Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,101 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

EVOLUT7ON

Jester Classic Appreciation/Discussion Thread

Nihilist.

It may take some time for me to get used to this Jester, similarly to how I wasn't too crazy about Elegy Retro Custom at first. Headlights look kinda odd, the back seem to be a bit flat, lacking details. Dunno, maybe I'll change my mind when it officially comes out and I have some time to try it out, see it with my own eyes.

Emmet262

F**K YES THEY FINALLY ANSWERED

Commander S
Posted (edited)

Thing with the Elegy Retro was that it made tweaks to the San Andreas version, but all in service of making the various elements look more like actual Skyline GT-Rs.

That would have been ideal, IMO - take the original Jester look, and then update the details in a more realistically 'Supra' fashion, rather than copying the same lines as model from 14 years ago, without any thought or creativity.

Edited by Commander S

SkylineGTRFreak
Posted (edited)

Thing with the Elegy Retro was that it made tweaks to the San Andreas version, but all in service of making the various elements look more like actual Skyline GT-Rs.

That would have been ideal, IMO - take the original Jester look, and then update the details in a more realistically 'Supra' fashion, rather than copying the same lines as model from 14 years ago, without any thought or creativity.

If I might say that... I feel for what GTA SA was, even its Jester was closer to the original than this one... But i really need to see in person to make my final judgement.

Edited by SkylineGTRFreak

Verbal Soze

It's...

Mitsubishi FTO 🤣

Commander S
Posted (edited)

Here's Joonas, doing his usual magic with it:

DYvIWIKW4AAMmlH.jpg

Which makes it look a fair bit better, until you see the same treatment given to something like the Ellie:

DYu1kgdWAAAZNMh.jpg

Comparing the two, it looks like two different games - and looking back at the San Andreas Jester, even that had decal options.

...I keep coming back to this idea, but I really feel a do-over is necessary - bit like the new Entity, the GP1, etc. A better Supra analogue, this time as a Benny's car, with a revised model, and in Sports instead of Sports Classics.

Edited by Commander S

gunziness

Doesnt look bad (other than the exhausts) but it looks like modder-tier quality IMO.

Panos Vl
Posted (edited)

can somebody make two worn variants?1)#0A000AE w/ice white pearl and 2)#13252DAA w/gasoline green pearl.I know i ask too much.

Edited by Panos Vl

Zader

This car has some real curious looks to me now that I've seen it rendered with all the wheels on, but I don't think I mind it very much. The rear end looks a bit iffy, and that's what I'll be seeing most out of the car, which is a concern.

I also cannot fathom why this thing is in the sports classics class. It should go alongside the Elegy.

TheTitantron

Anyone knows if the exhaust can be replaced?

Panos Vl

^^thats what i would like to know too they look hella ugly

Commander S
Posted (edited)

...okay, I've worked out what the problem is, compared to something like the Elegy - and this also applies to things like the Lynx:

If you look at the Elegy, or the Infernus Classic, the reason why those often look so realistic is because ...they almost are. By which I mean they're not just designed by taking bits of different cars and then creating a single design out of them - the art team has literally recreated those parts almost 1:1, and then assembled the car out of them.

So, for the Elegy Retro, you've got a near-perfect R32 Skyline GT-R body, with a rear pretty close to an actual R34, and likewise genuine R33 cues at the front:

Nissan_Skyline_R32_GT-R_001.jpg

Q6iXQmZ.jpg

Nissan_Skyline_R33_GT-R_001.jpg

Meanwhile, with some of the weaker things (new Jester included), there's clearly been some attempt to use real cars as a reference in the design stage, but when it comes to the model itself, the bod responsible has just decided to eyeball it, rather than actually copying the real car. And in this case, they were clearly trying to replicate the look of the PS2-era model while doing so, rather than trying to recreate bits of actual Supra:

HJA110.005.JPGDYvIWIKW4AAMmlH.jpg

Look at the Nokota as another example of how to do it right - R* could have just done a slightly polished take on the Rustler, but instead, they ditched that 'sorta-kinda' amalgamation, in favour of a really faithful rendition of a P-51 Mustang. Likewise, I get the feeling more people would have been happy with an all-new thing like a 'Karin Saikou' or whatever, that actually replicates real Supra cues, rather than just slavishly recreating bits from the SA design.

Edited by Commander S

unbid

I'm pissed that this isn't a Karin and still use the name "Jester" despite the newer version of Jester is a NSX.

20180320170359_1.jpg

20180320170436_1.jpg

Shame that means the 90's NSX is a no go.

APB

790K, ehhh.

FelipeSCCP

I think that the community requested so much the SA Jester, that instead of making a new one from the ground, they just picked it and give a HD treatment. Also, if they changed the Jester Classic to a NSX, most of the community reaction would be like "THIS IS A DISASTER! HOW COULD THEY GIVE US A JESTER CLASSIC THAT ISN'T A SUPRA! KILL YOURSELF ROCKSTAR!"

Let's hope that at least they change it to sports.

Commander S

I think that the community requested so much the SA Jester, that instead of making a new one from the ground, they just picked it and give a HD treatment. Also, if they changed the Jester Classic to a NSX, most of the community reaction would be like "THIS IS A DISASTER! HOW COULD THEY GIVE US A JESTER CLASSIC THAT ISN'T A SUPRA! KILL YOURSELF ROCKSTAR!"

