Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,964 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Rockstargames32490

Whose worse? Ray Bulgarin or Dimitri Rascalov?

Rockstargames32490

Like who do you think was a better Bad Guy? Or Did Worse things??

Hmmm nice bike

When it comes to who affected their respective protagonists, then no doubt Dimitri was the worse antagonist. He backstabbed Niko, taunted him throughout the game, had Roman kidnapped, and if you picked 'Deal,' he's responsible for Roman's death.

However, Bulgarin might be worse in terms of the things these guys did when not f*cking with the protagonists. All we really saw Dimitri doing was being Faustin's right hand man, and after that he was involved in coordinating drug shipments and deals. I don't think we know much else about what he was up to. Bulgarin, however, seems to be involved in loads of stuff that's even worse than the drug trade, like human trafficking. Plus, he appeared to murder his own sister, and going by dialogue in one of the cutscenes, hurting children was not beneath him. So he might be worse in terms of the type of criminal that he is, but even though he and Niko had some bad history and he ended up not liking Luis either, Dimitri was worse to Niko in the long run.

Arrows to Athens

Dickitiri.

Shadowfennekin

Dmitri's the better Antagonist, but Bulgarin's the bigger villain.

Tao Cheng

̶M̶r̶B̶o̶s̶s̶F̶T̶W̶̶ (He looks terribly a lot like Rascalov. Notice the similarities when he ask his goons to kill a troll / griefer in contrast to a Revenger's Tragedy when he's like "WHY IS HE STILL BREATHING? KILL HIM! KILL HIM! KILL HIM!" when ordering his men to kill Niko.) Dimitri is way worse. I couldn't take Bulgarin seriously as a cold criminal at the guitar scenes.

SanLiberty

Like who do you think was a better Bad Guy? Or Did Worse things??

Both are pretty evil and yeah....I guess Dimitri because he is uglier :lol:

Player3

neither its getting run over by cars

BLADE_San_Andreas

Dimitri, he literary betrayed everybody in Liberty City like holy sh*t he did everything he possibly could just to piss Niko and several people off

Helegad

Bulgarin was a piece of sh*t. I believe that Dmitri snapped after Faustin ordered a hit on Petrovic's kid. He was perfectly reasonable and loyal to Faustin before Niko stepped in. He never hurt Roman before Faustin was killed, and had plenty of opportunity and a handful of reason to do so. If my theory is correct, Niko is to blame for Dmitri's behaviour. Niko occasionally talks about having to question your orders and choose for yourself what is the right thing to do, but, right in line with running theme of his rampant hypocrisy, didn't do anything more than asking Faustin twice "are you sure?"

I like to think that Niko, the ruthless, amoral "handyman" who works only for money, even with his "fresh start" mindset, created his own worst enemy. The criminal empire in Liberty changed dramatically after he stepped off that ship, and Dmitri was involved in only like a fifth of that.

Hmmm nice bike

I believe that Dmitri snapped after Faustin ordered a hit on Petrovic's kid. He was perfectly reasonable and loyal to Faustin before Niko stepped in.

I'm not so sure about this. I recall that Dimitri told Niko that Faustin wanted to have Niko killed for executing Vlad but that Dimitri stepped in and had Niko spared so that he could work for them. But then Faustin later told Niko the complete opposite, and that Dimitri wanted Niko killed but Faustin disagreed. Faustin had no way of knowing that the previous conversation about this between Niko and Dimitri took place, and even though he was obviously mentally deteriorating, I think I'm kind of inclined to believe him there at least.

I do agree that Petrovic's son being killed was probably the last straw before Dimitri before he snapped, but I think he was also a rat before that, too.

GTA-Biker

Dimitri seems more sinister,he's a backstabbing sociopath who becomes a boss of a Russian mob.While Bulgarin did seem intimidating in GTA 4,and even possibly kill his own sister in TBOGT,that game made him too silly,not a threatening mob boss he was in GTA 4.

ProKiller93

bulgarin is way worse

Legomanarthur

I see Dimitri as the man who has the brain to see the bigger picture while Bulgarin is the man who has all the resources needed to fulfill his goals.

