2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Maddrapper

Vapid Dominator GTX Appreciation Thread

Pedinhuh

This car. SMH. It's mostly attractive and I can get past the fact that it's about half my real-life ride, half something else entirely (a modern Challenger, I think). Other people have been living with that for a long time, so I can too.

But that overhanging hood. I can't get past it. I have no idea what the modeller was thinking, it just looks so STUPID. From the side it looks like the hood is a weapon of some kind, and from an even slightly overhead front view, the headlights completely disappear. Why not just do it the way the current Mustangs do? I can't get over this. Every time I see a pic of one from the side, all I can think is, "Bruh, your hood is about a foot too long."

The hood comes from the 2017 Mustang GTT.

However, the radiator grille doesn't come from the GTT and that's what is wrong.

However, the radiator grille doesn't come from the GTT and that's what is wrong.

Ju Da Goo
Posted (edited)

His post was about the hood. That's what I commented on.

Edited by Ju Da Goo

MikeyDLuffy

Its a bit too easy to win muscle races with this thing.

Pedinhuh

How? With the flags this has a lower top speed than the OG Dominator, the Dominator Racecar smokes it in its current state.

Nutduster
Posted (edited)

This car. SMH. It's mostly attractive and I can get past the fact that it's about half my real-life ride, half something else entirely (a modern Challenger, I think). Other people have been living with that for a long time, so I can too.

But that overhanging hood. I can't get past it. I have no idea what the modeller was thinking, it just looks so STUPID. From the side it looks like the hood is a weapon of some kind, and from an even slightly overhead front view, the headlights completely disappear. Why not just do it the way the current Mustangs do? I can't get over this. Every time I see a pic of one from the side, all I can think is, "Bruh, your hood is about a foot too long."

The GTT hood looks far less ridiculous. It's still flush with the headlights on the outsides, so when you view the car from above the lights aren't hidden by it. It overhangs far less. And it has a support piece underneath so it doesn't appear like it's going to snap off eventually. (I prefer the stock Mustang design over the GTT, but this still looks so much better than the Dominator GT's hood.)

The other thing with the GTT is that the entire front end design appears to be extended out so the lines are maintained, the hood curving down at the end into the rest of the front. This new Dominator, the hood juts out so much more than the rest of the front - the lines are utterly f*cked up by it.

Zero-to-60-Designs-Ford-Mustang-GTT-with

Reposting someone else's image here for comparison. This is just not a good model in the front, IMO:

8lOYio.png

Edited by Nutduster

MikeyDLuffy

How? With the flags this has a lower top speed than the OG Dominator, the Dominator Racecar smokes it in its current state.

Perhaps the competition was poor. The GTX does stick to the ground where the og Dominator requires practice.

HamwithCheese

Gtt isn't exactly the best looking mustang, they did make the hood extension less pronounced by extending the front bumper design and adding little "supports" next to the headlights. Whereas the gtx sort of does the opposite of that.

Pedinhuh

Perhaps the competition was poor. The GTX does stick to the ground where the og Dominator requires practice.

The track I raced was Trench II, it's nothing but 4 long straights connected by 4 sharp bends and a division in one of the straights. The track is all about top speed.

So I can understand why the guy using GTX bit the dust.

Fox2Quick

Definitely feels like it was supposed to be a Benny car. Its almost like theres supposed to be a front bumper that would fit the arches. Plus the front bumper and flare categories always show a new item there and theres nothing new shown. I want to use the flares but the gap is soooo bad.

Nutduster

Definitely feels like it was supposed to be a Benny car. Its almost like theres supposed to be a front bumper that would fit the arches. Plus the front bumper and flare categories always show a new item there and theres nothing new shown. I want to use the flares but the gap is soooo bad.

It would make sense if it had a bumper extension paired with that hood, and the option to use a shorter hood otherwise. You're right, feels like a half-finished Benny's mod.

Kushology
Posted (edited)

It would make sense if it had a bumper extension paired with that hood, and the option to use a shorter hood otherwise. You're right, feels like a half-finished Benny's mod.

Definitely was/is judging by mods.

There's some options for Benny's but they don't do sh*t. It's just interior and dashboard colour, messed with it for 5 minutes, nothing changed.

Lemme tell you though.. This car looks and feels so much better to drive with VStancer(to get proper fitment to arches)

Edited by Kushology

Kushology
Posted (edited)

Dear R*, you f*cked up.

Based on a B5 Bright Blue wrap I saw

IfyZIIO.png

E8yIFj8.png

Colour: (RGB: 25, 50, 105 | Pearl: Flo Blue | Texture: Worn)

Still figuring out my settings with GTA and such on PC, sorry if quality is crap)

Edited by Kushology

The Exodus Code

_KZerNX7bUe41Yfd5NxoJg_0_0_small.jpg

aXtqSLBL9k6uhkX-HaA8xA_0_0_small.jpg

2BR6yMPYdkeItXOwurx3BQ_0_0_small.jpg

Ca9Bir46AEOZTEjay4TaAg_0_0_small.jpg

Kushology

L7oaFbY.png

QEGoZyO.png

1Dn583d.png

3IwJiYD.png

79'Blazer4x4

Definitely feels like it was supposed to be a Benny car.

