Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,529 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
El Payaso

Does double $ and RP make Smuggler's Run worth it?

El Payaso

Smuggler's Run is probably the worst business to own without the current promo due to the paltry payouts. Does double GTA $ and RP make Smuggler's Run worth the effort?

Zee_Lolz

If run solo, no. I ran 4 sources today with another player for 8 crates of narcotics and only made 80,000 on the sale. If you have a full mc it.may be a good profit considering $ per hr

Edited by Zee_Lolz

Chang

If you haven't done them in a while perhaps, and already have some crates ready to go.

I currently got 11 crates, all stolen.

:) I Chang

Fireboy769

Short answer: No

Long answer: Let's face it: you bought the hangar only to upgrade Aircraft and to gain access to Fort Zancudo, didn't you?

The Air Cargo business is definitely the worst business you can run. Just get a I/E garage or a Bunker/MC Business.

Shadowfennekin

Pretty much worth selling only once during a double week then never touching again until the next one.

Stocking up on crates or focusing on meth/coke would be more worthwhile.

CrysisAverted

Tom Cruise makes enough money from smuggling in his little Cuban 800 to buy a f*cking town

I'm f*cking bleeding money from my business

0CypherP

Get some associates to spawn more crates,get 4 crates on each mission,13 missions to fill up the Hangar,each one taking 4-10 minutes if you are good enough.

Max profit is 1 million and 700k,ron takes some money from the sale 100k maybe,i don't remember well

So,basically based on my personal experience it takes 3 hours to fill up the Hangar if you have three friends helping you,now you tell me if it is worth or not.

Rammer2k

I made $470K selling a stock of 20 Narcotics crates. Got the rather boring Hanglider mission which even with another buddy, only had about 2mins to spare on 3 Deliveries.

ash-274

If you’ve unlocked the trade prices already, no.

SOME of the acquisition missions are kinda fun. Most can be done easier with owned aircraft rather than provided ones. Many should have additional players, especially almost all the full-capacity sales deliveries.

While getting the stock is free (no supplies, no crates to purchase), the delivery prices (even doubled) aren’t worth the time involved. Add in the freeroam randomness of other interloping trolls and what have you got to show for it?

III-Ari-III

Better to take advantage of the 25% increase in biker businesses sales if you have them, or stick to the bunker.

scaldy78

Narcotics, chemicals, and medical supplys give you a huge bonus for having 50 of them. Its 850k rather than 500k. It means each crate solo is worth 17k. If u have 3 associates it means ur crate mission is worth 68k. At double money its a 136k with 3 associates.

50 crates of narc, chem or meds is 1.7million. If u have a few capable friends its definitely worth it.

Happy Hunter

They are pretty easy money, though I'm not sure anything compares to I/E (of course, that gets boring after too much of it).

I use the Hunter and Akula for them. Akula in crowded and risky sessions - chances are they'll never even know you were there. Hunter when I don't feel very threatened - it has great speed, more complete weaponry and countermeasures.

xwinkx_girlYakuza

it could be fun giving us a break from doing I/E when there is double GTA $ and RP. Flying all kinds of aircrafts and getting paid sure is ok in my book :beerhat:

TheGuyBehindYou

If you collect 50 narcotics/medicals/chemicals you get a 70% bonus that sells for 1.7 mil with the double $ event. Thats 34k per mission if you do it solo so imo its definitely worth it. Its not the most profitable business even with the double bonus but it still pays a lot and its a nice change from the usual I/E grind.

Bloodytears1666

They are pretty easy money, though I'm not sure anything compares to I/E (of course, that gets boring after too much of it).

vid.

I use the Hunter and Akula for them. Akula in crowded and risky sessions - chances are they'll never even know you were there. Hunter when I don't feel very threatened - it has great speed, more complete weaponry and countermeasures.

Those missions on helicopter is a joke, about two waves of homing spamming to destroy all the enemies and few barrages or bombing for any vehicles, then land, take all away and gone. 5 min. job including travel time

Sanches

Is it worth to buy a Hangar? No.
Is it worth to work if you already have one? Definitely.

Hécate-II

If you're a low level like me who spent all money on a Hunter and Hangar, then yes, imo Its better when solo to own LSIA Hangar, because you're extremely close from one of the best VIP job variation: LS Headhunter, easy 20 k every 10 minutes to grab when Narcotics are on cooldown.

