Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,156 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Ciaran

The Division 2

Ciaran
Posted (edited)

qIEQbZv.jpg

We are very pleased to announce that we are currently working on Tom Clancy's The Division 2 . The development is led by Massive Entertainment and driven by close collaboration with Ubisoft Annecy, Redstorm, Reflections, Ubisoft Bucharest and Ubisoft Shanghai. The Division 2 will be based on an updated version of the Snowdrop Engine that will help us realize our ambitions for this title. More importantly, we can also invest all the experience we've accumulated over the past two years in this sequel to make sure everything is going well.

Just announced on this weeks State of the Game. A full reveal will be coming at E3 in June.

https://www.twitch.tv/thedivisiongame

Are you excited?

Where would you like it to be set and what features would you like to see in it?

Coming March 15th 2019.

Edited by Ciaran

happygrowls

I've only bought the Division 1 last week lmao

It's a decent game, tho I think it needs better customization, less reliance on RNG, more enemy variety, perhaps sidequests that affect the game world?

I didn't get the DLC so i'm basing this off the base game

Nick1020

Id love for a more balanced DZ. A limit would be nice depending on what build you make.

For example:

A dps build would cap at 300k and health would cap at 50k.

Or a tank build caps you at 500k health and dps would be around 100k.

Something like that.

Static

Never again...

Matrelith

I instantly became a fan of the Division when the first trailer dropped. Unfortunately my enthousiasm quickly died when the game was released and it turned out to be a grinding slogfest with bullet-sponge enemies. Here's hoping 2 will learn from the mistakes that were made.

Jason

Got burned with Destiny 1, got burned with The Division 1. Aint happening again, they're gonna need to do a lot to convince me this time.

PaeganLoveSong
Posted (edited)

I jumped in around the second GE in 1.7 and thought it was okay but a bit of a slog. Leveling up my character so I could actually play the real allure, the end game, took longer than it should have. The bullet sponge enemies don't bother me because of the MMO nature, I love the way builds can be mixed and matched to your personal preference, and the overall feel of the game makes it one of my favorites.

What I want from TCTD2 is a more rewarding single player experience. I feel it would be better served if the end game content was available right away, but keep the world tiers the way they are.

Basically, start with 1.8 as the base for TCTD2. Maybe ease back on the MMO combat style (bullet sponge) and make it more tactical, but I wouldn't change too much of it, to be honest. Definitely need to fxck with the RNG nature of drops, maybe have weapon/gear drops be tied to commendations like masks and patches are. I've been grinding for the House since it came out and still don't have it.

Map-wise, and this ties into story, I'd love more than one city to explore and try to maintain control in. Imagine a final mission where Keener is fortified in the Eiffel Tower or where a new enemy has turned Disneyland into their personal commune. Show that the green poison has spread beyond NYC and make it feel like we're in the midst of civilization's collapse.

Cleaners, rioters, LMB (or other PMC equivalents) can stay. I'd add at least two other enemy types, something along the lines of anti-government militias or street gangs.

Up the team limit from 4 to 8 depending on the activity.

VEHICLES. How awesome would it be to unlock a Jeep so you can move faster between sites where you haven't unlocked fast travel?

Lastly, the ability to form squads/clans with customizable patches and/or uniforms. Ideally it would be a blend of GTAO's crews and traditional FPS clans. How great would it be to log in and select "JOIN SQUAD" to be instantly loaded into a server with another squad member?

Edited by PaeganLoveSong

Audi
Posted (edited)

The Division was awful upon release and only in the last year and a half have they made it better. The Division in it's current state is pretty good and I do play it somewhat often (had to restart on pc after originally playing on ps4). But I don't think I would trust them enough to hop on another Ubisoft bandwagon until it's fully released and out for awhile.

To be honest I've been enjoying Escape from Tarkov a lot more. I think it does the genre a lot better.

Edited by AudYEE

Posted (edited)

Game logos keep getting worse and worse. Oh wow they added a circle and number 2 I can't wait for the generic cover art.

Never played the first Division. If it has an offline mode, which it won't, then I'll give it a look.