The same could be said about a lot of the recent vehicles. So many of them with tons of modifications, but obvious things missing(most notably wheel spacers to fill out the wide wheel arch mods) or added that should have been added in a Benny's upgrade instead(like the airbag suspension in the Yosemite and Hermes).

dimitrispgr

Most beautifull car in the game imo.

carnerd3000

Wow, I really wish we could change the track width of your car.

Gnocchi Flip Flops
Posted (edited)

Man, what a lovely car! I ordered one and was so happy to see that my Avalanche Grey example came in today! It came in at night so bad pictures sorry.

SIAcb0kXNU2O9zAFChAOeA_0_0.jpg

ywQLXp3i90W2EFf6kaOkYA_0_0.jpg

zhDXbYx7Hk6dvWM6YCfZ5A_0_0.jpg

Boy what a quality car! I went for a quick drive shortly after picking it up and it was as slow as a Primo. Thank the heavens I have lots of cash to throw around on a 700,000 dollar car just to make it perform as good as its 5-figure predecessor when bone stock! I'm a blue collar worker with a 300,000 california house but I don't mind that my blue collar car costs more than twice as much! I went for a drive and it is soooo... sophisticated. The steering is lifelessly light at low speeds and very heavy at high speeds. Did I mention it takes 5 seconds to grip the road from a standstill? Maybe I won't do dragraces in this thing.

I think my example has a few issues though. The tachometer is backwards and all of the badges are missing. Except for the one on the hood. That makes up for everything. Also I ordered a white interior and could only get it in black. Not bad, not bad. The trunk can barely fit my luggage but that's fine. Oh and I adore those fake little low res vertical slanted mock drls on each side of the grill. Quality work.

Anyways, I took it for a longer drive out into the country. Raced a Baller LE, lost. Not bad, not like it's a three ton SUV that costs 3 times less than my car or anything, and it wasn't like I spent 100k on performance mods.

I saw a friend along the way. Usually these kinds of cars enjoy crowds, not sure about rivers.

BWXFptAtJkWN6IW-5i1Ynw_0_0.jpg

My drive went well. Unfortunately I got into a little accident. You know these things, they slide a lot and well I guess it wanted to slide off a cliff. I rolled 20 times until hitting a ditch and bursting into flames upside down. I made it out okay with 3rd degree burns covering 70% of my body and 10 broken bones. But I'm fine, and the car should buff out just fine!

E8TEYMFZm0KMlSP8bpQf7w_0_0.jpg

I'd highly recommend this car, it's awesome! Best 700- wait no 800k- I ever spent!

Edited by Scaglietti

79'Blazer4x4
Posted (edited)

I've been having trouble deciding whether or not to get this, If I did it would go next to my regular Dominator(which itself is next to my Ellie), but people here have pointed out the hood that extends out so far that bothers me, and it's bordering on 190z territory, where it looks too much like a mix of different vehicles and not enough like one in particular.

I might get it when it's on sale or if the handling flags get removed next update.

Edited by 79'Blazer4x4

Gnocchi Flip Flops

I've been having trouble deciding whether or not to get this, If I did it would go next to my regular Dominator(which itself is next to my Ellie), but people here have pointed out the hood that extends out so far that bothers me, and it's bordering on 190z territory, where it looks too much like a mix of different vehicles and not enough like one in particular.

I might get it when it's on sale or if the handling flags get removed next update.

To be honest, as much as I joked about it, it is a bit of fun. It's not a terrible car. Looks have grown on me.

Mach1bud

Tbh, as much as I love muscle cars, this particular one is on the fence for me. It's the Jester Classic of the muscle class.

Keeping it for now but I hate 99% of the mods for it.

79'Blazer4x4

Tbh, as much as I love muscle cars, this particular one is on the fence for me. It's the Jester Classic of the muscle class.

Keeping it for now but I hate 99% of the mods for it.

Yeah, none of the mods I've seen for it really appeal to me either. If I got one it would most likely remain mostly stock.

RockstarZigs

fSmy05N.jpg

Sr_Stark11
Posted (edited)

HERE WE GO TO THE RING!!! YES!!!

2h3bwy0.jpg

2vdjzth.jpg

Now in "The Ring"

2d9px6c.jpg

I have a problem behind me :panic:

An angry Huracan Performante wants a race :evilgrin::evilgrin:

65mmhf.jpg

20rkcj8.jpg

Edited by Sr_Stark11

Sr_Stark11
Posted (edited)

Lambo SUCKS :yawn::whistle::lol:

2ufx6xj.jpg

34ga4ur.jpg

2l3mlz.jpg

2nh3jv6.jpg

Edited by Sr_Stark11

Karami
Posted (edited)

Lovin' the GTX as well

o7awhr4.png

hvmSuW7.png

Edited by Karmaki

Mulsanne
Posted (edited)

The Mustang Trio :panic::lol:

33404509_10209396135938875_3126349575711

Edited by Mulsanne

Kushology

Still surprised they didn't add a Custom version of this, it's become a daily driver in SP with VStancer for the WBK. I would have bought a few of them on PS4, sh*t handling flags and all. I'm content with the boring looking stock one..but could have got more out of me if they did sh*t right.. Same with the 190z.

nmk111

rCjAgOK.png

n9eV1mc.png

R1EyBt8.png

YUjvvTl.png

WXf0d3A.png

2QHZho1.png

Uzb0OXn.png

irish.chr

3wsBNKK.jpg