1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTA_Elegy

If R* released a negative camber stanced car.

Capimeeen

SOME negative camber actually increases tire grip when racing. But I know op is talking about a new slammed blista.

Poorly explained, but yes. Some negative camber gives the car better grip in turns, that's why alot of BMW has pretty noticeable negative camber on the rear wheels.

Also on alot of cars the negative camber increases as you lower it.

HamwithCheese

SOME negative camber actually increases tire grip when racing. But I know op is talking about a new slammed blista.

Poorly explained, but yes. Some negative camber gives the car better grip in turns, that's why alot of BMW has pretty noticeable negative camber on the rear wheels.

Also poorly explained but yeah, negative camber (top of the wheels pointing inwards) increases grip in turns. Basically increases the amount of tire contact to the ground when the car is cornering.

Slamming a car (lowering it too much, adding way too much, negative camber) completely destroys a cars handling and increases tire wear. Stretching the tire sidewalls (usually installing tires too small for the rim and overinflating it) is dangerous. And stupid.

sn0w_d0g

Ofc this would get hate but people hate what they don't understand. As stated above something like VStancer in combination with the air suspension in the Yosemite would be nice, could be an addition to a Tuner/Racing Update since some negative camber improves handling and drifting. Otherwise there are many cars who'd fit for more camber and a even lower suspension.

delorianlazarus
Posted (edited)

^

Do you mean I hate beetroots because I don't understand them ?

I never tried to talk with one, actually, so you might be right.

People also tend to hate what they.....don't find compatible with their tastes. It includes, for me, beetroots, but it might include also negative camber stanced car for some people.

EDIT spelling

Edited by delorianlazarus

Capimeeen

Also poorly explained but yeah, negative camber (top of the wheels pointing inwards) increases grip in turns. Basically increases the amount of tire contact to the ground when the car is cornering.

Slamming a car (lowering it too much, adding way too much, negative camber) completely destroys a cars handling and increases tire wear. Stretching the tire sidewalls (usually installing tires too small for the rim and overinflating it) is dangerous. And stupid.

Lol did I hurt a feeling?

The increased camber when lowering can be fixed with aftermarket adjustable camber and toe arms, suddenly you dont have so bad handling and uneven tire wear. You're just left with getting stuck on everything lol. Alot of racecars are pretty low, but without alot of negative camber.

About stretching, it depends on how crazy you go. A little stretch is not dangerous.

And while it may be stupid to some, it does have a purpose for those who do it. And that is to be able to fit wheels in under the fender without them rubbing against eachother which ruins both the tire and the paint.

But of course there is a limit. Too much and it is indeed dangerous and stupid.

eyman

erm.....

DQyf9NpUIAAuI5e.jpg_large.jpg

Kushology

erm.....

DQyf9NpUIAAuI5e.jpg_large.jpg

But is it on the ground? Not technically. :pp

eyman
Posted (edited)

I know its makes it even cooler, No?. jk I also just realized that somebody mentioned the Deluxo on the first page my bad.

I can see camber being added, its very GTAOnlineish (Ridiculous and Bonkers) Just like Donks.

Edited by eyman

Mazawattee

I'd personally love this. Sometimes, I just want to go all out and make the silliest most gaudy thing possible for the hell of it.

It's a video game. It doesn't hurt to try something different.

Pininfarina

I think it’d be quite cool honestly. Extreme “stance” and negative camber can work quite well too on some cars, namely earlier Lexus, Toyota, and Mercedes models.

DSC2912.jpg

940b682s-960.jpg

In fact, I’d happily welcome a new VIP-style car, especially something reminiscent of a GS 300.

Mach1bud

I am glad to see someone like you here.

HamwithCheese

I think itd be quite cool honestly. Extreme stance and negative camber can work quite well too on some cars, namely earlier Lexus, Toyota, and Mercedes models.

DSC2912.jpg

940b682s-960.jpg

In fact, Id happily welcome a new VIP-style car, especially something reminiscent of a GS 300.

Enzo laughs at you

Pininfarina
Posted (edited)

I think itd be quite cool honestly. Extreme stance and negative camber can work quite well too on some cars, namely earlier Lexus, Toyota, and Mercedes models. DSC2912.jpg940b682s-960.jpg

In fact, Id happily welcome a new VIP-style car, especially something reminiscent of a GS 300.

