Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,196 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

4Arty

San Andreas Cinematic Sound Effects

4Arty
Posted (edited)

Well, everyone knows what standart san andreas has very low quality illegible sounds.
This mod fixes this and created for purely new gameplay experience.

Features:
- Enviroment loops, impacts, debris, weapon shots, explosions, collision sounds in 44100 khz without clicks, noises and troubles in audio stream
- Car sounds in 28000 khz (it's really enough) designed by rev tool
- All GENRL sounds replaced and tested by me
- Every audio file was edited and processed
- All PAIN_A sounds (exluded CJ bank)
-All FEET sounds in 32000 kHz

Also recommended to use with
http://gtaforums.com/topic/825069-san-andreas-ambient-sounds-saas/

download link 1:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/i9sq5b

download link 2:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=14G5nX-sNMgQU1mZ9qfYdXQy-dwQSAmHJ

full preview:

Edited by 4Arty

thalilmythos

Sounds really great an all, but, is there a download link somewhere?

4Arty

Sounds really great an all, but, is there a download link somewhere?

nope, yet. cuz it still WIP ;)

LaDiDa

Sounds okay, not really sure how I feel about the soundeffect for the car when driving alongside a wall though. Weapon sounds are nice though :p

4Arty

Sounds okay, not really sure how I feel about the soundeffect for the car when driving alongside a wall though. Weapon sounds are nice though :p

this looped sound i think is the best solution for this situation because of light car impacts which sounds weird when scratch sound used.

LaDiDa

Yeah, I figured it was a limitation of the soundsystem.

4Arty

tired of this mod. but i'll do it

Derrick_Keno

Make sure that normal cars don't have sports car sounds, like many of those mods do!

4Arty
Posted (edited)

Make sure that normal cars don't have sports car sounds, like many of those mods do!

about engine sounds

Edited by 4Arty

Derrick_Keno
Posted (edited)

The Elegant and Majestic (and the other cars that have the same sounds as them) sound like sports cars. Try to find better sounds that suit them more.

Edited by Derrick_Keno

4Arty

designed

Derrick_Keno
Posted (edited)

Regular cars still sound like sports / muscle cars. Try to find the sounds that fit them most, this way they are going to sound more realistic, or this will turn into another of those crappy sound mods! However, there are some really nice sounds, like the Hotknifes, which suits the car perfectly.

Edited by Derrick_Keno

4Arty
Posted (edited)

Regular cars still sound like sports / muscle cars. Try to find the sounds that fit them most, this way they are going to sound more realistic, or this will turn into another of those crappy sound mods! However, there are some really nice sounds, like the Hotknifes, which suits the car perfectly.

first: it's caused by higher pitch of first car gear.

second: what should i do with other cars which must sounds like sport cars (elegy - mesa, sultan - emperor)?

i think this is the best solution for san andreas sound system, if i make some creepy low sound for one old car - another sport car will sounds like granny's tractor.

and any even oldest vehicle at high rpms will sounds a bit sportish

Edited by 4Arty

4Arty
Posted (edited)

In this project I use v8 v10 and v6 engine samples, for example - sabre sounds a bit sexier with pure v 8 at 3000 - 5000 rpm. Voodoo has v8 too, beautiful classic lowrider sounds like 1968 mustang. Why not?

And of course it's problem of rw engine. Maybe someday someone will remake sound engine or parts of it. But I have no skills & time for this

Edited by 4Arty

thalilmythos
Posted (edited)

I am actually in love with those car sounds, they are more balanced than any other mod than i have found, considering that the Glendale, which is an old vehicle, shares sound with the bullet, which is a sport car, some times, decisions got to be made smartly, and these guy has done the right ones.

Edit: Also the volumes are very important, since i know this will most likely be a modloader pack, the right volumes on the cars engines will allow the user to remove any he doesn't like, and not feel like every car except the one with the removed sound, sound too hard (and it seems like this guy got the volumes right too)

Edited by thalilmythos

4Arty
Posted (edited)

I am actually in love with those car sounds, they are more balanced than any other mod than i have found, considering that the Glendale, which is an old vehicle, shares sound with the bullet, which is a sport car, some times, decisions got to be made smartly, and these guy has done the right ones.

