Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,101 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

EVOLUT7ON

Jester Classic Appreciation/Discussion Thread

Commander S
36 minutes ago, EVOLUT7ON said:

The body is 1:1 to Supra's. There is no need to redesign it.

Ehhh... See, the design isn't bad - but the sculpt is horrendous. Even if they kept the proportions the same, they'd still need to remake the car from scratch...

Case in point? NorthwindJME's (really good!) mods. Said it before, but the only problem with them is that they just highlight how crappy-looking the basic car is underneath. :p It looks like a cheap plastic model, not an actual car.

That's the problem with them doing a Jester Classic Custom, too - they probably could add things like proper headlights and whatnot to a Benny's variant, but ...you'd still have the lack of pillar thickness, panel lines/hemming, and all the things that other artists have done just fine with the Fagaloa, Ellie, etc.

Pedinhuh
56 minutes ago, EVOLUT7ON said:

P.S. no JC today. I feel some good vibes) Hope we will not see it until next dlc.

This truly seems uncommon of them to do.

Looks like the car might be getting a redesign after all, that would be great if it's true.

Just to confirm, this event week is already active, right?

EVOLUT7ON
1 minute ago, Pedinhuh said:

This truly seems uncommon of them to do.

Looks like the car might be getting a redesign after all, that would be great if it's true.

Just to confirm, this event week is already active, right?

Indeed.
There is always a chance that R* can release it (any Tuesday).

yes, it's active.

P.S. Want to thank everyone who supported this issue and reported to R* :)

HamwithCheese

I just realized the Tyrus was a very badly done F1, then R* gave us the Gp1. 

Wishful thinking.

crsN

Tyrus and GP1 are completely different cars.

Pedinhuh
10 minutes ago, crsN said:

Tyrus and GP1 are completely different cars.

Not by much though, GP1 is a F1 LM and the Tyrus is a F1 GTR Long Tail.

In real life, both are the same base model, in fact I think they also have the same chassis.

crsN

I know very well. 

HamwithCheese said that Tyrus was a very badly done F1, which is incorrect because how you said Tyrus is a F1 GTR Long Tail all day.

Edited by crsN

Hegedus.Roberto

^
What Pedinhuh said.

People complained that there is no stock version of the car only the modified GTR variant.
Rockstar's answered and made a second car that was more stock.

Now here we have the Jester Classic, complains are that it doesn't have enough customazation and full of low-quality bugs.
I mean, I just damage tested it the other day, there are no lightbulbs behind the taillights, if you break them out, it's just black flat surface under it, like the guy who made it didn't know that these lights can be shot out.

Rockstart can't fix this with a second car. There are people who like the Tyrus and those who like the GP1. Both are happy now. Nobody will be happy with the Jester Classic, they hopefully noticed this

Edited by Hegedus.Roberto
sent early

TheTitantron

Jesus Christ, it doesn't take them 4 weeks to make a good-looking car. They've put Vagner 2 weeks after Aston Martin Valkyrie has been revealed to the public. So it's safe to say, that they probably just keep not-releasing Jester in order to delay their next dlc.

crsN

I think so too.

Commander S
13 minutes ago, TheTitantron said:

Jesus Christ, it doesn't take them 4 weeks to make a good-looking car. They've put Vagner 2 weeks after Aston Martin Valkyrie has been revealed to the public. So it's safe to say, that they probably just keep not-releasing Jester in order to delay their next dlc.

But they can't just patch in a new model with a hotfix - they'd need to send an update to the various platform-holders for approval, and that process takes around two weeks, IIRC.

Considering how close we are to a new update, they're not going to go through all that just for one car, and then again for an entire update 2-3 weeks after that - conversely, if they make the new/revised model part of the next update, then they only need to send one update out to go through the one approval process.

As for the Tyrus, yeah, I reckon that it might have been in response to demand for a more stock F1 with adequate customisation, rather than a half-F1 GTR 'Longtail'/half-Saleen S7 thing with very little customistion. Likewise, we got the part-Huracán Reaper (which is another thing with weak customisation and a rather shoddy-looking model, IMO), then the much better Tempesta later that year:

reaper.jpg

tempesta.jpg

Granted, different Huracán cues in each, but still... And again, I'd take a half-Supra/half-something appropriate thing that looks more photorealistic, over some cheap plastic-looking sorta-kinda Supra.

Hegedus.Roberto
1 hour ago, TheTitantron said:

The Valkyrie's overall design was revealead in 2016 December, the full-scale clay model was displayed at autoshows, such as in paris till 2017 February.
The Vagner was added in 2017 July.

