Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,577 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

slimeball supreme

Could Dimtri be Jewish?

slimeball supreme

Kind of a weird question but could he? Hes voiced by an Israeli-Russian voice actor, he isnt like, overtly religious or anything, he associates with the Israeli-Russian Andriy Maximov, so on and so forth. Theres really no indication hes Russian Orthodox (and in real life most Russian mobsters/Russians in Brighton Beach are of Jewish descent anyway) apart from openly associating with Mikhail, he doesnt talk about any God or whatever; so the question remains. Could Dimitri be Jewish?

By the way this isnt a meme topic or anything im generally curious if this is a possibility or if anything contradicts this

RetroMystic

He could be jewish. He could be Catholic for that matter. He could also be Islamic, a Mormon or hell, he could even be a Scientologist.

He doesn't express any faith whatsoever. Why do you think out of all the religions in the world, without showing it at all that he could be jewish? It's just odd to me. Even if it's not this entire thread seems really bait-y

Hes voiced by an Israeli-Russian voice actor

If he was voiced by an Irish man would you automatically assume he's catholic based on his voice actor (something that has no bearing on the plot nor his character)?

I think you should know that not all Israelites are Jewish in faith.

Edited by RetroMystic

slimeball supreme

Why do you think out of all the religions in the world, without showing it at all that he could be jewish? It's just odd to me.

i mean it’s just a question dude haha. there are a couple pieces of evidence that point toward it being a possibility, like i said in the OP.

If he was voiced by an Irish man would you automatically assume he's catholic based on his voice actor (something that has no bearing on the plot nor his character)?

thats a bit of a false equivalency - ireland wasn’t founded as a catholic state and doesn’t identify as the location of the catholic holy land

i mean, no, not all israelites are jewish in faith - but individuals of askenazic descent (i.e. moti margolin) usually tend to be. the setting also points to it; famous russian gangsters in brighton Beach specifically (a jewish majority neighborhood) have always trended in being Jewish, whether that’s evsei agron or marat balagula or boris nayfeld.

does it really have any bearing on his character? no, not really. it’s just another small character trait that, in the end, doesn’t really change much about him. but it’s just interesting to think about imo, and if it was the case it would just mean more representation of a minority in a video game (and at least a nod to the dynamics of the real world). i don’t think this is a very offensive nor bait-y question in itself anyway tbh, if that’s what your post suggests, but if it is the mods can close it. not like this has generated much discussion anyway at this point

The Coconut Kid

He certainly could be. If you made reference to Dimitri having Jewish background in your fanfic (I just clicked your signature) it wouldn't seem odd to me.

However if you're looking for solid evidence then you could refer to Dimitri's criminal record stating that he exploited immigration to gain US residency in the mid 1990s. Those with Jewish backgrounds were still classed as political refugees during that period so it wouldn't be a stretch to imagine this influenced how Dimitri managed to settle in Liberty City. Faustin's criminal record has the same detail included in it.

Mr_Rager

it would be pure kino if somehow Dimitri flees to Israel and Niko has to go with Brucie to his brother Mori in Israel and start a manhunt.

Stoney0503

no

Tao Cheng

Sometimes I feel like Mr.BossFTW is Dimitri Rascolov. Like in the Revenger's Tragedy where he shouts on top of his lungs on his goons to kill Niko is similar how MrBoss demands his kid fanbase to kill that one good player that's trolling his army.

MARKUS.

BLADE_San_Andreas

Biggest plot twist ever dimitri is actually jewish!

Johnny Spaz

No wonder he was so money hungry at the end of the game

lol232
Posted (edited)

Hes voiced by an Israeli-Russian voice actor

Niko was voiced by an American. Is Niko actually American?

Also, I'm Jewish myself (ethnically speaking) and I'm an Orthodox Christian. Not all Jews believe in Judaism either.

So it really depends on how specific you want to be.

Edited by lol232