Edited by fashion

Dryspace

What do people see in a game like The Division? The fundamental gameplay, the combat, is terrible. It's tedious and uninteresting no matter what genre it ostensibly is. Character customization stinks. Loot stinks. There is no way that anyone can actually find satisfaction in upgrading yet another identical gun or glove. Whatever story there is is poorly told. There's no characterization. The music is unmemorable.

The only thing that is interesting about the game is the graphics. I was genuinely impressed. I'd actually say it was the first time I was taken aback by graphics since the first time I played Crysis maxed out in 2008.

I got The Division for free with a GPU. I put 50 hours into it and I can say in complete honesty that I did not have fun. I would be interested in whether The Division 2 significantly increases graphical realism, but I wouldn't want to play it unless it is a fundamentally different game.

LiangHuBBB

Im actually lookin forward to D2

Dryspace

@LiangHuBBB

Well, help me out then: What do you like about The Division? I stopped playing at the end of May 2016, so I'm not aware of any changes that might have been made since then.

PaeganLoveSong
Posted (edited)

I'm also looking forward to it and, while I can't speak for Liang, I can definitely offer some retorts to your own issues.

The combat, while tedious at first, becomes easier once you craft a better build. If you prefer using the skills, then focusing on an electronics heavy build will do wonders for you (Tactician's Authority, Reclaimer). I'm not sure what level I was at when I was 50 hours in, but I do know that the game didn't *CLICK* for me until I hit World Tier 5 (which is why I hope the end game content of D1 is available at the start of D2).

While character customization is limited, it's also on par with GR: Wildlands and greater than other shooters. I'm hoping D2 will allow us to modify height, but I also understand why online games don't often allow this feature outside of sports games. I mean, remember the annoying friend who would pick Oddjob?

Loot is garbage until you reach World Tier 5. This needs to be amended. Your remark about not finding joy in upgrading multiple copies of the same gear leads me to believe that you didn't hit Tier 5, though, and I'll apologize in advance if I'm wrong here. There are many reasons to keep multiple versions of the same gun or piece of equipment, though, and it all ties into your build and preferred playing style.

For example, I find I work best as either a tank or combat support, so I focus on firepower and survivability. My go-to builds have firearms ratings of at least 7500 and stamina of at least 4100.

One is based around Lone Star gear (which carries a 4 piece bonus which instantly reloads weapons when you holster them) with Nomad (granting a constant heal), utilizing a LMG that fires at 1000rpm (with my Lone Star gear adding an 8% damage bonus) and a Lightweight M4 fine tuned for taking out elite enemies. My current baby for the Assault Global Event is a blend of Lone Star, Alpha Bridge (boosting my base weapon damage by 5% overall), and Striker (for a 20% boost to base weapon stability), all focused on CQB with my AA12 (with Lone Star giving an 8% damage buff) and another Lightweight M4 (rolled to get a 10% damage buff for CQB and giving a chance to light enemies on fire).

With that wall of text, I've described two builds that, while similar, offer different combat choices. My Lone Star focused build allows me to keep a moderate distance from enemies and punish any who cross a line, and my Assault build is for rushing past enemy lines and dealing as much damage as I can. This is why there absolutely *is* a reason to get excited over another copy of the same gun or piece of gear dropping as they may contain perks which better fit your play style than what you currently use. I also have a third Lightweight M4 waiting in the wings that I just need to optimize, but its perks fit very well into a few builds.

I'll agree on the story aspect being subpar, as well as the music rarely standing out. I will say, though, that the music featured in the Underground (which was paid DLC) is fittingly moody for the game's version of a dungeon crawl, taking many cues from the soundtracks of John Wick and Drive.

Edited by PaeganLoveSong

OurJud

If it has an offline mode, which it won't, then I'll give it a look.

I'm not sure 'offline' is even part of the vocabulary for most developers these days. Tragic, but there you have it.

Ciaran
Posted (edited)

Edited by Ciaran

PaeganLoveSong

Expect a graphical downgrade and probably a different HUD/UI, but I'm liking the feel of it. 

Quinn_flower

ubisoft downgrade imminent 

luisniko
Posted (edited)

Graphical downgrade is probably the least thing to worry about unless the downgrade gives PS1 graphic and 10fps.