And as Commander said, the process is longer than that.

53 minutes ago, Commander S said:

But they can't just patch in a new model with a hotfix - they'd need to send an update to the various platform-holders for approval, and that process takes around two weeks, IIRC.

Considering how close we are to a new update, they're not going to go through all that just for one car, and then again for an entire update 2-3 weeks after that - conversely, if they make the new/revised model part of the next update, then they only need to send one update out to go through the one approval process.

As for the Tyrus, yeah, I reckon that it might have been in response to demand for a more stock F1 with adequate customisation, rather than a half-F1 GTR 'Longtail'/half-Saleen S7 thing with very little customistion. Likewise, we got the part-Huracán Reaper (which is another thing with weak customisation and a rather shoddy-looking model, IMO), then the much better Tempesta later that year:

reaper.jpg

tempesta.jpg

Granted, different Huracán cues in each, but still... And again, I'd take a half-Supra/half-something appropriate thing that looks more photorealistic, over some cheap plastic-looking sorta-kinda Supra.

That's another great example. So we have
Infernus Classic -> Torero
Tyrus -> GP1
Reaper -> Tempesta

And these are just cars that some people liked and some requested an alternative, and R* listened. The previous cars were also not so bad that they created a massive negative criticism and they still made amends to those whom they've upset. That actually makes me really hopeful now

Edited by Hegedus.Roberto

Commander S

Also, Infernus Classic -> Cheetah Classic (one is a Diablo with a Testarossa front end, the other is a Testarossa with bits from other Ferraris).

Although in the case of the Special Vehicle Circuit/Gunrunning cars, I'm inclined to think that the Infernus Classic/Turismo Classic/Torero/Cheetah Classic were all planned/designed at the same time, and just released in separate updates, considering how very similar they are, and how the designs overlap. The Cheetah Classic has bits of F40, the Turismo Classic has bits of Testarossa, that kind of thing.

EVOLUT7ON

Just found another wise report about Jester Classic from a guy "Elliot_R34":
https://www.carthrottle.com/post/rzo2zbe/

Pedinhuh

From Car Throttle? I really appreciate their help on this even I haven't read any of their magazines in a long time, maybe I should now 😜

I'll be taking my sweet time reading that article.

HARBUJAHN

It wouldn't surprise me if mr toyota threatened rockstar with a roundhouse kick and lawsuit for tarnishing the supras name with this shabby insult lol

Breadpit

Might aswel post this here to as it's Jester related,

I was thinking... how cool would it have been if they just released the Jester in it's current broken state. Have every customization locked. But add some Benny's missions a week later where you have to *fix* the car by doing missions that unlock skirts, bumpers, spoilers etc. You can only unlock those missions if you bought the car. Have Benny tell us how sh*tty this car looks, let him point out all the flaws the community is annoyed about in his dialogs (the sh*tty headlight, terrible exhaust etc etc). Then he orders you to do some missions to pimp that baby up.

Like a misison where you have to go to the airport and steal some imported Spoilers from Japan.

Or go to someones house and steal some bumpers from his garage.

Steal a car wreck from a junkyard so you can re-use the seats.

Kidnap some graffiti artist so he can make you liveries.

Go to a police station where a impounded tuner car is located and steal that for it's Exhaust.

Race a NPC for pinkslips to get his car and use it's parts for the Jester

Hijack a cargo plane with a tuner car in the back and drop that off by parachute at a certain location

Steal firetruck and respond to a call of a crashed car that is on fire. As a nod to Paul Walkers crash. Put out the fire to save some parts

Make us work a bit for unlocks so we have a reason to play. Hell you can even add more of those missions for older cars or something. Add nitro as a unlock which works the same as the opressors turbo but recharges way slower. Would be great for a tuner dlc or something. Isn't so hard to come up with some variety in missions.

Edited by Breadpit

ferguson99

Jeez the YouTube nerds are spamming there crap again...….. why don't they just sit and wait, to see what Rockstar drop into GTAO?

2 months of spamming videos about this Classic Jester.

crsN

I understand from the above article: this great community can fix the Jester C in short time but R * not.

Pedinhuh
2 hours ago, Breadpit said:

I was thinking... how cool would it have been if they just released the Jester in it's current broken state. Have every customization locked. But add some Benny's missions a week later where you have to *fix* the car by doing missions that unlock skirts, bumpers, spoilers etc. You can only unlock those missions if you bought the car. Have Benny tell us how sh*tty this car looks, let him point out all the flaws the community is annoyed about in his dialogs (the sh*tty headlight, terrible exhaust etc etc). Then he orders you to do some missions to pimp that baby up.

