EVOLUT7ON

Jester Classic Appreciation/Discussion Thread

HamwithCheese

40941227151_011781d87e_o.jpg

Such a shame. Its already dying.

Pedinhuh
Posted (edited)

May? Smh..

Is it possible to get a hotfix done in the next three months, to patch in ...an entirely new Supra-based car instead?
You expext R* to do such thing? R*? Bruh...Well, that or:

-Change the car's class

-Change the car's engine sound;

-Change the stock exhaust pipes;

-Change the stock rear bumper(remove the carbon parts, move the license plate up);

-Change the stock front bumper(add the indicator lights present on the SA version);

-Change the headlights bulbs model and make the headlights smaller;

-Change the taillights design to something that looks like it was actually made in 2018;

-Change the engine model;

-Change the door handles to something that is actually visible;

-Change the dashboard;

-Change the stock spoiler to resemble the Supra's stock spoiler.

-Add liveries.

Being honest now, since R* won't do all of that, I'd rather NOT see the Jester Classic being added to the game as it is so R* could at least try to redesign it again in a later update.

Edited by Pedinhuh

NorthwindJME

YES! YES! YES! FINALLY!

Bravado Buffalo

As me seems it is just unfinished car. Thx cockstar, we really deserve it!

40234350054_58156142f8_o_d.png

40234348564_5ed8588dc4_o_d.png

Commander S

May? Smh..

Is it possible to get a hotfix done in the next three months, to patch in ...an entirely new Supra-based car instead?

You expext R* to do such thing? R*? Bruh...

Joking, obviously - but I'm serious about wishlisting the living f*** out of a proper Supra-based car, with Elegy Retro-level build quality, fidelity, and customisation options.

They can call it the 'Bollokan Groundhog', sell it for $2 million, whatever - so long as it actually incorporates some actual Supra elements and the overall look (again, T200 Celica rear would do that just fine), has some decal options, engine mods, decent bumper/skirt/spoiler options, all that good stuff, and then gets put into Sports, so you can race the darn thing with the likes of the Elegy twins... :rol:

Rafae
Posted (edited)

The more I look at it the more I become ok with how it looks. With the tone of some of these complaints you'd think they made something as far away from a Supra as possible lol. Obviously I understand the criticisms but damn, I feel like they're slightly going over the edge.

Edited by Rafae

FelipeSCCP
Posted (edited)

This car will be available on May, 29th with Michelli GT and Cheburek.

"...featuring a slew of new and classic race vehicles..."

https://twitter.com/GTAonlineNews/status/976077320967610368

yXPCCmzZ.jpg

R* won't hold this car for such long period. Only if they release 1 car per week. May 29th seems a lot of time. Edited by FelipeSCCP

NorthwindJME

Ok, now that I have had a few minutes to calm down. I await the mod community to fix this mess. GTA Wise Guy do your thing.

cold_08
Posted (edited)

Add this too:

- Rebrand Dinka Jester Classic to Karin Jester Classic or Karin Jester <insert a new name here>

If the Supra is called Jester Classic, which name will be called the old NSX?

Instead R* releasing this unfinished model, why they dont released an clean version of some released vehicles? Like comet retro/brioso/ETR/Streiter Shooting Brake? Or even the most GTA IV requested vehicles?

Edited by cold_08

Commander S
Posted (edited)

The more I look at it the more I become ok with how it looks. With the tone of some of these complaints you'd think they made something as far away from a Supra as possible lol. Obviously I understand the criticisms but damn, I feel like they're slightly going over the edge.

Wrong class, no customisation, model errors, no attempt at updating the design, doesn't really fit in with the more realistic visual style of GTAO (...because it's an overly-literal recreation of a bare-bones PS2-era design ...in 2018... :turn:). And hell, even the San Andreas car had better proportions, and decent customisation options - this feels lazy and half-assed.

And I know that folk like Robin or the FiveM lot are going give it an overhaul, but ...that doesn't really help the folks on consoles, does it? :/

Edited by Commander S

HaRdSTyLe_83

You guys get a hd version straight from sa and your stil griping? This is the kinda thing R* shouldve done with all the gta classics instead of mish-mashing. Is there no pleasing you?

there is always a circle jerk around cars in this forum

Bitch about how "X" car should be in the game -> bitch about "X" car dont resembles the real life counterpart

It's not that it doesn't resemble the real life car enough... It just looks bland. Similar to cars like the Gauntlet or 9F in my opinion. These cars really just look like fictional game vehicles, while cars like the Elegy Retro or now the new Entity just look awesome and give a feeling like the modeller actually cared about the look.

Just compare Jester Classic and Elegy Retro and tell me that there isn't something greatly off.

no car in this game has real life counterpart, they all are fictional. you may end up liking the R* version or you may not, but its not their job to please everyone.

Commander S

no car in this game has real life counterpart, they all are fictional. you may end up liking the R* version or you may not, but its not their job to please everyone.

When they put things into the game described as 'oft-requested' or 'fan-favourite', they're clearly aiming to meet fan expectations and indeed please those people, in some instances at least...

And they do have real-life counterparts - again, it's obvious that the Elegy Retro is a Skyline GT-R pastiche, right down to the nods to racing/movie versions in the decal options. All of that is meant to sell it on the whole Skyline connection.

TheTitantron

As me seems it is just unfinished car. Thx cockstar, we really deserve it!

