3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Jack Lupino

Things you hate the most about Vice City

American Venom

Won't mention the lack of swimming as that's obvious.

-Though I love the story the most out of the 3D era it really just fizzles out after Diaz is killed and it's a waiting game until Tommy finally confronts Sonny.

It's a great story, but it feels like its main premise is over before you know it. It's not as terrible as San Andreas, but I would've liked to have seen more time spent developing the Diaz arc and why exactly he ripped Tommy off in more detail.

-RC races. Well I don't like these in any 3D era GTA. They're childish and stupid.

-Properties should cost more. Eventually you still rack up 100s of 1000s of dollars even when you buy everything.

Eh. That's about it. It's hard to find anything about this modern classic I don't like.

Motherstep

I think the shopping mall is a waste of potential. We're taken there once for the purposes of a mission, and there is the option to change your outfit, but otherwise I wouldn't have known or cared it was there. Aside from a hardware store, there is a baffling lack of anything interactive or worthwhile. For something that takes up such a large chunk of the upper map, I would expect at least a property development or asset. The only saving grace for me is the nearby carpark and the music that plays when you're inside.

Utopianthumbs

One nitpick I have is that npcs(by which I mean the pedestrians) feel rather bland in this game compared to SA or III, there's no good pedestrian dialogue in this game while the other two have more memorable npc dialogue

Edited by Utopianthumbs

Evil empire

The minigun dramatically lacks of power against the police helicopters, its range is too limited and you can't use it to behead your victims. This weapon is much more convenient in San Andreas.

tommyvercettikiller666

What I hate most of the Vice City is the easter egg in which we can see some pictures of Candy Suxxx having sex with Colonel Cortez. That easter egg disgusts me, I would have liked to see Tommy in those photographs, not the colonel.

The Mysterious One
8 hours ago, tommyvercettikiller666 said:

What I hate most of the Vice City is the easter egg in which we can see some pictures of Candy Suxxx having sex with Colonel Cortez. That easter egg disgusts me, I would have liked to see Tommy in those photographs, not the colonel.

I remember I took a closer look at those pictures a while back and I thought "Huh?" For the longest time, I thought it was Candy with Shrub as it was known that Shrub was having an affair with Candy, but then I looked closer at the pictures and saw that it was actually Cortez.

stef_92

- Tommy sprints faster than a cheetah

- Tommy survives unrealistically high falls + always performs a roll when he falls to the ground no matter if it happens from from the roof of a house or a skyscraper. At least they could make him splash on the ground (like Claude in GTA 3) while falling form really high places but no... he just rolls once and keeps walking like nothing happened.

- Just like many people here pointed out - the beach area is way too big and the city itself is small. In fact it's smaller than Libery City from GTA 3.

Ertan Soner

Map is too small
Some pointless missions like that helicopter mission
You can't get your weapons back when you die

MrAlexxV

there are only 2 things i hate about VC is that when in the start parts Tommy gets tired from running fast and Dirty Lickin's mission..rest is fine with me.

GrudgefromSanAndreas

The fact that time between clicking and actual shooting delays for cca half a second. Only exceptions are M60, RPG, Assault Rifle and Sniper Rifle letting you aim with RMB

SYㅤGaming

Hey Alexx, 

This video can help you in completing the Mission Dirty Lickin's in just a few seconds. 

🔗 Link: https://youtu.be/4HT0__cCG2c

17 hours ago, MrAlexxV said:

there are only 2 things i hate about VC is that when in the start parts Tommy gets tired from running fast and Dirty Lickin's mission..rest is fine with me.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ 

Edited by lancevance123

Wolff
  • Storyline could've gone a bit deeper, I would've liked getting to know more about the people who personally busted the deal at the beginning and Leo Teal's life/activities (and the unseen characters related to him only mentioned on the official site, Eugene and Moweesha) atleast he also would've been a perfect character to expand on in Vice City Stories.
  • Map feels a bit small but the east side alone makes it more fun and interesting than GTA 3's map imo (although the beach is unnecessarily big). Most of the west side is a bit underwhelming.
Edited by Wolff

Evil empire

The fact you can't use a minigun and a flamethrower simultaneousy is annoying especially since the enemies' bullets can destroy the bottles.

perennial
18 hours ago, Evil empire said:

The fact you can't use a minigun and a flamethrower simultaneousy is annoying especially since the enemies' bullets can destroy the bottles.

On PC it's possible to edit the weapon.dat file to make the weapons use different slots. As a kid I wished I could carry the rocket launcher and minigun at the same time, it wasn't until later I realized I could do that by changing one number!

Anyway, my biggest disappointment was the map. There's a lot of wasted space, and VC feels smaller than LC from GTA III despite occupying a larger area.

TheSantader25

-Short Story(it had potential to be longer and cover more areas of criminalized VC(could've also had a bigger map to help it)) 

-Tommy can't swim. (FFS it's miami! ) 

-Tommy seems to lose health while he falls from very short heights. (can be applied to all 3D era GTAs) 

Evil empire
On 9/8/2018 at 5:58 PM, perennial said:

On PC it's possible to edit the weapon.dat file to make the weapons use different slots. As a kid I wished I could carry the rocket launcher and minigun at the same time, it wasn't until later I realized I could do that by changing one number!

