Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,156 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

DeathMachine15

Worst games you've ever played

DeathMachine15

What are some of the worst games you've ever played? Doesn't have to be any specific genre, just any games in general.

Go ahead and list any number of titles and give reasons if you want.

Algonquin Assassin

I cant think of that many genuinely terrible games Ive played. Whilst some end up being disappointing I can usually find something about them I like so they have some redeeming quality.

For a proper terrible game the one that comes to mind is Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust. I still remember the early games and even though they were nothing special they were still fun in their own way, but this one was just garbage with some of the most horrendous controls of any game I played. Just awful.

Ive never played Big Rigs, Ride To Hell or basically any other equivalent to The Room of bad video games though.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

Awesom-0

I don't really play too many terrible games, however i do own one terrible game in Devil May Cry 2 as it comes inside of the Devil May Cry HD Collection. I've given that game multiple chances, but i usually get annoyed by the helicopter boss fight where you can only damage the boss by holding the shoot button while it fires rockets at you off screen. -_-

I think I've also used to owned Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop on the Nintewndo Wii, back when i first bought it. I actually enjoyed DR:CTYD back when i first bought it, however after i played Dead Rising on the Xbox 360, and i realized how downgraded DR:CTYD is. I just can go back to it anymore.

I also owned Tony Hawk: Ride on the Nintendo Wii too. This game is pretty much self explanatory as to why it sucks.

Edited by Awesom-0

Am Shaegar

Don't remember playing any such game.

The only game that I regret buying is Chaser, and while it's an average shooter, but that actually is the worst thing about this game - it's so f*ckin lame in level design, AI, features and story, that it's just a complete bore. An extremely linear shooter with nothing interesting or engaging to offer. Every feature and every aspect of the game is copied from other awesome shooters released in the past.

Total waste of money.

Los Santos citizen

The worse game I've ever played is Burger King Sneak King.

Edited by Los Santos citizen

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 5 is both the worst and most disappointing game I've ever tortured myself with. I refuse to acknowledge it as a tony hawk game. The series ended with Proving Grounds.

Noale

Oh this is easy.

I bought Starforge on Steam when it was Early Access. This was way before Early Access was a synonym for garbage. I bought it, played it for 10 minutes and realized how incomplete it was, and never played it again. And because this was before Steam refunds, I just uninstalled and forgot about it. Starforge is probably one of the earliest examples of Early Access failures. The game was never completed, and has been removed from Steam. The hilarious part is the dev is still releasing garbage Early Access games, and idiots are still buying them because nobody bothers to research anymore.

StarForge is the sole reason I have never ever bought an Early Access game since. I don't care if it's Witcher 4 on Early Access, that is how badly StarForge has ruined Early Access for me.

B Dawg

- Overlord 2 Demo: Cool concept, play as Evil Dude with minions, f*ck sh*t up. Beyond terrible execution, failure on every front, don't even need to play the full game to see that.

- Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days: Another cool concept, terrible execution. Meh combat, unecessary and forced screen effects, bad pacing, almost non existent story. Below average shooter.

Edited by B Dawg

Femme Fatale

That I've played personally? Superman 64, what a waste of my dad's money, lol. Another terrible one is WCW: Backstage Assault, I'll stick to WWF No Mercy, thank you very much.

Lock n' Stock

Easily Ride to Hell: Retribution. Brought that f*cker on PSN for about 2 quid (out of curiosity) and still feel ripped off to this day. I can gladly say that I have nothing but contempt for everyone involved in it's vile, vile creation. Well, that might be stretching it a bit, but you get the idea.

Others I can name at the top of my head would be The Dalmatians on PSX (one of those sh*tty Disney rip-off games that only had mini-games and a badly-made cartoon FMV), Simpsons Wrestling, Big Rigs (for obvious reasons) and Rambo: The Video Game.

Edited by Lock N' Stock

Arrows to Athens

Fortnite.

Sanches

MGO3 - zero balance, worst netcode and game doesn't even give you opportunity to chat. And im not even talking about players with auto-aim and without aim assist are getting mixed up in the same lobbies.