I optimized some missions, I know in advance where is the crate...however just skip the Titan mission, uttermost idiotic, you can't speed up the process.

thepiebaker

If you're able to coordinate a 4+man team, yes.

One source+ 1 sale= 80+k

A full MC? 160k plus a bonus depending on crate type.

12.5 source missions in full CEO or 6.25 source missions in full MC for full stock.

That's a mill and a half in an hour, roughly.

Sentinel Driver

One source+ 1 sale= 80+k

12.5 source missions in full CEO or 6.25 source missions in full MC for full stock.

You'll get a maximum of 4 crates per sourcing mission even if you have 8 players in your mc

source:

Dragon_Of_Tragedy

I stopped after I unlocked the trade price for the hunter.

Too much time with crap payout.

Import/export is the best money solo. Doomsday heist repeat method if you have friends.

Edited by jerryinohio78

HeavyDuke

Import/export is the best money solo. Doomsday heist repeat method if you have friends.

1 friend will do, even did the elite challenge with just 1 friend. Should have seen my e-peen grow.

Seriously though, just make sure one of the two knows how to do the hacks puzzles within the 15 minutes. I've seen many people fail so hard at this.

KWF1981

No better time to see a return in an investment I'd written off. $100k for 5 of the easy crates. Absolutely!.

Nutduster

My hangar is almost full of chemicals so I intend to find out this weekend. How many delivery vehicles should I expect for a full sale? I've only done one sale before and it was just to see what the mission was like - I was selling very little stuff. Haven't bothered since due to low payouts, and most of the times I sourced were to unlock discounts.

Fun 2

One source+ 1 sale= 80+k

You can only pick up 4 crates even if you have 8 players.

If you are going for "Steal 4 crates and sell them immediately" approach then you are better doing I/E

You might spend the same time if you sourcing a car or stealing crates but I/E doesn't have many variables when it comes to selling.

It's a bunch of cars you just deliver to the buyer while if you sell airfreight crates you might end up with the Havok mission or the Ultralight mission or the Skylift.

Edited by Fun 2

Rashkovskys Shiv

Hangar work is worth it if you have at least 3 solid friends or randoms who can

-fly

-use common sense

-be reliable, dependable and stealthy.

-have time to work for you for almost nothing

-have lots of free time.

If your answer is no

Then skip it.

I have $15 million in hangar sales,much more than most gta players.

So I'm speaking from a lot of experience.

Edited by Rashkovskys Shiv

RANDOMv2

I did just enough Smugglers Run missions to get all of the discounts on the vehicles. Once I did the sale and realized that Ron gets a cut I told him he could kiss my furry bean bag. Who is Ron that he is the only contact to leech off of my profits. That was my one and only Smugglers Run sale. I'll make my bonus off the biker sales.

FukNRekd

Didn't know that about Ron. He deserves a drunk, horny Trevor, not meh monnies.

Edited by FukNRekd

MisFit-138

Like Sanchez pointed out, if you already own the hangar then definitely worth it. Some off the most fun mission in the game

Hécate-II

My hangar is almost full of chemicals so I intend to find out this weekend. How many delivery vehicles should I expect for a full sale? I've only done one sale before and it was just to see what the mission was like - I was selling very little stuff. Haven't bothered since due to low payouts, and most of the times I sourced were to unlock discounts.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/895264-business-knowledge-base-smugglers-run/?p=1069812155

Hunter from delivery missions have no flares btw...

Checked the smuggler script.

It kinda works like Gunrunning, 5 sale missions apply to:

10 crates and less = one vehicle.

11 crates and more = 2 vehicles.

26 crates and more = 3 vehicles.

While there's other missions that has their own values:

Havok sale mission:

10 crates & less = 3

11 crates & more = 6

26 crates & more = 8

Bombushka sale mission:

One vehicle no matter the amount of crates.

Skylift sale mission:

10 crates & less = 1

11 crates & more = 2

26 crates & more = 2

Ultralight sale mission:

10 crates & less = 2

11 crates & more = 3

26 crates & more = 3

Edited by Hécate-II

Nutduster

Thanks for the info. So it seems like if I have 2 associates I'm covered, unless the Havok mission comes up, which is absolutely crazy sounding.