Edit: Also the volumes are very important, since i know this will most likely be a modloader pack, the right volumes on the cars engines will allow the user to remove any he doesn't like, and not feel like every car except the one with the removed sound, sound too hard (and it seems like this guy got the volumes right too)

effects in use:

equalization, peak normalization for engines about -6 or -5 db, compression (sometimes), looping, fake reverberation. engines synthezied by rev tool with need for speed carbon/most wanted and a lot of other soundbanks. it takes very huge part of my time

Edited by 4Arty

thalilmythos
Posted (edited)

Thats what makes a difference, it's coming along quite well as a matter of fact, i like that in your mod the american engine sounds for Sabre, clover and lowriders has the perfect balance between the high pitch and the roughnes low pitch and bass of those, because usually they are either too high, or too low pitch.

Edit: You should consider using sometime the engine sounds from Driver 1 and 2, so far no one has done it right, and i figure you are the guy for the job.

Edited by thalilmythos

LaDiDa

I'd say these sound ok - perfect, which is better with the current soundsystem then the overall meh. How do they sound at max speed though (how well do they loop)?

4Arty

I'd say these sound ok - perfect, which is better with the current soundsystem then the overall meh. How do they sound at max speed though (how well do they loop)?

without clicks and weird harmonics. it's just monotonic engine sound at fixed rpm

Flame

Like the previous mod, this one sounds (literally) great and even better.

I also always dreamed about improved sound in this game. Also for me is very evident something like "low bitrate" in some cut-scenes and when peds talking.

Hope we will see the finished version

4Arty
Posted (edited)

Like the previous mod, this one sounds (literally) great and even better.

I also always dreamed about improved sound in this game. Also for me is very evident something like "low bitrate" in some cut-scenes and when peds talking.

Hope we will see the finished version

Thank you for your presence here, Flame! I'll release it soon, maybe even today, but it'll be unfinished anyway. I planned to create really huge mod with a lot improvements like (for example) suspension bounce sounds, tank tracking loops, metal debris then vehicle explodes and e.t.c. It's possible nowadays, but i have no skills in c++, lua or even in cleo. Sadly, but in fact this project can stay like a base for other projects - i have very big pack of source files. Who knows? Maybe someone will create san andreas sound enhancer

Edited by 4Arty

Flame
Posted (edited)

Don't set a very huge goals, anyway the result is very good.

Edited by Flame

LaBombaRomba

Damn this seems pretty good! Definitely giving this a shot when (if) it's released!

4Arty
Posted (edited)

Finally released. Check the OP

Edited by 4Arty

thalilmythos

This is really great and all, all the sounds are really well mixed and the transitions are heavenly, the only complaint i have is the sound is at least 1db or 2db too low, it just needs a Liiiiitle more gain, apart from that, this is it, this is my perfect sound pack my man, good stuff, finally some well done car sounds.

4Arty

Thank you guys!

LaBombaRomba
Posted (edited)

Some of the sounds (eg, vehicles crashing, engines) are a little too quiet for me compared to others. With windows and game volume at 100, the preview video is much louder in comparision.

The main menu sound effect is too high pitched imo, compared to the vanilla which is really low pitched and bassy.

Other than that, the sounds all seem great and high quality! Nothing too out of place, aswell.

Edited by LaBombaRomba

4Arty
Posted (edited)

about low volume of some vehicles - i can't do anything because of rockstar vision. it happens mostly with big cars, right? well, i can overdrive it but it doesn't help.

in my previous mod i made something similar and it was a great mistake

edit: sa needs in some kind of post fx limiter plugin

Edited by 4Arty

kkjj
Posted (edited)

We have so many plug-ins like fx improver, vehicle function improver, physics improver, etc. Now we need Improved sound plug-in...

Edit: please improve the sound of minigun(machine gun) that's so weird...

Edited by kkjj

LaBombaRomba
Posted (edited)

about low volume of some vehicles - i can't do anything because of rockstar vision. it happens mostly with big cars, right? well, i can overdrive it but it doesn't help.

in my previous mod i made something similar and it was a great mistake

edit: sa needs in some kind of post fx limiter plugin

It's fine then, i'll still be using the mod though :)

EDIT: Actually, it's not just big cars. It's happening to all vehicles, if it helps. Also, i got it wrong in the first post, the crashes are fine in terms of volume, it's only engine sounds and tyre squealing.

Off topic:

One more thing, in your videos, what are you using to get ambient occlusion? If it's an ENB, would you mind sharing the preset?

Edited by LaBombaRomba