4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

EVOLUT7ON

Jester Classic Appreciation/Discussion Thread

wizooord
Posted (edited)

Ignorance is bliss.

I do my best to overlook the flaws (the many, many.. MANY flaws) plus I mainly need it as a garage prop but boy do I NEED it.

Also wish they would add an older Evo but this will do for now

2RMz0WD.gif

wlingUr.gif

Edited by wizooord

Cutter De Blanc

Car probably won't sell well, will Rockstar pretend they don't know why?

AUScowboy

I think I've made up my mind... I'm not gonna buy it when it comes out, even if they fix it, like they did with dead textures in GTX. It's just the style of the body, it's so different from Supra that I really can't look at it now.

When did they fix the God's texture issue? It hasn't even been a week..

Hellbendzor

One thing's for sure... I'll buy it as soon as it releases... Last vehicule I'll buy from this DLC.. That Lada NOT...

Mach1bud

This is where you are very incorrect. This car will sell like hotcakes.

You think the average kid playing GTA cares about the things everyone in this topic does? Absolutely not. They see this car and they see Fast and Furious, instant buy for them.

Commander S

You think the average kid playing GTA cares about the things everyone in this topic does? Absolutely not. They see this car and they see Fast and Furious, instant buy for them.

That, and how many times have people in this thread said things like "oh, no, this car turned out really badly - still getting it, though" - ?

Also, I suspect that even in the cases of people who'll be disappointed by it when they try it out, they'll likely find out by buying it sight-unseen, taking it to LSC, and ...huh - f***-all in the way of customisation. Trouble is, they'll still have bought it. :turn:

My hope, as always, is that the reaction so far prompts a positive outcome from R* (like, for instance, not screwing up any similar cars in future) - but yeah, I reckon that even just regular 'new car hype' is going to shift a lot of these. :/

HamwithCheese

I think it'll be very interesting. I'm sure it will sell, but people will notice the lack of liveries and proper body kits.

I hope people let r* know you can't half ass an important car.

Cutter De Blanc

Rockstar games used to be synonymous with quality

Commander S

Rockstar games used to be synonymous with quality

Considering how reassuringly solid RDR2 is looking so far, I'm getting the impression that as soon as GTA V launched, Sam, Dan, and the others were already getting to work on that, and just left Imran and the GTAO team to their own devices. Which was fine to begin with, considering they were most likely working to a 'road map' established before launch (everything up to and including Heists, basically), but it's ever more apparent that nearly everything from Freemode Events onward seems like little more than 'let's throw random half-baked ideas at the wall, and see what sticks'.

Which is a shame, IMO - RDR2 looks fine, but it'll be such a waste if 'Red Dead Online' winds up being just a bunch of free-for-all shenanigans and copycat modes ripping off things like Fortnite, rather than taking the RDR2 experience and opening it up into something bigger and open-ended. Same with GTA VI, and the future of Online - but then, Online was The Benz' idea, while Dan H. really seems more interested in traditional single-player games as an outlet for cinematic experiences. I just hope Everywhere gets off the ground, because at the moment, that sounds like the spiritual successor to The Benz' vision for GTAO, and hopefully will make up for R* treating their online games like glorified multiplayer deathmatches.

Pedinhuh

Then they will bring the car to LSC and notice the lack of liveries, be mad, curse R*.

Then they will try to race with it, but they will see that their new car has been misclassed and won't race in sports races.

Then the car will get sold.

Max 1985

Does anyone here think we will get this car next week?

Impossible. May, 22th and 29th are the only possible dates for release.

I already did my part by sending that list of bug and fixes to R* suport, I hope they see and give us a benny's version of the car. :9 :)

Mach1bud

Then they will bring the car to LSC and notice the lack of liveries, be mad, curse R*.

Then they will try to race with it, but they will see that their new car has been misclassed and won't race in sports races.