WarZ - lol.
Rising Storm 2: Vietnam - bloomy forests and crosshair deadzone are not serving well for FPS.
Project Reality - Maybe i was having a bad luck, but people were shooting me only with RPG. Maybe that's the reality, but crawling a couple of kms to flang enemies just to get shot by RPG at point blank range isn't fun.

PAYDAY 2 - I actually loved this game at it's start. But now it's just not even funny to rob a goat farm with bow and minigun in your pockets.

Kyoto

Gat Out Of Hell. Just...ugh.

No customization. No in-game radio. Few story missions. Forgettable side activities. F*cking Disney musicals. I don't think I'll ever get back to finishing it.

Dear god what have they done to you, Gat?

Matrelith

The only game in my Steam library I never finished was the Legend of Korra game made by Platinum Games about three years ago. It was around the time the show was still on the air. The game looked pretty interesting and had all the things that made the show fun. What I got however was a clunky fighting game with awful button mashing sequences and the inability to save your game, so dying meant you usually had to re-do a big part of a level. After three hours I was just done with it and I haven't touched it since.

CHARMANDER50

NBA games ancianos real entretenimiento de baja vida i

ain't gonna play that game por el amor de mierda !

Richard Power Colt

Maybe Goat Simulator. I know that game is supposed to be a so bad it's good type of thing, but the joke got old after like 20 minutes and then the game just became so bad it's awful. I do actually kinda like the idea of a game where you can just mess around and do stupid sh*t, but there are a ton of genuinely good games that are much better for that. For example GTA, Just Cause and Gmod.

BenMitchell90

Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness is the worst game I've ever played. All the other worst games I've played are movie-licensed crap where I was a stupid kid and thought "I loved the movie, the game HAS to be good!" Like, who would expect Jurassic Park III: The DNA Factor on the GBA to be any good? But Angel of Darkness... hoo boy. You broke my heart, Lara. You broke my heart. The presentation, atmosphere and score were solid, and the story seemed kinda interesting (if not very Tomb Raider-y), but none of that matters any if the game itself is a broken, barely playable, unfinished mess. You know you're in for a winner when one of the most difficult tasks in the game is walking in a straight line.

ThatBenGuy

Oh brother! There's a BUNCH!

1. PETA games on their website: I hate this SJW organization with a burning passion! Their games are just downright disgusting and crappy knockoffs of Pokemon and Mario. If they were to do that with actually good games like GTA 4, I would literally scream my lungs out!

2. Pokemon series: Overrated bullcrap that teaches its audience that animals evolved from other animals when in actuality, they were created by God.

3. Sonic the Hedgehog: More overrated bullcrap that has a cancerous fanbase.

4. 5 Nights at Freddy's: Yet ANOTHER video game that has a fanbase that grows like the bubonic plague! It's boring AF as well! All you do is look around until a jump scare happens.

5. Mafia 3: A pretty big disgrace to the first two Mafia games.

6. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde: The main reason I don't really care for most retro games.

7. E. T.: Same reason as Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

Edited by ThatBenGuy

Algonquin Assassin

Maybe Goat Simulator. I know that game is supposed to be a so bad it's good type of thing, but the joke got old after like 20 minutes and then the game just became so bad it's awful. I do actually kinda like the idea of a game where you can just mess around and do stupid sh*t, but there are a ton of genuinely good games that are much better for that. For example GTA, Just Cause and Gmod.

That's just the thing though. Goat Simulator is entirely self aware that it's bad. It's different IMO when the developer tries to make a genuine attempt and it turns out to be awful even when it's not intended.

Lock n' Stock

Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness is the worst game I've ever played. All the other worst games I've played are movie-licensed crap where I was a stupid kid and thought "I loved the movie, the game HAS to be good!" Like, who would expect Jurassic Park III: The DNA Factor on the GBA to be any good? But Angel of Darkness... hoo boy. You broke my heart, Lara. You broke my heart. The presentation, atmosphere and score were solid, and the story seemed kinda interesting (if not very Tomb Raider-y), but none of that matters any if the game itself is a broken, barely playable, unfinished mess. You know you're in for a winner when one of the most difficult tasks in the game is walking in a straight line.

