Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Ciaran

The Division 2

Recommended Posts

We Are Ninja

Went ahead and preordered, so I wound up with beta access. I really enjoyed it, but I enjoyed the first game too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HaRdSTyLe_83

i was going to redeem the free game that you get if you pre-ordered, and give it away since i already own watch dogs 2, farcry primal and ghost recon wildlands. turns out you cant.

just got a message saying i already owned all the games and that i would be getting an email with a gift on the 15th..

 

anyone know what that gift is?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Sikee Atric
1 hour ago, HaRdSTyLe_83 said:

i was going to redeem the free game that you get if you pre-ordered, and give it away since i already own watch dogs 2, farcry primal and ghost recon wildlands. turns out you cant.

just got a message saying i already owned all the games and that i would be getting an email with a gift on the 15th..

 

anyone know what that gift is?

 

It'll probably be a discount voucher of some description.....

I've played a few nights now and I hate to admit it, but I'm quite impressed.  The city is beautiful, the scale is more open and bigger than 1 and it feels like they've listened to the feedback from 1. 

 

This game has some serious legs as you level and I am currently at level 12.  It's going to be interesting to see the high level and end game content to see if that has the same level of polish that leveling has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dryspace
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, HaRdSTyLe_83 said:

anyone know what that gift is?

No, but relying on experience I would assume that its value to you will be nowhere near equivalent to that of the game it replaces (Even though you already possessed the game, it had potential value as a gift). My guess would be some type of in-game "item" or advantage, but I could of course be wrong.

 

 

11 minutes ago, Uncle Sikee Atric said:

The city is beautiful, the scale is more open and bigger than 1 and it feels like they've listened to the feedback from 1.

The Division was an entirely static world of course, but beside that I thought that the graphical realism was impressive. Would you say that it has been increased even further? I try to avoid looking at screenshots of games, as I like to preserve as much mystery as possible, but even screenshots do not necessarily convey the way a game looks from within.

Edited by Dryspace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Sikee Atric
19 minutes ago, Dryspace said:

The Division was an entirely static world of course, but beside that I thought that the graphical realism was impressive. Would you say that it has been increased even further? I try to avoid looking at screenshots of games, as I like to preserve as much mystery as possible, but even screenshots do not necessarily convey the way a game looks from within.

 

The city environment is far more diverse than New York was and there are far more options to explore and discover.  The opponents level as you do, so older areas still have some level of challenge.  They've also split the DZ's into 3 separate regions, so total twonks on a rampage don't end up running into and annoying everyone.  If you want to relocate to avoid them, feel free.

 

They have also made an effort to try and keep the level of mapping as realistic as possible, I have spoken to a few people who live around the D.C. area and they are struggling to spot differences with a lot of the map.

But it's also the work the team have made in improving the actual gameplay mechanics.  The combat feels more fluid and the cover system is more versatile than the original.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HaRdSTyLe_83
1 hour ago, Uncle Sikee Atric said:

It'll probably be a discount voucher of some description.....

I've played a few nights now and I hate to admit it, but I'm quite impressed.  The city is beautiful, the scale is more open and bigger than 1 and it feels like they've listened to the feedback from 1. 

 

This game has some serious legs as you level and I am currently at level 12.  It's going to be interesting to see the high level and end game content to see if that has the same level of polish that leveling has.

 

i just hope its not some ingame currency for those stupid crates. as for vouchers i have alot of uplay coins so each game i buy i always end up spending those to get 20% off on the next purchase. if its a voucher that can be redeemed im all for it, Far cry new dawn is at 50% off so ill maybe buy it even if i dont plan on playing it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dryspace
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, HaRdSTyLe_83 said:

...i have alot of uplay coins so each game i buy i always end up spending those to get 20% off on the next purchase. if its a voucher that can be redeemed im all for it, Far cry new dawn is at 50% off so ill maybe buy it even if i dont plan on playing it

At the end of 2017 I decided to spend 100 Uplay points on the 20% discount code. I then attempted to use the discount code on AC: Unity, which was 66% off, but was denied. I had assumed that the additional discount would be either additive or multiplicative--i.e. perhaps a total of 86% off, but perhaps only ~73% off.

 

I can't complain about restrictions being placed on the use of the discount, but I am disappointed that no such restrictions were listed when I gave up my points in exchange for it. I assumed--as I think any reasonable person would--that there were no such restrictions, as surrendering points for a 20% discount--and nothing more than a 20% discount--is silly when much better deals are regularly available.

 

What is the greatest discount on top of which you have ever successfully applied one of these 20% discounts?