Oh no, they won't care that it's misclassed once they see that it's the new king of the Sports Classics class.

Commander S

Oh no, they won't care that it's misclassed once they see that it's the new king of the Sports Classics class.

Not to be Captain McSnarkypants, but ...is Joe Q. Rando really all that bothered about regular Sports Classics races these days?

Bit like my one minor ongoing nit-pick with Broughy still placing the emphasis on 'top in class around a circuit' - I get the impression that the average GTAO rando just does stunt/special/transform races these days, and so they're not going to care about anything other than 'what's the must-have super/sports/bike for stunt tracks?', if they even bother looking up that info at all.

(not saying that Broughy should focus on stunt tracks instead of traditional circuits, btw - just that he's missing out a lot of 'granular' info that'd be really useful for racing enthusiasts, because the emphasis is almost exclusively placed on 'if this isn't the best in class, save your money')

Voodoo-Hendrix
Posted (edited)

Not to be Captain McSnarkypants, but ...is Joe Q. Rando really all that bothered about regular Sports Classics races these days?

Bit like my one minor ongoing nit-pick with Broughy still placing the emphasis on 'top in class around a circuit' - I get the impression that the average GTAO rando just does stunt/special/transform races these days, and so they're not going to care about anything other than 'what's the must-have super/sports/bike for stunt tracks?', if they even bother looking up that info at all.

(not saying that Broughy should focus on stunt tracks instead of traditional circuits, btw - just that he's missing out a lot of 'granular' info that'd be really useful for racing enthusiasts, because the emphasis is almost exclusively placed on 'if this isn't the best in class, save your money')

While your criticism about Broughy's is pretty valid, I think that you must understand that his videos arent directed at the casual GTA player, they're directed more to the hardcore GTA races (so to speak) like his own crew, who mostly races in specially curated circuit tracks most of the time. So yeah, in the point of view of someone who treats GTAO as a racing game, a car who is a second or two below the fastest lap may not be "worth it", specially if said vehicle is unnecesarely overpriced.

Edited by Voodoo-Hendrix

King™
Posted (edited)

While your criticism about Broughy's is pretty valid, I think that you must understand that his videos arent directed at the casual GTA player, they're directed more to the hardcore GTA races (so to speak) like his own crew, who mostly races in specially curated circuit tracks most of the time. So yeah, in the point of view of someone who treats GTAO as a racing game, a car who is a second or two below the fastest lap may not be "worth it", specially if said vehicle is unnecesarely overpriced.

Actually, it's better for us if a car is balanced compared to other vehicles around the track. I use the Turismo and Feltzer more than I use the Vagner or Pariah because either it's a banned vehicle (in organized races) or I just don't need to. If a car is balanced with many others it gives us more options, which is preferred.

Top vehicles are only really needed in random racing (since the randoms you're up against might have and use it), hotlapping (for fastest lap around a track), or if you're at an ultra-high skill level.

Edited by King™

Mach1bud

Nah, but you would suprised the amount of people that want the fastest car in each class regardless if they ever race them. The need to have the best stuff all the time that plauges the playerbase.

Commander S

That's my point, though: they mostly are aimed at randos - or rather, they're aimed at a hypothetical rando that probably doesn't exist any more.

For instance, he tends to describe top-of-class things with no competition as having "ruined" the class (Pariah, Yosemite, etc.) - but that's not really the case, if you think about it.

For organised members of the GTAO racing community (the sort of people who like proper, clean racing, with no assists, and balanced vehicle selection), they're knowledgeable enough to balance their own races and set up house rules. I've watched his streams for ages, and NoDo members are perfectly capable of agreeing to just race with, say, well-balanced rally cars. If everyone's agreeing to only use certain sports cars in a race, then the Pariah existing is a moot point.

Meanwhile, randoms are mostly racing in stunt races these days - and even if they're doing regular races, 99% of the time, you can count on catch-up and slipstream being on, and 'anything goes' when it comes to crashes and dirty racing. Even if those people do want to know the best vehicle to use, they're probably not racing in the kind of organised, clean situation that Broughy's testing best suits.

