Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,638 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
El Payaso

Does double $ and RP make Smuggler's Run worth it?

irish.chr

This business would only barely be worth it if it was triple payout.

So no.

Smokewood

Smuggler's Run is probably the worst business to own without the current promo due to the paltry payouts. Does double GTA $ and RP make Smuggler's Run worth the effort?

Define "worth it"...

Is it the fastest way to make a dollar... probably not.

Is it fun? - For awhile...

so sure, 2xCash can't be bad, right???

Rashkovskys Shiv

^ There's a hefty cooldown between each run of the same type of cargo

2 minutes per crate is not what I would call 'hefty'

And you can always rotate if you have ppl helping you.

Rafae

^ Each type of good has a different cooldown, narcotics having the highest and increases the more associates you have.

Hécate-II

3min50s for Narcs, sometimes.

Rafae

3min50s for Narcs, sometimes.

That's if you're solo

It goes up to around 7 with three other associates.

Rashkovskys Shiv

^ Each type of good has a different cooldown, narcotics having the highest and increases the more associates you have.

Well I can't confirm that right now as I only source medical supplies and nothing else till the hangar is full, but I believe narcotics/medical supplies/chemicals are the top tier.

They all have the bonus when you fill with 50 crates and they should all have the same cool down.

My cool down for a solo crates is 2 minutes,2 crates 4 minutes and 3 crates about 6 minutes.

Associates don't influence the timer, the crates do, because you are limited to 4 crates regardless of how many associates you have if you are doing it as an MC

Rafae

^ That's pretty much what I meant, the more associates you have the more crates you're able to deliver but yeah the cooldown maxes out at four crates as you can't carry any more even if you have more people with you.

IceDree

While the most of the missions are fun, IMO it only worth it as a business if you accumulate the crates over an extended period of time, hold on to them & sell them during a 2x$ event.

I made $1.2m from Smuggling on the first day of this event, here's how I did it:

I collected 50 crates over a period of 50 days. I treated Smuggling as a side business, I collected a crate at the end of each day once I'm done playing.

I collected 10 of everything but Chemicals, Narcotics & Medical Supplies to make sure I get easy & medium difficulty missions, multiplier bonus on every type of cargo I collect to maximize my profits & the sale missions are solo friendly.

Once I had 50 crates, I waited until an event came along & sold them solo 10 crates at a time. I did VIP work during the cooldowns & earned a cool $1.2m once all said & done.

Rashkovskys Shiv

Just sold my 50 crates of medical supplies in a full public lobby for

$1.98 million.

Two skylifts.

One drop each.

5 minutes.

With 3 randoms.

The First Hunter

The way i deal with cooldown is, i keep alternating between two top tier supplies.

Let's say we have Narcotics and Chemicals.

I get both to 25 crates, sell Chemicals then keep sourcing both.

Narcotics keeps getting closer to 50 crates and when hangar gets filled i sell Chemicals again.

After a while I'll have 50 Narcotics to sell.

This way there's really no downtime on sourcing and selling them

DarkFlame588

Should swap chemicals to something else after the first batch so you can get the bonuses for 10 or 5 of the other cargo.

The Other Dude

Wow really? That's unbelievable. You'd think they would want to encourage co-operation.

Rafae

They also want to encourage you to collect other types of goods lol

scaldy78

Id say it was worth it

gLpfQnF.jpg

Narcotics, Chemicals, and Medical supplies give you the biggest payout for 50 crates. Normally 850k or 17k per crate. In this instance 1.7 mil at 34k per crate.

Edited by scaldy78

The First Hunter

Thanks to all the lovely crew members who helped me sell my stock last night.

Even tho the game lagged out for the last 2 drops (It was only like 100k anyway, nothing too big)

FukNRekd

This does not compare with IE with VIP in between, for me. The 2x helps make it grindable and almost worth the payout. I took advantage of the discount on Hunters after 42 steal missions.

Basically I make well over a third of a million per hour with guns and cars.

Steal and sell a car every 20 mins with a VIP in between, sometimes 2 depending on the source missions. That's 300k+per hour.

Throw in passive gun money with a 10 minute sell mission every 2.5 hours and I'm in it for 380k easily every hour. If I throw in some coke I go faster, I mean, I make more money. Over 400k per hour.