Edited by Dryspace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HaRdSTyLe_83
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Dryspace said:

At the end of 2017 I decided to spend 100 Uplay points on the 20% discount code. I then attempted to use the discount code on AC: Unity, which was 66% off, but was denied. I had assumed that the additional discount would be either additive or multiplicative--i.e. perhaps a total of 86% off

 

it would never be 86% but rather 66%+20% its different since the 20% extra only apply to the price remaining of the 80% discount.

 

but it should have worked with that purchase. here is my purchase of New Dawn that costs 44.99$

 

SA8ds43.jpg

 

i think 17$ is a decent price for the game/DLC

 

 

9 hours ago, Dryspace said:

What is the greatest discount on top of which you have ever successfully applied one of these 20% discounts? 

i usually just use the 20% when buying newly released games that i really want to play on day one, but since i still have 400 more and nothing else that i want from the store i spent 100 on the division 2 gold edition and got 20$ off and now that the spring sale is here 100 points to get 4.50$ on new dawn

 

 

 

Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dryspace
8 hours ago, HaRdSTyLe_83 said:

but it should have worked with that purchase. here is my purchase of New Dawn that costs 44.99$

 

i think 17$ is a decent price for the game/DLC

Yeah, from what I've read that seems like a much better price for the game. So 50% is the highest discount you've ever applied the code on top of?

 

Either there is a limit--maybe 50%--or perhaps it was an issue with the system. Let me ask you this: What is the smallest amount of time between your receipt of the 20% discount code, and your attempt to use it on a purchase?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Sikee Atric
9 hours ago, Dryspace said:

What is the smallest amount of time between your receipt of the 20% discount code, and your attempt to use it on a purchase?

 

15 seconds and it works fine.

 

We've also shared codes within our little community, so every one of my mates have benefited.  I shared a code with our German friend the other day and that also worked, including the conversion from Sterling to Euros.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dryspace
7 hours ago, Uncle Sikee Atric said:

15 seconds and it works fine.

Ah....I was wondering if that might have been the issue, but apparently not. So far it looks like there is either an initial discount limit, or my experience was anomalous. I'll have to report back when I try again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
trip

I played both betas and I'm now just sitting down to start the real game.

 

My beta characters were randomized so I'm just now making my permanent character.  Not enough balding old guy hair styles.  :angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dryspace
1 hour ago, trip said:

I played both betas and I'm now just sitting down to start the real game.

 

My beta characters were randomized so I'm just now making my permanent character.  Not enough balding old guy hair styles.  :angry:

That brings back fond memories of the bald Jewish guy I made do with. I can only assume they are putting actual effort into character customization this time around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PaeganLoveSong

TD2 feels like a halfway point between TD1 and Wildlands, in both good and bad ways. Good because enemies aren't invincible tanks that can one shot you if you're a level or two below the suggested rank, bad because there's some serious clunkery going on with movement and you can easily get caught up on parts of the stage you'd think would be easy to move over.

 

I've been gunned down so many goddamn times because I can't step over a 6-inch curb. 

 

On the upside, equipping the Chem Launcher and choosing the Reinforcer variant is basically the Booster Shot skill from TD1. If you need to retreat, just pop an Assault Turret and take cover before popping Reinforcer Chem and voila: you'll have space to heal up even more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stormingz

I’ve been on the fence about this game, I really enjoyed the first Division up until the endgame which in my opinion was really boring and lacked content. I know Ubisoft added a lot more content post launch but by that point I had lost interest.

 

For those of you who have reached that far already, is there much of an endgame? Is there plenty of content that has kept you engaged? I’ve heard this is a big improvement over the first game, but I’m not 100% sold until I know what kind of endgame content the Division 2 brings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PaeganLoveSong

I haven't reached endgame yet, but they've already hinted at certain TD1 endgame modes making a return, not to mention 8-player Raids and the world's settlements and control points always being under threat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zello
On 3/13/2019 at 8:49 AM, Uncle Sikee Atric said:

 

The city environment is far more diverse than New York was and there are far more options to explore and discover.  The opponents level as you do, so older areas still have some level of challenge.  They've also split the DZ's into 3 separate regions, so total twonks on a rampage don't end up running into and annoying everyone.  If you want to relocate to avoid them, feel free.

 

They have also made an effort to try and keep the level of mapping as realistic as possible, I have spoken to a few people who live around the D.C. area and they are struggling to spot differences with a lot of the map.

Looking at clips on youtube and being from the area. This game did DC properly I'm itching to play this game now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ṼirulenⱦEqừinox

Is it just a repeative and grindy for weapons like TD1?