Like a misison where you have to go to the airport and steal some imported Spoilers from Japan.

Go to a police station where a impounded tuner car is located and steal that for it's Exhaust.

Hijack a cargo plane with a tuner car in the back and drop that off by parachute at a certain location

Steal firetruck and respond to a call of a crashed car that is on fire. As a nod to Paul Walkers crash. Put out the fire to save some parts

Make us work a bit for unlocks so we have a reason to play. Hell you can even add more of those missions for older cars or something. Add nitro as a unlock which works the same as the opressors turbo but recharges way slower. Would be great for a tuner dlc or something. Isn't so hard to come up with some variety in missions.

Bullsh*t, this car is awful because of the sheer laziness from its designers when they were creating the car, that shouldn't be glorified and no, we shouldn't "work" to unlock more customization parts, no car in this game is like and the Jester Classic certainly shouldn't be the one to start this.

Either they give us the car fixed, or don't even bother to release it in its current state because that's unacceptable.

Marciliojunior01
6 hours ago, Commander S said:

reaper.jpg

tempesta.jpg

i personally love the looks of the reaper, i agree there is no customization, but we cant say the car is bad. About the infernus classic, i didnt like the idea of being a diablo at first but when i first saw the car i just fall in love with it. Until today is my favourite supercar in the game and i wouldnt change it for any other. btw i am just defending the cars that i like here now lets talk about the Jester. What i think is that rockstar wont bring this car back. in my oppinion they will just cut it and will stay there in the game files, just like a lot of cut content they have killed in the past. Maybe another variaton of the Jester Classic returns, maybe not. I am more about to believe that they wont replace it. Will just die.

Edited by Marciliojunior01

CRESTSIDE PLAYA
4 hours ago, Breadpit said:

Someone get this guy a Job at R* !

ferguson99

There is to big of a gap now to add unlocks in GTAO...……… 120 was the final unlock level, Now most players are at 500 - 1000.

CRESTSIDE PLAYA
10 minutes ago, ferguson99 said:

There is to big of a gap now to add unlocks in GTAO...……… 120 was the final unlock level, Now most players are at 500 - 1000.

I login almost every day and I only ever see 1 or 2 player above lvl 400 and lots in the 60-160 range. 

Plage
11 hours ago, Commander S said:

reaper.jpg

tempesta.jpg

The Reaper is more a Lykan HyperSport than a Huracan. That's why it made sense to also add the Tempesta.

Voodoo-Hendrix
14 hours ago, HamwithCheese said:

I just realized the Tyrus was a very badly done F1, then R* gave us the Gp1. 

Wishful thinking.

Small pet peeve of mine but I don't like how the Tyrus and GP1 have like literally nothing in common aside from the manufacture, even when both cars are based in two versions of the same car (F1 GTR Longtail and F1/F1 LM)

Seriously, not even the tailights are the same.

I love my GP1 tho, that's how you do a car with no outsider influence right, unlike the "Jester" Classic, it's basically a remixed F1.

Commander S
3 hours ago, Plage said:

The Reaper is more a Lykan HyperSport than a Huracan. That's why it made sense to also add the Tempesta.

Well, it's like I said about the Infernus/Turismo/Cheetah Classics: you've got various bits of shared Ferraris in all three of them (Testarossa rear lights on the mostly-F40 Turismo, Testarossa front end on the Lamborghini Diablo-based Infernus, F40 rear on the mostly-Testarossa Cheetah). The Reaper is basically a Huracán front/rear on a Lykan HyperSport body, while the the Tempesta is a Huracán with Centenario cues (particularly the rear bumper) and the front from the abandoned 2010 Lotus Esprit concept.

Point being, R* has done different takes on the same real-life cars, in different ways - not so much do-overs (I don't think the GP1 was meant as an 'improvement' on the Tyrus, for instance), but still proof that they're perfectly fine revisiting a previously-used inspiration in a different configuration. Heck, they'll do it where it doesn't even make any sense, like making the 'Ocelot' (:rol:) Stromberg ...basically a stripped-down Countach instead of an Esprit (at the same time as also having the nearly-100% Countach Torero already in the game).

All of that is kinda moot, though - I suggested that there was nothing stopping them doing something 'half-Supra, half-Celica' or similar as a way of making up for the Jester Classic. But if they're indeed doing a complete revamp, they could just do that, and call that the Jester Classic, and simply replace the SSASSS model entirely - no need to justify having the current Jester Classic and something else with Supra in it.