40234350054_58156142f8_o_d.png

40234348564_5ed8588dc4_o_d.png

giphy.gif

Ok, now I'm starting to like it..

Capimeeen

The turbo placement is just hilarious.. Sucking in every rock it comes across, RIP turbo.

Dr.Rosenthal
Posted (edited)

...will I get thrown out of these forums if I say that I think the GTA rendition actually looks way better than the real-life Supra? :whistle:

edit: ...except for the exhausts. f*ck those exhausts man

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

TheTitantron

...will I get thrown out of these forums if I say that I think the GTA rendition actually looks way better than the real-life Supra? :whistle:

tenor.gif?itemid=3482842

carnerd3000

Honestly I prefer this over the SA Jester, only because that version was blockier and not as sleek (then again many of the cars in that game were blocky-looking).

And that Jester that Bravado Buffalo made looks cool... except for those goddamned exhausts...

George-Costanza-OMG-Facepalm.gif

Commander S

Honestly I prefer this over the SA Jester, only because that version was blockier and not as sleek (then again many of the cars in that game were blocky-looking).

See, I'm the opposite - the more I look at it, the more I realise that this isn't even as good as the SA Jester!

For one thing, the SA Jester was slimmer and sleeker, more like a real Supra:

th_740_126.jpg

799.jpg

The fine detail (or rather, the lack thereof) really doesn't do this thing any favours, either - typical of that guy who does all the worse car models in this game, the bodywork doesn't look like separate panels, but like the whole thing was cut out of one big lump of solid plastic:

And yet again, other folk doing car assets have done it just fine - that's why I reckon the Supra should have been assigned to whoever did the Elegy Retro, because they clearly understand that, and know how to do it properly:

Q6iXQmZ.jpg

Arrows to Athens

Why are there two chrome dildos at the back of it?

carnerd3000

@ Commander S - Yeah, I agree the car looks a little 2013-ish compared to other cars, though I don't think it's the absolute worst example (looking at you Streiter). I definitely have my nitpicks, but usually they never kill the entire vehicle for me. Overall I don't think this car is bad at all, and again I'm definitely going to get it, but the problems with it are not something to be overlooked. R* definitely could've done a little better, and I hope they don't screw up any future tuners they might add. I feel like I'm overacting by saying that last sentence, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

TheTitantron

Why are there two chrome dildos at the back of it?

The car is universal, that's why.

Commander S

@ Commander S - Yeah, I agree the car looks a little 2013-ish compared to other cars, though I don't think it's the absolute worst example (looking at you Streiter). I definitely have my nitpicks, but usually they never kill the entire vehicle for me. Overall I don't think this car is bad at all, and again I'm definitely going to get it, but the problems with it are not something to be overlooked. R* definitely could've done a little better, and I hope they don't screw up any future tuners they might add. I feel like I'm overacting by saying that last sentence, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

If nothing else, it's a perfect counterpoint to the Elegy - and it's helping me write this concept pitch I've been doing, because now I can specify exactly what worked so well about the Elegy Retro, and what doesn't work here.

Hopefully a GTAO RX-7/NSX/300ZX will get proper customisation options, a decent sculpt that honours the real-life cars that inspired it (and uses actual design elements from them), and all that good stuff.

...but that just leaves the Jester Classic as the one 'failure' of the bunch - which sucks, because if any car deserved the Elegy treatment, it'd be the Supra.

NorthwindJME

Made some edits to it. I am a beginner when it comes to ZModeler but I think it is an improvement. I want to alter the engine, not sure which car to nab one from.

What have I changed?

1. Tuner wing (now looks more like the Supra's stock spoiler)
  2. Mid level wing (larger)
  3. All 3 exhaust mods (removed second exhaust and scalled down)
  4. Rebadged to Karin.
  5. Vehicle meta (changed manufacturer to Karin and added the Spectre's engine audio)

You want?

https://mega.nz/#!yMoHBBZD!SSl91wkZe_9B4SQjFU29al6M7AyV9qqzVci251WO2x4

Wings

ILdJkM5.jpg

8uN5Ub1.jpg

oq4LnqL.jpg

8kimMq8.jpg

Exhausts

IMtEsqv.jpg

Gqa5q8v.jpg

p74tOCS.jpg

Dat quality assurance.

b0ioj3K.jpg

FelipeSCCP

The first wing is a must

jdv95

in some pics i have seen it actually looks ok but for the most part the car is just bland.

the lack of decals realy hurt the look.

i also wish that we could have a differend bumper without a forced splitter.

Rafae

The lack of liveries above anything else is a straight up insult. I don't understand how they could not add those while making a reference to the first FAF movie in the description of the car itself.

jdv95

The lack of liveries above anything else is a straight up insult. I don't understand how they could not add those while making a reference to the first FAF movie in the description of the car itself.

i don't get it either.

inb4 they release the decals as dripfeed :p

(i would not mind that tbh)

carnerd3000

Thank you.

Rafae

The Elegy Retro is everything the Jester Classic should have been.

Commander S

The Elegy Retro is everything the Jester Classic should have been.

Yep - it's the perfect example for 'how to do GTAO cars'. Particularly tuners, or updates of 3D-era classics.

And I'm convinced that the same artist(s) did the Elegy and GP1, and a different person (or persons) did both the Lynx and Jester Classic - because the former two share the same approach to things like fully-sculpted lights, panel hemming, etc., while the latter two do the same cheap 'stickers for lights' thing, the same razor-sharp unfinished edges, etc.