Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,147 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

ClaudeIzABadAzz

How To Remove Static Blur?

ClaudeIzABadAzz

I really like Motion Blur and DOF, which all come with Definition ON, however I don't like the static blur.

How can I remove the Static Blur while still keeping the Motion Blur and DOF? And don't bother suggesting Ultimate Graphics Tweak, because I tried that.

Official General

Use mods if you have it on PC.

ClaudeIzABadAzz

The only mod available for something like this is UTG, which I already tried.

Am Shaegar

Yup, mods only can address this. I don't think its possible otherwise.

Take a look @ Amazing Performance and Graphics v3.0

Motion blur: completely remove static blur, remain only motion blur

HigorSM

Use this mod, from all the mods that try to improve the DOF/motion blur that I ever used, this is the best, it doesn't tone down the blur so much that is almost unnoticeable, and it doesn't exaggerate the blur so much that it's almost impossible to see anything. unfortunately, it doesn't "fix" the blur on cutscenes that blur the entire screen, but at least on gameplay it's ok.

Edited by HigorSM

ClaudeIzABadAzz

Use this mod, from all the mods that try to improve the DOF/motion blur that I ever used, this is the best, it doesn't tone down the blur so much that is almost unnoticeable, and it doesn't exaggerate the blur so much that it's almost impossible to see anything. unfortunately, it doesn't "fix" the blur on cutscenes that blur the entire screen, but at least on gameplay it's ok.

Thank you, this has seemed to work so far. Will it work with V1.0.8.0?

George Costanza

Judging by the files, yes, it should work.

HigorSM

Thank you, this has seemed to work so far. Will it work with V1.0.8.0?

Yes

ClaudeIzABadAzz

Thanks it works with 1.0.8.0. Does it remove all the static blur? Or only most of it?

HigorSM

Most of it, the cutscenes still have the static blur.

ClaudeIzABadAzz

OK thanks. I have noticed things in the distance are blurry - is this because of his DOF?

HigorSM

yes

ClaudeIzABadAzz

That's funny coz phone lines literally RIGHT ABOVE MY HEAD are blurry. These types of mods are weird, they say static blur is gone, but it really isn't.

MrEWhite

I love this mod in IV, but using it in EFLC causes it to crash when loading into a save. Is there any mod that's similar to it that doesn't have that issue?

HigorSM

I love this mod in IV, but using it in EFLC causes it to crash when loading into a save. Is there any mod that's similar to it that doesn't have that issue?

Not that I know. I don't play EFLC much, so I never used the mod with it and don't know any mod similar to this that work with it.

Have you tested the first version of the mod? it must work with EFLC, but I think it doesn't have the depth of field.

P2FX

There was a rage_postfx.fxc shader file edit on the internet some years ago which does exactly what you want but can't find where it is now. But I have this file on my PC and it works with 1.0.7.0 and 1.0.8.0. I can upload it for you if you want.

MrEWhite
Posted (edited)

There was a rage_postfx.fxc shader file edit on the internet some years ago which does exactly what you want but can't find where it is now. But I have this file on my PC and it works with 1.0.7.0 and 1.0.8.0. I can upload it for you if you want.

Don't think it'd give the DOF effect though.

Edited by MrEWhite

ClaudeIzABadAzz

MrEWhite, I can confirm that version 1 of the mod works fine with IV and EFLC, as this is the version I personally use.

P2FX

Don't think it'd give the DOF effect though.

Just checked, It does have DOF just very subtle

mRNpXjl.png

hLIkBgN.png

DJQuaie

I also had this problem with version 2.0 of the mod. Works well with TLaD but it crashes when loading TBoGT because of removed far blur. It is the lightest timecyc from gta 4, with no bloom or far blur effects, thats why buildings look so edgy and the mod can't create far blur and crashes. You have to edit / fix yourself the timecyc.dat from Eflc\TBoGT\pc\data folder.

