3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

AnimalFather

The Know: GTA 6 codenamed "Americas", Details Inside

AnimalFather
Posted (edited)

So The Know has industry insiders they have been right about 50% of the time, they feel confident this leak is legit so I'm making a thread about it.

The next GTA or GTA 6 is codenamed PROJECT AMERICAS and will be set in Vice City AND South America. That is right in 2 locations! Which reminds me of some sort of Tex/Miami mix together with Mexico. Think GTA Sicario.

It is slated to be released in 2021 or 2022 at the latest.

Will most likely feature a female protagonist (duh!) although if there are multiple protagonists or not has not been decided/leaked.

sauce:

Edited by AnimalFather

luisniko

Alright then imma copy paste my comment regarding to the female protagonist to spark the topic.

GTA history with female character is....

I mean, sure why not having a female protagonist, let's say, a biker gang member like TLAD Ashley. The problem is, their in game model and 2D artwork for female character is like awfully different. 2D art of Joni from TBOGT is heaven and hell when compared to the 3D model.

Amanda, Tracey from V and Karen from GTAO are good looking, but the Online characters are horrible. I'm not expecting the female character to look like Ashley Jenkins or Amanda, Tracey, or Karen. But what I'm afraid is that she will be designed like what I see mostly in GTAO..... Tattoo-wrapped blob fish with awful fashion and hair.

AnimalFather

Alright then imma copy paste my comment regarding to the female protagonist to spark the topic.

GTA history with female character is....

I mean, sure why not having a female protagonist, let's say, a biker gang member like TLAD Ashley. The problem is, their in game model and 2D artwork for female character is like awfully different. 2D art of Joni from TBOGT is heaven and hell when compared to the 3D model.

Amanda, Tracey from V and Karen from GTAO are good looking, but the Online characters are horrible. I'm not expecting the female character to look like Ashley Jenkins or Amanda, Tracey, or Karen. But what I'm afraid is that she will be designed like what I see mostly in GTAO..... Tattoo-wrapped blob fish with awful fashion and hair.

if the timeline of a 2022 release is real then we can expect a totally new engine with higher graphics and cpu. its most likely coming out on ps5 and xbox next so i wouldn't worry about the character models that much. im sure they are going to be amazing.

Am Shaegar

Graphics doesn't matter. Its already very good. Need more originality, something we haven't experienced in the series before with lesser amount of copy/paste job.

Oh, maximum amount of crime related jobs and stuff. Sick of being an errand boy doing sh*tty, stupid tasks that normally a protagonist wouldn't bother actually.

This time I'd like to see more interiors, and more importantly, bigger in scale and amount of interactivity you can have inside them.

crocket88

Sounds like something inspired to the Narcos/Scarface them. I would totally dig this…but it gotta be in the 80s!

luisniko
Posted (edited)

if the timeline of a 2022 release is real then we can expect a totally new engine with higher graphics and cpu. its most likely coming out on ps5 and xbox next so i wouldn't worry about the character models that much. im sure they are going to be amazing.

It's not about the graphic matter though. It's more about the consistency between character design and the cg modelling.

Graphics doesn't matter. Its already very good. Need more originality, something we haven't experienced in the series before with lesser amount of copy/paste job.

Oh, maximum amount of crime related jobs and stuff. Sick of being an errand boy doing sh*tty, stupid tasks that normally a protagonist wouldn't bother actually.

It's GTA. Any sh*tty designed mission will sit inside that safe haven. It will be praised even if you have to run in circle dozens of times while wearing a certain outfit. It will be recorded by Youtubers and compiled as "Fun Random Missions in GTA". Forget about context. The next time you see, you'll be tasked to transport drugs with neon truck with jet engine down to a beautifully designed district of a fictional South American town that only show up twice through mission.

Edited by luisniko

AnimalFather

Sounds like something inspired to the Narcos/Scarface them. I would totally dig this…but it gotta be in the 80s!

i was thinking more Sicario but it could be a mix.

Lethal-lock

I could see them doing a Letty (Michelle Rodriguez from Fast and Furious) type character. I've said previously in other threads that Franklin's spot in V could have very easily been filled with a badass car thief, gang banger type girl, perhaps Latino or Asian.

AnimalFather

I could see them doing a Letty (Michelle Rodriguez from Fast and Furious) type character. I've said previously in other threads that Franklin's spot in V could have very easily been filled with a badass car thief, gang banger type girl, perhaps Latino or Asian.

i really don't want a female character that acts like a guy like michelle does in all her movies. if you're going to do a female character keep her real. like a 30yo crackhead with a teenage son and a black bf.

