3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Dexter_Kun

PC Problem

Dexter_Kun
Posted (edited)

Hi guys i need help. I was playing GTA V with GT9800 1GB no problems except it bottle necks to my cpu so i bought myself a new graphics card which is GT730. When i start GTA V after a few minutes of gameplay my computer says LACK OF MEMORY and then my whole pc freezes but it didnt happened before it only happened when i got the new graphics card. I was forced to press and hold the power button to turn off the pc.

Heres what happened before i replaced my old gpu:

*I tried turning my pc on without the gpu but didnt boot so i tried removing one RAM STICK and it booted and put back the other ram stick and it worked.

*I didnt turn my on pc on for few days.

After i replaced my gpu i forgot to uninstall my old graphics driver and install the new driver directly.

So can someone help me i hope theres a solution

PC specs

Q8300 Core2Quad processor

4GB 2x4 ddr2 ram

P5kpl-am mobo

Gt730 1gb 128b gddr3

EDIT: Okay guys i fixed it, I just changed the VRAM in settings. Thanks You!

Edited by Dexter_Kun

Andreaz1
Posted (edited)

Your new card is hardly any better than the old one. The PC is already telling you what's wrong. You seem to be running out of RAM or VRAM but you need to tell us what parts are actually in your PC for anyone to be able to be sure.

Edited by Andreaz1

Dexter_Kun

My PC specs

Core2Quad q8300 cpu

GT730 2GB 128b gddr3

4GB Ram DDR2

P5kpl-am mobo

My old gpu is 1GB 286b gddr3

Dexter_Kun

Up

Piro

I'm not an expect but I would say buy more RAM

4GB in 2018 is pretty low

Blaze

LACK OF MEMORY is a pretty clear cut error, iirc VRAM errors give a D3D_INIT error so it sounds like a system memory issue. Maybe with the newer GPU/2GB VRAM GTAV bumped up the graphical settings and the system memory cant keep up?

HaRdSTyLe_83

I'm not an expect but I would say buy more RAM

4GB in 2018 is pretty low

I dont think there is any upgrade worth buying for that build. Quad2core, ddr2..

Dexter_Kun

Pls help

Dexter_Kun

LACK OF MEMORY is a pretty clear cut error, iirc VRAM errors give a D3D_INIT error so it sounds like a system memory issue. Maybe with the newer GPU/2GB VRAM GTAV bumped up the graphical settings and the system memory cant keep up?

Wdym?😢

sivispacem

You need more RAM. Actually, you need a whole new computer.

Blaze

To be fair those old 771 xeons on the 775 socket can pack a decent punch - get something like an x3430 up to the mid 3ghz's on a decent board and you'll get fairly decent frame rates and performance, ofcourse it'll most likely be trumped by an entry level i3/ryzen 3 chip these days but those old chips are literal pennies now and can be a decent way to get extra life out of an old system. That being said it really does get to the point where it'd be better off to move to a new platform instead of dumping money into older gens (ie if you have a mATX DDR2 board with two dimm slots you'll struggle to find 2x4gb sticks for a decent price). OP, maybe look for a 750 ti or something along those lines; cheap enough that it wont break the bank but still holds up for moderate 1080p gaming.

Batman Who Laughs

To be fair those old 771 xeons on the 775 socket can pack a decent punch - get something like an x3430 up to the mid 3ghz's on a decent board and you'll get fairly decent frame rates and performance, ofcourse it'll most likely be trumped by an entry level i3/ryzen 3 chip these days but those old chips are literal pennies now and can be a decent way to get extra life out of an old system. That being said it really does get to the point where it'd be better off to move to a new platform instead of dumping money into older gens (ie if you have a mATX DDR2 board with two dimm slots you'll struggle to find 2x4gb sticks for a decent price). OP, maybe look for a 750 ti or something along those lines; cheap enough that it wont break the bank but still holds up for moderate 1080p gaming.

You're not wrong there. But with the spec he's got it'll cost a bomb upgrading DDR2 these days, no one stocks the damn stuff, plus it's delaying the inevitable. Just save for a new rig.

Blaze

If it's an ATX board with 4 DIMM slots you can get single 2gb sticks fairly cheap on ebay for 8gb total, if you wanted to go 16gb you'd be looking for 4gb sticks which are harder to find (for standard desktop RAM anyway theres an abundance of server RAM on ebay) plus I don't think there were many 775 boards that could take 16gb unless it was one of those few boards that supported DDR2/3 at the same time. I'd say775 is really now on the cusp of obsolescence (I'm sure some would say it's long dead in the water) but you can pick up CQ2 machines for cheap as sh*t, chuck in one of those x3430s I mentioned and a low profile 750ti or something and have a sub $100 moderate 1080p gaming machine. Not the greatest performing machine by any stretch of the imagination but an easy introduction to PC gaming, living room machine, htpc or whatever else.