch dropping/midrange speed boost it will be PERFECT. I spent most of my time driving the Hotring on the courses R* made for it, I was surprised by how fun it is to drive in street races once you master using it's downforce in larger corners. It's like a faster, much more manageable Drift Tampa in regards to handling while driving in races around a course. Hopefully they remove the flags and it'll feel even better..

Edited by AUScowboy

nmk111

bm3kKvz.jpg

Ln017Mr.jpg

ReE7k9t.jpg

1VzbLYC.jpg

qI2K0dt.jpg

zjIqTXM.jpg

8CO6RxL.jpg

ZLsooaC.jpg

SAS_Intruder

My only complaint is, like with most racing cars, that we didn't get civilian or stock version. I would really enjoy this car in its stock form.

GreatestBrand

Late to the party here, but very cool to see a thread for this. Definitely my favorite car. Literally bought 1 of every paintscheme. Love doing the races, just wish they were on more realistic tracks. Looking for people to race with on xbox.

CrysisAverted
Posted (edited)

My only complaint is, like with most racing cars, that we didn't get civilian or stock version. I would really enjoy this car in its stock form.

But its already, literally; a stock car :^)

yPWn7xP.png?1

Edited by CrysisAverted

mjace72

I went with the red, white, and blue Patriot beer sponsored version. Only car I didn't change the wheels/tires on and my new favorite. Passes Vagner and Autarch as my go to sightseer ride. It has doors though. A little Dukes Of Hazzard window entrance animation would have taken it to an even higher coolness level but certainly not a complaint from me. Anyone that cruised the original State of San Andreas with CJ in the hotring racer will enjoy this one. Great addition to this game.

AFO28

The handling and mannerisms of this car really reminds me to Daytona USA. It even kind of bounces around like the Daytona USA cars did.

On the liveries, that's one thing I haven't looked into. Do any of the mystery liveries match Daytona USA liveries?

I think there isn't a livery based on the Hornet High Class from Daytona USA, sadly.

Missed opportunity :(

Automatic:

b785734561f730b1ed17f54d6f92fada-d30nk7j

Manual:

9d84d85ce6b91bae73144062e476933e-d30nk37

[YouTube]

[/YouTube]

Hornet.jpg

Ahhh the classic Daytona USA Hornet, indeed it was a missed oportunity from R* part :/

The livery I have on my Hotring Sabre is the #65 Lucky Plucker with a Blue base color

Sure it's not exactly the same as the Hornet High-Class but the paint scheme really does give me flashbacks :D

Here's a pic:

zIXONwy.jpg

carnerd3000

Does anyone think we could get a Karin Hotring Racer, based off the Toyota Camry stock car?

Mach1bud

Does anyone think we could get a Karin Hotring Racer, based off the Toyota Camry stock car?

Highly doubtful. We got this car because it was in San Andreas, and nostalgia sells shark cards.

Even if they did do a modern Nascar (Toyota wasn't in Nascar until recently) they would still probably do one of the more popular Ford, Chevy, or Dodge variants.

A truck series version based on the Yosemite body would be cool too.

Voodoo-Hendrix

vBCyIfv.jpg

MeisterJazz

Im tryna recreate this for my transformers garage. Can anybody help me pick out the proper liveries?

TF3Chicago7-18ColinH22.jpg

D9fred95

vBCyIfv.jpg

Technically the GTA IV Sabre would be the true civilian version but yeah, the Faction is the next best thing.

Voodoo-Hendrix

Im tryna recreate this for my transformers garage. Can anybody help me pick out the proper liveries?

The E-Cola livery it's a perfect fit for the first one from left to right.

MeisterJazz

What about the others?

SideStunt

What about the others?Try these:

Leadfoot - 25 eCola as suggested by Voodoo-Hendrix, or 39 Globe Oil

Roadbuster - 42 Logger Light, 20 Meinmacht or 5 Power Metal

Topspin - 56 Device or 43 Rainé

MeisterJazz

What about the others?
Try these:

Leadfoot - 25 eCola as suggested by Voodoo-Hendrix, or 39 Globe Oil

Roadbuster - 42 Logger Light, 20 Meinmacht or 5 Power Metal

Topspin - 56 Device or 43 Rainé

THX :colgate:

AFO28

The handling and mannerisms of this car really reminds me to Daytona USA. It even kind of bounces around like the Daytona USA cars did.

On the liveries, that's one thing I haven't looked into. Do any of the mystery liveries match Daytona USA liveries?

I think there isn't a livery based on the Hornet High Class from Daytona USA, sadly.

Automatic:

Manual:

[YouTube]

[/YouTube]

Hornet.jpg

I don't know if this is the place to post this but since this is a Hotring Sabre Apprecciation Thread, I guess it's fitting :)

Yesterday I spend a bit of time working on a Custom Lore-Friendly skin for the Sabre, and now...the Hotring Sabre has a proper Livery in honor of the Daytona USA Hornet!

1qRdoix.jpg

YJ5IwZw.jpg

If you're interested to use this on your GTAV on PC, here's the link: https://www.gta5-mods.com/paintjobs/lore-friendly-livery-41-sabre-sport-class

Sorry if this is not the right thread for me to post this :/

Voodoo-Hendrix

Automatic:

Manual:

[YouTube]

[/YouTube]

Hornet.jpg

I don't know if this is the place to post this but since this is a Hotring Sabre Apprecciation Thread, I guess it's fitting :)

Yesterday I spend a bit of time working on a Custom Lore-Friendly skin for the Sabre, and now...the Hotring Sabre has a proper Livery in honor of the Daytona USA Hornet!

1qRdoix.jpg

YJ5IwZw.jpg

If you're interested to use this on your GTAV on PC, here's the link: https://www.gta5-mods.com/paintjobs/lore-friendly-livery-41-sabre-sport-class

Sorry if this is not the right thread for me to post this :/

Don't worry, this is the perfect thread to post this, good job btw, that's beautiful!

I love the Hornet/Sabre analogue, it's pretty clever!

Wish I had a PC tho :(