1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

AnimalFather

The Know: GTA 6 codenamed "Americas", Details Inside

MojoGamer

No.

They shouldn't skip single-player campaign and focus directly on multiplayer

I couldn't express myself properly I think

If they decide to have a female main protagonist, I wouldn't play single player campaign. Female protagonists just don't fit in GTA universe for me.

Well you're either not interested in women or are going to play as a female protagonist before heading into online. Cause you're forced to play the prologue, before heading into online.

AnimalFather

It's gotta be fake, female protagonist? Lol

the game will have several protagonists, one of them will be female.

DeezyGaming

Until R* confirms anything, I wont get my hype up for GTA VI though I am open to new ideas such as a female protagonist. I mean Catalina was a badass chick! How awesome would it be to play as female drug lord or even maybe a daughter of a crime family. As I said before it's too soon to say what the next gta game will be like let alone how that is going to playout for GTAOnline.

naughtygawdxci

No.

They shouldn't skip single-player campaign and focus directly on multiplayer

I couldn't express myself properly I think

If they decide to have a female main protagonist, I wouldn't play single player campaign. Female protagonists just don't fit in GTA universe for me.

Catalina is probably the most dangerous woman in the series. The f*ck you mean?

Gtaman_92

I mean if this is true then why not include Cuba and The Bahamas since it's more closer to Miami then South America?

equinoxjack

lmao @ all the delusional people in here saying 2022 is too far off

even if this leak is fake, the game is NOT coming out before 2021. In 2013 if I told you RDR2 was 5 years off you wouldn't believe me, same thing here. I wouldn't be surprised if GTA VI doesn't come out till 2023 actually.

Official General

I don't know how much role drugs play in modern day Miami (it's not going to be set in 80's, let's not have unrealistic expectations here. HD universe is all about the modern times, so let's not even think about the 80's here), but I'd like the next GTA to focus on one specific aspect of crime, giving us an experience of playing the role in a very detailed approach from the bottom to the top of the hierarchy that is centered around the business, like drugs smuggling, etc.

Keeping additional crime related tasks as optionalside missions giving us more variety as well.

Indeed, drugs still plays a massive role in modern-day Miami organized crime and crime in general. Nearly all gang warfare in Miami revolves around the drug trade, and believe me, the city's worst districts sees shootings and murders almost everyday or every other day. Miami remains one of the top points of entry for drugs coming in to the U.S. from Latin America and the Caribbean, and many organized crime groups and gangs from the northern big cities still go south to Miami to buy kilos and back up north again.

lmao @ all the delusional people in here saying 2022 is too far off

even if this leak is fake, the game is NOT coming out before 2021. In 2013 if I told you RDR2 was 5 years off you wouldn't believe me, same thing here. I wouldn't be surprised if GTA VI doesn't come out till 2023 actually.

Whats this to do with being delusional ?? I said I'm not interested at this point if its coming out in 2022, because its too far off. I never said it was not true, you need to read English properly mister.

HOW'S ANNIE?

I'm gonna call BS on this,based purely on the fact that that this leak claims they're yet to decide on a protagonist and how many. Unless it's old, outdated intimation (which I'm sure would've worked it's way into the light sooner) I'm almost 100% sure they would have already written the plot and already cast the main roles.

Whilst I think Vice City + some small fictional Cuban island would make for an interesting new take on the game, I wouldn't bank on its legitimacy.

CoolBean
Posted (edited)

Well PS5 is probably coming next year. But I will wait for the PS5 Pro which could come sometime in 2022?

GTA is the only game I will buy a new system for. So 2022 is fine with me.

:cool:

Edited by CoolBean

Jdogg4089

Don't expect next gen consoles before 2022.

Jabalous

2020-2021 would be my guess. General consensus says Fall 2020.

Jdogg4089

If it's completely backwards compatible with all ps4 games, it doesn't matter when it comes it. It just better have a good CPU because the weak CPU in PS4 is killing it. And in Xbox one. Any game with lots of physically effects and a lot to handle would hold the cpu. And I predict it will have a ryzen 5 based Apu and maybe a cheap custom Vega gpu.

CoolBean
Posted (edited)

Rumor PS5 development kits have gone out which probably points at 2019 release. I would like it at 2020 at the earliest though.

https://www.vg247.com/2018/03/08/ps5-dev-kits-sent-third-party-developers-earlier-year-rumour/

Edited by CoolBean

Hussein Sonic
Posted (edited)

Sony will announce PS5 at E3 2018.

Then, the PS5 will get probably released. Maybe 2019-2020.

Edited by Hussein Sonic

MojoGamer
Posted (edited)

You're wrong again, cause R* delayed RDR2 again and might, but not will showcase some more at E3 2028.

They're also releasing God of War next month and probably won't release PS5 before Gta 6 does.

Edited by MojoGamer

eagle152

You're wrong again, cause R* delayed RDR2 again and might, but not will showcase some more at E3 2028.

They're also releasing God of War next month and probably won't release PS5 before Gta 6 does.

He's a 11 y.o. troll, ignore him.

Jabalous

Rumor PS5 development kits have gone out which probably points at 2019 release. I would like it at 2020 at the earliest though.

https://www.vg247.com/2018/03/08/ps5-dev-kits-sent-third-party-developers-earlier-year-rumour/

It'd make sense for dev kits to be shipped 2-3 years before the official launch of the hardware. Publishers need to have titles ready and tested for the console release!