 

Did put the ability for players to go rouge without much conwuenses like RD1, I never left the main area because every time I ventured into the MP area I’d get shot down right away or they’d wait til I was ready to off load then shoot me bunch of high level players going after a really low one.

 

i stopped playing after about a week it was just too boring for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PaeganLoveSong
4 hours ago, AiraCobra said:

Is it just a repeative and grindy for weapons like TD1?

 

Did put the ability for players to go rouge without much conwuenses like RD1, I never left the main area because every time I ventured into the MP area I’d get shot down right away or they’d wait til I was ready to off load then shoot me bunch of high level players going after a really low one.

 

i stopped playing after about a week it was just too boring for me

Well, it's a looter shooter, so it's going to eventually get to a point where you're just looking for more ideal weapons and gear pieces that best fit your playstyle and said you the most. I'm at level 14 right now and don't feel like anything has been a grind so far, the complete opposite of the first, and all of the open world activities remain constant through the leveling process AND endgame. There's always going to be something to do if you enjoy this type of game, and personally? Massive/Ubisoft have given us the two best iterations of the genre between both Divisions.

 

As for the Dark Zone, and PVP in general, TD2 emphasizes tactics far more than the original, considerably more now since it's brand new and the playerbase hasn't discovered what the meta builds are just yet. It's possible to go through the DZ in TD2 without even encountering another player at the moment, but it's also possible to walk into a 4v1 ambush and get destroyed in quick order. There aren't any Nomad/Striker/Predator builds in TD2, so that's good, but that doesn't mean you can't craft something tanky as fxck or a high DPS glass cannon build.

 

Again, TD2 is a halfway point between Ghost Recon: Wildlands and the first Division. You won't be invincible - EVER - but you can absolutely be a stealthy bastard who can wreck folks when they least expect it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dryspace
4 hours ago, AiraCobra said:

Did put the ability for players to go rouge

Most games don't even allow you to go lipstick or mascara, so I'm guessing probably not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ṼirulenⱦEqừinox
Posted (edited)

How about the missions? I remember from TD1 you pretty much did the same missions over and over again.

 

I'm sure you're going to have to eventually complete the same mission again but are their more missions to do then TD1 or about the same?

 

The one thing I really didn't care for so much in TD was you really couldn't play on your own without getting your ass handed to you by the NPC so that you almost always needed at least one co-op partner with you when doing missions I'm often solitary when it comes to playing games and don't like to be forced Online and play with others.

 

Kind of wish they did it like Wildlands and had a single level mode and then if you wished jumped into Co-Op which then let you go into the DZ 

 

8 minutes ago, Dryspace said:

Most games don't even allow you to go lipstick or mascara, so I'm guessing probably not.

My Bad, What I meant to ask was, Are they still giving players the ability to go rogue without much consequences (which I just released was spelled wrong in my first post) and/or no punishment except being Marked as a rouge player

Edited by AiraCobra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dryspace
1 hour ago, AiraCobra said:

...except being Marked as a rouge player

I'm sure other players won't have any way of knowing whether you wear makeup while gam---lol, I know what you meant, I'm just being an idiot 😀

 

I'm just joking around, as it's pretty common to see 'rogue' misspelled as 'rouge'. In fact, for chuckles and craps I started saying 'Assassin's Creed: Rouge', and now I can't stop saying that every time I see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ṼirulenⱦEqừinox
10 minutes ago, Dryspace said:

I'm sure other players won't have any way of knowing whether you wear makeup while gam---lol, I know what you meant, I'm just being an idiot 😀

 

I'm just joking around, as it's pretty common to see 'rogue' misspelled as 'rouge'. In fact, for chuckles and craps I started saying 'Assassin's Creed: Rouge', and now I can't stop saying that every time I see it.

Didn't even realize I spelled Rogue wrong, Here I thought I confused you because I forgot to put They when I was saying

 

*Did They put the ability to go, Rogue,"

 

so I thought you thought I was asking about something else, My brain is just too tired to process thoughts I've been awake for around 120 hours with only about 6 hours of sleep total

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dryspace
1 hour ago, AiraCobra said:

My brain is just too tired to process thoughts I've been awake for around 120 hours with only about 6 hours of sleep total

That is nuts. At least you don't have to spend money on LSD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ṼirulenⱦEqừinox
12 minutes ago, Dryspace said:

That is nuts. At least you don't have to spend money on LSD.

I have started seeing pink bunnies yet but If I don't get any sleep soon enough I'll start seeing Unicorn and Wee Lil Irish Men at the end of a rainbow eating me lucky charms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PaeganLoveSong
4 hours ago, AiraCobra said:

How about the missions? I remember from TD1 you pretty much did the same missions over and over again.

