4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Jack Lupino

Things you hate the most about Vice City

Hmmm nice bike
14 hours ago, RetroMystic said:

Except for the fact that the map is literally 5 islands surrounded by water so no, it's not unnecessary. You can't have stunt jumps over water that you can't swim in, an unforgiving running mechanic that means if you don't stop your sprint in time you end up dying (plus any other physics based issues that mean you end up in the water) or boat based missions

Getting out of boats next to a dock was a bitch. If they couldn't include swimming, they should have at least included a climbing animation that would trigger as long as you're fairly close to the edge of land when you're in a boat. Instead you're left jumping out, and often you end up not making it and falling into the water anyway.

Algonquin Assassin

Won't mention the lack of swimming as that's obvious.

-Though I love the story the most out of the 3D era it really just fizzles out after Diaz is killed and it's a waiting game until Tommy finally confronts Sonny.

It's a great story, but it feels like its main premise is over before you know it. It's not as terrible as San Andreas, but I would've liked to have seen more time spent developing the Diaz arc and why exactly he ripped Tommy off in more detail.

-RC races. Well I don't like these in any 3D era GTA. They're childish and stupid.

-Properties should cost more. Eventually you still rack up 100s of 1000s of dollars even when you buy everything.

Eh. That's about it. It's hard to find anything about this modern classic I don't like.

∴

I think the shopping mall is a waste of potential. We're taken there once for the purposes of a mission, and there is the option to change your outfit, but otherwise I wouldn't have known or cared it was there. Aside from a hardware store, there is a baffling lack of anything interactive or worthwhile. For something that takes up such a large chunk of the upper map, I would expect at least a property development or asset. The only saving grace for me is the nearby carpark and the music that plays when you're inside.

Utopianthumbs
Posted (edited)

One nitpick I have is that npcs(by which I mean the pedestrians) feel rather bland in this game compared to SA or III, there's no good pedestrian dialogue in this game while the other two have more memorable npc dialogue

Edited by Utopianthumbs

Evil empire

The minigun dramatically lacks of power against the police helicopters, its range is too limited and you can't use it to behead your victims. This weapon is much more convenient in San Andreas.

tommyvercettikiller666

What I hate most of the Vice City is the easter egg in which we can see some pictures of Candy Suxxx having sex with Colonel Cortez. That easter egg disgusts me, I would have liked to see Tommy in those photographs, not the colonel.

The Mysterious One
8 hours ago, tommyvercettikiller666 said:

What I hate most of the Vice City is the easter egg in which we can see some pictures of Candy Suxxx having sex with Colonel Cortez. That easter egg disgusts me, I would have liked to see Tommy in those photographs, not the colonel.

I remember I took a closer look at those pictures a while back and I thought "Huh?" For the longest time, I thought it was Candy with Shrub as it was known that Shrub was having an affair with Candy, but then I looked closer at the pictures and saw that it was actually Cortez.

stef_92

- Tommy sprints faster than a cheetah

- Tommy survives unrealistically high falls + always performs a roll when he falls to the ground no matter if it happens from from the roof of a house or a skyscraper. At least they could make him splash on the ground (like Claude in GTA 3) while falling form really high places but no... he just rolls once and keeps walking like nothing happened.

- Just like many people here pointed out - the beach area is way too big and the city itself is small. In fact it's smaller than Libery City from GTA 3.