2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

ClaudeIzABadAzz

How To Remove Static Blur?

DJQuaie

It works when I'm inside the apartment on TBoGT, but when I walk outside, it goes right back to looking like definition is off without the mod. This also occurs with TLAD. I do use the EFLC version though.

That sounds like the boom effect. You can try download a timecyc.dat editor and set Intensity Boom to 1.0 for all weathers all time.

What's the boom effect exactly? Also, do you have a timecyc editor you can recommend?

What's the boom effect exactly? Also, do you have a timecyc editor you can recommend?

K1QUwcm.png

https://www.gtaall.com/gta-4/programs/11289-edit-lv-v128.html

I set the bloom for every time for every weather to 1 and the issue still occurs.

He apparently didn't understand your issue or doesn't know what he's talking about. He wrote about "boom effect" and after indicated you to modifiy the bloom to get rid of glitch. Of course it doesn't make any difference, it would be the same thing if I told you to increase the contrast or gamma values from timecyc to fix the graphic issue... only in a parallel universe will work, but not here... Changing those values only modifies the intensity of bloom effect and how you see the light in-game.

On the subject now: I also had also that glitch when motion blur stopped working and definition was reset to full screen game default bluriness, but only in rare occasions. It's a higher chance to happen during a foggy night, when exit/enter an interior. Happened for me once after I exit Maisonette and another time in The Lost and Damned, in the mission when you have to enter Brian's safehouse. I didn't found a fix for this, because it wasn't a problem for me, it reverts quick to normal after you save or load a savegame, no big issue.

... I'm gonna check and try to upload today a fixed timecyc for TBoGT to work with the 2nd version of the GTA IV & EFLC BETTER MOTION BLUR from here http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=15713

DJQuaie
Posted (edited)

I also had this problem with version 2.0 of the mod. Works well with TLaD but it crashes when loading TBoGT because of removed far blur. It is the lightest timecyc from gta 4, with no bloom or far blur effects, thats why buildings look so edgy and the mod can't create far blur and crashes. You have to edit / fix yourself the timecyc.dat from Eflc\TBoGT\pc\data folder.

The more exact lines are situated in the 11 column from right end. Look for the 0.141 value, and start edit the numbers under it. Here's the first step:

0.000 0.000 1.061 1.100 1.000 1.000 1.000 0.900 2.00 1.000 1.000 (TBoGT default lines)

versus

0.216 1.000 1.061 1.100 1.000 1.000 1.000 0.900 2.00 1.000 1.000 (TBoGT fixed lines).

Take the values from gta 4 timecyc or from TLaD ( doesn't really matter) and by this method, copy - paste all the new values till you finish the last lines from Cloudy weather. The Rain,Drizzle and the rest to the end don't need to edit from what I remember, they already have far blur distance. With patience you will get the timecyc to work with mod and enjoy the game.

Is there a chance you could upload the file with the fixed lines?

=================================

As a request, I uploaded the timecyc here >> link << .

Now the crash after loading game should be gone.

Enjoy! If you like it, send some beers, should be enough :) .

Edited by DJQuaie

MrEWhite
Posted (edited)

Edit

Edited by MrEWhite

MrEWhite

I also had this problem with version 2.0 of the mod. Works well with TLaD but it crashes when loading TBoGT because of removed far blur. It is the lightest timecyc from gta 4, with no bloom or far blur effects, thats why buildings look so edgy and the mod can't create far blur and crashes. You have to edit / fix yourself the timecyc.dat from Eflc\TBoGT\pc\data folder.

The more exact lines are situated in the 11 column from right end. Look for the 0.141 value, and start edit the numbers under it. Here's the first step:

0.000 0.000 1.061 1.100 1.000 1.000 1.000 0.900 2.00 1.000 1.000 (TBoGT default lines)

versus

0.216 1.000 1.061 1.100 1.000 1.000 1.000 0.900 2.00 1.000 1.000 (TBoGT fixed lines).

Take the values from gta 4 timecyc or from TLaD ( doesn't really matter) and by this method, copy - paste all the new values till you finish the last lines from Cloudy weather. The Rain,Drizzle and the rest to the end don't need to edit from what I remember, they already have far blur distance. With patience you will get the timecyc to work with mod and enjoy the game.

Is there a chance you could upload the file with the fixed lines?

=================================

As a request, I uploaded the timecyc here >> link << .

Now the crash after loading game should be gone.

Enjoy! If you like it, send some beers, should be enough :) .

This worked perfectly, thanks!