Anyway, my biggest disappointment was the map. There's a lot of wasted space, and VC feels smaller than LC from GTA III despite occupying a larger area.

I discovered the solution today. 31.gif46.gif

The vehicles don't have any turn signal which makes I oftenly crash into them and fall from my bike, this is very annoying.

The road network is the worst compared to Liberty City and the San Andreas cities. It lacks of large roads, when I want to fast travel from one point to another it limits my choices and brings a certain monotony.

Hmmm nice bike
On 9/9/2018 at 10:24 AM, TheSantader25 said:

-Tommy seems to lose health while he falls from very short heights. (can be applied to all 3D era GTAs) 

The strange thing about Tommy is that he can lose health from simply falling off of a short flight of stairs, but he'll also survive falling off of a tall enough height that would definitely kill characters in later games. He can fall 100 feet and do a roll when he hits the ground and be back on his feet.

MrAlexxV

@lancevance123 Thx i also have my version of passing it. I just hate that it gives that lame sniper rifle instead of that laser scoped sniper which then appears at his 3 safe houses..oh and forgot that car race also sucks..jh

Thx nvbn v   thz   hgjj 

Edited by MrAlexxV
fixing

MrAlexxV

Sorry for double posting but there's something wrong with the page. I see misspelled things which i cant fix, Admins please delete the top comment...http://Screenshot_1_zpsairscwwz.jpg

Edited by MrAlexxV

markusizr
On 6/28/2018 at 6:53 AM, The Mysterious One said:

I remember I took a closer look at those pictures a while back and I thought "Huh?" For the longest time, I thought it was Candy with Shrub as it was known that Shrub was having an affair with Candy, but then I looked closer at the pictures and saw that it was actually Cortez.

But Cortez left city. Where is damn logic :/

markusizr

Here is few things i hate on VC

1) There is no Empire Buildings from vcs

2) No explanation who ordered it to kill Vic Vance . What he did wrong?

3) No Mentioning about how Diaz betrayed Tommy and Lance

4)Why Mike didn't appeared on Cop Land?

5) No words about Vance Gang and Family. Like Janet and Pete, Mary-Jo  Cassidy and Mary Beth Williams Where they all were at 1986?

6) Auntie's Phone Call. Tommy, Tommy why you coming back here for? I tell you we don't want to see you around here no more. Did she betrayed Tommy for no reasons?

Edited by markusizr
few corrections

grosso2626

1. The cops in this game are so annoying. They're literally everywhere and you have to watch any time you get into a car with a one star wanted level, because chances are a cop will be around and can easily bust you. Sometimes I'll be driving and a cop will randomly run in front of my car and I'll get a two star wanted level.

2. The firefighter mission has always given me trouble. I get up to about level 8 and then I fail because if even one person on fire dies you fail. Doesn't help that they all run off in different directions once you put a car out. 

3. Not being able to swim in a game that makes great use of the ocean in certain missions and having plenty of boats is dumb. 

4. The taxi missions are long and boring. I usually do 25 at a time throughout the game until I'm finally done with them.

5. That stupid rocket launcher rampage located on a wooden pier in the middle of the ocean. 

Wolff
On 9/28/2018 at 2:59 AM, markusizr said:

6) Auntie's Phone Call. Tommy, Tommy why you coming back here for? I tell you we don't want to see you around here no more. Did she betrayed Tommy for no reasons?

He used him to do dirty work against the Cubans and ditched him when it was done. Seeing she 'tricked' Tommy into doing all that stuff is a clear indication there was never an intention to a serious relationship so it's not weird for her to cut him off abruptly after the work was over. But I wasn't a fan of her anyway, was a bit silly to see the stone cold Tommy turn into a coward because of some 'voodoo curse'.

Lock n' Stock

The lack of swimming is annoying, and the shooting mechanics (especially on console) are painfully dated.

And of course the mission 'The Driver'. God, I hated that useless fat f*ck.

Beato_dim
On 10/17/2018 at 11:34 PM, grosso2626 said:

4. The taxi missions are long and boring. I usually do 25 at a time throughout the game until I'm finally done with them.

I've actually managed to do 100 in a row last week at the start of my latest playthrough. The most useless achievement of my life :D

Evil empire

The drive-by rampages suck.

Jeansowaty

I dislike that R* did not give us an early techno/house radio station, or at least a damn disco station would be good. VCS fixed this up, luckily.

Rocket1921

Sonny Forelly could have been a lot better as an antagonist.

Beato_dim
On 10/20/2018 at 3:19 AM, Evil empire said:

The drive-by rampages suck.

Idk, they're pretty quick and painless for me.

lowpolygangster

Only two things I hate but I HATE too much is not the possibility of swimming when it is a city full of water islands, beaches etc.

And the handling of the Freeway is the worst of the whole saga, it seems that you are driving a motorcycle in the ice

Edited by lowpolygangster