Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,957 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Shinola Gamer

Religious and Atheists Protagonists

Shinola Gamer

Ok I don't know if theres a topic like this... First of all I am very curious about this and I want to debate with you all our protagonists beliefs, I know Johnny is jewish, Niko is pretty well known as a man without faith. I can still go on but I want you guys to share your thoughts.

Thanks.

Sentinel Driver

Interesting topic! Although I find it a bit hard to think about GTA characters as men of faith. Toni and Tommy are probably catholic because of their italian roots. With Toni this is supported by how he gets mission from that priest in the church

Shinola Gamer

Interesting topic! Although I find it a bit hard to think about GTA characters as men of faith. Toni and Tommy are probably catholic because of their italian roots. With Toni this is supported by how he gets mission from that priest in the church

I get you bro and like you said it's kindda hard to think about GTA characters as men of faith, but like in real life there's people who claim to have connections to God or whatever and they do all kind of bad stuff....

Well getting on topic, Franklin is likely a Christian (I think there's a Bible on his house) and he sarcastically mentioned something in the mission Marriage Counseling " I don't think my boy Mathew was thinking trucks when he wrote that sh*t" at the very least he studied the Bible at some point in his life.
Edited by Shinola Gamer

Sentinel Driver

I get you bro and like you said it's kindda hard to think about GTA characters as men of faith, but like in real life there's people who claim to have connections to God or whatever and they do all kind of bad stuff....

Well getting on topic, Franklin is likely a Christian (I think there's a Bible on his house) and he sarcastically mentioned something in the mission Marriage Counseling " I don't think my boy Mathew was thinking trucks when he wrote that sh*t" at the very least he studied the Bible at some point in his life.

Michael: It's a foolish man who builds his house on sand

Franklin: I don't think my boy Matthew was thinking of trucks when he wrote that sh*t

Both of the characters knew the quote from the bible. Maybe Michael got it through a movie or something but I don't know about Franklin

Jeansowaty

While Johnny may be of Jewish descent, he's not religious. He himself mentions he lost faith. I don't know about CJ but he probably didn't read the Bible since when Smoke quotes it, he doesn't know what that quote was from.

Edited by Jeansowaty

Yinepi

I don't think any of the Protags apart from Toni have a religion. They're all men of ill means and definitely don't practice any religious ideology.

Claude - Unknown current affiliation, unknown background.
Tommy - Unknown current affiliation, possible Catholic background.
CJ - Religiously ignorant it seems, but possibly identifies as a Christian as he does claim to fear God.
Toni - Identifies as Catholic, doesn't practice.
Vic - Unknown current affiliation, possible Christian background.
Niko - Unknown current affiliation, possible Catholic or Eastern Orthodox background.
Johnny - Jewish heritage, doesn't practice. Apparently did at one time.
Luis - Unknown current affiliation, possible Christian background.
Michael - Unknown current affiliation, but possibly of Christian background. Given his sarcastically used Mathew quote and the arrangements and sermon at his fake funeral.
Franklin - Unknown current affiliation, but possibly of Christian background. Given his knowledge of the Bible.
Trevor - Unknown current affiliation. Due to his indifferent attitude towards many religions he may be Pantheist.

Rockstar made most of their religions ambiguous for obvious reasons though. The only reason Toni identifies as a Catholic is likely his Italian heritage, and to please his mother.

Edited by Yinepi

MARKUS.

Well could be kinda weird that a guy who praise God would be doing errands for the mafia and being a hired gun,

I think Niko was religious once, before the war, maybe in an orthodox background. He seems very open or at least listening when Faustin's wife talks about God , though for him there's no hope

universetwisters

I want there to be a minigame where you have to attend church every ingame sunday morning and if you don't, it's an automatic game over and your console explodes.

GTA-Biker

Tommy and Toni could be Catholic Christians (in fact,Toni probably is,since he went to church in a few missions),because of their Italian heritage.

Niko is Serbian,so he's probably Eastern Orthodox Christian,but he could be an atheist since he was raised in communist Yugoslavia.

Johnny has Jewish heritage and was probably raised as Jewish,but at one point he mentioned he has given up on faith,which would make him an atheist or agnostic.

Michael and Franklin seem to be familiar with Bible quotes,so they could be Christians (also,there was a priest at Michael's fake funeral).

I don't know about others,very little is known about Claude's background, CJ doesn't seems to be very religious, Vic and Luis could be Catholics because of their Dominican heritage (from what I know,most Latinos are Catholics), Trevor doesn't seem to be religious, and I didn't play GTA Advance and CTW so I don't know much about their protagonists.

MARKUS.

very little is known about Claude's background,

Pretty sure that Claude is not a human being and he's the angel of death... maybe an associated to the Stranger character of Red Dead Redemption. Who knows...

The guy didn't give a single **** about killing Kenji (the brother of one of his associates) during his journey

universetwisters

Also I should note that in the San Andreas modding community, CJ is a devout muslim.

DirtCheap

I think CJ could be religious as he tells Catalina he's a ''god fearing man''. He can also can get religious tattoos like crosses and Mary.

However, he says 'What f*cking book?' when Big Smoke mentions the Bible at the start of the game meaning that he may be ignorant towards the Bible.

Ondr4H
Posted (edited)

im interested who is commie.Because everybody seems to be capitalist!

Dont say that communist isnt religion!I double dare you comrade!

Edit-Do you feel better if that mass murderer, bank robber, notorious cop killer is for example christian?This is hypocrisy in nutshell...

Edited by Ondr4H