Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,082 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
thalilmythos

VC - Hit squad

thalilmythos

Vice City hit squad

Oh yeah, you're god damn right this had to be done.

7oHtGJG.png

AT4f6pX.png

AMbgBYv.png

wiitNT9.png

When you are the kingpin of vice city, you cannot expect to live without looking over your shoulder.

Gangs will send unexpected hit squads your way once in a while.

http://sharemods.com/9o3dvpb8jbk9/Hit_squad_VC.rar.html

Edited by thalilmythos

The Eddo

Nice, but you shouldn't make the Cubans attack Tommy, because he's their ally.

EDIT:

I have an idea, I call it "Hidden Assassin", inspired by HippieCommunist's Gang Wars SCM mod for III:

"A hitman will be roaming about on foot everywhere in Vice City, looking for Tommy, his model will be always random, making him look like any other male ped.

If he sees Tommy, he'll attack him after waiting for a while (target confirmation).

At night time, he'll slowly start zeroing in on your current position if you stay in one area for a long time.

He will start appearing when Tommy receives a phone call where Sonny tells him "I ain't forgotten about you", or you can use a separate CLEO script to make him appear always."

What do you say?

Edited by The Eddo

thalilmythos

Every gang around town is an ally to tommy at some point in the story, so i justify this just by thinking these are a little group from the gang that just doesn't like him, actually, you do kill cubans when doing missions for Auntie SO it would be possible there's people on the cubans that dislike Tommy, and you do kill haitians while working for the cubans, SO it would be possible there's people on the haitians that dislike Tommy, the Diaz guys, allways hated tommy, and the street wannabes just are there for the fun.

The only gang you actually don't mess with is the bikers, and that's why they are not here.

Also that on foot hitman is an idea that has been on my mind a while, however, roaming on foot around town? making him close in?

Why bother with scripting all that when making him appear randomly, walking over to you and then, pulling out a revolver to shoot you would just do the job?

You wouldn't notice if the hitman is roaming or closing in anyway.

B Dawg

Cubans don't ever see you doing it though, weren't you far away with a Sniper Rifle when killing them in the mission? + Umberto himself never talks to Tommy about it as he doesn't know (and neither does Tommy)

thalilmythos

But, the streets talk, like it says in the book, we are blessed, aand cursed.

The Eddo

Every gang around town is an ally to tommy at some point in the story, so i justify this just by thinking these are a little group from the gang that just doesn't like him, actually, you do kill cubans when doing missions for Auntie SO it would be possible there's people on the cubans that dislike Tommy, and you do kill haitians while working for the cubans, SO it would be possible there's people on the haitians that dislike Tommy, the Diaz guys, allways hated tommy, and the street wannabes just are there for the fun.

The only gang you actually don't mess with is the bikers, and that's why they are not here.

Okay, I agree on that one.

however, roaming on foot around town? making him close in?

Yes, and that way, you can suddenly run into him, adding more randomness to the game and making the player stay prepared.

Why bother with scripting all that when making him appear randomly, walking over to you and then, pulling out a revolver to shoot you would just do the job?

Sorry, but where's the fun in that?

You wouldn't notice if the hitman is roaming or closing in anyway.

You can make him look at Tommy using the 022D opcode or make him do other random activities, so the player has to look out for any ped doing suspicious activities...

I'll try to make a script with the features I've mentioned.

Edited by The Eddo

The Eddo

Well, I tried to make a script with the basic spawn, do random suspicious activities, walk over and kill features, I also added randomness, the hitman has a random amount of health, armor, cash and accuracy ranging from 25 to 100, including cash.

The weapons I gave him were the Baseball Bat and the Colt .45 with 51 ammo.

But sadly, the script didn't work, the hitman didn't appear at all, I edited the script and tried again and again, but he didn't appear, so I just deleted it.

thalilmythos

Well you could have send it to me, to check it out man, if you still have some source, i'd like to do that.

lolleroz

Are you planning to expand and introduce features like you did for san andreas? VC really lacks anything to do after main story except for vigilante. Great work.

gts.

Damn, now they attack you on VC? Great!

You've done some nice and decent mods the last months. Can you list all of your scripts somewhere? Like a workshop.

thalilmythos

I'm actually thinking about making sidemissions for vice city like i did for sa, but i am trying to learn the minor differences on the way of modding between sa and VC.

However the ideas here are different.

I'd like to create missions related to the assets, drug dealing started on Vercetti state, robbing merchandise trucks for cherry popper and the printworks, some car robbery sidemission for sunshine autos and a Hitman or assasinations sidemission. also, attacks from gangs on the properties, that would make you lose money for damages in case of failing, and stuff like that is what have been on my mind.

I really feel VC lacking so much on the sidemissions department, that i can't help but wish for rockstar to release VCS on pc so i don't feel the obligation to do all of this!!!

The good part is, that is i don't have to worry about reactions so much because Vice is way more straight forward than Sa with the mission scripting.

Edited by thalilmythos

The Eddo

Well you could have send it to me, to check it out man, if you still have some source, i'd like to do that.

Sorry, but the source has been deleted as well, now there's nothing left of that script on my PC.

And I used your script as a base to build upon.

HOWEVER, I do NOT claim that your work is mine, I didn't steal it, I just edited it for personal use and then deleted it.

I'm actually thinking about making sidemissions for vice city like i did for sa, but i am trying to learn the minor differences on the way of modding between sa and VC.

However the ideas here are different.

I'd like to create missions related to the assets, drug dealing started on Vercetti state, robbing merchandise trucks for cherry popper and the printworks, some car robbery sidemission for sunshine autos and a Hitman or assasinations sidemission. also, attacks from gangs on the properties, that would make you lose money for damages in case of failing, and stuff like that is what have been on my mind.

I really feel VC lacking so much on the sidemissions department, that i can't help but wish for rockstar to release VCS on pc so i don't feel the obligation to do all of this!!!

The good part is, that is i don't have to worry about reactions so much because Vice is way more straight forward than Sa with the mission scripting.

I think I can help you on that one.

Edited by The Eddo

kaetsyth

Hi, thanks for your mod :)

I found a glitch in it : the game crashes if the gang vehicle explodes before the gangsters get out (BIGBANG, drive-by, rhino collision). I can provide you the address of the exception given by the game if you want - I'm playing on VC 1.0.

Played around 5 or 6 hours with that mod and didn't find any other bugs. Congratz on the job done!

Also, if you want to try with my savegame if it's tied to it somehow : http://gtasnp.com/75ij7j

Edited by kaetsyth

The Coconut Kid

Great idea. Do the Forellis attempt to kill you in this mod?

The Eddo

Do the Forellis attempt to kill you in this mod?

Uh, no, only the Cubans, Haitians, Streetwannabe's and Diaz's Gang attack you.