The big example of this paradox recently was the GT500: it's a sports classic of the same general era as the Mamba and the JB 700, with the three cars being very closely matched, but with different strengths. That's a great little vintage racing bracket in that class, and it'd make for some fun themed races in an organised environment - but because it's "off the pace" of the very top cars, that's all that got mentioned in Broughy's video. And it's a shame, because that kind of information is more the sort of thing that would benefit proper racing enthusiasts, not just randos trying to have the best thing to gain an advantage over other randos.

Devdevi45

Can someone spot me on this ?

- Why is the car sh*t?

-why does everyone hate it?

- does it even have any customization?

AlphaSierra111996

- Why is the car sh*t?

1. Flags wont let the car perform to its best abilities.

2. Its name, customization or a lack of, flat tail lights, missing glass on right(?) headlight, the exhausts and much more.

3. Yes, but not enough, no liveries for such an iconic track and film car such as Fast and Furious.

Melancholy Angel

The fact that we didnt get any new cars for 2 weeks got me somewhat hopeful that theyre using the time to fix the Jester, its a stretch but we can dream.

I've always wanted to ask you... Is your username/avy a Tokyo Highway Battle/Tokyo Xtreme Racer reference?

This is relevant since we're talking about Supras...

Yup it is. I recreated some of the avy from the game as well, including this one.

Except no one races Sports Classic, it's always Supers, sometimes Sports and rarely Muscles.

Foppezão
Posted (edited)

Isn't the Supra famous for the world record, fastest on a quarter mile? I hope it has the same acceleration as the Tezeract (which has very specific tracks it owns) or better of course. Coming today?

Edited by Foppezão

HamwithCheese
Posted (edited)

This is a sports classic, not a full blown drag car. It also probably won't be coming today.

Also, apparently the fastest quarter mile street car is a 6.05 second Camaro.

Edited by HamwithCheese

EVOLUT7ON

Check out 1st post. It was updated with a list of bugs and issues.

- Why is the car sh*t?

NorthwindJME

Ignorance is bliss.

I do my best to overlook the flaws (the many, many.. MANY flaws) plus I mainly need it as a garage prop but boy do I NEED it.

Also wish they would add an older Evo but this will do for now

2RMz0WD.gif

Wangan Kit? Ill get on it.

Redmone

- Why is the car sh*t?

that side profile is garbage and the rear bumper doesn't even match the skirt length, not to mention the double exhausts and the 4 banger noise on an inline 6

AUScowboy

I hope the Turismo Classic will at least be able to compete with this turd...

Fugitive69

Is the glassless headlight problem fixed?

Mach1bud

No and it won't be until there is another title update. Just like most cosmetic errors in this game.

Hegedus.Roberto
Posted (edited)

No and it won't be until there is another title update. Just like most cosmetic errors in this game.

I don't understand the logic behind that... and many game developers seem to forget that first impressions matter a LOT.

People who are going to buy this first week after it's release (or those who check out youtuber's review the car) will have a strong opinion on the bugs and lack of customization. They will turn away from the car, sell it, and if the issues get fixed and we do get a few more customization options added, like the iconic oval spoiler, there aren't going to be a lot of people who would re-buy the car to check out the changes, when the damage is already done. They are trowing out a lot of profit by releasing something unfinished and not even giving out a promise that it's going to be fixed later.

I personally would be happier if this car wouldn't even be released until fixed and made into a benny's car. I don't want it as a lazy "sport classic" with barely any mods and ugly exhausts.

Edited by Hegedus.Roberto

EVOLUT7ON

Instead of moaning and chatting here about R* logic, etc., you can copy your post and send it to [email protected]
Also, you can add to your message a full list of bugs and issues (link)

More reports - more chances to be fixed.