What to worry about, and especially from The Division's developer, is the gameplay. Back in The Division 1, the trailer and the screenshot showed Brooklyn to be a playable map and has its own Dark Zone. While in the actual game, it just served as a small tutorial try-out stage. Not to mention the psychotic experiment updates that made the game into total grind and grief fest until the decline took a major shot and made them overhauled everything (which players said it has better since then on).

I no longer happily antagonize Ubisoft now, but their Massive Interactive is just worth the doubt.

Oh yeah, and let's just say the whole Division lore is total moot. Dollar Virus was never be the problem. The problem was the Division agent themselves and the whole institution that still let them extract their items out of DZ and go back to HQ normally 24/7. Now what, Washington collapsed and Division agents are the one standing against it? LOL. More like they themselves are the ones who gonna hurt it even more.

Edited by luisniko

Hakuma
Posted (edited)

The Division has had some massive updates and it quite a good game now. Was good anyway but has been much improved.

Edited by Hakuma

Fireman

Yeah, but the community is dead. Maybe they start off at a good position this time with Division 2 and actually maintain some of the playerbase.

Jason

I tried the Division 1 again recently after all the improvements and it was fun, but I really f*cking hope they sort the gear grind out. Revolving your itemisation around gear sets is sh*tty design, limits creative builds and creates a boring meta. Diablo 3 crippled it's self by doing the same.  I was having fun with the gameplay and the Underground DLC but grinding for better set items so I can play one of a handful of viable builds aint exactly fun long term.

Stormingz
Posted (edited)

I remember when the first Division came out, I must of gone to like three or four different stores just to buy a copy (I think I finished work late that day and a lot of the shops were closed) in pure hype, because the beta drew me and my pal in from day one and we were hooked like it was crack.

But then, a few weeks in and we had completely drained the game of content and noticed how much the game lacked. 

If the Division 2 starts of strong, with plenty of content and an actual decent story this time, I might consider purchasing this a week after release, but not before reading some reviews.

Edited by Stormingz
Spelling

NeonDolphin

What people are talking about? The Division is a great shooter with lots of missions to play. Talking about Single-player now.

PaeganLoveSong
11 hours ago, Fireman said:

Yeah, but the community is dead. Maybe they start off at a good position this time with Division 2 and actually maintain some of the playerbase.

The community is so dead that I rarely have trouble finding games. The game's been "dead" since before I got it and yet there's still plenty of YouTube videos, discussion on the reddit, and live streams. 

But it's DEAD, guys. 

luisniko
Posted (edited)

"They are like bullies in your school who used to pushed people around; the people who preyed around the weak. And that, they have to be stopped."

Motherf*cker, that was what your Dark Zone collected until those grievers were complaining because they have nobody to grief anymore, moron.

edit: DLC will be in the form of episodes and free of charge.

Edited by luisniko

Claude4Catalina

If the leader of the True Sons isn't Sergeant Ramos from Lexington I'll eat my purple pom pom beanie.

The graphical downgrade is unfortunately the norm these days, especially with Ubisoft games, but as long as TD2 comes out in a similar state to how TD1 plays now, I'll be happy with it.

Dryspace

I'm surprised that anyone is talking about a graphical downgrade, as if the graphics shown here are too much to hope for. Unlike The Division, which I was truly impressed with graphically (even though such realism was long overdue), I see nothing special about what I'm seeing here. It's pretty much what I expect in 2018.

As a side note of fact, the presentation here is equivalent to Crysis (2007) in every way except for geometric complexity and texture diversity which are clearly advanced. The lighting, surface shading, real-time water reflections, and physics were done 11 years ago, though. Albeit at 1600 x 1200 @ ~25 fps. :)

PaeganLoveSong

I'm less concerned with graphical downgrade than I am with how the core gameplay changes will feel. I've gotten quite used to popping my ult and facetanking. While I'm excited for a bit more realism in gear/brand bonuses and how they're scaling enemy bullet sponginess, I'm also a little hesitant because staying in cover for what felt like hours during the grind to endgame was often so annoying I'd move on to other games.