I more or less tolerated that game back in the day, but looking back gives me nothing but bad memories. Tomb Raider games were always pretty difficult to figure out at times, but Angel of Darkness was a true exercise in tedium. I remember spending hours upon hours in that Parisian slum figuring out what the f*ck I was supposed to do, wandering around the same places over and over and talking to random dickheads who were virtually useless. It says alot when the most fun I got out of it was watching Lara ragdoll to her death by swan-diving off high ledges.

And don't even get me started on the heinous controls and loading times.

YanUK

PS1 - Tunnel B1 has to be nominated.

LiangHuBBB

there was another topic about this, but I will say it here again

NM Sky

JayKed20

Fantastic 4 on the original Xbox

Laker23

I can't really choose a game that I absolutely loathe, as I'm usually careful in my selections.

However, I will nominate a colossal disappoint for me, which was Destiny 2. I can't really explain how much hope I had, and to see that hope turned to manure.

Tokasmoka

I am 38 and proud to say that I played the infamous ET on Atari. The game didn't even work, and all I remember was just moving this thing around two rooms. This thread should end on that note as no other game can compare but some other bad games:

Monster Party (NES) - Lame, felt like it took 2 hours to program this game.

Friday the 13th (NES) - Tedious

Top Gun (NES) - Maybe I was frustrated but I could not refuel my jet

Shaq Fu (SNES) - I rented this and returned it after an hour

Star Ocean 3(ps2) - I loved SO2 but this game was for kids

NHL07(xbox360/ps3) - Rushed next gen game that lacked season/franchise or create a player

Real Boxing(PC) - It was only $5 but I still want my $5 back

Sim City(PC) - Disappointing and riddled with bugs

I glanced at some of the worst games ever lists and thank god I didn't play a lot of those games but ET, Shaq Fu, and Friday the 13th are on basically every list.

BUT THE BENZ

HITMAN 5 - there is NO stealth and A.I. is BEYOND horrible!

thatstupidbug

HITMAN 5 - there is NO stealth and A.I. is BEYOND horrible!

You mean Absolution?

Turn the difficulty to Normal, take your precoius silverballer and play it like "bald john wick".

You can have "some" fun with it

Ohhh123r
Posted (edited)

For me, Here's the worst game i've ever played:-

Dr.Jekyll & Mr.Hyde on NES -Slow paces and useless weapons

E.T on Atari 2600

Plumbers Don't Wear Tie on 3DO -Wasn't even game, it just slideshow

Every LJN Games on NES

Action 52 on NES -How about Sh*tty 52

GTA Advance on GBA -Is one of those Where the hell to I go kinda Game

Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing on PC -Just pass through the building and bridge. CPU doesn't move

Karate Champ on NES -Worst Control Ever!

Superman 64 on N64 -Go fly through rings, pick up car, flying through rings and pick up car and GO THROUGH RINGS!!!!

Desert Bus on Sega CD -THIS IS A F*CKING 8 HOUR GAME!

Edited by Ohhh123r

Fl1ppy

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 5 is both the worst and most disappointing game I've ever tortured myself with. I refuse to acknowledge it as a tony hawk game. The series ended with Proving Grounds.

You might want to try out thugPro, a mod for underground 2 that adds in pretty much every map from the ps2 generation of tony hawk games.

On topic, tony Hawks Pro Skater 5: a game so bad, it gave both itself, robomodo and activision [insert disease here]

Oh I did play ThugPRO for a while, I'll have to undust my laptop and play it again sometime. I also still own all TH games on the X360 with the exception of THPS3. Luckily, they're all backwards compatible. Getting both OG Xbox THUG games and THPS4 cost me a small fortune but it was worth it.

It still doesn't fix the excitement and happiness I felt when I heard that THPS5 is coming and the disappointment that followed after release. It's just a game, but it broke my heart.

Tony Hawk himself tweeted recently that he doesn't work with Activision anymore but they still own the rights to the series and that he'll love to make remasters of the old games if he knew how to code them.