 

I'm sure you're going to have to eventually complete the same mission again but are their more missions to do then TD1 or about the same?

 

The one thing I really didn't care for so much in TD was you really couldn't play on your own without getting your ass handed to you by the NPC so that you almost always needed at least one co-op partner with you when doing missions I'm often solitary when it comes to playing games and don't like to be forced Online and play with others.

 

Kind of wish they did it like Wildlands and had a single level mode and then if you wished jumped into Co-Op which then let you go into the DZ 

 

My Bad, What I meant to ask was, Are they still giving players the ability to go rogue without much consequences (which I just released was spelled wrong in my first post) and/or no punishment except being Marked as a rouge player

Missions are more varied this time out, but there's only so many different ways to cut a piece of meat, right? It's a shooter. Every mission can be boiled down to "go here, kill enemies, leave," but some are pure assault and others are rescue, leaving you to decide how you want to attack.

 

You can solo this one pretty well, but there are definitely some really fxcking cheap parts. These usually come down to one of two things: buggy movement (getting stuck in doorways, caught on a crate, etc.) or, more often, poor planning/execution on your part as the player. I died quick 4 times in a row trying to take the Department of Justice back from the True Sons then nailed it with ease by just moving to a different room. Your choice of skills, gear, and weapons matter much more during the 1-30 grind.

 

Rogues...it depends on which DZ you go into, I suppose, and which version from TD1 you had a problem with. Patch 1.8 of TD1, IIRC, introduced Rogue 2.0, where you had to actively choose to go Rogue, with an accompanying animation that could take 1-2 seconds to activate. The original Rogue just required you to shoot at other players, meaning you could get ganked by a fresh Rogue before even knowing what was happening.

 

There are now 3 different DZ's, each with their own rules. Two are normalized, much like the PVP modes Skirmish and Last Stand from TD1, meaning everybody's gear is at its maximum score and mods only offer a bit of personal finesse. Going Rogue requires flagging yourself as such, which can take 1-2 seconds. 

 

The third, once you hit endgame, is Occupied. This is basically what GTAO free roam is, a lawless land where friendly fire is active and anybody can kill anybody else...while also dealing with the Black Tusk group, who are the equivalent of the LMB from the first game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HaRdSTyLe_83
Posted (edited)
On 3/18/2019 at 2:27 PM, AiraCobra said:

How about the missions? I remember from TD1 you pretty much did the same missions over and over again.

 

you can still do it on the end game content to level up but objectives, bosses etc are not the same, and even when runing thru the mission they show up in different spots

 

edit some pics

 

reminds me of army of 2 :)

NnosTTT.jpg

 

nature taking over

9PlOXww.jpg

Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dryspace
 

 

it would never be 86% but rather 66%+20% its different since the 20% extra only apply to the price remaining of the 80% discount.

 

but it should have worked with that purchase. here is my purchase of New Dawn that costs 44.99$

 

SA8ds43.jpg

 

i think 17$ is a decent price for the game/DLC

 

 

i usually just use the 20% when buying newly released games that i really want to play on day one, but since i still have 400 more and nothing else that i want from the store i spent 100 on the division 2 gold edition and got 20$ off and now that the spring sale is here 100 points to get 4.50$ on new dawn

 

I just received an email notifying me that my Uplay points are expiring at the end of the month. At this point I have the 20% discount code that was rejected, along with 344 remaining points.

 

While researching I came across this site, in which people indicate that the 20% can not be used on top of discounts, with no one contradicting it.

 

At this point, I don't know of any better option than exchanging my remaining points for discounts, but regarding the issue that we were discussing, it seems possible to me that using the 20% discount on top of sales may be possible in some locations--the EU for example--but not in the U.S. There are apparently other such regional differences, such as whether the discounts are applicable to newly-released games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OurJud

Not one for third-person games but what impresses me about this game is the quality of the voice acting. The dialogue and tone are very naturalistic, if a little relaxed and casual given the situations the team find themselves in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PaeganLoveSong

The voice acting is sufficient. The script is intentionally vague and surface level to allow both the player's projection of the story and to purposefully avoid overtly political messages (despite what trash articles try to argue). It's not apolitical as everything is influenced by its creators personal politics, but its focus is purely on the game and moving it forward. It feels very bland as a result, but necessarily so. A procedural post-apocalyptic shooter.

 

I've hit a plateau, but I'm thisclose to endgame. I know I'll make it but I can't be arsed to capture these control points when 3 missions ahead and I'm 30.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.