Hussein Sonic
Posted (edited)

He's a 11 y.o. troll, ignore him.

I'm not a 11 y.o. troll. MojoGamer is obviously a bully, I've blocked you for being a bully.

You're being a bully too as I'm not wrong. Indeed, Sony will release a console called "PlayStation 5" by 2019-2020.

Edited by Hussein Sonic

CoolBean

It'd make sense for dev kits to be shipped 2-3 years before the official launch of the hardware. Publishers need to have titles ready and tested for the console release!

I hope that is true. It's way too early for next gen.

phillipshead

Not buying any of this...calling bullsh*t for sure. Why? Because part of the strike settlement banned the use of coded names for projects. R* and all the other devs must now be transparent, so "The Americas" would have to be the actual title.

UAL

The only part I want to be true is being able to travel to secondary locations/cities outside of America. Female protagonist would be fine but only if they bring back multiple characters to give us a choice. Ideally I'd like them to go back to one protagonist.

MojoGamer
Posted (edited)

I hope that is true. It's way too early for next gen.

omg Project America could be true if PS gave R* the ps5 dev kits!

Omg feeling so stoked if they make gta 6 the 1st game for its platform.

Imagine if the ps deal with r*'s rdr2 involves gta 6 in their contract?

Lives will be ruined, byt satisfied

I still doubt a 2019 ps5 launch, but do aspect a gta 6 teaser without a platform claim.

Edited by MojoGamer

Pedinhuh

I'll take a fictional South American city if we aren't getting San Fierro again, as long as it's multiple cities and not the sh*t that was in V of only having a big city and a countryside with pretty much nothing interesting in there.

I'll gladly welcome a female protagonist, was about damn time to be honest, but I hope for an option to also have a male protagonist, 2 protagonists are fine, but don't make it 3 again, please!

CHARMANDER50

I dig the female protagonist idea, but I wonder if there wasnt a miscommunication from the insider that this leak came from to the source that reported it.

South America? Why? Cuba is literally right next door.

Theres also the chance that this could be BS so....

Dig what? Moreof the rules of survival hatch the eggs/chicken run kinda battle royale.

With maps air,sea,land sort of thing massive online bots mobile platform gameplay it is

a bad aim on leaks for our criminal enterprise.

McGyver55

I don't think this is remotely legit...

1- From what I've been able to tell, the appeal of VC was mostly to gamers over thirty and Rockstar is more concerned with appealing to younger gamers...

2- Time frame though not ridiculous for such an undertaking, is probably financially unrealistic.

3- A lot of people have been asking for multiple cities... Therefore Rockstar will not make a game with multiple cities.

4- The two people doing the video sound pretty dumb.

5- Chinchillas.

6- the female protagonist thing is kinda popular lately and Rockstar likes to piss off popularity and political correctness.

7- I'm getting bored writing this and can't come up with more reasons that while this sounds appealing, it seems highly unlikely.

I'd like it to be set in Vice City... But I'm pretty sure it ain't gonna happen.

Yinepi
Posted (edited)

Unlikely. Female protag and outside of the U.S.?

99.9 percent of me says this is false. The other 0.1 wouldn't buy this if it were real. I don't like Vice City, and I don't want a female protag.

Edited by Yinepi

Cheatz/Trickz

BS because of the female protagonist. That idea has been floating around a while now (by clueless people) and I can't believe Rockstar would suddenly go with this.

Hussein Sonic
Posted (edited)

I don't think this is remotely legit...

1- From what I've been able to tell, the appeal of VC was mostly to gamers over thirty and Rockstar is more concerned with appealing to younger gamers...

2- Time frame though not ridiculous for such an undertaking, is probably financially unrealistic.

3- A lot of people have been asking for multiple cities... Therefore Rockstar will not make a game with multiple cities.

4- The two people doing the video sound pretty dumb.

5- Chinchillas.

6- the female protagonist thing is kinda popular lately and Rockstar likes to piss off popularity and political correctness.

7- I'm getting bored writing this and can't come up with more reasons that while this sounds appealing, it seems highly unlikely.

I'd like it to be set in Vice City... But I'm pretty sure it ain't gonna happen.

Nice reasons, though.

But, that doesn't mean GTA VI will be set in both Vice City and South America and have female protagonists. It might be just highly unlikely. GTA VI may be set in Vice City, for example...

It's like saying that the next Zelda game should take place in Mushroom Kingdom.

Edited by Hussein Sonic

Nazadup

I'd refer to this old discovery of mine. Grand Theft Auto VI? The Mexican? 2018 is probably a reference to the filming date. Any rumors/talks about VI is interesting at this point of time.

Dude, this is serious stuff, i can't believe you found it... How did you manage to gather that information?

TheGeneralZarbin

I'd refer to this old discovery of mine. Grand Theft Auto VI? The Mexican? 2018 is probably a reference to the filming date. Any rumors/talks about VI is interesting at this point of time.

Dude, this is serious stuff, i can't believe you found it... How did you manage to gather that information?

I would be a bit skeptical of that cause I believe not so long ago someone else was credited on some sort of cv as having worked on the next GTA. And that turned out to not be true.