Let's hope that at least they change it to sports.

What's really annoying is that for the Hustler, the Infernus Classic, the Hermes, and a few others, R* actually did update the designs to look close to the 3D-era cars, but using actual cues from real cars, rather than just doing a brand-new sculpt from the ground up.

I.e., the aim was to recreate the real cars first, and the 3D-era namesakes second - meanwhile this is just a recreation of the SA Jester, with no attempt to put some accurate Supra in there.

But yeah, I now hope that something like the RX-7 gets an all-new incarnation in GTAO, based on the actual FD, and not just some bare-bones recreation of the SA ZR-350 model...

TG_Stig

40921653201_a598c2c5c9_h.jpg

40213044124_2f7a20853a_h.jpg

26048789837_e8e55d6d07_h.jpg

40921637511_3d48ab869d_h.jpg

26048872817_dac1efbbbd_h.jpg

SS97

Imo its a wasted potential. Look at those oversized headlights and the exhausts.

Not like the one I wanted for over a year.

Silnev

This just screams of "last minute". I mean that design looks like it was just rushed together to the point where it looks like it's just a hd version of the san andreas model. Like the headlights are exactly the same as they were in san andreas. Also really "Dinka Jester Classic" what the actual f*ck, why is it called that. Is it because that's what the supra in san andreas is called? They gave one of the cars a unique brand just for itself in this update and here we're getting a jester classic.

Also how can the Saikou from Midnight Club 2 a game from 15 years ago look better than this coming out now. I wish they hd-ified the Saikou model from MC2 it would've been much closer to a Supra than this...

q7omwcI.png

slim0121

The headlights. The shape of the rear....those damn headlights!

Heartbreaking.

At least they did a great job with the new Entity XXR though & I genuinely mean that

.Will.

looking at customized ones im actually really liking it.

M.K.N.
Posted (edited)

OP: Good luck with that; Rockstar will likely not pay attention to your report since they're busy counting how much money they're receiving from Shark Cards.

The car looks pretty promising, to say at least, even if it's not visually pleasing to the eyes of many. Least it has good modification options, least IMHO.

Edited by M.K.N.

EVOLUT7ON

Unfortunately, this car has low options for customizing and just a lazy copycat from GTA SA with ugly headlights and rear lights.

In forthcoming days, I'm going to write a report to R* about that. The report will be published here, so you could help me with the issue.
Yes, I will report about such ugly convert to R* cuz it's a spittle in the face to all fans, imo.

Just compare Elegy Retro, Sultan RS, Kuruma, Sentinel Classic, Comet Retro with this :/
Poor work.

OP: Good luck with that; Rockstar will likely not pay attention to your report since they're busy counting how much money they're receiving from Shark Cards.

The car looks pretty promising, to say at least, even if it's not visually pleasing to the eyes of many. Least it has good modification options, least IMHO.

Yes, I doubt I could change anything. But anyway, I want to be heard and want to share this report as much as I can. Just it.

M.K.N.

Unfortunately, this car has low options for customizing and just a lazy copycat from GTA SA with ugly headlights and rear lights.

In forthcoming days, I'm going to write a report to R* about that. The report will be published here, so you could help me with the issue.

Yes, I will report about such ugly convert to R* cuz it's a spittle in the face to all fans, imo.

Just compare Elegy Retro, Sultan RS, Kuruma, Sentinel Classic, Comet Retro with this :/ Poor work.

If you say so. Again, hopefully Rockstar will listen to your complaints, though the chances of them replying is very slim at best. Last time I filed a complaint to Rockstar was left silent entirely. And the only reply I got from a previous complaint ticket was an automated reply.

Commander S

Just compare Elegy Retro, Sultan RS, Kuruma, Sentinel Classic, Comet Retro with this :/ Poor work.

Yes, I doubt I could change anything. But anyway, I want to be heard and want to share this report as much as I can. Just it.

I don't think they'll change this car - but I also don't think it's unreasonable to request the car we actually wanted, either.

I've got a WIP update concept that I need to finish ASAP (hopefully by the end of the week, health permitting!), and a proper Supra (in Sports, with Benny's-style custom options) was always one of the 'must-have' inclusions.

Can't say this enough: if R* can do multiple variants of Comet Retro or Tampa, as well as follow up the Tyrus with a more faithful F1 in the GP1, then it's not beyond the realm of possibility to ask for a 'Karin ______' that actually does the Supra justice.

jdv95

wait it only has a couple mods?

they already f*cked it over imo aswell.

M.K.N.

^And the chances for R* to actually listen is slim to nonexistent. They do whatever they want and forcefeed us to whichever content they give us, whether we want it or not. They care more about their profits than their fans.

jdv95

can anyone tell me how it sounds?

maybe that might be the good thing about the car.

EVOLUT7ON

Would be much better to see such rear lights from Ruiner 2000, imo. Modern style be like:

puY6bx5.jpg

Snoopbr

40921653201_a598c2c5c9_h.jpg

40213044124_2f7a20853a_h.jpg

26048789837_e8e55d6d07_h.jpg

40921637511_3d48ab869d_h.jpg

26048872817_dac1efbbbd_h.jpg

Plz do not evoke wheel sexuality here..