Air cargo is taking at least 6 minutes per crate and that's using an akula (buzzard to fly under bridges), often closer to 10 minutes each. Titan is crap for time but the akula makes it easy work.

That's almost 6 hours to fill up a warehouse with no potty breaks. At 2x that's about 280k per hour. I'm not even gonna do the maths for 1x.

I spent most of the weekend on air cargo and the only reason it's been worth it is the 1mil savings on the Hunter. I did most of the source missions in public lobbies using the Akula and nobody knew I was there. :)

The First Hunter

This does not compare with IE with VIP in between, for me. The 2x helps make it grindable and almost worth the payout. I took advantage of the discount on Hunters after 42 steal missions.

Basically I make well over a third of a million per hour with guns and cars.

Steal and sell a car every 20 mins with a VIP in between, sometimes 2 depending on the source missions. That's 300k+per hour.

Throw in passive gun money with a 10 minute sell mission every 2.5 hours and I'm in it for 380k easily every hour. If I throw in some coke I go faster, I mean, I make more money. Over 400k per hour.

Air cargo is taking at least 6 minutes per crate and that's using an akula (buzzard to fly under bridges), often closer to 10 minutes each. Titan is crap for time but the akula makes it easy work.

That's almost 6 hours to fill up a warehouse with no potty breaks. At 2x that's about 280k per hour. I'm not even gonna do the maths for 1x.

I spent most of the weekend on air cargo and the only reason it's been worth it is the 1mil savings on the Hunter. I did most of the source missions in public lobbies using the Akula and nobody knew I was there. :)

It sucks because you're doing the math for solo.

This business is best done with 3 associates.

Let's say each mission takes 10 mins, with 3 associates you can source 24 crates an hour which is 480k an hour (Not counting the bonuses)

That beats I/E's 384k/h with 3 associates

FukNRekd

True, and a valid point. But as a solo player that is another reason I stay away from it unless there's 2x or something going on.

I have a small group I run with sometimes so the crew is there when I need it. Just not too excited about working with others. LOL.

Hallvar

Thats decent pay then, as it should be because its 4ppl working hard.

I feel like this business wouldnt be OP with double dollars all the time.

SaveTheZombies

No.

No way. The supply missions take too long and the sale missions get f*cked way too easily.

The only thing that makes me really happy I own a hangar is the Akula.

FukNRekd

No.

No way. The supply missions take too long and the sale missions get f*cked way too easily.

The only thing that makes me really happy I own a hangar is the Akula.

It really does help, especially getting the crates back to the hanger. Those poor NPC helis don't have a chance of keeping up. The only one I don't use it on is stunts, I use a buzzard and just fly under bridges for 5 minutes then collect meh stuffs.

Only done a few sell missions and they seem very, um... sensitive.

Smooth Longsack

I only steal other players air cargo. It's fun but a bit of a bummer that my collection of goods is not homogenous. Thusly, I get no bonuses on sales. My crates are just trophies of other players' misery. The air hangar is where I turn into buffalo bill and they put the lotion in the basket.

SneakERommel

These missions are too time consuming and tedious when flying solo even for double $. When you have 3 associates its worth it. But even then I would rather do I/E or crates.

Hécate-II

Finally, I managed to lonewolf 23 Narcs+13 Tobacco thanks to Havoc missions, easy if you own LSIA Hangar. Out + 100 missions in public lobbies I've lost only one crate those last days because of a jet griefer who attacked me off radar when I was flying low to blow up the stupid antennas. I litterally spent the 15 next minutes to liquefy that scrub with Barrage rockets and bombs. The kind of moments you just regret that R* doesn't bring some napalm, phosphate, or whatever super dirty bomb.

Edited by Hécate-II

Rashkovskys Shiv

I only steal other players air cargo. It's fun but a bit of a bummer that my collection of goods is not homogenous. Thusly, I get no bonuses on sales. My crates are just trophies of other players' misery. The air hangar is where I turn into buffalo bill and they put the lotion in the basket.

Exactly

It is useless to steal crates from players,if mine gets stolen, I just let it go and continue because it's basically useless they have the same items in their hangar.