Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,589 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
RedCoyote

RDR2 - Gold Mines

RedCoyote

Hey guys,

Long time viewer first time poster!

I recently visited Nevada and had the great opportunity to go inside some old abandoned gold mines. Which brought me to this ...

Depending on the exact year RDR2 will be set in, could it be possible to have gold mines that you can travel through, possibly incorporating side missions involving mining for gold? These tunnels are almost endless so a large map of mine tunnels under large mountains could provide some extra gold/missions etc.

GTAFanClub

Welcome to the forums. Glad to have more members in this section.

I definitely think there will be gold mines to explore. There was at least one in the first game, although it wasn't that big. So it would be nice if they expanded on that idea.

Cozzi

I think that there will definitely be gold mines to explore. If the leak from a few weeks ago is real then there will be some kind of gold mining activities in the game. I just hope its not just 'hit rock with pickaxe'. i think it'd be cool to pan for gold and mine it yourself as well as maybe buy a gold mine, and fix it up, and hire people, and have it produce money like businesses in San Andres and such did.

Edited by Cozzi

Dr.Rosenthal

I definitely think there will be gold/coal/etc mines, since 1) we had them in RDR, and 2) they're a big part of what the old west society was centered around.

I really hope they'll be far bigger than in RDR though. I keep thinking of the dungeons in the Witcher 3 and how, after having spent a couple hours on some quest down there, you finally come to an entrance and see rays of light and it feels like you just want to draw a deep breath of fresh air IRL. :)

Posted (edited)

I recently visited Nevada and had the great opportunity to go inside some old abandoned gold mines. Which brought me to this ...

Did you go to Virginia City? I was lucky enough to spend the day there about 12 years ago. About as close as you can get to the authentic west with all the preserved buildings etc.

But yeah I'd love to do some mining in RDR2 so long as they don't have anything similar to poking along in a Post Op van to deliver my gold.

Edited by 1898

Cozzi
Posted (edited)

Did you go to Virginia City? I was lucky enough to spend the day there about 12 years ago. About as close as you can get to the authentic west with all the preserved buildings etc.

But yeah I'd love to do some mining in RDR2 so long as they don't have anything similar to poking along in a Post Op van to deliver my gold.

I would be so mad lol "Drive carriage full of gold to town to collect payment". i hate missions that are non-missions you know? like I know it costs more money to actually make new 3d models and animate stuff, otherwise youre using assets already there and it turns into a fetch quest or a delivery mission, but i still dont like it. Dialogue helps a lot. i was just taking people to the altruist camp in GTA:V but the dialogue was different every time and usually hilarious so its cool every time.

its like growing weed in the Mafia III 'Faster Baby' DLC, the growing system is deep enough and you can do different strains and stuff, so that part was solid, but when you sell the bud it just disappears when you harvest it to sell it and you get money instantly. i would like to be able to make deliveries at least. have him stop and get out and a small two line dialogue and then you move to the next two spots.

I dont play GTA:O but from what ive seen the only missions outside your warehouse for your businesses is moving vans around like you said .lol. I'd want it to be deeper than that.

Edited by Cozzi