Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,156 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Forza Harrd

So is GTAO the best driving sim game for real?

Forza Harrd

My only hard copy games for my Xbox one console are GTA 5 and Forza 6. I recently purchased Forza Horizon 3 and Assetto Corsa.

As much as I love driving a Lotus 25 at the 'Ring, GTAO is still the place I go to drive my stock GP1 in first person mode in traffic to get my supercar fix after reading the latest issue of R&T or C&D.

Am I missing something? Is there another game with free roam capabilities plus first person driving and a lot of great cars to choose from?

Aslad

My only hard copy games for my Xbox one console are GTA 5 and Forza 6. I recently purchased Forza Horizon 3 and Assetto Corsa.

As much as I love driving a Lotus 25 at the 'Ring, GTAO is still the place I go to drive my stock GP1 in first person mode in traffic to get my supercar fix after reading the latest issue of R&T or C&D.

Am I missing something? Is there another game with free roam capabilities plus first person driving and a lot of great cars to choose from?

Forza Horizon 3 is probably your best bet :)

Scottiedog123

I read the title of the thread and thought.. wtf?? But you have a really good point. In terms of physics etc, no. But GTA gives me something else in terms of driving sim pleasure.i certainly don't get the same buzz from GT sport. I can only dream of an open world environment as interesting as gta's , but with all the real cars I want modelled with complete accuracy.

Arrows to Athens
Posted (edited)

You can wait until the Crew 2 comes out. Most stunning graphics I've seen since Driveclub. Plus, the game's map consists of most of the USA and is like ten GTA 5 maps combined together.

Skip to 4:45 to see just how big the world is:

Edited by Arrows to Athens

rlk232

It's somewhere between sim and arcade, leaning slightly more toward arcade IMO. This is from a guy who spent months of his teenage years on GT2 doing the 100 lap endurance races over and over to get all the special cars, though I've never played races much since. While the variety of vehicles in this game is very nice, an inordinately large percentage are merely reskins and you can tell when driving them. I thought the topless Coquette Blackfin would herald the release of them taking the game back to it's driving based roots but I was sadly wrong. They just decided more hypercars= more money from tweens and said to hell with everything else.

rlk232
Posted (edited)

Double post, my bad.

Edited by rlk232

Randoom.
Posted (edited)

Now that I think about it, it is the only game that I really enjoy racing in..even though the vehicle classes are a big f*cking mess. Maybe it's all the player made tracks that keep me interested.

You can wait until the Crew 2 comes out. Most stunning graphics I've seen since Driveclub. Plus, the game's map consists of most of the USA and is like ten GTA 5 maps combined together.

-snip-

-snip-

I was in the closed alpha...trust me, don't get your hopes up too much. It may or may not feel an awful lot like the first game.

Edited by Randoom.

Forza Harrd

I played the first Gran Turismo in a trailer at a car show racing a stranger in split screen mode, both driving Acura NSX's. My first experience getting schooled and I was hooked.

I think maybe I like stunt racing because I got burned out on that kind iof simulation hot lapping. I used to do those 100 lap races too. I think I did them on every issue of the game just to complete them.

Now that I have the money making part of the game figured out I just like playing with cars, planes, and helicopters. I start out with something planning to do a photoshoot and end up just joyriding for a session and forget the photos. I always mention the GP1, today I realized my 2nd char didn't have one, so I bought one and painted it crew Worn Dark Red (it's not worn of course on xb1 but still a cool color), armor, bulletproof tires and a spoiler and kept the rest stock and just drove it in first person til it was time to quit playing.

Arrows to Athens

Now that I think about it, it is the only game that I really enjoy racing in..even though the vehicle classes are a big f*cking mess. Maybe it's all the player made tracks that keep me interested.

-snip-

-snip-

I was in the closed alpha...trust me, don't get your hopes up too much. It may or may not feel an awful lot like the first game.

What do you mean? The graphics aren't as good as advertised? The map isn't as big as advertised? The variety of vehicles is lacking?

rlk232

I played the first Gran Turismo in a trailer at a car show racing a stranger in split screen mode, both driving Acura NSX's. My first experience getting schooled and I was hooked.

I think maybe I like stunt racing because I got burned out on that kind iof simulation hot lapping. I used to do those 100 lap races too. I think I did them on every issue of the game just to complete them.

Now that I have the money making part of the game figured out I just like playing with cars, planes, and helicopters. I start out with something planning to do a photoshoot and end up just joyriding for a session and forget the photos. I always mention the GP1, today I realized my 2nd char didn't have one, so I bought one and painted it crew Worn Dark Red (it's not worn of course on xb1 but still a cool color), armor, bulletproof tires and a spoiler and kept the rest stock and just drove it in first person til it was time to quit playing.

Same here. I just love owning around 100 supercars, nearly 35 planes and choppers etc. Driving makes a lot of it fun but it needs to be fleshed out more. I bet the next GTA iteration has a more sim driving option because they could potentially steal business from games like Forza that way.

Randoom.

-snip-

-snip-

What do you mean? The graphics aren't as good as advertised? The map isn't as big as advertised? The variety of vehicles is lacking?