PaddsterG2k3

I imagine this is bull, but Ive called this for a while and see it as a real possibility. Vice State with parts of South America. Similar to RDRs map with Mexico. I could even do rockstar going back to the 80s and using modern media (such as Narcos) as an influence with the excuse that they couldnt do the 80s justice in VC/VCS (even though we know they probably did)!

katorosa

These same guys said MS was in talks with Konami about buying Silent Hills for 1 billion (lol)

so, yeah I'm calling BS.

TheFranchise
Posted (edited)

I dig the female protagonist idea, but I wonder if there wasnt a miscommunication from the insider that this leak came from to the source that reported it.

South America? Why? Cuba is literally right next door.

Theres also the chance that this could be BS so....

Edited by TheFranchise

luisniko

What I'm guessing is that these South America and other America parts are just basically the North Yankton all over again.

Hikikomori-Yume

Yawn ...

That would be boring as hell ... I want to explore Liberty City and then drive across the country, but not to south america I want to explore the midwest and coastal regions.

AnimalFather
Posted (edited)

These same guys said MS was in talks with Konami about buying Silent Hills for 1 billion (lol)

so, yeah I'm calling BS.

they were right about dark souls 3....as i said they are right about 50% of the time.

Edited by AnimalFather

deadasdisco

so, yeah I'm calling BS.

playing devils advocate, 1 mistake? Doesn't totally make them unreliable.

Official General

Not too bothered about this for a number of reasons :

* 2022 is way to far away for another GTA release, WAY too far.

* I don't like the idea of a lead female protagonist.

* Does not feel like very credible information at this point.

MostWantedMVP

I like it. Sounds good to me. Something gritty, different. Hopefully a soft reboot for the series. Just want I wanted!

AdmiralAmmunation

I hope the multiple country travel is true, though I do hope it is all in one map, RDR style.

AdmiralAmmunation

Not too bothered about this for a number of reasons :

* 2022 is way to far away for another GTA release, WAY too far.

* I don't like the idea of a lead female protagonist.

* Does not feel like very credible information at this point.

My gigantic problem with female protagonists is that people seem to be doing it right now ONLY to be able to say they have a female protagonist, not because they think it'd genuinely fit into their story and make it good.

I'm good with any gender, just make sure you're not forcing a gender on someone to appease SJWs. Just write a good interesting story with well-rounded characters that have good group dynamics and let their genders come as you create said characters naturally.

Zello
Posted (edited)

The whole female protagonist thing makes this sound fake.

Also why would they add Colombia when Cuba or the Bahamas are much closer.

Can any of the resident leakers on this site (Yan, Funmw2, etc.) Comment on this please?

Edited by Zello

EVOLUT7ON
Posted (edited)

PS5 is coming out in 2019 (supposed + the fact that Sony will end the support PS+ for PS3 on March, 9th) and gta6 in 2022?) BS.
Female character. Just a mainstream nowadays for all games. It can be as well, why not.
As for other details, can't disagree or agree. Too early to talk about.

Edited by EVOLUT7ON

killdrivetheftvehicle

I don't believe this "leak" is legit. But south america makes sense, if the game is about drug trafficking. The colombian cartel was one of the gangs in III and VC. And Colombia is still a country run by the cartels, like Mexico. Cocaine is one of the worlds most lucrative illegal substances, and South American countries are able to grow Coca plant, which is the "natural" raw material of cocaine. (Ofcourse cocaine can be made synthetically also)

gtafan26

I hope this turns out to be false, I have no desire to go back to VC( its my least favorite GTA city) and while I dont have an issue with a female lead protagonist, I do when its being done because they are trying to be PC, PC and GTA are things that never go together.

Hmmm nice bike

I wouldn't mind a return to VC, but I honestly don't think this is real. Then again, a lot of people figured that the leaked casting call for "Rush" wasn't real, or the guy who mentioned that there were three protagonists and some other things that seemed way too spot-on for it to have been random guesses. So really, who knows.

Mogg

this piece intrigued me a lot, i will admit.

having done multiple characters once will have taught them quite a few bits about what they would've done better the next time.

about having two separate regions i think, and hope, they will be ambitious enough to make several different zones within the two regions, all with an something numbered player limit - 30 players in vice city, another 30 player limit in the keys south of the city, 30 in the swamplands and what not, and you sort of transition between these zones and sessions without (or with little) loading time. it's been done in other mmos, and if they want to do more online, they really need to improve the experience.

as for the protagonist, i'll admit i already play with a woman character in los santos online.

TheOneLibertonian

That video is faker than a pair of Vinewood tits. It lazily put and feels like someone used Adobe After Effects for just 30 minutes. It's definitely not something Rockstar would do.