Both are good villains and I don't know who would be a better bad guy between the two.

DirtCheap

One burns down your house, gets his lifelong friend killed, orders your cousin to be killed and is the head of a dangerous gang.

The other can't play an electric guitar.

Hmmm nice bike

One burns down your house, gets his lifelong friend killed, orders your cousin to be killed and is the head of a dangerous gang.

The other can't play an electric guitar.

BOGT did make Bulgarin a bit sillier during his downtime, but given what we also know of him through his character background and history, I'm sure he'd do the same stuff to people that Dimitri did to Niko.

Also, he did have that cook/diamond dealer's head chopped off and left for Luis to find before trying to have him killed by snipers, so even then I'd say he's shown to still be pretty ruthless despite not having as big of an effect on any protagonist that Dimitri had on Niko.

Tao Cheng

I believe that Dmitri snapped after Faustin ordered a hit on Petrovic's kid. He was perfectly reasonable and loyal to Faustin before Niko stepped in.

I'm not so sure about this. I recall that Dimitri told Niko that Faustin wanted to have Niko killed for executing Vlad but that Dimitri stepped in and had Niko spared so that he could work for them. But then Faustin later told Niko the complete opposite, and that Dimitri wanted Niko killed but Faustin disagreed. Faustin had no way of knowing that the previous conversation about this between Niko and Dimitri took place, and even though he was obviously mentally deteriorating, I think I'm kind of inclined to believe him there at least.

I do agree that Petrovic's son being killed was probably the last straw before Dimitri before he snapped, but I think he was also a rat before that, too.

"I've angered people? Me? Not "we". Strange. When I give out money, it's "us". When I have to push people, it's "me". All alone. Don't think I cannot see through you. After all we've done together..."

This gave a huge hint that Dimitri is more charismatic and capitalizes Faustin's low mental state.

Lock n' Stock
Posted (edited)

Let's breakdown shall we?

Dimitri:

• Ordered his best friend and associate Faustin killed.
  • Double-crossed Niko under the influence of Bulgarin by his side.
  • Left Ashley Butler in a huge amount of debt.
  • Ordered the kidnapping of Roman (by Johnny Klebitz).
  • Threatened Bryce Dawkins with blackmail in order to sabotage his campaign.
  • Had Niko and Bernie/Florian ambushed during a boat ride.
  • In Deal, unintentionally had Roman killed.
  • In Deal, double-crossed and killed Pegarino so he could keep the heroin profits for himself.

Bulgarin:

• Ran an entire network of human and sex slave trafficking before arriving in the U.S. (while employing Niko to help)
  • As said before, teamed up with Dimitri to double-cross Niko.
  • Had Luis take out a bunch of corrupt cops...
  • ...and Marki Ashvilli, all so he could get ownership over a hockey team.
  • Possibly AK-ed his sister for being too disruptive.
  • Had the Cook decapitated for stealing his diamonds.
  • Double-crossed Luis for his involvement in the diamond theft.
  • Sent assault squads after Niko and Luis numerous times (including one on Maisonette 9).

There's probably more, but these are just the ones I name. Bulgarin earned his spot as a big-time human trafficker, though Dimitri is definitely more of a disloyal snake. I'd say he felt more intimidating as an overall antagonist, especially considering all the sh*t he put Niko throughout the story without even coming in physical contact. Bulgarin was pretty cold as well, though his portrayal felt a bit goofy in TBOGT, what with the rock memorabilia and heated (but hilarious) banter with his sister.

In short, the pair of em' are pretty evil c*nts.

Edited by Lock N' Stock

Helegad

Niko had him at gunpoint, I think Faustin might have said anything to get out of that. Don't forget that Faustin executed one of his loyal men for looking at him funny the very first time Niko meets him.

I believe that Dmitri probably lied to Niko about the circumstances and negotiations surrounding Faustin's hit, but Dmitri's back was well and truly up against the wall at that point, being Faustin's right hand man. He was a target for sure and either had to completely bend over or have his life taken (probably in an awful, graphic way) as initial punishment for Faustin.

Doyen5

Mrboss