The more exact lines are situated in the 11 column from right end. Look for the 0.141 value, and start edit the numbers under it. Here's the first step:

0.000 0.000 1.061 1.100 1.000 1.000 1.000 0.900 2.00 1.000 1.000 (TBoGT default lines)

versus

0.216 1.000 1.061 1.100 1.000 1.000 1.000 0.900 2.00 1.000 1.000 (TBoGT fixed lines).

Take the values from gta 4 timecyc or from TLaD ( doesn't really matter) and by this method, copy - paste all the new values till you finish the last lines from Cloudy weather. The Rain,Drizzle and the rest to the end don't need to edit from what I remember, they already have far blur distance. With patience you will get the timecyc to work with mod and enjoy the game.

MrEWhite

Could you post this?

ClaudeIzABadAzz

Another good thing about this mod is that the static blur is also removed from cutscenes.

And thank you very much DJQaie!

P2FX

Could you post this?

https://mega.nz/#!wqwCXLQK!_og12lDBdjyvVWX0PQidd_9UjNubiOM0j6GDvcGJZbo

Copy and replace this into all shader sub folders. No static blur inside or outside of cutscenes, has DoF and motion blur, works with DLC version of TLAD and TBoGT. Don't have standalone EFLC so don't know about that.

ClaudeIzABadAzz

I just tried that, and I actually prefer the other one.

On:

R8AUi2r.png

Off:

YhESwLM.png

As you can see, there is much more static blur still left over, whereas with the other mod, 99% of the static blur was gone completely.

TWIST_OF_HATE

... and I actually prefer the other one.

Link, please ?

MrEWhite
Posted (edited)

I also had this problem with version 2.0 of the mod. Works well with TLaD but it crashes when loading TBoGT because of removed far blur. It is the lightest timecyc from gta 4, with no bloom or far blur effects, thats why buildings look so edgy and the mod can't create far blur and crashes. You have to edit / fix yourself the timecyc.dat from Eflc\TBoGT\pc\data folder.

The more exact lines are situated in the 11 column from right end. Look for the 0.141 value, and start edit the numbers under it. Here's the first step:

0.000 0.000 1.061 1.100 1.000 1.000 1.000 0.900 2.00 1.000 1.000 (TBoGT default lines)

versus

0.216 1.000 1.061 1.100 1.000 1.000 1.000 0.900 2.00 1.000 1.000 (TBoGT fixed lines).

Take the values from gta 4 timecyc or from TLaD ( doesn't really matter) and by this method, copy - paste all the new values till you finish the last lines from Cloudy weather. The Rain,Drizzle and the rest to the end don't need to edit from what I remember, they already have far blur distance. With patience you will get the timecyc to work with mod and enjoy the game.

Is there a chance you could upload the file with the fixed lines?

Edited by MrEWhite

MrEWhite
Posted (edited)

Could you post this?

https://mega.nz/#!wqwCXLQK!_og12lDBdjyvVWX0PQidd_9UjNubiOM0j6GDvcGJZbo

Copy and replace this into all shader sub folders. No static blur inside or outside of cutscenes, has DoF and motion blur, works with DLC version of TLAD and TBoGT. Don't have standalone EFLC so don't know about that.

It works when I'm inside the apartment on TBoGT, but when I walk outside, it goes right back to looking like definition is off without the mod. This also occurs with TLAD. I do use the EFLC version though.

Edited by MrEWhite

P2FX

It works when I'm inside the apartment on TBoGT, but when I walk outside, it goes right back to looking like definition is off without the mod. This also occurs with TLAD. I do use the EFLC version though.

That sounds like the boom effect. You can try download a timecyc.dat editor and set Intensity Boom to 1.0 for all weathers all time.

MrEWhite

That sounds like the boom effect. You can try download a timecyc.dat editor and set Intensity Boom to 1.0 for all weathers all time.

What's the boom effect exactly? Also, do you have a timecyc editor you can recommend?