1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

EVOLUT7ON

Jester Classic Appreciation/Discussion Thread

Pedinhuh
Posted (edited)
On 3/20/2018 at 6:15 PM, The_Real_Nevil said:

YqKX7hB.jpgYou had one job, R*... :/

That should be a crime which sentence should be capital punishment.

A Supra having a RB26DETT instead of the legendary 2jz is a HERESY!

RUINED! THEY RUINED THE DAMN CAR! UGGHHRRR!!!!!!

Edited by Pedinhuh
Emphasis

TheTitantron

That should be a crime which sentence should be capital punishment.

A Supra having a RB26DETT instead of the legendary 2jz is a HERESY!

Ruined, they ruined the damn car! UGH!!!

Not to mention completely wrong interior... Banshee and Jester have Supra's interior, and Jester Classic... Also how come Supra is in Sports Classics, while Ford RS200 is in Sports?

Tupiz
Posted (edited)

At least it's straight six. I'm more concerned about the sh*tty proportions and low quality.

Some of the decisions they make at Rockstar are beyond me. Why use a Kuruma 4-banger sound when they could just use the Sultan's excellent, smooth inline six sound?

Edited by Tupiz

TheTitantron

At least it's straight six. I'm more concerned about the sh*tty proportions and low quality.

Some of the decisions they make at Rockstar are beyond me. Why use a Kuruma 4-banger sound when they could just use the Sultan's excellent, smooth inline six sound?

I wish we could change engine sounds(even by paying for it in LSC) without using mod menus.

HamwithCheese

Surprised no one is throwing a fit about the tailpipes. Those things look f*cking hideous. They decided to add a more detailed Dacia instead of a Supra gg r*

Sock Dry

Wow, nice trolling R*.

Fox2Quick

Ill tolerate its flaws and just be happy weve got it.

CUTS3R

Smh, we've been requesting this car for 5years and they somehow still f*ck it up. Even the SA Jester had the proper Supra spoiler... gvFQEcD.pngAlso why did they decide to give it exhausts that big ? :sui:

jdv95

Not to mention that the SA version had decals,while this one does not.

i don't know what they where thinking while making this car.

MattyScho
Posted (edited)

Can anybody do just a stock one in #9e412eAA with chrome Apex Tuner wheels please.

Edited by MattyScho

Pat

Surprised no one is throwing a fit about the tailpipes. Those things look f*cking hideous. They decided to add a more detailed Dacia instead of a Supra gg r*

Just goes to show how bad the car is; on anything else, we'd be focusing on those horrible exhausts, but everything else is so bad that the exhausts are almost the least of its problems. This thing is a mess.

Commander S

Ok who did this car? Do they know what a supra is?

See, you joke, but I'm starting to wonder if that isn't exactly what happened.

I.e., the artist(s) responsible aren't necessarily into cars, and someone higher up the food chain told them to 'make the Jester from San Andreas'. They didn't know to bother looking up the A80, and so just ...replicated the lines of the SA car to a fault. :turn:

That'd explain why the customisation is so lacking, too - for things like the 190z and especially the Elegy Retro, the decals and mods were clearly designed and approved by people who are fans of the cars themselves, and/or appreciate the significance of them, hence why things like the homage racing liveries on them, and the F&F decals on the Elegy.

But yeah, if someone responsible actually knew/cared about the Supra, they'd have most likely put in something like the F&F1 Supra decals, and that classic arch spoiler, for starters. Instead, this got farmed out to artist(s) who either had no clue, or just didn't give a s***. No sense of history, some people... :sigh:

carnerd3000

This car being a Sports Classic, having those exhaust tips, having no liveries at all, having the Monroe/Kuruma engine sound and not having the factory spoiler as an option is f*cking stupid IMO.

But I still can't wait to get this car.

SkylineGTRFreak

I can already see modders touching this up and we're all like: oh Rockstar, look what it could've been. Similar to what Modders did to the Benefactor Streiter. That car could've been beautiful as well.

We Are Ninja
Posted (edited)

RB26 swap!! To be fair, though, they shove this engine into every Japanese car in the game. At least the Supra has an actual inline-6 IRL.

Edited by We Are Ninja

HamwithCheese
Posted (edited)

I never joke. I honestly believe that the car was handed off to someone that didn't know, or the car was rushed.

Some of these cars have neat little details that this car doesn't have. The rs200 has a little turbine inside a air induction, the Amazon has wood trim options, the Dacia has a cardboard body kit. There is practically nothing unique to this car, the dash, engine bay, bodykits are all reused and low quality.

And to me, that's just criminal to put such low amount of effort into what is one of the most beloved and sought after Japanese sports car of all time.

Edited by HamwithCheese

Watain

One lazy drip feed car indeed. Seriously, whoever designed/ordered this should be fired. Or at the very least never be let near these kind of decision-makings ever again.

AlphaSierra111996

The one unique thing about this car is the turbo sound. I believe its new.

RetroStyle

Another wishlist item checked off. Its not perfect, but i'll def take it. Ty :r*:

SneakERommel

The headlights are so far back they look like they are mounted on the engine bays firewall.

Scruffyauto9

Nice try R*... meh if this is how they handle a supra then i don't wanna see a RX-7

They have to do a good RX7. Elegy Retro quality at least.Wasn't everybody saying that about the Supra? Like a week ago in the "next DLC speculation thread", when the "Tuners and Outlaws" DLC idea was speculated on?

GTA_Elegy
Posted (edited)

What if R* made this version very basic so they can charge us for a Bennys Jester Custom in the future? Its wishful thinking, but with R*s history of giving us very high quality JDM cars( 190z, Sultan,Elegy,Warrener,Savestra), its very odd that they would put such little customization efforts into into a car such as this.

Like, seriously, why are there no liveries for this? Or engine block mods? Or Interior customization on the level of the Elegy retro or Sultan RS? Hell, they could have reused the DENSE livery from the ETR1 and it would have been awesome...

Edited by GTA_Elegy

KingBen

The fact that they didnt give us a proper Supra spoiler and zero liveries is a major disppointment. Ill still buy it though.

FelipeSCCP

What if R* made this version very basic so they can charge us for a Bennys Jester Custom in the future? Its wishful thinking, but with R*s history of giving us very high quality JDM cars( 190z, Sultan,Elegy,Warrener,Savestra), its very odd that they would put such little customization efforts into into a car such as this.

Like, seriously, why are there no liveries for this? Or engine block mods? Or Interior customization on the level of the Elegy retro or Sultan RS? Hell, they could have reused the DENSE livery from the ETR1 and it would have been awesome...

I hope you are right.

KingBen

Anyone know if you can remove the roof?

hank_wayne

You guys get a hd version straight from sa and your stil griping? This is the kinda thing R* shouldve done with all the gta classics instead of mish-mashing. Is there no pleasing you?

FelipeSCCP

You guys get a hd version straight from sa and your stil griping? This is the kinda thing R* shouldve done with all the gta classics instead of mish-mashing. Is there no pleasing you?

No one asked a 'port' from a PS2 game. Also, we say those things because we know that Rockstar can do better and showed us with other cars.

Sock Dry
Posted (edited)

"Straight from sa" eh? Go on then, recreate this in GTA V for me:

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Sock Dry

HamwithCheese

This isn't that, and even that would be better than this.

Scruffyauto9

Im sorry, but this car, and it's lack of customization, reminds me of only one song.. "one of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong here.."