Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,603 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Slamman

PS Vita, Sony's neglected child.

Slamman

I get free mags at my job, and Sony's official Playstation Magazine still holds a place for any Vita news available and a repeated ratings on Must Buy games, but I also must ask here, anyone like me hold out for Rockstar to revisit the hand-held for perhaps the best version of San Andreas stories, and other possibilities?

One major rager from Rockstar on Vita would kick sales off, I just KNOW it!!

Zello
Posted (edited)

Rockstar was never going to release a game on the vita. I wish some other developer did make an open world game for it though like Volition could have made Saints Row undercover a vita game or Sony could have brought back The Getaway.

They aren't big names like GTA but at least it would have been something.

Edited by Zello

Lock n' Stock

Shame about the Vita. It's a nice handheld but Sony never really gave it the support it deserved. A GTA game on there would have been great.

Ivan1997GTA

Shame about the Vita. It's a nice handheld but Sony never really gave it the support it deserved. A GTA game on there would have been great.

If Sony didn't advertise the Vita as basically a controller for the PS4, then it would've sold just as well, if not better, than its predecessor, the PSP. A real shame indeed. At least PS Vita had great indie games support.

Hopefully, if Sony makes another handheld PlayStation console, they better not repeat that same mistake that they did with the Vita.

luisniko
Posted (edited)

Yea. Vita was only a remote play machine + gimmick control that will never ever be effective in gaming history unless it's arcade. That's really sad.

I've also read last time some developer said that optimizing a game for Vita was a challenge, especially when the game is cross-playable with PS3 and PS4.

Sony's mistake with Vita is the same like PSP. They make gaming handheld but focusing on gimmicks to make it half smartphone. And Sony is apparently really stubborn with this kind of thing. Frankly speaking, PSP was helped a lot by the piracy. Most ironic is that piracy began the trend to game from memory stick first before Sony follows the same with digital purchase, releasing PSP Go, dropping the UMD bye-bye.

Their idea of cross-play with PS3 and PS4 was great, but that means you have to buy the game twice. And while their solution to play PS4 off your TV was by depending on internet connection to remote play, in the mean time Switch wiped the idea out with the ability to turn into handheld and console and that also means to buy 1 game only.

Edited by luisniko

There are only 4 games I ever finished on my Vita, Persona 4 Golden, GTA LCS, Jak (1) and Metal Gear 3. Despite that, I got a ton of games in my libary that I never bothered finishing. The vita simply doesn't sit in my hand too well or maybe I'm just not a handheld guy.

That back touchpad has to be the worst invention of mankind. It made the Jak games almost unplayable. The Jak trilogy worked poorly on the Vita. I stopped playing halfway through the 2nd game.

luisniko
Posted (edited)

I think later games no longer use the back touchpad anymore other than for alternatives.

So the only it gets used is by Remote Play if the developer of the game didn't bother to remap the Remote Play buttons.

Sony could have cut a lot of cost if they didn't include these impractical technology.

Just hoping that when their next handheld comes, it could be as barebone as being a handheld machine. If they want gimmick, make it an impactful gimmick, which is to be able to play PS4 games on it, provided you have the so-called pass to download the game on that handheld and run it in a lower graphic settings and performance. Every physical game released after the handheld will have a one-time use code to claim the game for the handheld version. You can buy the pass for physical game you purchased prior to the handheld for 10 bucks for a short period of time and after that for 50 bucks. Digital purchase can claim right away for no additional charges.

Guarantee will be a hit better than selling wonky touch sensors.

Edited by luisniko

AiraCobra

I think the main reason why Vita died so soon as well is because of the lack of brand named games, I don't mean newly released AAA games but they could have tried to buy the rights to older games such as GTA III, Ace Combat and such for Vita instead 99% of their games were Indie games such as Get Off My Lawn and other games.

I think the only game I ever bought for my Vita was MLB The Show otherwise I only used it for Remote Play for my PS4 which I used it a lot actually when I was in the hospital some games did better than others on Remote Play but it worked well enough and to me that was the only decent thing about it.

It ended up on a shelf in my office until I asked a friend of mine if he wanted it and he ended up taking it to take it apart or something.

I hope the next handheld they come out with have actual decent games.