Enzo laughs at you

Ferrari isn't with Pininfarina anymore, sorry.

I never said that I wanted, or even would've liked R* to release a Ferrari based vehicle with a forced stance - in fact, I'd be quite disappointed if they did so. All I was saying is that I'd happily welcome a VIP-style car reminiscent of models such as the Lexus GS 300 (a car which is popular among the VIP / stance community).

Edited by Pininfarina

HamwithCheese

That's Enzo as your profile pic right? I'm just pointing out that Ferrari would laugh at these guys with slammed 350Zs with "idgaf" stickers scraping over leaves.

Pininfarina

That's Enzo as your profile pic right? I'm just pointing out that Ferrari would laugh at these guys with slammed 350Zs with "idgaf" stickers scraping over leaves.

It is. And honestly, he probably would. Now, I would never "slam" or "stance" a car in real life - I much prefer my cars to be stock. However, I do think that the VIP scene is pretty cool, and therefore, I would be totally accepting of a VIP styled car in-game as long as a version with stock stance is available.

HamwithCheese
Posted (edited)

Ok, I get ya. VIP cars usually get bagged right? That's fine, totally fine. But I don't want little jimmy or poser jack thinking his slammed accord with rear camber (lol) and stretched sidewalls affects nothing.

I put away Need For Speed because of that sh*t.

Edited by HamwithCheese

Slasher
Posted (edited)

Who the f*ck cares what Enzo Ferrari thinks, why would you even bring him up in a conversation about slammed cars lmao.

"I'm just pointing out that Ferrari would..." No, no one cares. Just stop.

Edited by Slasher

HamwithCheese
Posted (edited)

That's Enzo as your profile pic right?

Calm down.

Edited by HamwithCheese

Kushology

That's Enzo as your profile pic right?

Calm down.

Yeah, Ham.. God!

Capimeeen

Stanced cars doesn't have to be crazy in any way.

aEcM8FZaptg.jpg

Ok, I get ya. VIP cars usually get bagged right? That's fine, totally fine. But I don't want little jimmy or poser jack thinking his slammed accord with rear camber (lol) and stretched sidewalls affects nothing.

I put away Need For Speed because of that sh*t.

I'd say there is as much static VIP cars as there is bagged ones.

And bags is common on "regular stanced" cars too.

Kushology
Posted (edited)

Bags(factory installed) are becoming popular on newer trucks too, but that's a truck. Although, I have seen aftermarket ones on older vehicles as well.

Pretty neat how beneficial they become on the right vehicle.

Edited by Kushology

Mach1bud

Bags(factory installed) are becoming popular on newer trucks too, but that's a truck. Although, I have seen aftermarket ones on older vehicles as well.

Pretty neat how beneficial they become on the right vehicle.

They have been in use for luxury cars for around 30 years now, straight from the factory. Of course, this is purely for comfort not for any ride height manual adjustments.

Seen aftermarket bags on literally every type of car though.

Delete my EU account

I think it’d be quite cool honestly. Extreme “stance” and negative camber can work quite well too on some cars, namely earlier Lexus, Toyota, and Mercedes models. DSC2912.jpg940b682s-960.jpg

In fact, I’d happily welcome a new VIP-style car, especially something reminiscent of a GS 300.

Looks totally retarded.

The Collector
Posted (edited)

It is. And honestly, he probably would. Now, I would never "slam" or "stance" a car in real life - I much prefer my cars to be stock. However, I do think that the VIP scene is pretty cool, and therefore, I would be totally accepting of a VIP styled car in-game as long as a version with stock stance is available.

See, this guy explains it in a way where I'd say ok too. IRL stance GTFO with that gay sh*t.

IGL meh ok I'm open to it.

Edited by The Collector

Slasher

See, this guy explains it in a way where I'd say ok too. IRL stance GTFO with that gay sh*t.

IGL meh ok I'm open to it.

says the one creaming over corvettes and '65 fastback mustangs.

tool

The Collector

LOL

11098684_1567108330245393_894742932_n.jp