Graphics and map aren't everything. I'm not gonna say anything too specific though as the game is under NDA.

Arrows to Athens

-snip-

-snip-

Graphics and map aren't everything. I'm not gonna say anything too specific though as the game is under NDA.

You said it doesn't feel an awful lot like the first game. I never played the first one, but from what I've seen, it didn't look great. Then again, why must it be like the first one?

Cutter De Blanc

Those Crew 2 videos make the game look like it's got arcadey physics

Flyin_Japman

Driving seems realistic until I tap a small rock and go flying through the air.

HamwithCheese

Gtao is surprisingly a good driving game. Some cars have roll, some cars have bad brakes, oversteer, snap oversteer, understeer and even on throttle understeer. Its terrible racing game, that's where GT Sport shines for me.

That game has so much depth. Even though there aren't many cars or tracks, there are certain cars that are so bad, I work on them to fit my preference. Then, I take what I learn there, and try to apply that tech into other cars. Couple days ago, I used differential setting to fix my pantera. Now I'm trying to fix my corvette with that.

Mach1bud

Pretty sure that's because it's an arcade racer.

Arrows to Athens
Posted (edited)

That's because it's not a driving sim like Forza, GT, Project Cars, etc. OP never asked for a driving sim specifically.

Bloodytears1666

I do agree there is no semi simulator game as GTA on market today. It has that good old NFS physics and some vibes with gorgeous views. Sad it is not in Europe.

HamwithCheese

Was incredibly disappointed with the Crew 2. I was hoping they would fix the physics of the game, but they didn't even try. Instead, they add boats.

Arrows to Athens

Was incredibly disappointed with the Crew 2. I was hoping they would fix the physics of the game, but they didn't even try. Instead, they add boats.

Are the physics actually f*cked? They've already postponed the game, so don't expect a release until sometime in late spring or early summer. Maybe they're spending that time improving it?

pez2k

Test Drive Unlimited is a better supercar owning experience than The Crew in my opinion, although it's from the same core developers.

That's because it's not a driving sim like Forza, GT, Project Cars, etc.

Off-topic, but it's always good to see people casually listing pCARS alongside Forza and GT - that was the dream nearly 7 years ago when it was just a forum post and it's still sort of weird to think about.

HamwithCheese

Are the physics actually f*cked? They've already postponed the game, so don't expect a release until sometime in late spring or early summer. Maybe they're spending that time improving it?

Honestly doubt it. The game looks practically the same as the original, last time I saw it.

Arrows to Athens
Posted (edited)

Honestly doubt it. The game looks practically the same as the original, last time I saw it.

It depends on which one you're comparing it to. There's the Crew, and then there's the Wild Run. They looks similar, but the Crew 2 still wins in terms of graphics and sound.

Then again, the game's not even out yet, so...

HamwithCheese

I meant the game looks the same in terms of physics. Cars still look floaty and lifeless. Off road cars barely have suspension travel. Its like all the cars are secretly f1 cars that weigh 4000 pounds.

Arrows to Athens
Posted (edited)

I meant the game looks the same in terms of physics. Cars still look floaty and lifeless. Off road cars barely have suspension travel. Its like all the cars are secretly f1 cars that weigh 4000 pounds.

I've never played a Crew game ever, so that won't mean much to me. Keep in mind that we're coming from a GTA game that already has unrealistic, acradey physics. Then again, realism is not everything to everyone. It's a game at the end of the day. Realism to some extent is good, but not too much.

Pedinhuh
Posted (edited)

>GTAO

>Best driving

>Sim

Sorry but this game neither is a sim nor offers the best driving experience, unless you're easily impressionable.

Edited by Pedinhuh

Dacelo

GTAO's racing and handling is way too arcadey to ever be considered a sim, even if you ignore the fact that it doesn't even support manual transmission.

Phmiller714

I could play forza for hours and still not have as much fun driving than i do in GTA. Theres just something about it

FluxAmbulance

Best driving sim? No.

Best arcade driving? No.

Best driving in a wide open sandbox? Yes!

IceDree

I have all 3 FH games & while FH3 have some of my favorite cars, the games feel lifeless & restricted. Sure, Forza & other racing sims beat GTA in handling, car interior graphics, colors & wheel selection (FH3), but GTA is alive in comparison. The pedestrians, traffic, cops, ambient noises, weather*, music, great blend of City\Country\Highways, freedom of exploring the map, decent vehicle designs, the way our characters behaves in the vehicles & the freedom to leave said vehicles anytime you want more than make up for what GTA lacks.

GTA have that "it", that certain je ne sais quoi that other games can't successfully replicate. And imo, the only game that can beat GTA V\O is the next GTA.

Does that make any sense at all?

Speaking of The Crew 2, I haven't played the original one, but I'm interested in the new one. I'll wait for the complete car list to see if there's bunch of cars I like (there's a Speciale** & a GT3 RS, but that won't cut it) & if we're able to customize the cars before I decide to buy it.

_____

* the weather is excellent in SP, but O is lacking. Also, FH3 nailed the rain & wet windows look.

** R*, what's taking you so damn long to add a frickin 458\488????????